Solo Arena leave

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Ok,
we all know solo arena are a joke (4mesmer vs guard/nec/ranger/thief/engi is a joke)
we all know solo arena leaderboards are a joke

So now,
can we have the option the leave the arena?

Really why should we wait 10 mins when we are 3 vs 5 with low ranks vs ranks40+?

solo arena are the worst example of bad game design i ever seen in 12 years mmo

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Ok,
we all know solo arena are a joke (4mesmer vs guard/nec/ranger/thief/engi is a joke)

So now,

Really why should we wait 10 mins when we are 3 vs 5 with low ranks vs ranks40+?

4 mesmers?

Didn’t play much spvp before soloq, and I don’t think I will keep playing.

Attachments:

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Ok,

So now,

4 mesmers?

Who won?

Dragonbrand

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Master of Timespace.2548

Ok,

So now,

4 mesmers?

Who won?

lol

Attachments:

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

EnRohbi.2187

Ok,

So now,

4 mesmers?

Who won?

lol

I was really hoping the Mesmer team won,
But somehow,
For some reason,
I knew it couldn’t be.

Dragonbrand

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Master of Timespace.2548

Ok,

So now,

4 mesmers?

Who won?

lol

I was really hoping the Mesmer team won,
But somehow,
For some reason,
I knew it couldn’t be.

Yea

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

hmm my team actually won xD

Attachments:

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Do you know why? Because the other team have 2 eles xD

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Lordryux.9785

ehh ele is still a strong class period you cant take out a good ele. easily. at all.. tbh xD they wernt that good. and they kept leaving there points uncontested

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

EnRohbi.2187

Excellent!

Dragonbrand

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

Are you aware that you can log on to a different character before the match starts to make a more balanced team?

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Are you aware that you can log on to a different character before the match starts to make a more balanced team?

Doing this is bad and you should feel bad. You know how many teams swap characters to hard counter the opposing side? Why this option exists still is beyond me.

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

it’s not exactly any better in Team-Q either, If I want to play with just a friend or two, we have to rely on the rest of the team being filled by pugs and more often than not leaves the match 4v5 because a 5th simply didn’t show up. Why on earth is the game even allowed to start when the teams aren’t even balanced to the correct starting numbers?

it’s one thing to lose a match by being outplayed, it’s another to know you’ve lost even before the match has begun.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

aelfwe.4239

it’s like static said, since solo arena has been realeased team arena are unplayable if you are not a full 5 men premade.

So now, like pug, you can’t play tourney with just a couple of friend.

You can just join solo arena hoping to be in 5, hoping to not have 5 mesmer in party and hope to have same average lvl of you opponents.

But:
1/3 times one of the two party will be in 4 against 5
1/3 times one of the two party will have uncopetitive setup (something like 4 mesmer/1 thief or 3 mesmer/2ele and so on)
1/3 times one of the two party will have 2 member with rank <10 while other party will have all rank 30/40+

other option is hotjoin
1)if you lose hope that autobalance will move you in winning team
2)if you win pray that autobalance will not move you in losing team

bad game design ever.

FREE PYRO

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I’m pretty sure, in 50 some games, 4v5 has happened twice. Once was because lolskyhammer and the other was someone crashing out of the game for the majority of it.

But anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

1/3 times one of the two party will have uncopetitive setup (something like 4 mesmer/1 thief or 3 mesmer/2ele and so on)

Swap characters before the match starts? You can’t honestly complain about randomness in a random arena.

1/3 times one of the two party will have 2 member with rank <10 while other party will have all rank 30/40+

Rank 13 reporting in, sir!

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Static.9841

other option is hotjoin
2)if you win pray that autobalance will not move you in losing team

The only saving grace with this is that if you were in the winning team and get pushed to the losing team, you still get the win.

What I’ve been noticing a lot lately, is that some people will force an autobalance if they are on the losing team by popping into spectator mode and as soon as a player is thrown into the losing team, they then join the winning one. It’s very annoying.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

aelfwe.4239

I’m pretty sure, in 50 some games, 4v5 has happened twice. Once was because lolskyhammer and the other was someone crashing out of the game for the majority of it.

But anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

Swap characters before the match starts? You can’t honestly complain about randomness in a random arena.

Rank 13 reporting in, sir!

1- on 150+ solo tourney i had 1 of the 2 team started in 4 like 40 times, try to join on late night when people start queue then log out to bed. Also i’m a good guy, i don’t count for 4vs5 the games where people log out at middle. otherwise 4vs5 would be manymore xD

2- swap character under a game design point is the worst idea a dev can have. In pratice you are telling us that cause developers are unable to do a proper lfg tool then people should reroll a class in way to try to balance a bad designed lfg by theirselves. It’s a nice point of view.. so for example take my case, i have 1k+ hour played on thief and 2k+ on mesmer. i put solo arena queue. game put me in a party with 2 mesmer 2 ele 1 thief. so you are telling me i have to reroll guard (a class that i’ve never played) cause the party need a bunker? O.O

3- a rank 13 who has done 50 solo arena means you haven’t done any other form of pvp outside that. moreover it means your opinion is based upon 4 hours pvp played. try to do some team arena with 4 other guys on ts and then see the difference between a meta balanced team and a random 4 mesmer team. look at how important is party setup in this game. look also at how many party you will meet with no bunker and then you’ll understand how bad designed are solo arena :-)

4- a random arena don’t means a stupid arena. if you have played any other mmo outside this you will surely know that when you lfg something game will put in party a fixed number of class roles, for example 1 tank 1 healer 3 dps. the random part of a common mmo pve lfg is “how good is a tank” not “will we have a tank?” cause it’s impossible to do an istance without a tank. now if you’d have some experience in team arena you should know that in this game pvp mode it’s impossible to deal an arena with no bunker at all xD

5- match up of solo arena is not “random”. it is based on leaderboard. Sadly leaderboard are broken (if you check the 1st ten people are the same since single arena has been released and they are not playing since that day xD). Now is it too much asking to have a match up based on roles (ei bunker/roamer) or at least based on ranks (ei rank 1-19/20-39/40-49 etc) in place have a match up based on a broken leaderboards? XD
Is it also too much asking to see the party we’re going to play so that we can leave before the match if the party is too much umbalanced?
Again, is it too much asking to have a game where if someone logout before the game start then the game replace him?

As i told, random arena don’t means stupid arena xD

@static
thx i never noticed that, good to know :-)

FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Static.9841

2- swap character under a game design point is the worst idea a dev can have. In pratice you are telling us that cause developers are unable to do a proper lfg tool then people should reroll a class in way to try to balance a bad designed lfg by theirselves. It’s a nice point of view.. so for example take my case, i have 1k+ hour played on thief and 2k+ on mesmer. i put solo arena queue. game put me in a party with 2 mesmer 2 ele 1 thief. so you are telling me i have to reroll guard (a class that i’ve never played) cause the party need a bunker? O.O

I don’t think anyone is saying you have to, though you might have to hope that one of your members will. Unfortunately a lot of people are either precious about what they want to play or they simply want to play the class they have the most experience with or have for fun with, which sadly won’t necessarily secure a win in badly stacked match ups.

Changing classes is currently used as a tactic by a lot of premade teams in order to counter opposing teams classes. I’m not saying it’s a good thing, personally I think once you are in the match (prior to starting and beyond), you shouldn’t be able to leave in order to change classes. Though people would get around that by having members join, check what the other classes currently are and informing their own team in order to change a class to counter. I don’t think there is any perfect solution.

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Yeah they should add a leave option, should come with the penalty of going afk or quitting the game in tournament as well.

Some people just play to have fun and not for the leaderboard, they don’t want to waste time in unfun environments.

Sure they can play hotjoin, but they like structure in there game and in tournaments people play better than they do in hotjoin, theres more structure.

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

how about the good old /resign option

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Lordryux.9785

Yeah they should add a leave option, should come with the penalty of going afk or quitting the game in tournament as well.

Some people just play to have fun and not for the leaderboard, they don’t want to waste time in unfun environments.

Sure they can play hotjoin, but they like structure in there game and in tournaments people play better than they do in hotjoin, theres more structure.

Some people may play for fun.. but u gotta understand people take tpvp seriously. dude like really seriously. if u go up in there and just doing ur own thing.. and not listening to people who actually know what to do.. you could make ur team loose.. period point blank. thats just fact..

I know rank has nothing to do with it. but majority of the low ranking players have absolutely no idea how to play in tpvp. OR. they just dont wanna listen. and thats fine with me its w.e but why go into a team match if u just wanna kill kill kill ? go do hotjoin if you wanna do that crap.. like ive said before your just going to ruin everyone elses.. chances of winning if u pull crap like that. Thats why so many complaints are happening as is.

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

I do play tpvp seriously, I am one of those people.

Just saying theres people who just play for fun, they going to find someway of giving up anyways. Some people like I said just have short anger issues and quit just because they didn’t get rezzed or people left him to fight 3 other people by himself or everyone on his team got wooped in team fight, those people quit easily. They just raised to quit when the going gets tough.

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

@ Lordryux +1

I can keep it quiet no more, cant really shut up any longer, after 200+ tournaments in this solo bulkitten arena i’m on verge.
I wish to know why Anet pay some people to release such foolish stuff. Brilliant ideas indeed…
That guy Helseth or however was called, big ‘’clap my hands’’ for him. Anet should employ him and fire up those they have atm because “balancing” is something they obviously can’t do.
Solo Q is full of ppl which play lame.
Necro/Ranger/Thief spamming 1 only skill all the time and pown.
On the other hand, unranked people who dont bother to even do any spvp to understand meccanics of maps and coming in Solo Q ruining my fun (and talking with ppl i meet anyday its not only me in this frustration), wasting my time and my efforts in every single thing i do during matchs.
Keep in mind i play bunker (guardian) ok, and puntually I have to:
1) Run to take buffs/orbs/svanirs, whatever thing, because ppl decide to engage in the middle of nowhere and don’t even watch minmap nor care about follow any tattic based on the team composition.
2) Roam to get bases because my team decided to inc middle one even if other team have 2 spirit rangers, necro/engy and mine instead loses all the team-fights on equal numbers.
3) Go destroy trebs because its easier than ask in team chat for, since nobody cares.
4) Go helping 2 necros getting skyhammer because they getting shotted by a thief – this last one today was really noticiable… -

Now we have stated this, I have to hear others in my team saying : OMG WHERE ARE YOU, HOLD POINTS NUB.
………. I have to censure myself but any of you reading this post can imagine the amount of blasfemy and bad words I would have said if i could to any of these nice players on my way…
Put a rank limit please, put an amount of things to do to enter a tournament, solo or not, doesnt matter. Atm is a total bulkitten, and all this is not even remotely fun..

Still today, I did complain about lack of help in the base i was trying to hold and was asking where my teammates were…. Answer ‘’ Stop giving us ur kitten, if u want anything more organized go Team Arena, this is Solo Q"
Oh dear lord… even if solo Q, u pop in a 5 PLAYERS TEAM, YOU MUST HAVE SOME CLUE, IT’S NOT A SINGLE PLAYER MATCH.
Omg, i just cant take this no more.. Driving me to insanity…

Stated this, give a 100% way to leave such mess if possible.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: sgarnev.8213

sgarnev.8213

@ Lordryux +1

Yeah, totally agree with you. I don’t want to offend any of the newcomers that want to learn sPvP, but i can’t understand, why they are learning it in tPvP. And the most frustrating thing is … not that this ppl can’t play their chars, they just don’t read map chat, don’t care about game mechanics in tPvP, sPvP respectively, they are just for the kill… You can have a real good guess what team you are in after you say hello in team chat … 75% of the time no answer : ) and we are talking about team and role playing

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

@ Lordryux +1

Yeah, totally agree with you. I don’t want to offend any of the newcomers that want to learn sPvP, but i can’t understand, why they are learning it in tPvP. And the most frustrating thing is … not that this ppl can’t play their chars, they just don’t read map chat, don’t care about game mechanics in tPvP, sPvP respectively, they are just for the kill… You can have a real good guess what team you are in after you say hello in team chat … 75% of the time no answer : ) and we are talking about team and role playing

Ya I don’t understand why newbies are learning pvp in tpvp as well. They should be in hotjoins and zerg around a bit and get use to zerging in hotjoins before they come to tpvp.

I love it when people follow me around and cap the same caps with me.

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

aelfwe.4239

@ Lordryux +1

I can keep it quiet no more, cant really shut up any longer, after 200+ tournaments in this solo bulkitten arena i’m on verge.
I wish to know why Anet pay some people to release such foolish stuff.

….

Stated this, give a 100% way to leave such mess if possible.

+1
it’s impossible to express thing better than this xD

i suppose that if anet did want create the moist frustrating umbalanced pvp mode ever then keep these pvp developers is the right way.

FREE PYRO

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Lordryux.9785

I mean honestly im kinda fed up.. atm mostly. because how faceroll easy necro/Spirit rangers and thiefs are now.. like.. wtf anet was thinking.. when they buffed… necro and ranger.. in these current builds.. we have now.. is like beyond me.. to literally facetank.. 4 people.. while still alive.. is just rediculous.. a light armored class should not be able to do that.. but.. i can deal with it.. because i can actually play my mesmer..

