in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

google it.

So what other PVP games are there

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i started playing hots. it’s a lot of fun, it’s team based like guild wars, very good devs that usually get balance right quickly, new updates every 3-4 weeks with great content, many maps that are good, f2p.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Ghede.9145

Ghede.9145

google it.

.. ^

in PvP

Ghede.9145

i started playing hots. it’s a lot of fun, it’s team based like guild wars, very good devs that usually get balance right quickly, new updates every 3-4 weeks with great content, many maps that are good, f2p.

thx, gonna check it out

i looked up a bunch of games (haven’t looked for 2+ years what is happening,
so here is a short list of games, that imho just dont cut it.

- rift
- neverwinter online
- skyforge
- world of warcraft
- echo of souls
- blade and soul
- asta
- wildstar
- elder scrolls online
- any MOBA (like wtf ppl play those for) <— soz Jekkt, MOBA is just not for me ^^

(edited by Ghede.9145)

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

thx, gonna check it out

i looked up a bunch of games (haven’t looked for 2+ years what is happening,
so here is a short list of games, that imho just dont cut it.

- rift
- neverwinter online
- skyforge
- world of warcraft
- echo of souls
- blade and soul
- asta
- wildstar
- elder scrolls online
- any MOBA (like wtf ppl play those for) <— soz Jekkt, MOBA is just not for me ^^

mmo is a dying market and usually not catered towards pvp players, many mmo’s are shutting down (wildstar) or others (eso) are just bad and some are getting too old. then there’s the grindy asian mmos like blade and soul or black desert with flashy skills, 6s stuns and 100-0 combos. if you want pvp keep your hands off mmos. gw2 is basically the only mmo with “good” pvp. i wasn’t a fan of mobas for a long time and i despise league of legends, but heroes of the storm is really good for what it is, i wouldn’t judge it without having played it.

other than that maybe Gigantic, it’s not really a moba but rather a 5v5 GvG, it’s made by some gw1 devs and you fight to take down the enemy lord.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I don’t find anything better than GW2

That’s the biggest advantage ArenaNet has. There are just no other good PvP-Third-Person-RPGs.

- blade and soul

If it wouldn’t be for the kiddy graphics and the entry barrier (level grind), I think, it would have the potential to be become really big.

mmo is a dying market and usually not catered towards pvp players

Well, currently it looks like that, but it absolutely doesn’t have to.
A pvp based game does not need more than a moba-like client but having the ability to customize your character and run around in the world does not hurt.
There are a lot of stuff, ArenaNet needs to do better for GW2 to actually become relevant in the esports scene. It has the potential but the necessary improvements just do not seem to come fast enough.

Currently: If you want better pvp, you have to leave the mmo scene.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Ghede.9145

Feel free to add more to the list:

- aion
- rift
- neverwinter online
- skyforge
- world of warcraft
- echo of souls
- blade and soul
- asta
- wildstar
- elder scrolls online
- any MOBA (like wtf ppl play those for) <— soz Jekkt, MOBA is just not for me

i think the MMR Probs could be fixed quite easy,
also make MMR visible

Player Feedback for Anet:

more ranked maps and game modes:
- Capture the Flag (with no port/speed abuse of flag carrier)
- More Maps with more jumping elements like in Kyhlo
- Nodes that move around on map
- King of the Hill ( like 4 groups of 5 playing for the Hill)
- …. (your ideas)

- Remove Skyhammer, it is CR&P! Use the Dev. Time for something cool
like fixing MMR

(edited by Ghede.9145)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Dude, try PARAGON ($20 for early access, game will eventually release Free To Play and is DEFINITELY NOT pay to win) – well worth the $20 to get in now imo.

It’s a 3D Moba – feels slow at first but when you understand it – it’s incredibly strategically deep in comparison to GW2, and I’ve had some of the most intense PVP I’ve had in ages.

The PVP infrastructure for their players is nothing short of amazing:

They have a companion site: agora.gg – where you can see everyone’s MMR and breakdowns of every game you or anyone else has played.
Put in my username: Stackalee – if you want to see how it works (spoiler I’m not very good YET)

They also have IN-GAME replays (no need to ever record your own games) – check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ZryDqCU00
That is actual game play recorded from in game replays. You can post to youtube directly from the game too.

You can watch hundreds of LIVE Ranked matches with FULL camera control.
You can replay your own or anyone elses with FULL camera control.
You can check out other people’s builds.

It’s balanced, the matchmaking is spot on, everything’s transparent (MMR/ELO, wins/losses etc), they have great infrastructure for their players. It’s a breath of fresh air tbh.

GW2 needs to copy this stuff quick, Paragon is going to be big.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Dude, try PARAGON ($20 for early access, game will eventually release Free To Play and is DEFINITELY NOT pay to win) – well worth the $20 to get in now imo.

It’s a 3D Moba – feels slow at first but when you understand it – it’s incredibly strategically deep in comparison to GW2, and I’ve had some of the most intense PVP I’ve had in ages.

This game is made by the best PVP gaming studio ever.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament_2004

EPIC GAMES.

To the OP, there is many PVP game coming this year. Paragon and Gigantic are closer to Gw2 SPVP than the others I have seen around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantic_

On a lot of different thing I tried, Duelyst is a great tactical PVP games where turn bases tactical battle meets Magic the Gathering / Heartstone. For a CCG, it is said as the easiest to “grind” new cards.

http://www.geek.com/news/duelyst-is-one-of-the-most-generous-ccgs-on-the-market-1648222/

Most likely, sPVP League Season 3 should be way BETTER, because the MOBA scene is growing in 2016. (so sad that I feel in a moba alpha like game 4 years after released)

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Depends…how do you feel about MMOs where you have to devote half your life to grinding gear just so you can be competitive with one class?

Unless you go for MOBAs for FPS, that’s pretty much what you’ll find. =P

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I keep trying to find an alternative to GW2, but as someone who’s not big into mobas because of the excessive PvE elements there’s not much out there. I’m more interested in facing other players than killing mobs that are running in a straight line and that much of the skill comes from killing them effectively and out gearing your enemy. I know that’s a oversimplification but my point is that I want my personal skill vs the other persons skill to be the main focus. GW1 had modes that were heavily focused on AI but you still got those great team fights and 1v1 moments. The actual gameplay is also really good, it’s the balance and overblown particle effects that annoy me.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

Smite is a fun pvp game.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Smite is a fun pvp game.

Paragon is better imo. If you had to compare, it’s a more faster paced “grown up” version of Smite with “Gears of Wars” graphics (made by the same creators). It also feels more like GW2 than any other moba but again, my opinion.

I’ll be playing Paragon and GW2 on the side TBH.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

(edited by cosmicegg.8502)

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

paragon is totally different than hots tbh, hots requires more strategy and teamwork, has generally faster combat while paragon has shiny graphics and a jungle.

if you want fun and crazy heroes, it’s definitely hots, if you need wsad movement and a more “traditional” moba then it’s paragon.

imo overall hots is the best moba currently out there, and then i wouldn’t even call it “moba”.

ofc there’s also other mobas, like league when you’re a masochist, dota2 if you like russians and smite if you want a worse paragon. and some old and forgotten mobas too.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in PvP

Posted by: DeathStorm is Unreal.5217

DeathStorm is Unreal.5217

The only other competitive PvP game (outside of shooters) worth playing is Dota 2. I know you said you hate the genre, but have you given it a fair shot? I ask because I initially hated moba’s, it took me a long time to fully understand and appreciate what they had to offer. Plus, Dota offers everything GW2 does, except with far more depth. More strategy, more mechanical skill, more characters, more “build” (or their equivalent of) variety, etc. With the same importance to combat, positioning, target priority, evasion, and overall combat mechanics.

I’ve played pretty much every competitive game there is, and Dota is by far the most challenging. Again, outside of shooters. But, it depends on what you’re into. Something with a high skill ceiling and a good challenge, or a more accessible and fun experience.

Paragon I’ve played since OT2, right now the game feels too rigid. Doesn’t have good fluidity to animations or combat. Plus, it lacks in terms of strategy.

Smite is probably the best accessible moba if you want to go that route.

(edited by DeathStorm is Unreal.5217)

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

Battlerite beta will be out b4 summer 2vs2/3vs3 arenas,check bloodline champions to make an idea about the new game.