Solo Players With Losing Streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

My theory is that there are no longer all that many experienced solo PvPers who “just know” what to do in a Conquest match without being told.

Examples:
—- Basic map rotations
—- Predicting where the next key skirmish will take place and how to get there
—- Recognizing what the opposing team is doing, and countering it —- as a team
—- How to play their class in a skirmish, adapting to the opposing classes in the skirmish
—- Knowing their BEST role in any current situation that develops
—- Knowing when to go far, and when not to go far, and exactly why

etc….

To win as a solo player, your other solo team members have to know these things. It’s like knowing the dance steps to a complex dance that varies, but has to be done as a group.

I suspect that a lot of the knowledgeable solo players have joined teams, or stopped playing because without other knowledgeable solo players on their team, solo players cannot win.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Players are to arrogant to admit that they are the problem.
It’s funny how every knowledgeable pvper I know had a 95%win streak in solo/duoqs

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: lead.7543

lead.7543

My theory is that

To win as a solo player, you have to know these things. It’s like knowing the dance steps to a complex dance that varies, but has to be done as a group.

Disagree! No matter how great you are, if your mmr is low (and there are many reasons why mmr can be low including absence from ranked) and you are with 4 “Kittens” who are there to fill the numbers by the MMR system and are clueless about PvP, and you are against players as great as yourself (ie map rotation, awareness, skilled at 1v1, survival tactics), you are “kittened”!

I suspect that a lot of these knowledgeable solo players have joined teams, or stopped playing because without other talented solo players on their team, they cannot win.

Very true indeed!

/edit spell check for kittens

(edited by lead.7543)

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Hopped on my alt account (without HOT), on which i had a total of 15 ranked games played, all more than half a year ago. So i assume, the acc has not a high MMR. Played 5 games. Won 5 games. There are not many great players left in amber, so carrying a bad team against other weak players should be possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

In all honesty given the fact that Anet keeps screwing up the meta, now we are back at blow you up meta pre season 1, i just dont care, i hop in, kill a few get killed a few and screw around the map. Thats it.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

In all honesty given the fact that Anet keeps screwing up the meta, now we are back at blow you up meta pre season 1, i just dont care, i hop in, kill a few get killed a few and screw around the map. Thats it.

There you have it.

That sort of thing SHOULD be in hotjoin. But people do it in matches, ruining it for other solo players who are trying.

Today you really need a team.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

There you have it.

That sort of thing SHOULD be in hotjoin. But people do it in matches, ruining it for other solo players who are trying.

Today you really need a team.

Until Anet does ANYTHING beyond wild stabbing in the dark attempting balance, it is very hard to take pvp seriously, and it shows in it population or lack there of.

-Balance is all over the place.
-Fights that end in a split second.
-Balance patches that shuffle what are viable builds instead of addressing issues.
-Solo queues vs Team Queues.

These are all things that kill and inclination to take pvp seriously, and with ANET they are apparently never ending issues.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

(edited by Apolo.5942)

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

If you’re going to get tossed into a losing streak regardless of fault you’re going to be placed on a team expected to lose probably by a significant margin. In that situation you’re really not going to be able to pull your mmr back up as one of a five man team.

This season isn’t going to have any remote thing to do with skill. If you feel elite because you got tossed on the expected to win team probably because you raced in the season as mmr deflates based on breaks supposedly all I can say is your mom was right you really are the most handsome, intelligent person in the whole world. Believe what you want to believe.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I have solo q’d about 16 matches into PvP season 2 and I have won every single one by a blowout. The amount of people on these forums who are complaining at the start of the season are absolutely terrible because I am getting paired with nothing but terrible teammates and opponents. Carrying the team is easy when your opponents are double capping points and ignoring far completely (while staggered from deaths). It’s really funny to actually see how many bad players are on these forums. It’s really hard to tell when I will actually start losing.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I have solo q’d about 16 matches into PvP season 2 and I have won every single one by a blowout. The amount of people on these forums who are complaining at the start of the season are absolutely terrible because I am getting paired with nothing but terrible teammates and opponents. Carrying the team is easy when your opponents are double capping points and ignoring far completely (while staggered from deaths). It’s really funny to actually see how many bad players are on these forums. It’s really hard to tell when I will actually start losing.

If you’re getting paired with terrible teammates it simply means your MMR is similar to theirs.

On another note, what are you gonna do once you start being placed on the team with lower average MMR? I imagine there can’t be anything worse than double capping.

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

If you mean to tell me that you genuinely believe you carried 16 games and that were all blowouts and that was all you then you might want to consider running for president. I’ve had mostly wins this season basically I’ve gone on a streak until i take a break or run in to a 4 or 5 man premade and my streak stops. It’s mildly fun winning by 400 points, but honestly just barely. Even in the games I 2v1ed and finished the other players I wouldn’t say a complete blow out was my carry. That’d be ridiculous.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Yet another attempt from Anet to kill sPvP pretty soon all Anet will have to focus on is the PvEers playing their HoT content after experiencing this new system of there’s first hand. Yup once your MMR is to a point you might as not play because you’ll get worst and worst team mates problem also is, that Anet allow soo many trolls and newbies who have no ideal how to pvp to queue up in ranked with other solo players who are trying to get ahead. Anyways I’m not going to keep complaining I’m just going to play GW2 for the WvW experience and play BnS till some other better pvp MMO comes. As officially today I hang my GW2 spvp gloves up took my bow and exited stage right because I refused to be banging my head against the wall for no reason. Maybe pretty soon a better WvW and sPvP game will come out soon and this all will be a thing of the past.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys