Solo Que - August 6th

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

Whilst I’m glad about the solo queue, I’m also a little upset. I used to love queueing with my buddy and taking on tournaments together. I feel like this has split us up

Is there any way they can do Solo Queue like how it’s done in League of Legends in that you can queue with at least 1 other person?

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Hope the new solo-queue system won’t increase team queue too much. I play both and currently it still takes a while for a match.

It will probably increase the teamqueue time, a lot.
The solo will be slightly increased.
Of course it’s just a guess using human judgement and my experience queueing, since they don’t show any numbers.

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Baldric.6781

This split is good, well good, it was the only thing they could do, and solo queue is way way more important than this queue team-competitive. Sure it will make teamqueue a nightmare and we will see the end of a lot of average/bad teams, but the teamqueue was there for the bright future of the ezport, and since there is no future, who cares for teamqueue.

So your basically saying.. ‘kitten anyone who takes this game seriously or has more than 1 friend they want to play with’…

That sort of deal will kill GW2 within the year.
(not that I haven’t been calling it for the last 5~ months, that Anet kittens up hard enough to drive everyone away within the year)

Yes, that’s it.
The best tournament right now had 3k viewers tops and is paid by Arena.net, other tournaments were paid by donations of true believers in the ezport. The fact that no sane corporation is willing to give any significant amount of money and the fact that almost none that bought gw2 watches or plays spvp should be enough for everyone to see that anyone taking this game seriously is failing (just failing, atleast the time that they are playing they aren’t using crystal blue persuasion).

In time they will add duo queue in solo queue, probably, and i don’t think that this will kill the pvp of gw2, it will just kill the remains of ezport hope. They were trying to build the house from the roof, of course it didn’t work…

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Thx God

/15 chars

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Draedark.8193

Draedark.8193

As someone who plans to take advantage of this que during the times when a team is not available, I sincerely hope that the leaderboards rating derived from this is still contingent on the win. Otherwise I fear this will just be a ranked “hot join style” environment.

Crystal Desert
Two Soul/Bane Midge – Ranger, Prison Riot – Thief, Effing Effer – Guardian
Feel free to contact me for info on the eSPT tPvP guild!

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Congrats ArenaNet! This patch is the first patch in several months that has made me excited enough about sPvP that I will probably re-install the game and give it a whirl. I expect you guys to get a huge amount of new players from this, and a big surge in sPvP/tPvP interest. Could you imagine if the MOBAs out there didn’t have solo queue? They would not be very popular.

Gilgamesh’s Wish List Since GW2 Release:

1. Solo tPvP Queue
2. Mists Dueling
3. Revamped WvW (new maps especially)
4. Built-in Twitch streaming using Twitch SDK.

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Hope the new solo-queue system won’t increase team queue too much. I play both and currently it still takes a while for a match.

I play both as well, normally start off solo queing until my friends log on and ask me or form a group with a good solo que team. Kinda disappointed they sepereating this because I normally make friends by playing with people solo que than go premade but now this has happened you going to need all the other 4 to agree to play team que and it’ll be a lot harder as well.

I was hoping for a better matchmaking system, where solo que’ers face solo que’ers and small teams, and premades face premades and 2 smalls teams or such. The current matchmaking system is aweful. Even when they implement solo que it’ll still put one team with clear advantage over another due to rank imbalance and also profession imbalance due to one team being balanced over another.

The issue wasn’t that queing up solo was bad, the issue was the matchmaking system is bad because obviously you shouldn’t be facing a team of 2 and a team of 3 while your team is all solo que, or have a team of 2 and 3 solo que’ers face a premade, theres nothing even about that, that’s everything to do with the matchmaking system.

So for me, I’m a little disappointed, I never asked them to make a strict solo que, all I asked for was a better matchmaking system to not do stupid stuff like that because now as I play solo que I wont be making friends and playing tpvp with them more because I cant group with 1 or 2 people I liked from the last solo que game and continue to make more friends until we are a premade because now its solo que only and premade only.

I don’t want to click on 2 or 3 different buttons to tell me where I should play, I want good matchmaking system where I press ONE button and it waits for a good game to happen, no matter if I’m solo or with 2 other people or with a premade.

