Solo Que (Anet system)

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

Hey, I know a lot of people have been opposed to the system Arena net mentioned on the latest Sotg, and I personally was one of them; but after sleeping on it and thinking it over, I personally don’t think that it is such a bad idea.
I understand I am going to get a lot of hate over this, but I sort of agree with Arena nets approach in this situation, the population of the game isn’t large enough to split the community into several que’s and we haven’t really had a chance to see this system in action. I am sure Arena net has access to a lot of hidden information and statistics that are not available to the general public, I also believe that they probably used this information to formulate the idea of merging the que’s but largely minimizing the chance of a solo que player to meet a team; because it will cater to the rather small but faithful pvp community, besides I am sure that Arena net want the game to succeed as much as we do.

I honestly believe that this system won’t be as bad as the community thinks its going to be, and that if the system fails then I’m sure that Arena net will make a swift intervention and set things straight.

All in all, I just want to implore the community to cut Arena net some slack, I am sure that the developers are doing everything in their power to get this game rolling and make the pvp experience more enjoyable for everyone.
I am just happy that we have developers who are willing to talk to the community on live events and even at times watch our streams and chat with us on twitch.

I have a lot of faith in Arena net and I will continue to do so, because at the end of the day I have a lot of fun playing this game, albeit I do sometimes get angry a frustrated with it, but I think the good out weighs the bad, therefore Arena net are surely doing something right.

In the end all I want to say is thank you to the developers for sharing all this information with us and I look forward to see how it unfolds.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

I think the current ANet solution is fine as a temporary thing as long as the completely separation of the queues later is planned. Hopefully sooner rather then later, as fighting for what could be considered solo-queue ranking would be a phenomenal boost to the sPvP player-base. It takes time to develop new systems, but I do think they need to prioritize the eventuality of a solo-queue system a bit higher then they seem to have it right now. Then again, we have no real idea where any of these things are prioritized (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing).

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

I agree, I am sure Arena net have plans to advance the system further, once we have a population that would allow to do so, but until then I don’t see an error with this system, because let’s be fair there aren’t that many people playing pvp.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Vpulse.2195

Vpulse.2195

Yah to be honest i had never been in a MMO with devs talking to the community like this guys does

It kind make you feel really part of the community and game future, and thats awesome.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Ayestes.1273

Yeah the sPvP player-base is notoriously small at the moment. There does however seem to be strong precedent though that introducing a solo-queue system grows the player-base significantly. I’m not sure I like the splitting of the player-base argument, and instead prefer the development, testing time, and prioritization argument. There are solid reasons to stay on the current path temporarily, but I’m not convinced that the size of the player-base is a concern.

As to their discussion in general, I really liked it. Insight is better then silence to me, even if we may disagree with (a small portion of) it. Rational discussion on it is awesome. I honestly have a lot of faith in ANet and love what they have accomplished.

The whole solo-queue system to me is more personal then most perhaps, because I get very little competitive action with children and a career in the way. I live vicariously through the streams at the moment. I’d love to play a fair solo-queue every night rather then hotjoin, free tournaments, and the occasional paid I scrape together. It makes sense not to have it “right-now”, but I’d like there to be clear plans for it.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

(edited by Ayestes.1273)

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

Hey, I know a lot of people have been opposed to the system Arena net mentioned on the latest Sotg, and I personally was one of them; but after sleeping on it and thinking it over, I personally don’t think that it is such a bad idea.
I understand I am going to get a lot of hate over this, but I sort of agree with Arena nets approach in this situation, the population of the game isn’t large enough to split the community into several que’s and we haven’t really had a chance to see this system in action. I am sure Arena net has access to a lot of hidden information and statistics that are not available to the general public, I also believe that they probably used this information to formulate the idea of merging the que’s but largely minimizing the chance of a solo que player to meet a team; because it will cater to the rather small but faithful pvp community, besides I am sure that Arena net want the game to succeed as much as we do.

I honestly believe that this system won’t be as bad as the community thinks its going to be, and that if the system fails then I’m sure that Arena net will make a swift intervention and set things straight.

All in all, I just want to implore the community to cut Arena net some slack, I am sure that the developers are doing everything in their power to get this game rolling and make the pvp experience more enjoyable for everyone.
I am just happy that we have developers who are willing to talk to the community on live events and even at times watch our streams and chat with us on twitch.

I have a lot of faith in Arena net and I will continue to do so, because at the end of the day I have a lot of fun playing this game, albeit I do sometimes get angry a frustrated with it, but I think the good out weighs the bad, therefore Arena net are surely doing something right.

In the end all I want to say is thank you to the developers for sharing all this information with us and I look forward to see how it unfolds.

1. We havent had a chance to test it because for some elusive reason we dont have a PTR, whos fault is that a-net or players?
2. If there is possibility that you can get matched into unfair matches then this system is no better than what is in place now.
3. If you still need tickets to be competitive then this new system is no better than what is in place now.
People asked for ladder and matchmaking, they decided to just pile up everyone in the same place no matter what kind of player you are, then say trust us this gonna work out great.I think i heard that before, and i dont trust them at all anymore. How you know this is gonna work if you dont have a PTR to test it?

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Teldo.1473

Teldo.1473

After thinking about all of this I can just agree with Xeph.

The mixed queue is probably the best thing they can implement right now.
Especially, because they are probably already working on it and won’t be able to just scrap it completely.
I just hope that we’ll get something like that sooner than later and if the mixed queue is easier to implement it’s probably the right choice.

The mixed system will still be way better than what we have right now and I’d be happy with it.
Queueing against a full team every now and then might be frustrating, but it’s something that I’m willing to take for having a soloqueue.
Players at a medium rating won’t get matched up against full teams very often, hopefully.
And the high rated players might meet full teams more often, but I personally would be fine with that, as long as the community is happy with it and grows.

Later on we will probably still get our soloqueue, if the interest for it is high enough.

I have faith in Arenanet.
The game is moving into the right direction right now with Paid 1vs1 queue anyway.

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

They already split playerbase into 3 segments and have fourth in plan ( custom arenas) now suddenly they think splitting playerbase is a bad idea? LoL.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

1. We havent had a chance to test it because for some elusive reason we dont have a PTR, whos fault is that a-net or players?
2. If there is possibility that you can get matched into unfair matches then this system is no better than what is in place now.
3. If you still need tickets to be competitive then this new system is no better than what is in place now.
People asked for ladder and matchmaking, they decided to just pile up everyone in the same place no matter what kind of player you are, then say trust us this gonna work out great.I think i heard that before, and i dont trust them at all anymore. How you know this is gonna work if you dont have a PTR to test it?

1. There probably is PTR and I’m pretty sure Arena net has people testing out things before they push them out, just because you’re not in it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

2. The chance of a solo player will be largely minimized, while keeping the population together.

3. That is still be disputed.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

They already split playerbase into 3 segments and have fourth in plan ( custom arenas) now suddenly they think splitting playerbase is a bad idea? LoL.

They are trying to merge them together with this new que system, if you had failed to notice that.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

Especially, because they are probably already working on it and won’t be able to just scrap it completely.
I just hope that we’ll get something like that sooner than later and if the mixed queue is easier to implement it’s probably the right choice.

The mixed system will still be way better than what we have right now and I’d be happy with it.
Queueing against a full team every now and then might be frustrating, but it’s something that I’m willing to take for having a soloqueue.
Players at a medium rating won’t get matched up against full teams very often, hopefully.
And the high rated players might meet full teams more often, but I personally would be fine with that, as long as the community is happy with it and grows.

Later on we will probably still get our soloqueue, if the interest for it is high enough.

The game is moving into the right direction right now with Paid 1vs1 queue anyway.

They never said this is a temporary solution, nor do they have separate queues in plan as afaik. Also, getting matched into unfair matches is unacceptable, i want my rank to be a reflection of my worth as a player, not reflection of a faulty matchmaking system. And another thing, make up your mind already saying one thing 6 hours ago then something completely else 6 hours later makes you look childish and inconsistent, we will achieve nothing with fickle minded players like you.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

They never said this is a temporary solution, nor do they have separate queues in plan as afaik. Also, getting matched into unfair matches is unacceptable, i want my rank to be a reflection of my worth as a player, not reflection of a faulty matchmaking system. And another thing, make up your mind already saying one thing 6 hours ago then something completely else 6 hours later makes you look childish and inconsistent, we will achieve nothing with fickle minded players like you.

Please point me to where they said that it was permanent, because I recall they did say that they will change it if the community doesn’t like it.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

1. There probably is PTR and I’m pretty sure Arena net has people testing out things before they push them out, just because you’re not in it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

2. The chance of a solo player will be largely minimized, while keeping the population together.

3. That is still be disputed.

1.there probably is PTR somwhere on paper? LOL
2. How you know it will be minimized? did you test the system?
3.having tickets in your pocket is makes you a better player isdisputable ? Yeah, sure

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Teldo.1473

I’m sorry, but it has nothing to do with being fickle minded.
I want soloqueue just as badly as you, but the point that I’m trying to make is, that we need something like that sooner than later and thinking about that I came to the conclusion that it probably will be implemented faster with their system than the pure soloqueue one.

And if people will keep complaining about the system after release (even though it will still be better than the current non-existing soloqueue one), they will change it and adjust it, so people will be happier with it.

We all want this game to be successful.

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I’m in a “wait and see” state of mind right now. If this is the system that is going in, and as devs, they truly believe it to be the best of both worlds, then I will trust them. I just hope that if they implement it and it doesn’t work as intended that they will quickly get in the solo/duo queue system.

We love the game, they love the game and we all want the game to thrive.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

Please point me to where they said that it was permanent, because I recall they did say that they will change it if the community doesn’t like it.

Well, apparently you like it, so why change it. if they are anouncing something i presume they will keep it if “top players” dont see it as a problem. OFC its not a problem for you play with a team, what do you care if i get unfair matches?

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

Discussing things as a guild helps people gain a new perspective onto the issue.

However, look at the 1v1 tournament system, they used it as a testing format and it turned out to be successful. They’re now going to go through with such a system. If they keep on with this matchmaking rating and it’s not going well, then they can change it if the community is still having such a huge outcry. Why waste development time and effort on something that’s already prepared that the playerbase hasn’t even properly tested out yet? People seem to be blinded by their own selfish beliefs about what’s good for the game instead of trusting ArenaNet to implement their own systems and modify them if needed.

Symbolic

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

“…This is why this is the right system for the game RIGHT NOW” J. Peters. Looks to be an indicator that it is temporary until they have the systems in place.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

I’m sorry, but it has nothing to do with being fickle minded.
I want soloqueue just as badly as you, but the point that I’m trying to make is, that we need something like that sooner than later and thinking about that I came to the conclusion that it probably will be implemented faster with their system than the pure soloqueue one.

And if people will keep complaining about the system after release (even though it will still be better than the current non-existing soloqueue one), they will change it and adjust it, so people will be happier with it.

We all want this game to be successful.

Releasing somethin players dont want, then wit for negative response to build than change that is taking too much time already. Six months since release we have nothing significant in pvp, how much more do we need to wait? When new MMO titles release GW 2 pvp will be a ghost town, gentlemen.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Teldo.1473

Well, apparently you like it, so why change it. if they are anouncing something i presume they will keep it if “top players” dont see it as a problem. OFC its not a problem for you play with a team, what do you care if i get unfair matches?

Don’t worry we (even though we have a team) will still soloqueue just as much and we will face the same issues like you. And is it too bad to face a team every 10th game?
In League it was possible to get matched against 2 duo-queues for the longest time, which was rather unfair, too. But people still played it and liked it.

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

Don’t worry we (even though we have a team) will still soloqueue just as much and we will face the same issues like you. And is it too bad to face a team every 10th game?
In League it was possible to get matched against 2 duo-queues for the longest time, which was rather unfair, too. But people still played it and liked it.

We had our fair share of unfair matches already with free tourneys, dont want more tyvm, and who says it is every 10th match? You did not test the system you dont know that.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

We had our fair share of unfair matches already with free tourneys, dont want more tyvm, and who says it is every 10th match? You did not test the system you dont know that.

The current suggested system has the structure in place to support it until they can build the other. It’s really a matter of something right now is better than nothing while we wait.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

That is a two way street my friend, you haven’t tested the system so you don’t know either, and none of us will know until Arena Net implements it; and guess what you don’t pay any subs so why not take a break until then and see if the system works for you or not.
I am sure Arena net has the best interest of the game at heart, stop assuming that they are trying to screw you on purpose.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

That is a two way street my friend, you haven’t tested the system so you don’t know either, and none of us will know until Arena Net implements it; and guess what you don’t pay any subs so why not take a break until then and see if the system works for you or not.
I am sure Arena net has the best interest of the game at heart, stop assuming that they are trying to screw you on purpose.

I havent tested a system but i know for certain that possibility of getting unfair matches is there and for me it is unacceptable. I dont pay sub, but i did buy the game i expect quality i should not be forced to settle for mediocre. Ill take a break when Neverwinter and Teso come out, possibly permanent one if things dont improve here. They dont have my best interest in mind, but yours. They use “top teams” to farm new players so that they can increase ticket sale, that is why you are put on a “you guys know the game” pedestal, and that is why progress in pvp is so slow. Keep the status quo as long as possible.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

I havent tested a system but i know for certain that possibility of getting unfair matches is there and for me it is unacceptable. I dont pay sub, but i did buy the game i expect quality i should not be forced to settle for mediocre. Ill take a break when Neverwinter and Teso come out, possibly permanent one if things dont improve here. They dont have my best interest in mind, but yours. They use “top teams” to farm new players so that they can increase ticket sale, that is why you are put on a “you guys know the game” pedestal, and that is why progress in pvp is so slow. Keep the status quo as long as possible.

alright let’s agree to disagree, because it seems that you have made up your mind about something you have not tested nor tried.

All I am saying is lets have a little faith in Arena Net.

take it as you will take it.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

alright let’s agree to disagree, because it seems that you have made up your mind about something you have not tested nor tried.

Solo/casual players already lost faith in a-net. Most of us left the game, i am one of those stupid enough to stick around still and argue our case.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Ayestes.1273

That’s a pretty big generalization with no real data. I’m personally pretty happy with the game and have certainly not lost faith. I really want solo-queue, but it doesn’t mean I’ve lost faith nor do I think they are lying. The dev interaction is something that is an extremely positive thing, and we’ve been turning into something extremely negative. It’s fine to discuss opinions obviously, but the negative tone is only something that serves to discourage them from communicating at all.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

That’s a pretty big generalization with no real data. I’m personally pretty happy with the game and have certainly not lost faith. I really want solo-queue, but it doesn’t mean I’ve lost faith nor do I think they are lying. The dev interaction is something that is an extremely positive thing, and we’ve been turning into something extremely negative. It’s fine to discuss opinions obviously, but the negative tone is only something that serves to discourage them from communicating at all.

Thank you sir, I completely agree; for now I will try and go with what Arena net is doing and see how that works out, and if it does harm the game then Arena net will change it.
I personally cannot say that I know more about managing a game and community better then Arena net, all I can do is trust them and hopefully show them that they have the communities backing in what they do.
Once I do try it out though and if I find that it doesn’t work than I will express my dissatisfaction, and I am sure if I have something to base it off then my argument to them will sound more convincing then basing it off of assumptions and previous games with different populations and a different monitory format.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Solo/casual players already lost faith in a-net. Most of us left the game, i am one of those stupid enough to stick around still and argue our case.

I havent and im still here.

Please try not to speak for me, I know how to type, as do many others.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

I havent and im still here.

Please try not to speak for me, I know how to type, as do many others.

You only type to put down people who fight to have a better pvp for solo/casual players? I see.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: edruviransu.1029

edruviransu.1029

I have faith in ArenaNet, of course. They made GW1, which is one of my favorite games. However, that shouldn’t stop us from voicing our concerns and questioning their decisions. In the end of the day, they are the game designers, but a healthy discussion is always helpful.

As for the queue system, I don’t like what I’ve heard about it, but I will give it a try. I feel like I will stop playing again when my rating takes a hit due to an unfair match up, though. It doesn’t matter how often it happens, really. It would be too frustrating to lose my hard earned rating due to the fact that the other team had an unfair advantage.

Regardless of what system they use, if there are no fair matchups to be had, then a matchmaking system has to give you either a less fair matchup or wait until there is a fair matchup. Every matchmaking system I’m aware of uses the former approach (specifically, they gradually increase how unfair they’re willing to allow the matchup to be until they find one).

Every matchmaking system (solo queue or non) has to compromise between match fairness and letting matches happen at all. Every sensible matchmaking system weights match results according to their likelihood (so that the expected change for both sides is 0) so that if you’re matched up with a better team, you’ll lose less rating than you’d lose in an even match if you lose and you’ll gain more rating than you’d gain in an even match if you win.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

You only type to put down people who fight to have a better pvp for solo/casual players? I see.

If I wanted to put you down I would first insult your intelligence, Tell you how stupid the idea of solo ques were, make random sweeping generalizations, call you kitten every 3 paragraph, and then proceed to say how you need to get better with the casual and obligatory " L2P""LOLOnoob""get a better team on my lvl lol" crap that I see from people who love to troll.

No I simply stated that you shouldnt speak for a population of people, especially when its wrong.

Try not to be so defensive

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

If I wanted to put you down I would first insult your intelligence, Tell you how stupid the idea of solo ques were, make random sweeping generalizations, call you kitten every 3 paragraph, and then proceed to say how you need to get better with the casual and obligatory " L2P""LOLOnoob""get a better team on my lvl lol" crap that I see from people who love to troll.

No I simply stated that you shouldnt speak for a population of people, especially when its wrong.

Now, if you did say something like that to me i would probably respond with " Go kitten yourself you stupid kitten" Try not to be defensive if you respond to this.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

Now, if you did say something like that to me i would probably respond with " Go kitten yourself you stupid kitten" Try not to be defensive if you respond to this.

Khyras you are really not contributing anything to this thread, nor nurturing any healthy discussion, so please can you either stop posting here any less you have something constructive to say.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Khyras.8021

Khyras you are really not contributing anything to this thread, nor nurturing any healthy discussion, so please can you either stop posting here any less you have something constructive to say.

If someone calls me out i will respond, i dont like you or your opinions even more than you dont like me or my opinions so posting in this kiss kitten thread is definitely not my highest priority atm.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Can someone explain to me what the big debate is about? I didn’t watch the stream since I’ve come to expect them as just another rehashing of stuff we already knew or heard plenty of times already.

From what I gathered from the “low down” thread was that the bracketed matchmaking system will offer the best of both worlds in a single que, meaning no further segregation of the community (which is a great thing IMO) but matching like comparable queuers together. From what I can tell the bulk of the arguments regarding the “no paid solo que” seem predicated on future features that either don’t exist yet or haven’t even been fully revealed or expressed by ANet yet.

What I mean is that, this all seems very much like trying to put a 1000 piece puzzle together without a picture to guide you. ANet hasn’t given us the big picture yet for PvP (they likely don’t fully know it themselves yet) so how can anyone meaningfully debate the pro’s and con’s of one facet of something greater without knowing what the ‘greater’ is?

Can someone sell me a clue please? (and cheap, I ain’t no rich man!)

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

I would firstly ask you to watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0togRMEc_o&list=UULXnUdolJsprz7P1ZqoheaQ&index=1
That’s exactly what I am trying to say though, is that Arena net knows what they are doing so lets see where they take things, before jumping down their throat and not experiencing this new system.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

I suggest we make a solo queue just for the people who complain all the time without any real arguments. They will be sent into a random map, where they will be alone, and win automatically after 15 minutes. Seriously now…

I fail to see what the big issue about not having a dedicated solo queue is. From what we know from the SotG discussion, MMR takes into account a huge number of things, so even if you get matched against a team of five players, it is more than likely they will all be lame as hell, as long as you went into the tournament solo. As long as your team is composed of people more skilled than the enemy team, it’s no problem to win even without teamspeak and the other teams stuffs (and that’s what MMR is for after all).

What I think the issue here is, is that players are starting to blame their failures (or in this case future failures) on the system, rather than themselves. Like the legendary, but in truth non-existent, ELO-hell from LoL.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

the population of the game isn’t large enough to split the community into several que’s

it already is split though. hot join, free, paid. All we are asking is to make hot join/free into solo queue unranked/ranked and leave paid for teams. And what I mean is 1 team of 5 vs 1 team of 5, game starts with both teams have 5, quitters get deserter debuff (cough like every other game cough)

how hard is that? hot join sucks and why is free still 8 team tourney? They keep doing kitten backwards and appeasing the more hardcore players while not doin kitten for casuals. And then they say stuff like the population isn’t big enough to split the queues. No kitten it isn’t big enough, because you keep doing kitten for hardcore players so your population is dying. so dumb.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Virgil Kemp.7056

Virgil Kemp.7056

The number of games it takes for “solo queue” (that’s how you spell it) ratings to mean ANYTHING with random teams of 5v5 is ridiculously high.

1v1 takes a certain number of games for players to reach a reasonably accurate rating. 2v2 with random teams takes twice as many games. 3v3 with random teams takes the 1v1 number of games to the third power. ETC.

And, if the base rating doesn’t start at 0, it’s even worse, as a constant influx of new players with inappropriate ratings constantly skew ratings.

Ratings for individuals in random teams [of such sizes as 5v5] are always gimmicky nonsense, implemented knowingly, in the interest of pleasing the ignorant who don’t understand basic mathematics.

I don’t mean to offend anyone’s intelligence, but this discussion has been had a thousand times before in the forums of other MMORPGs. There are people that understand the math, and people that just want a number to exploit/brag about without understanding how that number is calculated and why it’s often nearly entirely meaningless.

Stated differently, you cannot competitively engage in 5v5 strategic gameplay queued solo. Everyone wants to pretend to be competitive without being competitive. Sorry, you can’t have it both ways. The desire for a rating doesn’t negate basic math and give that rating meaning.

Solo Que (Anet system)

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

The number of games it takes for “solo queue” (that’s how you spell it) ratings to mean ANYTHING with random teams of 5v5 is ridiculously high.

1v1 takes a certain number of games for players to reach a reasonably accurate rating. 2v2 with random teams takes twice as many games. 3v3 with random teams takes the 1v1 number of games to the third power. ETC.

And, if the base rating doesn’t start at 0, it’s even worse, as a constant influx of new players with inappropriate ratings constantly skew ratings.

Ratings for individuals in random teams [of such sizes as 5v5] are always gimmicky nonsense, implemented knowingly, in the interest of pleasing the ignorant who don’t understand basic mathematics.

I don’t mean to offend anyone’s intelligence, but this discussion has been had a thousand times before in the forums of other MMORPGs. There are people that understand the math, and people that just want a number to exploit/brag about without understanding how that number is calculated and why it’s often nearly entirely meaningless.

Stated differently, you cannot competitively engage in 5v5 strategic gameplay queued solo. Everyone wants to pretend to be competitive without being competitive. Sorry, you can’t have it both ways. The desire for a rating doesn’t negate basic math and give that rating meaning.

who gives a kitten it would be it’s own bracket for casuals and the people who care about kitten can stick to paid

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace