Solo Q only for legendary players

in PvP

Posted by: Fara.9835

Fara.9835

Hello everyone ,

i assume you will never bring back solo q , i’m still trying to understand why tbh ….
BUT
Could you please , at least , force solo q for legendary players OR just remove the ladder , cause this ladder have absolutly NON SENSE .
Every top 10 players or maybe top 20 are duoqing , and when you ask them , they anwser "but i can’t solo when all others top players duo " ( Stronlo B. 01/09/2017 ) .

It’s frustrating that you know you will have to face duo Q at high elo . Or you can just add them in your friend list and wait them tag ( works well ) , so now for climb you have to wait duo are in game ( speaking for climb to 40 to rank 1 ) .

(edited by Fara.9835)

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

When the Top of the Leaderboard, at a majority that Duo, has over a 80% Win Rate in a system designed to have “balanced matchmaking”, it seems kind of backward. They are deserving of those top spots, don’t get me wrong…but it’s really just Stat padding at that point.

Take Heroes of the Storm, for example (plus also very objective based), they have a pure Solo Queue, and a Team queue for 2,3, and 5 players. It works. Team Queue is very easy to progress on the leaderboard (for obvious reasons). Solo is not and most top solo players are around 55-60%.

Some people say the population can’t support Solo Queue…The problem isn’t population, there is a healthy PvP population for pure Solo Queue way more than there is for Duo or Team. With Automated Tournaments, there should be a separation to bridge the gap.

Honestly, I wish it would happen…but it probably won’t because the top players probably won’t praise that idea. The rest of us suck and are too unorganized to ask for it.

It would be way better to see how skilled people are individually. Duos sort of defeat that purpose.

(edited by LUST.7241)

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Being saying that since season 4.

[HUE]

in PvP

Fara.9835

When the Top of the Leaderboard, at a majority that Duo, has over a 80% Win Rate in a system designed to have “balanced matchmaking”, it seems kind of backward. They are deserving of those top spots, don’t get me wrong…but it’s really just Stat padding at that point.

Take Heroes of the Storm, for example (plus also very objective based), they have a pure Solo Queue, and a Team queue for 2,3, and 5 players. It works. Team Queue is very easy to progress on the leaderboard (for obvious reasons). Solo is not and most top solo players are around 55-60%.

Some people say the population can’t support Solo Queue…The problem isn’t population, there is a healthy PvP population for pure Solo Queue way more than there is for Duo or Team. With Automated Tournaments, there should be a separation to bridge the gap.

Honestly, I wish it would happen…but it probably won’t because the top players probably won’t praise that idea. The rest of us suck and are too unorganized to ask for it.

It would be way better to see how skilled people are individually. Duos sort of defeat that purpose.

You said top players probably won’t praise that idea , but who the f*** care about the opinion of 20 peoples ?
Anet is destroying his own game with this mentality , there is absolutly no need of ladderboard is this case , what is the point of making an ladderboard if there always the same top players hardtrying in Duo Q ?
Maybe Anet definitly think that an unhealthy ladderboard is better for our community and will encourage people to play pvp … absurd
I assume they can keep Duo Q but at least they must remove this ridiculous laddeboard

in PvP

Posted by: BeLZedaR.4790

BeLZedaR.4790

Not even true that top players wouldn’t embrace the idea, I remember both sindrener and helseth even suggesting that on their stream that top 250 are soloq only.

Make condi rev great again.
Top 25 solo condi rev S7

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

they should still bring soloQ back IMO. ranked game should only be soloQ for fair play. now that we have AT, teams can now have a venue to play together and earn good if not better rewards. but ANET wont listen because according to to their data, more players play spvp, even though the reality those players are only at bronze or silver playing for the rewards (which is all good) while ANET keep catering to players who would break rules and still earn rewards they neglected the reg. everyday players who put up for so long and enjoy spvp. just look at WVW, took them long enough to make it good but not until the community and players already have left.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Not even true that top players wouldn’t embrace the idea, I remember both sindrener and helseth even suggesting that on their stream that top 250 are soloq only.

if they really support the idea i hope they help us voicing it out because Anet seems to listen to those guys for opinion/idea.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

In the past I was against having sPvP be solo queue only, simply because this is a mmo and I’d like the option of enjoying competitive PvP with my friends. This has all changed now with the introduction of the automated tournaments though. Now that we have ATs, players that want to compete with their friends have a place to do so. This leaves ranked queue in a weird spot.

Ranked queue is a 5v5 game mode with either a solo or duo queue option. It makes no sense anymore really. Either restrict ranked queue to only 5-man queue or solo queue. Since the leader boards emphasize solo ranks, and we now have ATs, it only makes sense for ranked queue to be solely restricted to solo queue.

Once this happens, we’ll have:

• Hotjoin for custom/private matches.
  • Unranked for practice or casual fun.
  • Ranked for solo players to earn rewards and compete.
  • Automated Tournaments for teams to compete in the highest level of competition.

