So what are your PVP strategies?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Talking about soloq matches and for easy understanding, lets say foefire When starting a match, do you prefer to send 1 home and 4 mid or do you go 1-3-1 or 1-1-3?

In balanced matches, I’ve found most success with the 1 home, 4 mid approach. In matches where players are equally balanced, it seems like going far fails frequently. If all other things are equal, the mid team is outnumbered and usually loses(often wipe), then even if far guy wins, the enemy’s mid team then just rotates and wipes him and it starts a cascade of being +1’d in every fight.

I’ve certainly been in matches where we cap all 3 points by going 1-3-1, but that’s because we’re better than the other team, not because of strategical advantage. I’m talking about if all the players are fairly skilled or on same level.

Far sometimes works if you send 2 or more, kill off their one guy and then rotate into mid. Seems to be far more successful than the 1-3-1 approach, but that’s just my experience. Enemy often gets confused and splits their forces sending some to your home and some far. Easy to have numbers in those fights and then rotate and roll.

If my team caps 2 points, my inclination is to sit and play defense on them. I prefer mid and home as easier to rotate support back and forth as needed. When fighting against good opponent, pushing for 3rd point often causes you to lose the 2 you have. What do you guys do?

Other question is with a capped point. Do you sit the point or do you try to help others out at another point that’s contested? I hate leaving a capped point unguarded, but team also needs support. Say you have home capped, and see fight at mid. You can leave and try to help, but often someone sneaks in and decaps it. But if you dont leave, and your allies get stomped at mid, then enemy comes at you 2 to 3 v1. So not sure, what the best strategy is.

in PvP

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

I’m as quick as possible my PVP dailies and then turn to the important things like WvW.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Initial game rotations don’t matter as much as mid game rotations do. You would have to see how the first mid fight plays out to determine how the rest of the game will play out. Expect to lose the mid fight if they have an Ele and you don’t so you can adapt thereafter; Rotating around their Ele in mid and pray he’s one of the bad ones who sits there all game.

That said, here you go.
Druid – Best 1v1 class in game, good at going far at start.
Engi – Decent 1v1 class, can go far at start as he can contest the point for days.
Mes – Decent 1v1 class but shouldn’t stay at far. They’re strat should consist of portal plays throughout the match.
Necro – Definitely wouldn’t send to far, would keep at mid vs larger groups. Preferably with an Ele, Engi or Ranger. He’s better utilized in team fights.
DH – Same as Necro
Thief – They are a hit or miss depending on the Thief player. I would send him home so he can +1 mid to potentially down a 50% healthed player, or +1 far if some one is there.
Rev – Same as Thief only he can go mid at start. Wouldn’t send him far unless he’s with another cc + dps class.
War – Decent 1v1 class but would rather send him mid first or home.
Ele – Belongs in mid and any point that needs team support.

The issue with pub players is, they do their own thing while expecting their team to automatically win points. So they keep going far to 1v1 or something. The worse is 1v1ing some one on a point that they already own… to remedy this, go help to +1 and hope to kill that player quickly (unless it’s an Ele). If your teamate QQs just ignore him.

If I don’t have an Ele on my team, you’ll either burst the Ele in Mid, or focus any one of their Nec/Guard/Thief/Rev in the fight. The mistake that players make is… they get stuck on point trying to burst down the Ele or Bunker class. Worse yet, they do it after downing one of their players when one of your teamates should have immediately rotated to the other nodes because they’re team is a man down. If you can’t kill the Ele or Bunker class within 10s of one of their players getting stomped, absolutely rotate out for a potential node decap or else your going to get clobbered when they respawn.

If you can’t win that initial mid fight, you’re forced to play sides and hope that Ele player in mid stays there all game. Wait for your respawns, fall back to home or rotate to far. A few classes like Engi, Ele, Ranger can contest mid long enough for you to rotate off. If mid is already lost, don’t feel bad to leave that 1 or 2 teamates to die if you know you all are dead in seconds regardless. If you live, you just saved yourself 15s.

Don’t go out to +1 far when you see Skulls at the top left on your teamates. It means the enemy players are already rotating out to other nodes. Literally wait right outside your gate for your team to respawn. No sense to go out to far/mid/home only to die from a 2v4.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Agree with that. I’ve found that in pub matches, once one team wipes. They seem to trickle out one by one and just get obliterated rather than wait a few seconds for allies to respawn.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I only do 1-3-1 if I see that the far guy is someone I can beat 1v1 easily OR my team going mid has decent sustain (eg. bunker DH+ele+druid or some mix thereof) to last a 3v4 until the home node caps.

In general if my team has a thief I don’t go far because he has better decap potential than me sitting at far 1v1-ing while my mid team is basically 2v4 since the thief can’t really go in and burst in an outnumbered fight.

It all really depends on the comp as to whether or not I push far. If their comp has low dps not much burst, probably safe to 1-3-1, if it has a lot of burst (eg. thief/revs) probably best to open with 1-4 imo. It also comes down to your comp too though, if your comp is going to suck at killing people (eg. 2 druids, 2 eles and you), 1-3-1 would probably be much better than a 1-4.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

go far and die

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

play ele and sit in mid till the game ends

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I spam heals at the dps who dived past our tank, cry when my team follows them in and gets obliterated then pop my ultimate and make sure heroes never die.