Solo Q to be removed from Ranked PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rincewind.1207

Rincewind.1207

Hello GW2 Admins and GW2 players ,

I solo q a lot and have some teams also I play with !I wont say anything about me as it is offtopic only that I play GW from 2005 .

The thing is I believe that solo q should be removed from ranked games and I ll state my point of view in some sentences below.

The first reason is that solo Q is not making people better , only salty and worse and I don’t blame them ! So solo q is making the pvp community worse .

The second reason is the majority of people is soloqing so the more people you have in your team the more time its the time q for you ! I have witnessed when in team of 5 time qs extending from 10 to 50 minutes ! This is a waste of time honestly !

The third reason is that I always believed Guild Wars was about war between guilds … that’s why I got in back then ! Well so why we don’t do what we do in dungeons and raids, to get in rank play you should have a 5 members party … One would tell me then what about people who want to get the backpack or tracks or any pve based loot …. Well I propose to remove this loot ….. The ascension is the worst thing ever happened to pvp ! PvP loot should be based in team rewards ! And you could earn points by teamplaying !!!!

The fourth reason is that all this “copied” from other games rank system is a total failure ! Rank between guild teams is what we seek …. rank between guilds !!! And for not to be farmed …. 1 account per team only !!!! Not per guild …. PER TEAM ! For not only the Pro League but also for the seasons ! You can play with any parties without a team name in team q but you ll only be able to be in 1 team or guild in the league season !

This is my point of view for the 3 seasons till now …. people are being bad , community is corrupted … farming is possible in pvp in many ways … PvP is not for that !

Thank you in advance and I hope anet will read me topic seriously !

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

>The first reason is that solo Q is not making people better , only salty and worse

Ive seen duo and trios get kittened at other solo quenuers who aren’t playing well on their team, or even their own teammates sometimes. Being solo doesn’t equal being salty – thats a player issue. People just get frustrated at getting outplayed/those who play poorly in general, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t solo queue players who cant take things in stride.

>The second reason is the majority of people is soloqing so the more people you have in your team the more time its the time q for you ! I have witnessed when in team of 5 time qs extending from 10 to 50 minutes ! This is a waste of time honestly !

Can you rephrase this? If you’re talking about queue times, I think it has more to do with the matchmaking system’s current format and the active individuals accessing it within your parameters more than them being solo or whatever.

>The third reason is that I always believed Guild Wars was about war between guilds

Nothing’s stopping you from running with guildmates, either in a queue or in a custom arena/room. That doesn’t justify taking the option of PvPing alone from those who prefer playing solo. If anything, it could give you an advantage if you’re all communicating well. I would rather see a separation between premades (3+ team queue) vs “Solo” (1~2 queue) in sPvP so that guilds/teams can fight others set up that way, and soloists can fight other PUGs

>Removing Ascension
That item’s one of the few reasons I and possibly a significant number of others even bothered with this mode (and trying to get better at it) from the get-go. I don’t think removing some item that requires significant effort (which can be attained alone or with a group’s efforts over the seasons) is a smart move. If anything, there ought to be more collectibles and rewards to gain and “show off” from PvPing and division climbing to encourage more people to try that game mode (and to keep playing for those who’ve already reached Legendary.)

A lot of this game is focused on PvE (Story, Map completion/World Events, Raids, Dungeons, Fractals) over PvP (WvW/sPvP) and its likely that most don’t want to even bother with the latter for various reasons as is. Its why things get so quiet after a season ends. Removing something that can entice some PvErs to give PvP a try wouldn’t help things at all.

>PVP “Farming”
There are probably some ways to control/deter this, but I imagine that its a nightmare for them at the moment to implement proper fixes. I’ll have to wait and see what they do after Season 4 to address it before commenting further.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

If the goal is truly to test player skill, ALL ranked matches should be solo queue. This is becoming more about social networking than actual player skills.

The Ascension is a major reason a large portion of the people in pvp are playing ranked at all. Why else would I put up with a system expressly designed to make unfair matches and to reinforce losing streaks?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: Horrible idea. The exact opposite will happen over what you expect. Let’s say there is no solo queue. Do you really think everyone will automatically go look for 4 other players and create a team? No. They will stop playing. What about those who duo, triple or 4 queue? They also will either need to find others or will just not play.

At the end, you’ll just end up with a much smaller PvP community.

A better solution is to have a season that is solo queue only. That will be much more reflective of skill levels for a leaderboard.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I can’t believe people actually sit there and come up with these crazy ideas and think they’re good. And want to be taken seriously…

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It is a team game. A 5-man team game. Solo queue does nothing more than Team queue to show “true” player skill. So far all I’ve seen is that it shows who is lucky enough to get the better team members.

These forums are littered with complaint threads on how bad all their teammates are and how Anet is working against them.

Forming a team, even a temporary team, allows for a better evaluation of player skill than solo queue. It takes the random factor of your teammates out of the equation. It introduces a greater capacity for communication and teamwork.

But of course, everyone that just wants to farm PvE rewards and is too lazy or anti-social to form a team will always be against this.

I doubt Anet will ever open their eyes and limit ranked to 5-man teams only. I can, however, guarantee you that Anet will never limit ranked to solo queue only.

I mean seriously, what a ridiculous request. Limiting a team game to only solo queue…..crazy PvE players.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

in PvP

Rincewind.1207

I can’t believe people actually sit there and come up with these crazy ideas and think they’re good. And want to be taken seriously…

Crazy ideas? Well Shaogin wrote “I doubt Anet will ever open their eyes and limit ranked to 5-man teams only. I can, however, guarantee you that Anet will never limit ranked to solo queue only.”

This is the best phrase saying everything … Guys you have played GW1 not ? DO you remember guild ladder to have solo q ? Do you remember any solo q ? Cause I don’t !!!
And saying the community will be smaller? YES it WILL be smaller but better !

Ithilwen.1529

“The Ascension is a major reason a large portion of the people in pvp are playing ranked at all. Why else would I put up with a system expressly designed to make unfair matches and to reinforce losing streaks?”

I am sorry but the Ascension its effortless …. you need to climb only a few ranks if you compete in all 3 seasons ! Even if you didn’t get to legendary ! And yes its the main reason we get so low skill players hunting this !

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

Rincewind.1207

>The first reason is that solo Q is not making people better , only salty and worse

>PVP “Farming”
There are probably some ways to control/deter this, but I imagine that its a nightmare for them at the moment to implement proper fixes. I’ll have to wait and see what they do after Season 4 to address it before commenting further.

I am sorry I disagree with you in everything … but I ll mention sth important !

I don’t need to rephrase , having a 5-team premade get you a match in ages more than 20mins q !!! Its not the system that is broken its that there are NO teams to match up with !!!!

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

This is the best phrase saying everything … Guys you have played GW1 not ? DO you remember guild ladder to have solo q ? Do you remember any solo q ? Cause I don’t !!!

Random Arena (also Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry).

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

Teamfight AND Over Heal to be removed from Ranked PvP
This is talking about balance from 1v1 , not from 5v5.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It is a team game. A 5-man team game. Solo queue does nothing more than Team queue to show “true” player skill. So far all I’ve seen is that it shows who is lucky enough to get the better team members.

These forums are littered with complaint threads on how bad all their teammates are and how Anet is working against them.

Forming a team, even a temporary team, allows for a better evaluation of player skill than solo queue. It takes the random factor of your teammates out of the equation. It introduces a greater capacity for communication and teamwork.

But of course, everyone that just wants to farm PvE rewards and is too lazy or anti-social to form a team will always be against this.

I doubt Anet will ever open their eyes and limit ranked to 5-man teams only. I can, however, guarantee you that Anet will never limit ranked to solo queue only.

I mean seriously, what a ridiculous request. Limiting a team game to only solo queue…..crazy PvE players.

I almost wish Anet would limit ranked to 5-man teams just so that people like you could see incredibly wrong you are.

However, I don’t actually wish that sort of killing blow to be dealt to the PvP in this game, it’s dead enough already.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

I almost wish Anet would limit ranked to 5-man teams just so that people like you could see incredibly wrong you are.

However, I don’t actually wish that sort of killing blow to be dealt to the PvP in this game, it’s dead enough already.

Great contribution to the thread buddy. Be glad to see how wrong I am any day. Let me know when you have something to back up what you say.