The only downside I see to this, is there is really no place for smaller or more casual teams. However, having duo queue in ranked doesn’t solve this either and just creates its own issues. The best thing for those small/casual teams would be a new PvP mode with smaller teams and its own queue and leaderboard, which could be a bit too taxing on our population at the moment.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

This is true, apologies.

Helseth and Sindrener have suggested it and are possibly the most vocal. Most of the rest are not. Most players are just “going with the flow” which enables NA (for example) to find a way to abuse it (for better or worse).

More should be (hopefully) voicing their opinion on a true Solo-Queue instead of just saying, “Well, the top players are duo-ing so I have to also in order to stay competitive”. Some do know that a Solo-Queue would be more valuable.

Side Note: When we had to vote for having a Solo-Queue, the Duo part of it being allowed was kinda just thrown in without any thought on what it does…then it was never really readdressed.

With AT and the other modes, there are plenty of other modes for Duo+ to compete…Duo+ is probably a really small percentage of the PvP population, Anet likely has the numbers to prove that. It’s the same thing for most games no matter how big the game is: if the population is big enough, anything more than Duo+ has it’s own separate queue (like mentioned earlier).

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

they should still bring soloQ back IMO. ranked game should only be soloQ for fair play. now that we have AT, teams can now have a venue to play together and earn good if not better rewards. but ANET wont listen because according to to their data, more players play spvp, even though the reality those players are only at bronze or silver playing for the rewards (which is all good) while ANET keep catering to players who would break rules and still earn rewards they neglected the reg. everyday players who put up for so long and enjoy spvp. just look at WVW, took them long enough to make it good but not until the community and players already have left.

But there are games in the market that fully supports these types of players. Hence why most of you all’s matches are 25 to 500 or 500 to 150 and such. Because ANet made it fairly clear. They are not going to try to support these competitive PvP players. The regular, everyday competitive PvP players that once frequent GW2’s sPvP mode. Have moved to games that support them.

Yall mostly are left with two groups of players.

A.) The players who don’t really care for anything other then farming Ranked rewards.

B.) The players who are fed and exploit group A.) in order to feel good. About placing on a pseudo-competitive leaderboard. Most of them know they couldn’t make it in a real competitive PvP environment. So here they are hur hur dur!

Players who are outside of those two groups. Are for the most part nothing but collateral damage bound to leave GW2’s sPvP mode for other games that support them.

Good day, carry on!

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Fara.9835

But there are games in the market that fully supports these types of players. Hence why most of you all’s matches are 25 to 500 or 500 to 150 and such. Because ANet made it fairly clear. They are not going to try to support these competitive PvP players. The regular, everyday competitive PvP players that once frequent GW2’s sPvP mode. Have moved to games that support them.

Yall mostly are left with two groups of players.

A.) The players who don’t really care for anything other then farming Ranked rewards.

B.) The players who are fed and exploit group A.) in order to feel good. About placing on a pseudo-competitive leaderboard. Most of them know they couldn’t make it in a real competitive PvP environment. So here they are hur hur dur!

Players who are outside of those two groups. Are for the most part nothing but collateral damage bound to leave GW2’s sPvP mode for other games that support them.

Good day, carry on!

Your analysis is pretty kitten right , this is the painful truth …

in PvP

Fara.9835

LMAO , i trully hope anet will remove ladder or badge
This morning i try on early AT , and i saw 5 top 30 in same team , farming every morning the same AT
How pathetic they are , they stay as 5 without pick up for AT , and then cry for duo Q for trying to keep their rank by doing the minimum of games needed ….
this ladder is a pure joke , everyone understand it when all the legen duo for keeping their badge .
great ladder

(edited by Fara.9835)

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

this is why on gw 1 they have random arenas team arena etc

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I know it from myself. I would need a solo, duo and tripple Q …
From system side and if you want good matches and Leaderboards you need per class MMR and pure Solo (or team) Q.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

In the past I was against having sPvP be solo queue only, simply because this is a mmo and I’d like the option of enjoying competitive PvP with my friends. This has all changed now with the introduction of the automated tournaments though. Now that we have ATs, players that want to compete with their friends have a place to do so. This leaves ranked queue in a weird spot.

Ranked queue is a 5v5 game mode with either a solo or duo queue option. It makes no sense anymore really. Either restrict ranked queue to only 5-man queue or solo queue. Since the leader boards emphasize solo ranks, and we now have ATs, it only makes sense for ranked queue to be solely restricted to solo queue.

Once this happens, we’ll have:

• Hotjoin for custom/private matches.
  • Unranked for practice or casual fun.
  • Ranked for solo players to earn rewards and compete.
  • Automated Tournaments for teams to compete in the highest level of competition.

The only downside I see to this, is there is really no place for smaller or more casual teams. However, having duo queue in ranked doesn’t solve this either and just creates its own issues. The best thing for those small/casual teams would be a new PvP mode with smaller teams and its own queue and leaderboard, which could be a bit too taxing on our population at the moment.

This, I like.