So, um, memsers seem brokenly OP

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Pls show me a ranger build with instant/stealth burst, instant cc, instant stealth, invuln, boon remove (to counter stability/protection), teleports, protection, regen, aegis, blinds, condi remove, …

Btw you are really calling a class, that has probably the most acess to defensiv mechanics (is there even anything not aviable for mesmer?) glassy?

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Pls show me a ranger build with bla bla bla

If you are so bad you cant even figure that out im not gonna waste my time

in PvP

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

Pls show me a ranger build with instant/stealth burst, instant cc, instant stealth, invuln, boon remove (to counter stability/protection), teleports, protection, regen, aegis, blinds, condi remove, …

Btw you are really calling a class, that has probably the most acess to defensiv mechanics (is there even anything not aviable for mesmer?) glassy?

Please show me one Mesmer build that has ALL that in it at the same time with RELIABLE access to each and every single one.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

You know, there was this answer about misinformation and half-truths? You resumed it all…
Our only unreliable access to aegis is PU, which is really that, unreliable way to get the boons you want. Or signet of inspiration, but really, boonshare builds are hardly OP.
Teleports? We have one. Blink which is 1200 range on 30 CD, used it for the burst, pretty much voided it for the whole fight.
Protection? Yeah… On chaos armor… need staff for that… or again unreliable PU or signet of inspiration (which is a RNG chance per 10 seconds) SO OP PLZ NERF!!!
Regen? Ah yes, that we have as a minor if we use the chaos line… on a 15 ICD… and we also gain protection if we gain regen… also on a 15 ICD…
blinds: On shatter yes, which, I can’t see many disagreeing that it needs a fix since it’s currently unavoidable. But abusing blinds is a bit counterproductive since you need your shatter for a whole other things than blinding your opponent…
Condi Remove: Without inspiration line I have… the mantra, which take a spot I’d rather have either blink, decoy,portal or Mantra of distraction over it…
Arcane Thievery, which is tricky to use, only “cure” 3 conditions on a 45 CD, Null field, which is great really, on a 32 CD however and , AHAH, PDisenchenter… which is horrible no matter how you take it. So yes… our untraited condi cleanse are terribad.
Traited with inspiration line: we have one condi cleanse per shatter, so four condi on a respective 12- 25 – 38 – 50 CD and 2 per heal, so 4 with Mantra since the last charge doesn’t clear anything.
Oh and Mender’s purity also has a 1ICD, so spamming your shatter to remove a condi vomit may not work…

SO here’s the deal:
YES, PU needs shaving
YES CS needs shaving (moving it to GM, reducing the percentage of stun, making it on interrupt, changing the CD, WHATEVER, too strong for adept skills)
YES Blinding Dissipation needs to be fixed so it can be dodged and blocked…
No matter the class, I can’t remember one mesmer since the patch who managed to one shot me, or even downed me after the initial burst…
You know… usually when I see a mesmer or a thief on the other team, I always ALWAYS stay on guard and keep my eyes open… I ALWAYS keep myself a skill I can use to get myself out of a burst, I ALWAYS make sure I have a way to not get bursted down, because I am AWARE they are on this map and COULD focus on me.
There’s this nice little thing where you can see the other team’s classes and a nice 1:30 to fix your build…
Yes sometimes you have to ADAPT… Yes some things NEEDS to be fixed on Mesmers, but half of the things I see here are just QQ for the sake of QQ… There are justified critics and complaints, but whining for the sake of whining because you refuse to roll a mesmer, to understand the class or simply ADAPT your build, well it’s pretty lame…
I’m not saying you need the perfect counter everytime, but making sure you have an instant stun break/stability that can make you dodge out of the mess and keeping yourself aware of your surrounding is hardly build breaking…

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Well, i’m not an expert for mesmer but what about something like this?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfRlknhG1YZawINwtGLnGk5O22MIDwCCa5Iae4A-TpghwAwLDAY/BA

I admit, it lacks a little bit in the cc department, but overall it has all mentioned stuff.

Or
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfRlknhG1YZawGNwtGLnGEaE6+3JDwCCa5Iae4A-TpghwAwLDAY/BA

Yea it doesn’t has those boons from PU, but still more defensive stuff than most classes.

Pls show me a ranger build with bla bla bla

If you are so bad you cant even figure that out im not gonna waste my time

Why am I not surprised?

Btw i never said, mesmer is completely overpowered and should be nerfed to the ground. I’m not even complaining about their current state. But claiming, “ranger is the same” ist just stupid.

Oh and about portal – just give me one rangers utility that is worth to give up things like blink, decoy or those mantras.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

I asked this question somewhere without getting an answer so let me ask me again. I challenge you to name me a single build on a single class (other than mesmer of course) that would consistently have a higher than 50% winning chance against say the mantra shatter build.

The closest I can think of is something like a mediguard or power ranger, but here I would say it is 50/50 at best. And please bear in mind that the mesmer does not lose simply if he is forced to disengage.

in PvP

Pepsi.8907

I asked this question somewhere without getting an answer so let me ask me again. I challenge you to name me a single build on a single class (other than mesmer of course) that would consistently have a higher than 50% winning chance against say the mantra shatter build.

The closest I can think of is something like a mediguard or power ranger, but here I would say it is 50/50 at best. And please bear in mind that the mesmer does not lose simply if he is forced to disengage.

yes but does the mesmer need to kill said target to be able to win?
You’re basically asking us to name you a power build, while knowing full well that mesmer counter said builds just like the thief does… I don’t want to switch attention or anything, I’m simply pointing it out…
Condi necros are truly a pain in the kitten to fight, 50/50 however? I’m not sure, I know it rules around that when I fight against one who is equally skilled.
We may have a lot of condi cleanse, but the speed at which a necro can apply them is truly higher than the speed with which we can cleanse them… especially since half of them are core-class mechanics that we need for something else than only cleansing…
A good D/D Ele is also a tough match, and I’m not speaking as someone who doesn’t know about Ele, I have 700 games and a thousand hour on my ele, I know how to bait them and I know when to spike them, nonetheless, a good D/D ele is very hard to take down, especially when traiting in earth/water/arcana…
D/P thieves, but then it’s a game of baiting for both parties and revolve around one single mistake on both part to be done with…
P/U Condi mesmers (seen more in WvW, but I’ve spotted a few around here in PvP)
And, of course lol, Shatter mesmer against another Shatter mesmer
On top of my hat that’s what I can think about…

Not 50/50 win ration but pretty annoying: Condi rangers and burn guardian

If you count “unable to kill” as a good counter: bunker guard and necro are impossible and I’d rather turn around. Matches lasts forever and I really can’t waste time in taking 5 minutes to kill someone. I’d be more useful elsewhere…

in PvP

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfRlknhG1YZawINwtGLnGk5O22MIDwCCa5Iae4A-TpghwAwLDAY/BA

I admit, it lacks a little bit in the cc department, but overall it has all mentioned stuff.

Or
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfRlknhG1YZawGNwtGLnGEaE6+3JDwCCa5Iae4A-TpghwAwLDAY/BA

Those builds have some flaws.
- First one has very little CC on long CD and the condi cleansing is quite poor (since once the mantra stacks are gone, you are done). In fact, trait choice is not the best one.

- Second has better CC and more damage, but looses condi cleanse potential (so any condi burst will be your death) and you become way more squishy without all boons from Chaos.

In the end, what mesmer only needs is what mesmer main players have been saying. CS, PU and Blinding Dissipation should be toned down. But beyond that it only hurts the class unreasonably, and anyone wanting more nerfs doesn’t have reasonable arguments to stand them, beyond lacking the knowledge to face this profession.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in PvP

Pepsi.8907

Or

Those builds have some flaws.
- First one has very little CC on long CD and the condi cleansing is quite poor (since once the mantra stacks are gone, you are done). In fact, trait choice is not the best one.

- Second has better CC and more damage, but looses condi cleanse potential (so any condi burst will be your death) and you become way more squishy without all boons from Chaos.

In the end, what mesmer only needs is what mesmer main players have been saying. CS, PU and Blinding Dissipation should be toned down. But beyond that it only hurts the class unreasonably, and anyone wanting more nerfs doesn’t have reasonable arguments to stand them, beyond lacking the knowledge to face this profession.

Couldn’t have said it better. Most of mesmer’s community isn’t a bunch of blind bat… we are aware of what makes us too strong, and we do want to see those things FIXED…
but some of the whine is disproportionate and terribly pathetic. It sometimes looks like people only want to seek answers for their own lack of performance.
Now again, I am, myself, subject to getting bursted, killed, stomped, rolled on, whatever you name it, and yes I do find it unfair and unskilled and I want to tear the world apart because the class I’ve spent hours in mastering has just been tossed on the side like a pile of dirt.
But you know what, yes I will QQ, like this kittening burning from hell… yes I will yell and screech, but I’ll also realize that my builds have mistake, and I’ll seek solutions to those mistakes. What happened? What can I do better? Is it my build that has flaws that I can mitigate, or can I improve my gameplay? What went wrong, there?
I record at least 75% of my games simply to watch them and try to learn from my mistake and positioning, because, in all fight, mistakes happens and I don’t even realize it in game. But I watch myself play and I see that, yes, that placement was wrong or, I badly used my skills and ended up messing up my CDs…
Despite that, players are more skilled than I, and I will get facestomp and facerolled upon, but I also learned many things, and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of mesmer who can actually burst me and down me in less than 20 seconds…

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

You’re basically asking us to name you a power build, while knowing full well that mesmer counter said builds just like the thief does… I don’t want to switch attention or anything, I’m simply pointing it out…
Condi necros are truly a pain in the kitten to fight, 50/50 however? I’m not sure, I know it rules around that when I fight against one who is equally skilled.
We may have a lot of condi cleanse, but the speed at which a necro can apply them is truly higher than the speed with which we can cleanse them… especially since half of them are core-class mechanics that we need for something else than only cleansing…
A good D/D Ele is also a tough match, and I’m not speaking as someone who doesn’t know about Ele, I have 700 games and a thousand hour on my ele, I know how to bait them and I know when to spike them, nonetheless, a good D/D ele is very hard to take down, especially when traiting in earth/water/arcana…
D/P thieves, but then it’s a game of baiting for both parties and revolve around one single mistake on both part to be done with…

If you count “unable to kill” as a good counter: bunker guard and necro are impossible and I’d rather turn around. Matches lasts forever and I really can’t waste time in taking 5 minutes to kill someone. I’d be more useful elsewhere…

Yes that was just about the answer I got last time. A couple of builds where it might be 50/50 and that is about it (condi necros are at a disadvantage IMO btw due to the very long cast times being susceptible to interrupts and low actual condi pressure). A large majority of builds I can think of have really low chances against mantra shatter (many to the point of a hard counter.)

I would specifically rule out bunkers simply because the whole point of a bunker is that it should be very hard to take down for one person. However, I would say that due to the boon strip there should be a fairly could chance for a shatter mesmer to take down say a bunker guardian.

(edited by Tissitra.4153)

in PvP

Pepsi.8907

Yes that was just about the answer I got last time. A couple of builds where it might be 50/50 and that is about it (condi necros are at a disadvantage IMO btw due to the very long cast times being susceptible to interrupts and low actual condi pressure). A large majority of builds I can think of have really low chances against mantra shatter (many almost to the point of a hard counter.)

I would specifically ruled out bunkers because the whole point of a bunker is that it should be very hard to take down for one person. However, I would say that due to the boon strip there should be a fairly could chance for a shatter mesmer to take down say a bunker guardian.

I get your point, but how about your reverse it?
What builds counter a D/D ele (which needs nerf, we all agree about), what builds counter a Bunker Necro, what builds counter d/p thief?
I mean, there’s not dozens of builds to counter every other build that exist on this earth… Condi necro is fairly often seen, let’s not talk about D/D ele…
I didn’t name niche builds, but fairly used one that anyone can see at various degree at different pvp levels…
And you would rule out bunkers, but they are, indeed, a fairly good counter to Mesmer since they can’t be killed.
If they are on mid, and we need mid, but only mesmer can take it and bunker guard is on point. I’d say said mesmer is pretty kittened and countered because he needs that kitten cap that he can’t get.
How about regen rangers? Which can knock a mesmer off a point, cap it, and keep it for himself?
That’s not a direct counter, but still a counter that matters because PvP is about making points and cappin things

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

You come talk as smart as you can when it comes to a class, but that will never reflect skill.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I’m completely okay with the potential burst mesmers can dish out, I’m even alright with the amount of stealth they can obtain with a solid burst build in mind. What I find a little overwhelming is the amount of cc/evasive maneuvers they can obtain while also having that incredible burst damage + stealth.

IMO Confounding Suggestions is a little too strong with power lock. Instant dazes which get turned into stuns provide little to no counter play, its not fun to fight against. Top that all off with a magic bullet(which is also very hard to read and counter with a dodge for example) and you very well may be stunned from 100-0.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

stability anyone?

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

stability anyone?

That hardly matters when the mesmer can just mass invis to wait out your stability or blurred frenzy to avoid attacks or blind, blink, distortion, the prestige, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

or boon strip you?

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

or boon strip you?

Ah yes I missed the most obvious one that should have been listed.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Quite honestly it really isn’t just the Mesmers. Elementalists are far stronger then pre patch. And I mean far stronger. Rampage warriors are just silly too. I don’t think PvP was in a bigger state of crap then now. It was fun the first week but then it became apparent that you can toss aside 4 out of 8 classes right away and be absolutely worthless unless you are playing one of these 3 classes and/or builds. Perhaps toss a bunker guard in there somewhere to support them.

And the funny part is, A-net is silent 1 month into the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Was kinda with you until you said D/P thief is 1st one to make a mistake….no

If mesmer loses to thief 1v1 now it’s because the mesmer player isn’t good

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

I think main problem with Mesmer is that they received to many strong stuff baseline. Basically is like you have trickery on thief, or discipline on warrior basline. It would be incredibly op.

Basically you have an amazing combinations with every trait line, it’s incredible how you can switch trait lines with mesmer and beeing really solid and useful.

Elementalist always had amazing GM traits with incredible synergie but main problem was 6 6 2 limited choice but now it’s simply too much.

I think new system is really better than old system, more clear and easy, but it needs a lot of tweaks in many classes.

I can only hope in not 6 months for fixing this stuff.

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

I didn’t say, reflections are necessary for a mesmer to deal with lb rangers. They just can trait for it, if rangers were actually a problem.

pew pew ranger is pretty much the same thing as those redicilous burst builds
also way easier to do and less squishy so they have no reason to complain.

Did this guy REALLY just compare shatter mesmer to longbow ranger?

Oh boy…

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Man, I wonder what this post will look like 6 months down the road when mesmer is possibly balanced…

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Mantra Mesmer is indeed severely overboard OP at the moment.

• Top DPS Burster
  • Top sustain class
  • Top CC class
  • Top stealthing/disengagement
  • Has no hard-counter
  • Literally the best option for all conquest jobs ~ point holder ~ peeler ~ burster

You do the pros & cons yourself
There is no doubt that Mantra Mesmer was given too much on June 23rd 2015

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

• Top DPS Burster
  • Top sustain class
  • Top CC class
  • Has no hard-counter
  • Literally the best option for all conquest jobs ~ point holder ~ peeler ~ burster

relies on stealth tele and invlun, so not best point holder, I agree with everything else however

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

As long as he has has D/D Cele Ele with him
They’ll survive like kittenroaches

in PvP

Ansau.7326

• Top DPS Burster
  • Top sustain class
  • Top CC class
  • Has no hard-counter

No.
- One of the worst point holder.
- No way has top-stealthing.
- Hardcountered by CC and heavy condis.
- Pure shatter has higher burst.
- No DE.

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

As long as he has has D/D Cele Ele with him
They’ll survive like kittenroaches

Might as well say, have a bunker guardian with them, then they’ll never die. What’s the point of even mentioning this?

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Ansau, what game are you playing?
Or what MMR range? is probably the better question

@ Akikaze
I was responding to Firebird
And D/D Cele Ele survives better than Bunker Guard in 1v1 or 2v2 due to it’s disengage
Bunker Guard is a 3v3 kind of thing to assist primary engagers: DD Ele / Mantra Mes

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

Beein able to kittenin chain rupt/daze is broken already. How is it so hard to understand that? I’m beein forced to run stupid utilities on engie if there is a kittenin mesmer on the other team. Simply cuz I have no means 2 kittenin do anything crucial if I’m gettin focused by one. And if he will use all his mantra rupts its kittenin simply stealth → charge again.

On line with others my kitten kittenin “wannabe pros”. Mesm is a braindead class right now. But yeah, as long as u main one and are selfishly broken then u gonna say it’s “ok”.

Every kittenin patch anet will make one/two classess gods and others can kitten and go home. So yeah, have fun playin 5 mesm vs 5 eles scrubcakes.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Man, I wonder what this post will look like 6 months down the road when mesmer is possibly balanced…

It won’t be balanced.
No class will be balanced.

No matter what will be done.

There will always be a full room of whiners.

People already whine about anything.

For example, like about Thief’s Blinding Powder, because it was applying blind when someone did stand in that 120 radius circle.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Ansau.7326

Ansau, what game are you playing?
Or what MMR range? is probably the better question

Does it matter what I play or what I don’t? The knowledge of a class and its strengths and weaknesses goes beyond what you’re playing or at which levels. Specially in gw2, where besides tournaments the rest of pvp is purely a buch of randoms and casuals, even ranked matches.
I can assure you in Obsidian Sanctum you can find tons of people that know way more about a class than is top100.

From the comments it is clear you know pretty much nothing about this build, but it has rekted you quite a lot…

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Zerk Guardian here. My only complaint about current Mesmers is their access to stealth. I’m fine with the damage they deal or the sustain their have, but I’m not fine with their stealth, because the invisibility means that outside mele range they became invulnerable to my attacks while they still are able to do damage. I don’t have that problem with Thieves, because they need to expose in order to do substantial damage (so both of us fall in the same realm: high damage traded by high risk). But current Mesmer’s stealth means high damage and NO risk, which is unfair.