So when is the ele and mes nerf comming?

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

I mean, its been nearly a month since the patch, this is getting realy old realy fast

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

you must be new lol it usually takes half year for Anet to make meaningful changes~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

never . Mesmer and ele will be buffed. Cele ele needs a serious buff /flame on now

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Mesmer was already nerfed, and its probably in a pretty good state of balance now in my opinion. As for ele, I’ve heard from a streamer that was at the WTS that the ele balance dev is on vacation right now, so thats why there hasn’t beenany real balance for eles. Thats also why the tempest beta weekend notes aren’t up yet.

Anyway though I seriously doubt mesmer will be nerfed again. It feels to be relatively well balanced again, and the only thing thats close to over the top is PU, which isn’t that strong in conquest, so I don’t mind too much. Plus Robert Gee is on top of his kitten as a balance dev and probably would have nerfed it by now if he thought it was needed.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

All in all, mesmers arent insta stunning deleting the enemy right now, I think they arent OP… Eles, well, I main ele and Im not playing it anymore, I dont like to know that I will win every 1v1, and potentially 2v1

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Mesmer was already nerfed, and its probably in a pretty good state of balance now in my opinion. As for ele, I’ve heard from a streamer that was at the WTS that the ele balance dev is on vacation right now, so thats why there hasn’t beenany real balance for eles. Thats also why the tempest beta weekend notes aren’t up yet.

Anyway though I seriously doubt mesmer will be nerfed again. It feels to be relatively well balanced again, and the only thing thats close to over the top is PU, which isn’t that strong in conquest, so I don’t mind too much. Plus Robert Gee is on top of his kitten as a balance dev and probably would have nerfed it by now if he thought it was needed.

If you think that mesmers are in good state now then half of the classes need massive buffing lol.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

you must be new lol it usually takes half year for Anet to make meaningful changes~

considering they actually buffed eles after 8 months they had been ALREADY broken lmao (Ele is op since they put celestial amulet into the game)

#esportsbalance

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

IMO, probably sometime in late September.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Archaon.9524

IMO, probably sometime in late September.

yeah, considering how fast they (fail to) balance this game, september 2016 is gonna be the date…pretty much

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

The lack of balance realy showed on the beta weekend, all the profesion that were added utility things that complemented their standard build were ok. All the classes that added active offensive things like the guardian bow, necro GS and the entire revenant were for the most part sub par.

Is this because of design flaws or straigh up imbalance affecting those numbers?.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

considering they actually buffed eles after 8 months they had been ALREADY broken lmao (Ele is op since they put celestial amulet into the game)

#esportsbalance

I agree that elementalists and mesmers need nerfs…but eles before patch were falling out of meta losing their spot to shout bow warriors…just saying

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

mesmers is balanced.
ele needs some shave to do less damage.

other professions needs to be buffed.
especially warrior.

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

mesmers is balanced.
ele needs some shave to do less damage.

other professions needs to be buffed.
especially warrior.

mesmers could have PU nerfed slightly…but since it’s conquest i understand they decide that it isn’t needed

eles in my opinions should have burn stacks reduced and increased cooldow on blind on burn (first nef) from there i’d see and decide if more nerfs are needed.

warriors need a bit of love, but also thiefs and rangers, If all this professions improve a bit and eles get the nefs I suggested seems to me we would be close to have a nice balance.

in PvP

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

#esportsbalance

Celestial Amulet is here from the beginning in PvP, a real while after came to PvE and WvW. Ele wasn’t OP at that time -.-

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

#esportsbalance

Celestial Amulet is here from the beginning in PvP, a real while after came to PvE and WvW. Ele wasn’t OP at that time -.-

Ele had celestial and was falling out of meta before patch…just saying

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Arenanet tried to nerf celestial by 10% for the last patch. This failed because they didn’t understand the changes they were making. The amulet got reduced stat advantage but overall a CELESTIAL SPEC got buffed in terms of the percentage stat differential they have over other specs due to the fact that they removed previously equal points from trait lines. So the amulet is now responsible for more stats.

I doubt ele is too good, it is just celestial amulet which gives those specs a 13% gear advantage (it was previously around 12% before the last patch).

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Arenanet tried to nerf celestial by 10% for the last patch. This failed because they didn’t understand the changes they were making. The amulet got reduced stat advantage but overall a CELESTIAL SPEC got buffed in terms of the percentage stat differential they have over other specs due to the fact that they removed previously equal points from trait lines. So the amulet is now responsible for more stats.

I doubt ele is too good, it is just celestial amulet which gives those specs a 13% gear advantage (it was previously around 12% before the last patch).

You’re so wrong. Celestial is perfectly fine. Ele is the problem because they can have 50% uptime on skills like ring of fire that cause 4K damage in burns every time you walk through it if left uncleansed.

I mean no one complains that cele necros are too strong, and cele engis and cele warriors don’t exist in the meta anymore because of trait changed and the fact that celes defenses on those classes can’t keep up with the thief/mes zerker ammy power creep.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Celestial amulet gives almost 30% extra stats over 3 stat amulets and around 20% over 4 stat ones.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Celestial amulet gives almost 30% extra stats over 3 stat amulets and around 20% over 4 stat ones.

yeh but everyone gets base 1000 stats so its not quite like that in reality.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

ELE is the problem. Evade spam and blind spam with so much tankiness takes no skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Mirror blade got nerfed. Mantras and Blinding Dissipation got fixes.

The only legit things to complain about now would be PU and maybe still CS (although the mantra recharge fix has kind of solved this). The Pledge could also be changed to flat 20% recharge.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

PU is surely OP, not only does it gives huge stealth up time but also a lot of sustain through the boons.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

PU needs to give +1 sec to stealth only

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

PU is surely OP, not only does it gives huge stealth up time but also a lot of sustain through the boons.

I am all for a PU nerf.
But you can’t really say it makes that big of an impact in conquest style game modes.
There are much better traits for that.
You don’t really see PU outside of hotjoin and wvw

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

If you think that mesmers are in good state now then half of the classes need massive buffing lol.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Mesmer needs at least bug fix on The Pledge trait before we can really tell if PU is OP or not. (It’s providing something like three times as much cooldown reduction while stealthed as the tooltip claims, which means that the uptime on Torch 4 is way higher than it’s supposed to be.) Confounding Suggestions could also stand to be tweaked so chain-stunning is a little harder, though actually the recent Mantra bug fix took most of the sting off of that one.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I am all for a PU nerf.
But you can’t really say it makes that big of an impact in conquest style game modes.

I see PU condi mesmer quite often actually.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Im sorry your math its wrong:

If both got increased in x%, the % stat difference its the same , if the nerf to celestial becomes 10% of the new or 10% of the old, this means this ratio go lower, meaning the % ratio its lower.

Also if the stats advantage in absolute was reduced, then that means the % diference also was reduced, because for maintaining % ratios you need to mantain the ratio betwen the increments also.

If both could have been iincremented in the same absolute, the increments % of the absolute are bigger in a minor denominator number (non cele amulet) than a mayor denominator number (cle amulet).

With actual numbers (https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3aq4pk/new_pvp_amulets_from_preview_stream/):

3-stat amulets: 3000
4-stat amulets: 3220 (7.33% over base)
Celestial: 3920 (30.66% over base)

Old stat totals:
3-stat: 2232
Berserker’s: 2364 (5.9% over base)
Celestial: 3066 (37.37% over base)

Pd: Know your math xD.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I am all for a PU nerf.

I see PU condi mesmer quite often actually.

Including Helseth at wts.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

You’re so wrong. Celestial is perfectly fine. Ele is the problem because they can have 50% uptime on skills like ring of fire that cause 4K damage in burns every time you walk through it if left uncleansed.

I mean no one complains that cele necros are too strong, and cele engis and cele warriors don’t exist in the meta anymore because of trait changed and the fact that celes defenses on those classes can’t keep up with the thief/mes zerker ammy power creep.

I agree 100% about RoF. Its strategic placement is devastating. I got back on recently to play ele. In a 3v3 team fight, an opponent was downed next to the wall at graveyard. I knew his teammates would run over to rez so I placed Rof right in front of him. They fell for the bait and immediately had 6 burning stacks. Then I popped cleansing fire. Within a few seconds, there were 3 downed.

3 burning stacks every time it’s crossed (plus physical damage at cast) with a short 10s traited cd is probably the most powerful burning skill in the game.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I dont mind for mesmers.. But the cele ele era is getting ridiculous..
I mean ive never played a game before that one class can do everything. Heal, dmg, tank, teleport.
Is it so hard to realize that its making the game boring?

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

3 burning stacks every time it’s crossed (plus physical damage at cast) with a short 10s traited cd is probably the most powerful burning skill in the game.

With absolutely no counterpla…wait, just don’t cross the flames. Who thinks crossing flames should be a good thing?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

With absolutely no counterpla…wait, just don’t cross the flames. Who thinks crossing flames should be a good thing?

because eles don’t have any other skill to force you out of circle~

All is Vain~

in PvP

DaShi.1368

OMG, comboing skills. OP! OP!

in PvP

Cynz.9437

OMG, comboing skills. OP! OP!

i can only dream of having same dmg, same survival, same CC, same team and same moblity all in one build on my thief or necro…..

why is it ok for ele to have it all and be very effective at it?

All is Vain~

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Sorry that you’re having such a hard time as thief.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Sorry that you’re having such a hard time as thief.

actually i feel sry for all those eles that collect points by drooling on keyboard right now…. one day the build will be gone and most of them will be as useless as ex-turret engis~

All is Vain~

in PvP

DaShi.1368

The d/d ele simply isn’t as OP as you think it is. 90% of it’s damage can be mitigated just by moving around. The rest you have blocks, dodges, blinds, and cleanse for. Killing a d/d ele can be tough, but getting killed by one…I can’t remember the last time.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

The d/d ele simply isn’t as OP as you think it is. 90% of it’s damage can be mitigated just by moving around. The rest you have blocks, dodges, blinds, and cleanse for. Killing a d/d ele can be tough, but getting killed by one…I can’t remember the last time.

um those tactics may have worked before patch when it was actually possible to interrupt ele in fire w/o being perma blinded, when CDs on fire weren’t so low and burning didn#t stack and didn’t have such absurd base numbers…..

blind is close to worthless vs ele besides very few cases as most of theit dmg is aoe or channeled

oh i am sry i can count very few builds that actually have blocks and none of them are effective vs current dd ele

no cleanse in game can keep up with ele condi uptime (besides other ele ofc)

yeah it just takes at least 2 players or another ele to kill 1 ele…. balance archived guize!

All is Vain~

in PvP

Vapour.7348

You need to learn how to read and not disregarded the situation I shared when RoF was placed strategically to bait people to cross it.

But then again, with a ridiculous 10s cd, I can just spam it around large team fights. I play ele too but unlike you, I admit it’s unfairly OP and don’t mind it getting a slight nerf.

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Placing it strategically should be rewarding. It’s not really a strong skill because it can so easily be avoided. Eles who work hard to get you to go through it should be rewarded for that. Otherwise, it’s just a fire field or combo off of.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Placing it strategically should be rewarding. It’s not really a strong skill because it can so easily be avoided. Eles who work hard to get you to go through it should be rewarded for that. Otherwise, it’s just a fire field or combo off of.

what part about current dd ele is hard?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Vapour.7348

um those tactics may have worked before patch when it was actually possible to interrupt ele in fire w/o being perma blinded, when CDs on fire weren’t so low and burning didn#t stack and didn’t have such absurd base numbers…..

blind is close to worthless vs ele besides very few cases as most of theit dmg is aoe or channeled

oh i am sry i can count very few builds that actually have blocks and none of them are effective vs current dd ele

yeah it just takes at least 2 players or another ele to kill 1 ele…. balance archived guize!

My last match our ele beat 2 thieves at home and was boasting how good he was coz his HP was full. I wanted to say it was Anet’s ele programmer that was good. But seriously, I think we have a problem when one class can effortlessly beat 2 thieves and still have full HP.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

My last match our ele beat 2 thieves at home and was boasting how good he was coz his HP was full. I wanted to say it was Anet’s ele programmer that was good. But seriously, I think we have a problem when one class can effortlessly beat 2 thieves and still have full HP.

i was talking about similar skill level but yeah you got the idea

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I honestly wager that there will be another big balance patch soon (2-6 months) after the release of HoT….

No whether or not there will be nerfs to said classes, is another story…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in PvP

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Mesmer nerfs came and went but sadly not many people have realized yet that it isn’t the class being too strong that is causing their issues. They just fundamentally don’t know how to fight mesmers aside from facetanking bursts, because that’s what you could get away with before.

I’ve said it before, but I’m fairly certain that people will still complain about mesmer until it is equal to or worse than it was pre-patch, while their class still maintains all the buffs it got of course.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

You guys, mesmers were already nerfed like 2-3 weeks ago. Happened the same time they nerfed air/fire sigils.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

i was talking about similar skill level but yeah you got the idea

I think she’s a pro girl thief

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Archaon.9524

#esportsbalance

i’m not talking about that celestial noone used…i’m talking about THE celestial after they buffed it to nonsense…

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Honestly mesmers aren’t bad.

D/D ele is the only thing that is just completely out of hand right now. The sustain, damage, CC, and mobility all wrapped up into one neat package is BS. D/D ele can literally fill every single role atm without having to sacrifice anything.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in PvP

Posted by: ds dante.3209

ds dante.3209

Nerf the daggers instead of the entire class.