This new system isn’t going to bring in good player interaction, all it’ll bring in is strict solo que and people yelling in map chat lfxm, and then people getting kicked because they suck and people getting angry and what not about it. While right now you can solo que and slowly make your team and make friends because your playing with each other while you go. The only thing that needs to be done in order to perfect this is a good MATCHMAKING SYSTEM, not overhaul of the solo que and team que.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Now here’s something I haven’t seen answered/asked:

SoloQ does the team that wins continue or have to requeue?
If the above is “continues” do they eventually get through into TeamQ, ala GW1 RA -> TA?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

If the above is “continues” do they eventually get through into TeamQ, ala GW1 RA -> TA?

Your roster will disband once the match is over.

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Would it be possible to consider making it continuous down the line? It would help “feed” some population for queue times into the team queue.

Then again, that might not be the best of ideas either.

Either way, thanks for the quick reply.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

This is a good change.

For people that want to queue with 1 or 2 friends, all you have to do is both queue solo for a couple matches and identify other good players and then invite them to group. Soon you will have a full team for team queue. It will lead to more friends in-game that you can team queue with. Make friends and profit.

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

For people that want to queue with 1 or 2 friends, all you have to do is both queue solo for a couple matches and identify other good players and then invite them to group.

No other game forces you to play solo for an half->full hour~ just to be able to play a game with a friend… and few people will ever enjoy that hastle.

I mean if GW2 was a generally wonderful game to play with allot going for it… it might be able to get away with that…
But GW2 has a low population with so many people disliking so much about it… I don’t think putting needless complications discouraging social gameplay in a game in is a good idea…

All Anet had to do was create a casual and competitive que… hotjoin matches and tournaments…
In the hotjoin matches you get few rewards, in competitive you get more…
(its not zergy/random-skill SPvP)
Then all they have to do is make glory into a legitimate system where it takes allot of glory to actually get the gear… bam… fine setup.

If you want to mess around with friends.. que casual… sure there will be trolls floating around, but that is nothing new to games, and what a matchmaking-ranking system is for…

(edited by garethh.3518)

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

why has no one from arenanet gave a clear response of whether there will be the option of quing up for a duo in solo que the way league of legends allows? I just find it odd that they don’t ever comment about it yet I see people asking everywhere.

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Idk why, but you say it like you want people to complain and argue about it.

One thing I learned about a lot of MMO’s is the developer can like one thing, but has to do another thing because all in all its whatever the head honcho wants and not what the developer wants. In EQ everybody blamed smedly whenever something didn’t go there way and not the developer.

So all I gotta say is if you guys really want something, you keep voicing your opinion about it.

#matchmaking
#biggeringametournaments
#fixhotjoinsrankpointxp
#morearmor
#betterleaderboard
#announcementwhenwinningtournaments

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

I love this patch! I hate this social thing, it takes too much time and effort that i dont have. I just wanna login, play a few matches and logout. This will probably make it a lot more fun.

I mean, how is the percentage of people that have bought GW2 that actually plays it as an ezport? I would imagine less than 10%. For all the other players out there, this is a very welcome addition.

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

You really have become a confusing developer over the past couple years. Do you not see the advantages in a system where everyone gets grouped randomly, but they stay a team after winning? Maybe let them even get promoted to the team tourneys after they won, like original RA?
I can see why you chose a complete randomization after every match – only it doesn’t solve the most often requested matching type.
Do you not realize that every player who does not have a group of friends or a guild of exactly 5 or more very dedicated PvPers but seeks a dedicated, organized team experience (which is not served by solo queue in it’s current implementation) but does not want to compete against fully staffed, voice chat using guild teams on an obviously unequal footing still does not have a home in Guild Wars 2?
This basic game mode will be still missing more than a year after game release.

Most PvP modes in your previous game, GW1, supported that, even Random Arenas.

This is not how you create an E-Sport.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Idk why, but you say it like you want people to complain and argue about it.

One thing I learned about a lot of MMO’s is the developer can like one thing, but has to do another thing because all in all its whatever the head honcho wants and not what the developer wants. In EQ everybody blamed smedly whenever something didn’t go there way and not the developer.

So all I gotta say is if you guys really want something, you keep voicing your opinion about it.

#matchmaking
#biggeringametournaments
#fixhotjoinsrankpointxp
#morearmor
#betterleaderboard
#announcementwhenwinningtournaments

Their*

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

Is there a reason why? Seems more appropriate to keep the team together to encourage the feel of success.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Baldric.6781

why has no one from arenanet gave a clear response of whether there will be the option of quing up for a duo in solo que the way league of legends allows? I just find it odd that they don’t ever comment about it yet I see people asking everywhere.

They already said that solo is solo (period), and also, that the roster in solo will be hidden.
If u want to play with a friend, 2 options, queue at the same time and pray u get in the same roster (since it’s hidden u won’t know till the begining of the match, but the playerbase is so low that u have a good chance).
Queue in the team-premade queue, and expect larger queue’s time and you will probably end up against a full team with voice and balanced roster (balanced meaning using the overpowered spec/classes). By the way, do not queue with 4 in the team queue xD, unless u have a lot of free time.

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this would be stupid to let continue the winning team – its soloQ
in soloQ the only constant is YOU and this is the only way to give you a rating – when you are better than the average player you win more often cause you carry your team better – when not good your rating goes down – thats how it should work and will work

and for the guyz asking what with duoQ or 3 ppl etc – arenanet answered this before – there is TeamQ and TeamQ will work same as now – you can go in solo with a friend or full team

only soloQ is solo only

(edited by Romek.4201)

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

ThatShortGuy.4672

this would be stupid to let continue the winning team – its soloQ
in soloQ the only constant is YOU and this is the only way to give you a rating – when you are better than the average player you win more often cause you carry your team better – when not good your rating goes down – thats how it should work and will work

<snip>

That doesn’t seem very team oriented to me. More points does not mean you are “better than the average player”. It means you where able to cap and kill more, sure, but what about those poor bunkers that are keeping home point for your team? Or that roaming thief that keeps catching the opposing team’s roamer off point?

Keeping the winning team going (and eventually putting them into team tournaments) would make people want to work together to win.

If the only person that matters is me, then what’s stopping me from zerging ? Or capping together? More points!

ThatShortGuy.com

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

noone talks bout pointz

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: tac.2167

tac.2167

Is there a reason why? Seems more appropriate to keep the team together to encourage the feel of success.

If you keep the team together, then you’re not SoloQ-ing anymore, and you then have an unfair advantage over the other actual SoloQ players.

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Good. Now gimme 3 round tourneys. THAT will bring back players.
PS: I remember reading some text in which arenanet spoke of the "rapidly growing PvP community. Good one!

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I agree, it shouldn’t be like RA. If you’re lucky with teammates, you’ll just keep stomping the others and the leaderboards will become even more luckbased.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: Kirby.4951

Kirby.4951

Whilst I’m glad about the solo queue, I’m also a little upset. I used to love queueing with my buddy and taking on tournaments together. I feel like this has split us up

Is there any way they can do Solo Queue like how it’s done in League of Legends in that you can queue with at least 1 other person?

This

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

garethh.3518

If you keep the team together, then you’re not SoloQ-ing anymore, and you then have an unfair advantage over the other actual SoloQ players.

A marginal advantage at best…
It’s still the random people from SoloQ so not any more coordinated than… SoloQ’ers…
I guess in the worst case scenario it could group up a number of individually skilled players… but there is ranking to compensate for that. I mean short of a guy letting everyone into his mumble (which is just cool and builds social gameplay), there doesn’t seem to be much of a downside.

It actually, imo, would be a great feature, especially if you started getting matched against other groups that have won roughly as much as you or roughly even teamQs.

(edited by garethh.3518)

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

The reason I can imagine for not keeping the winning team together is to discourage quitting. For example; somebody’s team loses, the Q up again, and get paired up against the same team that just beat them (not a statistical impossibility). That person recognizes it, and quits out of the game early, having already been beaten and not wanting to go through that experience against the same team again.

IMO, it’s to make the experience for everybody a source of continual enjoyment, and to make the least rage inducing experience possible.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

garethh.3518

That person recognizes it, and quits out of the game early, having already been beaten

They are adding in a punishment for quitting in the same patch as SoloQ.

Solo Que - August 6th

in PvP

ThatShortGuy.4672

A marginal advantage at best…
It’s still the random people from SoloQ so not any coordinated than otherwise… at best its a number of good individually skilled players… but there is ranking to compensate for that.

It actually, imo, would be a great feature, especially if you started getting matched against other groups that have won roughly as much as you.

Yeah exactly. Work with you teammates to keep going. You may end up against a good group but that should make you want to work even harder to kick them out.

As for quitters, well, that’s always going to be an unfortunate situation and a reason for the /resign command to be implemented. But that’s a totally different topic.

ThatShortGuy.com