But what gets me is this new D/P build. they got going on here( not really new but ok) havnt seen it used for a long long time.. but to the point.. what makes this build ridiculously. strong. i have no idea.. these guys can even hit.. an over 5k.. damage heartseeker.. on my 3.1k armored.. bunker engi.. HOW> is beyond me.. i had a thief literally heartseeker me to death with haste OUT OF no where.. i mean.. she appeared.. out of no where. literally.. and i died.. before i could even say oh kitten. yea.. big time.. if i could record that little mishap.. lol sad sad day that was.. and now it seems like every thief.. has this build now. getting annoying -_- that perma blind is rediculous.

i know a thief is not supposed to be seen.. stealthy stealthy.. but people say its easy.. to counter.. not.. really.. cuz its not like i have 360 vision.. ingame unless i freakin like.. turn the camera facing down on my character >.> i mean dang i dont even see it comming. you barely have time to react.. :S

As for spirit rangers right now i cant even.. like.. remotely. beat them without having to go a phantasm build just as or if not more Op than the spirit build cuz tbh.. thats what i have to do.. period point blank. ive tried. burst… ive tried.. bunker ive tried condi bunker.. ive tried.. confusion.. bunker build like OMGAH. lol i wanna play something other than phantasm but at this point.. ima just have to wipe the floor with all the necros.. and spirit rangers.. with my faceroll build how about them apples -_-

(edited by Lordryux.9785)

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Judging by the pics it looks like we should do something about mesmer being the perfect class for the solo q glory farming nublet little girls

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Ok,

So now,

4 mesmers?

If you chose to play without conditionremove in the current meta, you deserve that team :-P.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

aelfwe.4239

PvP in general in this game sucks. Conquest is boring. Unfortunately the only team more clueless than the PvP team is the WvW team.

The worst thing is that under a general point of view pvp in this game got a lot of potentiality.

Sadly people who are actualy working on pvp don’t have the competences required to improve it.

On many years pvping in mmo i’ve never seen something like here, instead improve pvp we have people to make it worste since patch to patch on a ridicolous way.

I can port some example:
-what “being skilled” means? it means “use the right skill on the right time”. Now i have a thief with 1500 hours played, let’s a take common s/d build (10/30/0/30/0) and play it. On s/d weapons i have 1 skill (3rd one) that grant me evade (best defence), strip 2 boons (best utility) and got a nice dps (best dps on that setup). It is possible to spam that skill 6 in a row. On a team fight spamming that skill 6 times it’s usually enought to kill a target in the while you are evading 50% of hit. So in this game “being skilled” on a thief could means “spam 3-3-3-3-3-3”.
This happens cause dev gave to a single spammable skill best dps+best utility+best defence.
It’s not required any experience on pvp development to understand that a skill like this should not exist on every class of every game.

-necro and spirit ranger are even worst. A couple of month ago necro had their dmg doubled. Before that patch has been released was possible to read some leaked patch notes. Every of friend of mine who has read them just said “necro will become godmode” before testing it. Then patch has been released and necro has become a god.
Why my friends and everyone else required just to read patch notes to understand how much necro would become ridicolous op while dev didn’t notice that before put out the path they were doing?
Are mine friends or people genius?
Nope, simply every player know that if you take every random class of every random mmo and you double their dmg that class become OP. Everyone know that EXCEPTS anet pvp devs.
How’s that’s possible?
Why exist a class that makes so much AOE dps to avoid to check what other people are doing cause you make enought dmg to kill them anyway xD

-Solo arena.. read above

FREE PYRO

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

If you chose to play without conditionremove in the current meta, you deserve that team :-P.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahha.

I just restrain myself to make any other comment about this sentence.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

how about the good old /resign option

There are times when you are 100-270 and you still pull a 500-475 win. /Resign are for bad players.

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Master of Timespace.2548

Ok,

So now,

4 mesmers?

You know, if I’d just want to be “effective”, I’d play on my spirit ranger or terror necro.

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Ok,

So now,

4 mesmers?

You know, if I’d just want to be “effective”, I’d play on my spirit ranger or terror necro.

One could argue that if you wanted to win you would also want to be effective …

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Master of Timespace.2548

Ok,

So now,

4 mesmers?

One could argue that if you wanted to win you would also want to be effective …

If I’d only want to win yes, then I’d ofc play Spirit Ranger. But I mostly wanna have fun. Dropped my rating pretty nicely though, but who really cares for it?

Solo Arena leave

in PvP

Posted by: phoenixdown.8539

phoenixdown.8539

While doing solo joins yesterday, I did 11, and won 9. 2 of those wins were against a team that only had 4. Usually I volunteer to sit out if that is the case.

Today, I’ve done 8 solo joins, all but one of them were 4v5 — my team being the one short. I’ve lost every single match today with the exception of the one 5v5 match. It was getting pretty ridiculous. I’ve never seen so many 4v5 matches in a row and was beginning to think things were bugged. I wish there was something in place to prevent one team from getting screwed over so easily.

I think some people may not realize that if they log out while queued, it will cause a team to be 1 short, rather than put someone else in their slot. Perhaps a prompt before they log out if they are queued explaining to them the consequences if they do?

(edited by phoenixdown.8539)