Soldier's Amulet Users Migrate To Valkyries?

in PvP

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

What would be the next best Choice? I was thinking maybe
Valk + Toughness Runes

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Valk + Toughness Runes

Paladin’s...

Soldier’s is a selfish team fighter amulet. Self survival stats and some power. Anything less selfish, aiming to extend its defensive and supportive skills to its group, takes some healing power, usually from celestial or cleric’s.

Paladin’s is the Solider’s replacement, providing less toughness and vitality, in exchange for precision and more power. Some defensive stats to keep it standing, and offensive because aside from needing those defensive stats to survive, its focus is offensive pressure. That, and it outshines valkyrie for survival and in most cases damage as well.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Valk + Toughness Runes

Paladin’s…
Paladin’s is the Solider’s replacement, providing less toughness and vitality, in exchange for precision and more power.

Actually less power, however the precision means more damage overall (excluding factors like intelligence sigil) which is all that really matters. Paladins will probably be the go to replacement for most soldier builds however builds that can artificially boost their precision from other means such as soldier necro with death perception may go for crusader, valk, or even mercenary if they have decent condi application as well.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Valk + Toughness Runes

Paladin’s…
Paladin’s is the Solider’s replacement, providing less toughness and vitality, in exchange for precision and more power.

Actually less power, however the precision means more damage overall (excluding factors like intelligence sigil) which is all that really matters. Paladins will probably be the go to replacement for most soldier builds however builds that can artificially boost their precision from other means such as soldier necro with death perception may go for crusader, valk, or even mercenary if they have decent condi application as well.

they could still take paladin and have 100% critical chance while in shroud.
that means a constant +50% to base damage while in shroud.

in PvP

Impact.2780

Actually less power

Dangit you’re right, and I knew it was 1050 as well. Why did I say say more power lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Valk + Toughness Runes

Paladin’s…

Necros have better synergy with Valk, but the fact is that Paladin’s amulet has more stats, and so a better choice most of the cases, same reason why Mercenary>Carrion 90% of the times

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Impact.2780

It just occurred to me that now these tanky "Soldier" builds will be able to run air, blood and fire sigils. Fun times?

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You are probably better off with Paladin’s on power necro, even with Death Perception, since with the precision you can proc your Strength Sigil (1s ICD) more consistently, therefore gaining more from Blighter’s Boon.

Also, Ferocity as a stat is simply inferior to precision damage-wise (which makes no sense but I’ve made my peace with it), and 4-stat amulets are better in general.