Soft nerf to tempest

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Tempests are one of the most taken classes in the game, due to their healing.

I’d like to see the result of reversing the order of healing in “Wash away the pain”, so that instead of having a massive heal off the bat, and getting decreasing returns, you instead build up to a bigger heal. This would give people an opportunity to interrupt them.

Thoughts?

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: ixon.2496

ixon.2496

I was under the impression it was the huge protection uptime on top of the burst healing, meaning they cant be hit hard enough, it should be one or the other.

i dont mind ele having high protection up time, it has the potential to give them build diversity, letting them run condi or dps.

But i think they should have to choose between the healing and the protection, stop them being forced into bunker builds, if they do get reworked to be a choice between the two they might need a healing buff for non protection builds.

Basically the whole ele profession needs a rework, they are so shoehorned in pvp its a shame

Desolation [KISS]

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I get interrupted every time. Some people even interrupt rebound.

You may forget their radius gets bigger also. The first heal is 180 in radius. So if your suggestion is to make the biggest heal in 600 radius then it would make it stronger.

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Honestly, I dont mind the protection, because it compensates for the low health pool. However, the fact that it has an uninterruptible burst heal is what gives it its survivability. There is no way to see the animation and interrupt the initial heal without inhuman reaction time, because not only do you need to react to the animation and press the button to interrupt, the cast time or projectile speed will not allow you to interrupt the opponent before they get off the initial burst heal

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

InsidiousWaffle.7086

You may forget their radius gets bigger also. The first heal is 180 in radius. So if your suggestion is to make the biggest heal in 600 radius then it would make it stronger.

The size isnt the problem, it is the fact that you get a massive heal initially that is impossible to catch with an interrupt

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Honestly, I dont mind the protection, because it compensates for the low health pool.

No it doesn’t compensate anything

A profession with 11k base HP being hit by 8k+ dmg skills with a 5-10s CD average, knocking off a couple of thousand pts from that dmg does nothing

Without that healing, the profession is even worst than a joke…

The reason why I’ve bothered with this thread is not because I play ele as one of my mains like dh, herald, berseker but because everybody out there knows that protection doesn’t stop you from receiving 6k+ dmg attacks with an AA frequency

The condescending approach of anet devs has brought us to this situation, we’ve reached a point where not even losing the ability to kill anything, chase anything, outrun (almost ) anything excuse you from being the target of the daily nerf pleas

Really amazing…

(edited by Supreme.3164)

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

As soon as you build ele as glass cannon, you get killed with two hits. I prefer more offensive hybrids.
Protection is the base for ele to survive, but with the low health this won´t rescue him unless he heals. I personaly can hold myself using weakness and not regen but without a good heal on 6 i would stand no chance with and offensive/hybrid build. I tried a lot and only wash did work well. I prefered arcane briliance before but the damage did increase and the healing from it is not sufficient. Glyph and signet are also to low and aether renewal is to slow, i need the time to do preasure not to run in circles …
So power creep killed all heals except wash …

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Supreme,

If ele heals were single target, themselves, it wouldn’t be a problem, but when it comes to teamfights is where the problem begins to show itself. If I cant kill an ele, its fine, I can CC them around and get a decap, and if needed I can wait until a teammate +1’s. However, in a 2v2 the ele will always win, because you either have to deal with an unkillable teammate DPSing you, or you target the elementalist and get ravaged by their teammate. That is the problem.

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Supreme,

If ele heals were single target, themselves, it wouldn’t be a problem, but when it comes to teamfights is where the problem begins to show itself. If I cant kill an ele, its fine, I can CC them around and get a decap, and if needed I can wait until a teammate +1’s. However, in a 2v2 the ele will always win, because you either have to deal with an unkillable teammate DPSing you, or you target the elementalist and get ravaged by their teammate. That is the problem.

If the tempest heals were not aoe…ele would not be taken anywhere in the game outside wvw as staff backline ever thought about that?

Which team would take an ele in pvp over a scrapper or druid as they have more personal sustain and better dmg options and overall better 1vs1 duellists?

Ele is taken exclusively for its support with aoe component, a support bot position where the profession has been restricted to..after they nerfed to the ground everything around it.

Do you know that ele is the only profession with utilities left without any update since BW2 during June 2012? No? Go check ele glyphs then for example or arcane skills

Like seriously the profession is taken only for its support capabilities that obviously will be aoe, take that away and nobody in his right mind would ever use an ele…like really nobody at least in pvp

(edited by Supreme.3164)

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Actually, ele condi cleanse is a motivator as well. Either way, I dont see what the problem is with reversing the order of the heals. Maybe if you cant even get a heal skill fully channeled, you are the problem?

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

In general, I think ele just needs some numbers toned down, unlike many classes that need some more design changes. Perhaps a decrease in the healing coefficient of elemental bastion.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

The size isnt the problem, it is the fact that you get a massive heal initially that is impossible to catch with an interrupt

Impossible to catch with an interrupt? What? It’s a long casting ability. It’s fairly easy to interrupt and I am often interrupted playing my ele on that.

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

In general, I think ele just needs some numbers toned down, unlike many classes that need some more design changes. Perhaps a decrease in the healing coefficient of elemental bastion.

the healing coefficient is pretty bad as it is. We could have half our healing power and still be decent.

I would opt for removing cleric amulet for an amulet that did like Precision 1050, toughness 1050, vitality 560, healing power 560.

Bad Elementalist

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Supreme,

If the tempest heals were not aoe…ele would not be taken anywhere in the game outside wvw as staff backline ever thought about that?

Which team would take an ele in pvp over a scrapper or druid as they have more personal sustain and better dmg options and overall better 1vs1 duellists?

Ele is taken exclusively for its support with aoe component, a support bot position where the profession has been restricted to..after they nerfed to the ground everything around it.

Do you know that ele is the only profession with utilities left without any update since BW2 during June 2012? No? Go check ele glyphs then for example or arcane skills

Like seriously the profession is taken only for its support capabilities that obviously will be aoe, take that away and nobody in his right mind would ever use an ele…like really nobody at least in pvp

You guys both speak the truth.
Ele and pretty much every support should heal themselves along with their teammates. But if someone farts out heals like after eating taco bell then something is kinda not okay.
Ele is supreme in terms of healing, druid right behind it or perhaps on the same level.
Perhaps secondary target should get about X% less healing?
What I mean by that is: Ele focuses heals on his/her teammates, they are healed through AoE but Ele himself gets less recovery from that. You can take it as healing points distribution throughout the whole team. Perhaps the more allies, the less health they will get healed for because dropping stab and a few buttons to burst heal everyone in mere seconds is nothing else but ridiculous. Ele is a walking Signet of Courage active effect but on much lower cooldown.
On the other hand if Ele could focus heals on him/herself, the AoE for others is halved. This might work on all AoE healing skills.

EDIT:
About that part of not updated utilites. I’d love to remind you that Ele had his golden age during Cele meta where there were everything on demand.
Don’t bring up something like that knowing that Guardians are the most left out profession in the whole game.
Check out consecrations, spirit weapons, signets, shouts… want more to compare? Check out Guard’s traits and compare them in the terms of efficiency and synergy with other classes’ traits.
BUT WAIT! There’s more… weapons: hammer, scepter, sword, mace
Yeh… I guess that Guardian has it rough a little bit more than Elementalist.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Supreme,

You guys both speak the truth.
Ele and pretty much every support should heal themselves along with their teammates. But if someone farts out heals like after eating taco bell then something is kinda not okay.
Ele is supreme in terms of healing, druid right behind it or perhaps on the same level.
Perhaps secondary target should get about X% less healing?
What I mean by that is: Ele focuses heals on his/her teammates, they are healed through AoE but Ele himself gets less recovery from that. You can take it as healing points distribution throughout the whole team. Perhaps the more allies, the less health they will get healed for because dropping stab and a few buttons to burst heal everyone in mere seconds is nothing else but ridiculous. Ele is a walking Signet of Courage active effect but on much lower cooldown.
On the other hand if Ele could focus heals on him/herself, the AoE for others is halved. This might work on all AoE healing skills.

EDIT:
About that part of not updated utilites. I’d love to remind you that Ele had his golden age during Cele meta where there were everything on demand.
Don’t bring up something like that knowing that Guardians are the most left out profession in the whole game.
Check out consecrations, spirit weapons, signets, shouts… want more to compare? Check out Guard’s traits and compare them in the terms of efficiency and synergy with other classes’ traits.
BUT WAIT! There’s more… weapons: hammer, scepter, sword, mace
Yeh… I guess that Guardian has it rough a little bit more than Elementalist.

Hammer is used in wvw frontline. Scepter and sword used to be meta for medi builds before HoT. Elementalists suffer from outdated traits/utilities not quite to the level of guardians but I definitely feel we are in 2nd place.

Guardian just feels like a product of 2012. Ele just feels like a product of a “jack of all trades” failed concept. Guardian just feels very basic, like it was left in the dust with an evolving game. Ele just feels like its pigeoned into builds in pvp because of its lower stats and lack of defense aside from boons/healing, like anet forgot what the class was supposed to be about.

Bad Elementalist

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Rodzynald.5897

^ Pretty much.
Even if hammer is used in WvW frontline, it means that it still needs a rework + not many players go to WvW now from what I hear every now and then.
You might be right about traits as well, yet there is something that Elem has that even with his broken stuff they still perform over the threshold even with their “jack of all trades” concept which shouldn’t allow them to exceed that much, to be better at let’s say… dropping protection better than a Guardian. Why is that? I can’t quite tell :I

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Basically

1) Ele hasn’t got the dmg to kill anyone =The profession is balanced

2) Ele can’t chase or outrun anyone= The profession is balanced

3) Ele can’t play anything but support healbot =The profession is balanced

4) Ele that equip a cleric amulet heals for too much and last too long ..even he dies eventually when heavily focused = The profession is unbalanced and should be nerfed

Now dear anet can you please reduce the healing on the ele so that I take less time to kill this annoying healing bot whose only purpose in game is to heal others and nothing else?

Ideally, I suggest Anet to remove all weapon skill from ele, remove their ability to equip any amulet and runes and give them a target icon, ohh also reduce their HP to 500 max, that would certainly balance ele…finally after 4 years

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

InsidiousWaffle.7086

At this point supreme, you are just making a fool of yourself. For the umpteenth time, in not asking for a nerf to healing, I’m asking that instead of initially healing 4k, and build down, it start at 1k, and build up. The total healing would be the same

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Rodzynald.5897

1) Ele hasn’t got the dmg to kill anyone =The profession is balanced

It is tough, but it can outlast an enemy who lacks in healing capabilities.

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Nerf runes with healing or get rid of them

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

At this point supreme, you are just making a fool of yourself. For the umpteenth time, in not asking for a nerf to healing, I’m asking that instead of initially healing 4k, and build down, it start at 1k, and build up. The total healing would be the same

If the healing would be the same, why bother changing it? Because ultimately the healing would not be the same on average. You would be able to interrupt the main portion of the healing much more frequently regardless of whether you time your interrupts or spam them and hope you interrupt something. Keep in mind interrupting a channeled heal is already extra punishing compared to a normal heal since it goes on full cd. So yes, this would be a large nerf to ele personal healing considering how much cc spam is going on and the class’s relative lack of stability.

Ele self survivability is already absolutely horrible compared to any other class considering how much they have to invest into it just to reach the same level as a marauder scrapper. The only thing ele has going for it is it heals its allies more than any other profession can, that is it. If wash away the pain is too strong, you make it heal allies less, not the ele less. If you want more counter play for heal skills let us complain about the ones that actually are not realistically interrupt-able such as healing signet and withdraw before we move on to one that is fair in that regard.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Soft nerf to tempest

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Ele has crappy teammates and heals them, ele is balanced. Ele has good players and heals them, nerf ele so op! It all depends if his teammates are somewhat decent or not. Keeping newbie teammates alive who don’t play their class well is still going to lose the fight. If anything that means less pressure on the opposing team so they can focus ele better or pick up the newbie dps that overextend