P.S. – to those talking about how long queue times have been for team queues, not sure how simple I can put this since it seems to be hard to comprehend but um…..of course the queue times have been/will be long, so long as there is a solo queue in place alongside team queue (or merged as we currently have it) that provides the same rewards that team queue offers. Despite coming to the forums day after day to complain about the bad teammates Anet matched them up with, people will solo queue horrible matches before they put in the effort to group up with other players. It’s a mentality of grind as many matches as possible in as short amount of time as possible to get shinies, no matter how horrible the matches are as a result.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

OP you have not thought this through have you. Removing the wings would drop the number of people playing PvP. Forcing teams will also drop the numbers of players, not everyone has the time to commit to a team. This then would have a knock on effect on the queue times.

Your ideas would make the PvP experience worse. For everyone.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

OP you have not thought this through have you. Removing the wings would drop the number of people playing PvP. Forcing teams will also drop the numbers of players, not everyone has the time to commit to a team. This then would have a knock on effect on the queue times.

The time to commit to a team? Takes about as long as getting a fractal group together. Not one is saying you have to play with that team and only that team (unless we’re talking about guild teams going for pro league). I find people to team with all the time very easily.

• People I meet in PvP matches that did well. I just whisper them and say hey, wanna queue together?
  • People from my guild. There are literally guilds out there dedicated to giving players other people to queue with, some of which were posted on these forums (End the Streak).
  • People in Heart of the Mists. Get groups all the time just typing in map chat, “Hey we need X whatever for our group.”
Gate of Madness

in PvP

Fay.2357

Yeah, making the changes in the OP would basically cause 50%-75% of the currently active PvP population to just quit and go play overwatch or something.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, making the changes in the OP would basically cause 50%-75% of the currently active PvP population to just quit and go play overwatch or something.

Another well-thought out contribution to the thread. You’re on a roll there buddy.

I would like to agree with you two on one point though, removing the reward everyone is punishing their selves to try to get is definitely a bad idea. The prize itself isn’t bad, the implementation was.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

The time to commit to a team? Takes about as long as getting a fractal group together. Not one is saying you have to play with that team and only that team (unless we’re talking about guild teams going for pro league). I find people to team with all the time very easily.

• People I meet in PvP matches that did well. I just whisper them and say hey, wanna queue together?
  • People from my guild. There are literally guilds out there dedicated to giving players other people to queue with, some of which were posted on these forums (End the Streak).
  • People in Heart of the Mists. Get groups all the time just typing in map chat, “Hey we need X whatever for our group.”

Yes, grouping with random people. You’ll be just as lucky as you would in solo queue to vet a good team. But making it so everyone has to have a team is not needed. All that is needed it a team queue and a solo queue.

Team queue can only be entered by teams of 2, 3 and 5 players. 4 is a no go because youd need a random solo player to fill out, so the math would not allow that. That way people who want team play can get it, and teams can have team match ups. As I said not everyone has the time or wants to play in a team.

But you just think of your own situation and not give a thought to another, not everyone is you.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Yes, grouping with random people. You’ll be just as lucky as you would in solo queue to vet a good team. But making it so everyone has to have a team is not needed. All that is needed it a team queue and a solo queue.

Team queue can only be entered by teams of 2, 3 and 5 players. 4 is a no go because youd need a random solo player to fill out, so the math would not allow that. That way people who want team play can get it, and teams can have team match ups. As I said not everyone has the time or wants to play in a team.

But you just think of your own situation and not give a thought to another, not everyone is you.

The people I group up with in the PvP lobby are much more likely to work better with me than randoms in a solo queue. Reason is, we can talk and set up real quick before queueing. This allows me to make sure this guy I’m teaming up with isn’t some random troll, allows the team to choose their own team comp, and gives us the time to hop in voice chat together if someone has a channel available and people are up for that.

And just to be clear I’m not suggesting you make a team and are stuck with that team for a whole season, that mess is for guild teams and pro leagues, those guys that are super serious and all.

And no, I’m not just thinking of myself. I never even bothered to consider the notion until I noticed 3 seasons of people complaining in mass hysteria about always getting bad teammates in solo queue. And again, it takes no time at all to find people to queue with, especially if it were to be required to play ranked. And if you don’t like playing with other people, then 5v5 pvp doesn’t sound like a good game mode for you. Whether those other 4 people are random players or people you queue with, they are your team therefore if you are pvp’ing then you are already playing with other people in a team.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Rincewind.1207

First of all who said the pvp community in GW2 should be big ? Shaogin.2679 has fully understood the problems and thoughts I ve posted here . The only one actually !!!

Removing shinnies that people get through out spamming matches in solo q for a Legendary backpack or a title that we all know is a AP hunt ! Why PvP has achievements which make people to come and frm them ? Hunt them to increase their
PvE rank ……. The only loot that counts is the team loot in the season league , but even there making a team 5-6 days before the season ends will get you a decent loot without taking any pvp effort just erase and make teams get you a decent rank even having 1 win game !

Someone above said that people would go away if the solo q is removed to play overwatch …. I though it was a serious discussion here ! Forcing people to team up will make them adapt AND will make them to understand why GW2 doesn’t need solo q ! I don’t understand why Dungeons/Fractals/Raids are more important or more difficult than PvP and they force you to team up … ok then lets put solo in Dungeons/Fractals/Raids !!!!! It would be awesome for me instead of lfg to solo q in a dungeon !

Guild Wars is a game that CANNOT be soloed ! It was the first thing I learned in GW1 and in GW2 I see how they are ruining this point of view …. how anet is ruining the great PvP world GW1 had ! How they ruin teamplay by forcing solo q …. I have hundrends of players in my blocklist who lack basic map mechanics but even the less they have somehow reached diamond/legendary division ! I also have a lot of players cursing/insulting/afking cause first midfight went bad/players without HoT feeding the opponents ….. Solo q in PvP when you are supposed to fight an organized 5vs5 strategic battle is a waste of time … maybe you ll win a lot / maybe will lose a lot but the thing is that is based on LUCK !!!! I don’t want to write examples of what I say cause I ll need 10 threads to post them but I am sure all of you had same experience in this soloq !

Solo q should be removed ….. I ll stand by that always …. solo q is kitten in PvP … it makes the game worse from every corner you see it !

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

(edited by Rincewind.1207)

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Personally, what I think must happen is this: remove team queue in ranked but heavily incentivize it in unranked. We should learn to play our class as a team in a less stressful and rage quiting environment and also make sure that players who stick with solo queue are accustomed to face teams. Maybe Anet should add/move some requirements of the PVP backpack in unranked that players could achieve off-season by teaming up in unranked. I also think players should not be able to gain pvp ranks in hotjoin. Players (I include myself in the lot) that have barely set a foot in unranked nor in ranked have no experience whatsoever oh how to play as a team: I casually farmed 77 ranks by playing exclusively hot joins for the most part and my experience of it is people randomly leaving teams making these uneven with no sense of how to rotate. Hotjoins should only be played for the sole purpose of farming reward tracks but if players really want to get a the backpack they should be more incentivized to team up, learn what their can class achieve in a team and then apply in ranked. As a a whole the PVP severely lacks visibility of how to properly balance it simply because it is impossible to reach a compromise between the experience of players going solo without having to train playing as a team in unranked and the players teaming up who really are serious about PVP. Creating a team only queue is necessary but for that the PVP population needs to grow. Hence why I propose only solo queue in ranked for now

in PvP

Fay.2357

First of all who said the pvp community in GW2 should be big ? Shaogin.2679 has fully understood the problems and thoughts I ve posted here . The only one actually !!!

Are you actually saying you’d rather have a tiny PvP community? Enjoy your 10+ minute queues I guess…?

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I agree 10000% in removing solo queue from ranked PvP. If will make it easier to find a group since you will NEED one to be able to do the content, just like needing a group for fractals/raids means more people are looking for one.

It’s not mathematically possible to create a system that creates proper matches with good matchmaking queueing 10 random people together, so the only real solution is to make it ranked only. A proper matchmaking system can EASILY match a 5 man premade team against another equally skilled premade team based on MMR alone.

This is the only solution to making matchmaking good.

This will overall create a better PvP experience for almost everyone.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

First of all who said the pvp community in GW2 should be big ?

All the people that would want it to thrive, instead of dying away.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Removing shinnies that people get through out spamming matches in solo q for a Legendary backpack or a title that we all know is a AP hunt ! Why PvP has achievements which make people to come and frm them ? Hunt them to increase their
PvE rank ……. The only loot that counts is the team loot in the season league , but even there making a team 5-6 days before the season ends will get you a decent loot without taking any pvp effort just erase and make teams get you a decent rank even having 1 win game !

Someone above said that people would go away if the solo q is removed to play overwatch …. I though it was a serious discussion here ! Forcing people to team up will make them adapt AND will make them to understand why GW2 doesn’t need solo q ! I don’t understand why Dungeons/Fractals/Raids are more important or more difficult than PvP and they force you to team up … ok then lets put solo in Dungeons/Fractals/Raids !!!!! It would be awesome for me instead of lfg to solo q in a dungeon !

Guild Wars is a game that CANNOT be soloed ! It was the first thing I learned in GW1 and in GW2 I see how they are ruining this point of view …. how anet is ruining the great PvP world GW1 had ! How they ruin teamplay by forcing solo q …. I have hundrends of players in my blocklist who lack basic map mechanics but even the less they have somehow reached diamond/legendary division ! I also have a lot of players cursing/insulting/afking cause first midfight went bad/players without HoT feeding the opponents ….. Solo q in PvP when you are supposed to fight an organized 5vs5 strategic battle is a waste of time … maybe you ll win a lot / maybe will lose a lot but the thing is that is based on LUCK !!!! I don’t want to write examples of what I say cause I ll need 10 threads to post them but I am sure all of you had same experience in this soloq !

Solo q should be removed ….. I ll stand by that always …. solo q is kitten in PvP … it makes the game worse from every corner you see it !

If they made it possible to do dungeons, fractals and raids solo then I might actually try to do them, like in gw1 with my hero’s. But as it is, I’ll never go anywhere near any of that content.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

If they remove soloq there’ll be noone playing pvp in this game. (not that a lot of people are playing it now)

in PvP

phokus.8934

I agree 10000% in removing solo queue from ranked PvP. If will make it easier to find a group since you will NEED one to be able to do the content, just like needing a group for fractals/raids means more people are looking for one.

It’s not mathematically possible to create a system that creates proper matches with good matchmaking queueing 10 random people together, so the only real solution is to make it ranked only. A proper matchmaking system can EASILY match a 5 man premade team against another equally skilled premade team based on MMR alone.

This is the only solution to making matchmaking good.

This will overall create a better PvP experience for almost everyone.

When you create these hard barriers of entry you significantly reduce the amount of people playing your game.

Your narrow-minded view on thinking this is the only good solution restricts you from seeing how detrimental this really is. This is a play at your own pace game in all aspects – pvp, pve, except raids. Options are good, very good – forcing players down a path leads to nothing but lost interest and that’s not good for business.

If ANet actually showed player MMR and the average MMR of your group during PvP you would see if you have a good matchup or a bad matchup. Yes there will be +- variances but that’s a good thing. If they offered better rewards for winning against a higher MMR team and you lost less for losing against them, this would be a much better solution.

If you can’t see that PvP is essentially a life force for ANet then stop coming up with this ridiculous ideas and claims. Think beyond your narrow scope of what PvP should be and see how it impacts everyone.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

This is a clickbait topic name. Nobody official has any plans of removing solo q. You should be ashamed.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Rincewind.1207

Phokus and Ark Bladesteel what is ridiculous and who is ashamed is not your business … forums are to be used to state your opinion over a problematic issue in the game …. and at this point after 2 seasons and a half solo q is problematic. You have no right to criticize like this the opinions of others .. .This is democracy we respect what others say without making personal criticism !

As for the barriers you say … well a lot of people are quiting pvp now , you know why ? Because of soloq and matchmaking !!!
I have 2 options in the game right now :

1) Have 1-5 mins q and hit my luck with solo q getting me 4 pugs to play with without the matchmaking system consider their classes ! Without knowing their skill/their attitude/their patience / their persistence / their knowledge in map mechanics / their mood !!!!! Well , I am sorry but this is NOT TEAM PLAY !

2) Have 15-50 mins q having my own team of 5 , so I lose a few hours for 2-3 matches !

There is another option qing with 2-4 parties but it has the same issues with the first option regarding the quality of pugs (they can ruin your team play) + some more time in q !!!!

Please all of you that say that I should be ashamed explain me how this makes a healthy pvp community in a game ! If Anet seeks quantity over quality then the PvP will be among 80 players in Pro league and the rest of pugs (us) will be inside the pug pool ! If you want a team played game with strong pvp competition you should make people understand that they must make a team ! Solo q doesn’t make people to work together , it makes people try to win a match with random builds/random skill players with no communication …… PvP is not CASUAL gaming !!!! You need a casual PvP match the ngo unranked !!!! Keep solo q for unranked matches if people like to punish themselves with this ! But for people who want to make teams and get better don’t punish them with super q times giving them 1 match every one hour !!!!!

Concluding I d like to say that a lot of KNOWN afkers where reported multiple times from at least 100 players I know , or other KNOWN salty players reported also for abuse are still there playing with us and ruining our games !

Gathering all the information making a more healthy pvp community requires to make people work together ! And this means the END of soloq in ranked matches ! Thank you !

I d like a comment from an Anet admi also just to see what they think !

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

phokus.8934

No one is leaving the game due to solo queue. You’re just spitting out purely anecdotal garbage because you want this game to be a certain way.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@Rincewind.1207, solo q isnt the issue….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Rincewind.1207

No one is leaving the game due to solo queue. You’re just spitting out purely anecdotal garbage because you want this game to be a certain way.

And you are being rude showing your quality of a person still critising in a bad way showing your lack of respect to others … and yes people have left due to this soloq ! Its a reality !

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

Rincewind.1207

Random Arena (also Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry).

Forgot to reply to you that team/guild fights had separate ladder from soloq pvp play in GW1 and if I am not mistaken it was removed but I don’t remember well so sorry if I am mistake or remember poorly

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

2018 revival of Codex best game mode evar

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Solo queue was never removed from gw1 it’s still there today, and it’s called jade quarry, fort aspenwood and random arenas. Team arenas was removed though. So you got that backwards. And I’d say the main reasons why people leave pvp is because of horrible matchmaking, premades farming solo players, and boring game play with limited amount of viable builds. And there’s really not a very good reward for playing it either especially if you already have the back piece or don’t want the back piece. And you can’t really compare gw2 pvp to gw1 pvp since gw1 has many many pvp areas to play and gw2 only has 1.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

One big issue with forced 5 man team que is the little issue of class discrimination.

At the moment it doesn’t matter what variant of a build you run so long as you do in fact get the desired result. Who cares what amulet side node fighter is running so long as he wins his fights and can force the enemy team to rotate to kill him.

But players kittening LOVE to tell other people how to play and what to play. This is something we see all the time in litteraly every pvp game ever made. We see it to an extent in right now with our ever present Metas. This isn’t good or bad its just a fact of life here.

As it is even if your NOT running the meta you can que solo. And AS LONG AS YOU ARE EFFECTIVE it is very unlikely anyone will say anything against you as they probably wont even notice.

But in forced team que that psuedo anonymity goes away. Your going to see people absolutely rejecting certain builds and infact entire classes just like we do in PvE 5 man and 10 man content. It won’t matter if a player is more comfortable with x and performs batter with x than they do in y. The perception of their party members will be more important than his own enjoyment of the game due to the simple fact that That player needs the party. Not the other way around.

Oh your not running this precise trait,amulet setup? Well see ya because we can just find another of your class.

And in an environment where people get as salty as they do in SPvP I can only see that turning into a kitten ed nightmare.

And before someone says “Well anet will just have to balance the builds” Our build system is too interchangeable for that to work unfortunately.

Which is probably why they are going with elite specializations now so they can balance elite specs against each other without worrying about someone getting x trait + z trait = oh my kittening god.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

And you are being rude showing your quality of a person still critising in a bad way showing your lack of respect to others … and yes people have left due to this soloq ! Its a reality !

So you’re somehow immune to criticism? wow

in PvP

Posted by: Cruzy.3706

Cruzy.3706

I am on the OP’s side for “5 man team’s”
But there has to be one solo game mode (aka Random Arena) for players who realy dont want to make a group/team.

I usualy dont advertise my post from for few days but I think the idea could work for everyone Please take the time and read it and tell me what you guys think.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Fresh-wind-to-PvP-modus/first#post6207550

Thanks a lot

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

if you want to not soloqueue and instead queue up as a 5man team why don’t you just queue up as a 5man team

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

if you want to not soloqueue and instead queue up as a 5man team why don’t you just queue up as a 5man team

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Cruzy.3706

if you have one game mode it doesnt matter if you queue solo or with a team, but with different game modes it is a huge difference

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

if you have one game mode it doesnt matter if you queue solo or with a team, but with different game modes it is a huge difference

click off stronghold

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

One big issue with forced 5 man team que is the little issue of class discrimination.

At the moment it doesn’t matter what variant of a build you run so long as you do in fact get the desired result. Who cares what amulet side node fighter is running so long as he wins his fights and can force the enemy team to rotate to kill him.

But players kittening LOVE to tell other people how to play and what to play. This is something we see all the time in litteraly every pvp game ever made. We see it to an extent in right now with our ever present Metas. This isn’t good or bad its just a fact of life here.

As it is even if your NOT running the meta you can que solo. And AS LONG AS YOU ARE EFFECTIVE it is very unlikely anyone will say anything against you as they probably wont even notice.

But in forced team que that psuedo anonymity goes away. Your going to see people absolutely rejecting certain builds and infact entire classes just like we do in PvE 5 man and 10 man content. It won’t matter if a player is more comfortable with x and performs batter with x than they do in y. The perception of their party members will be more important than his own enjoyment of the game due to the simple fact that That player needs the party. Not the other way around.

Oh your not running this precise trait,amulet setup? Well see ya because we can just find another of your class.

And in an environment where people get as salty as they do in SPvP I can only see that turning into a kitten ed nightmare.

And before someone says “Well anet will just have to balance the builds” Our build system is too interchangeable for that to work unfortunately.

Which is probably why they are going with elite specializations now so they can balance elite specs against each other without worrying about someone getting x trait + z trait = oh my kittening god.

QFT. Well put.

in PvP

Cruzy.3706

I played like 5 stronghold games…this gamemode needs a lot of improvement. The current status is unplayable

in PvP

Rincewind.1207

Time q for 5 team premade team is 20-40 mins that why !

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

Rincewind.1207

QFT. Well put.

I don’t think team q will have any issues , instead it will force people to find new build with better synergy with each other and of course not being meta ! Meta builds are builds that work in specific teams sometimes and usually meta builds work with each other in synergy that’s why people want you to run meta , so as everybody to have the premade meta synergy !

I disagree with that cause in 5 team play you can find modes and builds that work vs meta ! ! ! That’s why 5 team q will be a advantage for team play !

Of course we could have 2 modes a team q mode league / ladder and a solo q ladder ! But I strongly recommend to have a 5-team q ! This game in all dungeon/fractal/raid modes requires team play and WHY NOT DO THAT ALSO IN PVP !!!!!!

Another thing I read was that stronghold is unplayable atm ! Of course its uplayable !!!! Pro league is based in conquest maps and all pvp ranked game is based in conquest maps !!! Arena net should promote Stronghold via guild fights , a bit larger map , less stupid npcs , flags to carry for points a lord that is only killable by 6-7 players … in general sth like GW1 gvg only brought in in GW2 standars and ofcourse make a guild ladder NOT a team ladder to promote this ….

Thank you

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Not many people looking for 5 man premades because they can simply quueue up alone.

If you force people to have to find 4 others, the pool of players seeking and trying to form a party greatly increases. It’s basic human psychology.

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

adjust the MM or add more players to the game. forcing 5man teams doesn’t help that. adding more players is the absolute no.1 thing anet can do to try to revitalize the queues

part of me thinks that a lot of people taking a break from pvp because they’ve pushed through their wings (me included shh don’t tell nobody) is making up a non-trivial portion of these queue issues

Not many people looking for 5 man premades because they can simply quueue up alone.

If you force people to have to find 4 others, the pool of players seeking and trying to form a party greatly increases. It’s basic human psychology.

get friends or a guild

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Dungeons and fractals doesn’t require 5 players, the number of players recommended is 5, however the game doesn’t lock you out of them if you don’t have a full party. Not to mention that at least half of the dungeons and fractals can be soloed.

Anet already removed the solo queue in favor of the team queue a long time ago, merging both together as we have now to reduce the queue times.

I’d think that by now people would realize that forcing things isn’t exactly the best way to go. We don’t need to punish the solo queuers to benefit the pre-mades, what’s need to be done is more incentive for more people to group up and form a team. The current reward isn’t enough as people have been voicing since season 1.

Force ranked as team play only and I believe that most solo queuers will flock to unranked or, perhaps, even quit PvP which would go back to zero with long queue time.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And you really think that it would improve noticeably if full teams were forced? It’s not like most people would start teaming suddenly – rather, they’d simply stop playing (or go unranked). And then Anet would, as always, draw their own hasty conclusions, and would remove teaming from ranked completely.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Cruzy.3706

The current conquest mode is bad for people who like to soloq. Different gamemodes like GW 1 (Random Arena, Hall of Hero’s and GvG) would increase the pvp community a lot.
But I guess that is just my opinion (or noone knows how good PvP in GW 1 was/is)