So when are we fixing Unrelenting Assault?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Either

• Remove the damage
  • Remove the evade
  • Remove the teleport/tracking

Why is this so hard XD

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

Either

• Remove the damage
  • Remove the evade

Why is this so hard XD

You mean when we fix the fact that is the only skill in the game that gets interrupted with stealth even when already start channelling?

Aniway Dodge one time, problem solved.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

^

It’s not so bad now that it lasts about the same duration as a dodge. It used to be longer and was really broken then.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I think that UA is a good skill but not overpowered at all. With the amount of blocks and evades that most professions have access to, it is not difficult to stop most of the damage hitting you. Also I would hate to see the ability to follow mesmers through portals removed. Quite a few times I have ported onto a point with a revenant on it, they cast UA and then I immediately portal back to where I came from and the revenant follows me so when the attack is finished I use the portal again and cap the point without anyone contesting it. I imagine that revenant players have also had some awesome plays where they see a Mesmer trying to portal to safety and they follow them through the portal with UA and finish the mesmer off.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If this skill gets touched, I hope it’s only a small damage shave. I actually like the skill a lot, even though I don’t play rev. It encourages some unique play to counter it (save up dodges or stealth) and there’s some really cool ways that you can screw over a rev that uses it if you play a class that can port:

https://youtu.be/hyXz8cV62Dk?t=13

in PvP

Posted by: Dextroz.4019

Dextroz.4019

Naw, as I remember it got toned down. The only problem might be all shinny kitten on rev that doesn’t allow you to see him casting the spell.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Either

• Remove the damage
  • Remove the evade

Why is this so hard XD

You mean when we fix the fact that is the only skill in the game that gets interrupted with stealth even when already start channelling?

you need 2 dodges actually
and even if you stealth you still eat at least 2 attacks from it with all the procs

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

……

Quite a few times I have ported onto a point with a revenant on it, they cast UA and then I immediately portal back to where I came from and the revenant follows me so when the attack is finished I use the portal again and cap the point without anyone contesting it.

……

this doesn’t seem right to me. i’d call that a bug, even if it can work in the rev’s favor

in PvP

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

It’s unfair that some classes has an powerfull damage skill with evade and teleport in one. It is so unfair, non other mes class has it…

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Either

• Remove the damage
  • Remove the evade

Why is this so hard XD

you need 2 dodges actually
and even if you stealth you still eat at least 2 attacks from it with all the procs

You can just dodge once and the rest of the damage won’t be lethal unless you’re near dead anyways. And if you take 2 attacks before stealth hits, it doesn’t really make a difference.

Smart revs will reveal before before UA, but smart stealth classes will take the reveal as a tell anticipate a UA. Either way, it makes for interesting gameplay with depth.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The skill was mechanically overpowered because classes dudn’t have the skillsets to couter-react to it. What the heck do you do with a skill that glue itself to you, evades attacks, and deals 6k dmges? Not everyone is a thief who can interrupt abilities easily.

Thanks to the mechanically OP ability, Revs got nerfed so it’s considered “fine”… when the balance issue was and still is, the ability itself.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

It’s unfair that some classes has an powerfull damage skill with evade and teleport in one. It is so unfair, non other mes class has it…

Please, enlighten us with the name of this skill the mes has of the same ilk?

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

This skill evades for days while doing massive damage, goes through blinds, goes through block, and follows you if you port away. The only way to counter this attack is to blow all your dodges or hope the Revenant doesn’t land too many crits. Just kidding Revenants have permanent 100% crit chance.

#balance

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

^ Real.

It shouldn’t be an evade

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Skill is fine. If anything it needs a slightly lower CD now.

I dont think non revs realize how bad its dmg is most of the time. They only think about that one time they didn’t react alone vs a rev and it did all its dmg.

If there are minions or clones or pets or gyros or just other players its dmg is pathetic. Its worse than ranger lb2 or w/e.

You can also position yourself near a wall to bug it out. Stealth. Dodge once. There are so many counters every class has its pathetic.

in PvP

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

Please, enlighten us with the name of this skill the mes has of the same ilk?

I was thinking about blured frenzy, but before U burst me with hate flame it was sarcasm. For me UT is also overpowered, but still my favorite mesmers can outmanuver revs with good portal play. And UT is thematically must have for revs like blured frenzy for mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

It’s fine. It already got shaved. It can be countered. invulnereability, block, blind. teleport.

Power revenant should still be viable.

Your warrior can easily take it ross biddle

in PvP

ellesee.8297

Goes through block. Goes through blinds. Follows you if you port away. Next.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Did it go through block? Don’t remember really, I usually dodge out once n it’s enough (I take a hit or 2, but nothing serious)

Main issue for me is that it moves with the target, when most other classes with anything similar are either rooted, or 1 directional (that I can think of)

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Did it go through block? Don’t remember really, I usually dodge out once n it’s enough (I take a hit or 2, but nothing serious)

Main issue for me is that it moves with the target, when most other classes with anything similar are either rooted, or 1 directional (that I can think of)

It doesn’t inherently go through block. He’s talking about using it with Phase Traversal and honestly I think Phase Traversal needs a nerf more than UA does.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Problem with rev sword is the fact that it damage get DRASTICALLY reduced vs more than one target. Complaining about UA is silly at this point, even more so given the amount of blocks/evades/healing classes have access to. If anything, rev might fall out of meta very soon given new op state of warrior with it broken 1k hp/s and ability to clear condi on it own – something rev cannot do.

And just to remember – no class loses damage to it target just bc a minion or whatever showed up, noone but rev. In teamfight rev damage is beyond pathetic or vs classes like mesmer – your best bet is to autoatk him. If anything rev should receive proper rework so hes not stupidly op 1v1 but also not useless in teamfight, not nerfs like some of us want to delete him into oblivion.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

It’s fine. It already got shaved. It can be countered. invulnereability, block, blind. teleport.

But what if I don’t want to play my war XD

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

not nerfs like some of us want to delete him into oblivion.

Arguably the game was better before Rev came along.

XD

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

The problem with UA is you got Precision strike on the same bar with it, and surging mist on staff as well. There are too many must dodge attacks for revs.

in PvP

Shala.8352

nah you only need one well timed dodge, at max you are gonna recieve 1-2 hits wich are equal to autoattack. Also, any skill that lock the opponent in animation is a disadvantage, meaning you can timing your burst skill so easily just when the animation ends.
And it’s not unblockable. Phase Traversal gives 5 unblockable attacks, but if you manage to evade 4-kittens with just one dodge, then is not a problem.
If unblockable phase traversal is a problem, what about go check the list of all the skill/traits that are unblockable? You would be surprised to discover that others class like thief, necro and elementalist have a huge bigger kitten nal of unblockable attacks/traits. And that warrior has a completely similar skill called signet of might.
UA doesnt go through blind, simply the first hit is affected by blind but the rest not. As a counterpart, it works exactly like warrior’s GS wirlwind attack: first attack will soffer the blind, the rest not.
Also UA is very easy to kite or to interrupt.
You know UA goes on CD if you cast it and the opponent goes out range while the skill is channelling?
I m not even starting to talk about the counter effects added when there are minions, pets, illusion or gyro around. If UA has to be the Revenant burst skill, i think it’s much less “bursty” than many other skills other classes have.

in PvP

ellesee.8297

^Spotted the Revenant player. Argues that because such amazing skills like Signet of Might and Assassin’s Signet exist, Phase Traversal is OK. Similarly, Guardian Bow of Truth does the same thing as Ele shouts, it cures condis and heals, therefore Guardian spirit weapons are in a good spot right?

Argues that blind is a good counter even though it only blinds the first hit and the super long evade frame + high damage + permanent 100% crit chance still persists. Permanent 100% crit chance.

Argues that all you have to do is just be out of range. Ah yes the classic “Oh the skill is fine because you can just run away in a game mode where the main objective is to stand on point” defense. Nevermind the fact that if the Revenant casts it on you and you port away after, IT STILL FOLLOWS YOU LOL! I once ported away with Flesh Wurm only to arrive at my destination 1200 range away with the Revenant still whirling and twirling, still evading and stacking might, and still critting because someone over on the Anet staff decided permanent 100% crit chance on a highly mobile, bursty, heavy armor class was a good idea. Permanent 100% crit chance. Permanent 100% crit chance.

Even in a teamfight scenario where the skill hits multiple players, it’s a completely safe attack because of the year long evade frame that will guaranteed always crit multiple players regardless of dodges, blocks, blinds, and even blinks and it’s on an extremely short cooldown, and it will always proc sigil effects because permanent 100% crit chance and it will stack extra might for your team. But nah it’s fine says the Revenant player.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Shala.8352

^Spotted the Revenant player. Argues that because such amazing skills like Signet of Might and Assassin’s Signet exist, Phase Traversal is OK. Similarly, Guardian Bow of Truth does the same thing as Ele shouts, it cures condis and heals, therefore Guardian spirit weapons are in a good spot right?

Argues that blind is a good counter even though it only blinds the first hit and the super long evade frame + high damage + permanent 100% crit chance still persists. Permanent 100% crit chance.

Argues that all you have to do is just be out of range. Ah yes the classic “Oh the skill is fine because you can just run away in a game mode where the main objective is to stand on point” defense. Nevermind the fact that if the Revenant casts it on you and you port away after, IT STILL FOLLOWS YOU LOL! I once ported away with Flesh Wurm only to arrive at my destination 1200 range away with the Revenant still whirling and twirling, still evading and stacking might, and still critting because someone over on the Anet staff decided permanent 100% crit chance on a highly mobile, bursty, heavy armor class was a good idea. Permanent 100% crit chance. Permanent 100% crit chance.

Even in a teamfight scenario where the skill hits multiple players, it’s a completely safe attack because of the year long evade frame that will guaranteed always crit multiple players regardless of dodges, blocks, blinds, and even blinks and it’s on an extremely short cooldown, and it will always proc sigil effects because permanent 100% crit chance and it will stack extra might for your team. But nah it’s fine says the Revenant player.

So we have a necro player^^
Here we go!
100% critical chance: learn to use your UNBLOCKABLE corrupt boon 1500 range, easy 11 sec weakness no more 100% crit. Learn to use your UNBLOCKABLE marks to kittenload condi so that even in evade revenant will die. Learn to use your spectral armor at right timing… btw who needs evades when you can avoid 100% of the dmg by just going reaper form?
And now tell me any necro attacks that even gives a kitten about blind, since they are all aoe -.-. By your logic, if blind should cancel all the hits from UA, then same thing should happen when placing aoe while having blind, all the pulses should be blinded!!
Usual no logic average necro player

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Here we go!
100% critical chance: learn to use your UNBLOCKABLE corrupt boon 1500 range, easy 11 sec weakness no more 100% crit. Learn to use your UNBLOCKABLE marks to kittenload condi so that even in evade revenant will die. Learn to use your spectral armor at right timing… btw who needs evades when you can avoid 100% of the dmg by just going reaper form?
And now tell me any necro attacks that even gives a kitten about blind, since they are all aoe -.-. By your logic, if blind should cancel all the hits from UA, then same thing should happen when placing aoe while having blind, all the pulses should be blinded!!

the person you quoted is an engie main. fail..

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Fortunately for you it is pretty hard to lose against power rev with the standard build for mesmer which is apparently your main class.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Shala.8352

Here we go!

the person you quoted is an engie main. fail..

doesnt change anything, aniway he was talking about necro not being able to escape UA with that wurm, maybe thats the reason he came out with the only skill of necro not able to counter UA XD XD, it’s just because he is an engi!

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

In beta I managed to throw a few revs off cliffs with this skill. Just wait for them to use it, scorp wire npc to cliff side and watch them fall. Doesn’t work every time, but its funny when it does.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Fortunately for you it is pretty hard to lose against power rev with the standard build for mesmer which is apparently your main class.

Oh sure, condi chrono will do the job just awesome.

Thanks for showing me the health of the game in all aspects is in tip top shape. I guess we leave Unrelenting Assault alone.

XD

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Rev is OP against other non-condi builds so, if you see one or two, switch to condi and hope enemy team doesn’t have AoE condi removal. Otherwise you are begging to be gibbed like a starved ally cat on the highway.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Rev doesn’t need any nerfs. Get better at what you do, seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Lol , yeah it does, for example, precision strike does not need to apply chill. It makes absolutely no sense why it applies chill. Revenant is already a very mobile class, easy chill application should remain on slower classes like necro. It is several small things like this that make revenant over the top.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Lol , yeah it does, for example, precision strike does not need to apply chill. It makes absolutely no sense why it applies chill. Revenant is already a very mobile class, easy chill application should remain on slower classes like necro. It is several small things like this that make revenant over the top.

If rev didn’t have chill it would rarely land more than 2-3 hits consecutively. It’s its only form of soft CC. Something such as that would remove the class from viability almost all together. You’re bad.

(edited by JayAction.9056)

in PvP

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

Not sure if OP is being a hypocrite on purpose, but I’m just gonna throw in a ‘L2P’-card and call it a day. :>

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Lethal Stranger.5093)

in PvP

Posted by: GorgeousDave.9608

GorgeousDave.9608

“permanent 100% crit chance on a highly mobile, bursty, heavy armor class was a good idea. Permanent 100% crit chance. Permanent 100% crit chance.”

Big fan of the frandliest person on NA…but it’d be nice if people could read.

This isn’t 100% crit chance. It’s 100% increase in the effectiveness of Fury, aka Fury does 40% increase to crit chance instead of 20%

I don’t play a Rev but I don’t think they need any changes at all, they get absolutely melted by condis and can be focused easily enough once you have avoided attacking them in Glint heal, plus their decreasing dps in team fights, with minions/pets close by…even boxes on Khylo. It’s all L2P issues once again.

in PvP

ellesee.8297

Permanent 100% crit chance.

Attachments:

#1 Frandliest person NA!