Solo Queuing= Losing Streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Jimmito.1586

Jimmito.1586

So I came to the conclusions that this season you absolutley have to HAVE TO get an organized group in order to win any matches. I listened to what everyone says if your gonna solo queue play an elementalist, “easy wins”. I tried it for a loooooooong time and my winning chances did not improve. I played warrior as well, same result losing streak. I was 3 pips away from diamond, then caught on a 12 game losing streak then won 2 matches then lost all my pips game after game in Ruby. What is going on this season? What are your thoughts?

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

So I came to the conclusions that this season you absolutley have to HAVE TO get an organized group in order to win any matches. I listened to what everyone says if your gonna solo queue play an elementalist, “easy wins”. I tried it for a loooooooong time and my winning chances did not improve. I played warrior as well, same result losing streak. I was 3 pips away from diamond, then caught on a 12 game losing streak then won 2 matches then lost all my pips game after game in Ruby. What is going on this season? What are your thoughts?

Ranked is competitive, therefore it will be on your best interest to get a team. You do not have to, but you know, people complain about everything.

YOU WILL NEVER control the other people on your team unless equally skilled or you are on the same page.

even a 3 man is good, so you only have 2 worry bout 2 kitten players on your team vs 4.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

maybe YOU have to, but not EVERYONE has to get an organised group.

a lot of people solo Q’d to legend.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

You can do it just keep working at it. It is frustrating to see yourself losing pips. The best thing to do is to focus on what you can control which is how you are playing and how you are helping the team win. You aren’t always going to have great teammates, but you have to find a way to help your team win. Here is one where we could have given up, but the majority of the people kept playing hard and we managed to pull out a win: https://www.twitch.tv/ccreynolds/v/74754263

in PvP

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I know I don’t have to be in a team to win my queues, I have a 30 win streak with only SoloQs…

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You don’t have to be in a team, sure it helps as it takes away the random factor of our team mates, but you do not have to be in a team. I find you have better odds of winning in a team in ruby. Below ruby teams are not needed at all.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

You either have to be in a good premade team or have high mmr which puts you on the predetermined winning team. With low mmr you get put on the team that’s predetermined to lose, so yea if that’s happening a lot your only hope is to be in a good premade team. ( this is common knowledge to most by now, even to those who don’t wanna admit it but yea most people know this after observing/participating in all 3 league seasons)

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

That statement is only true if you want to be carried by everyone else. However, I disagree. You can do just fine solo queue. I don’t have good MMR and I’m still advancing.

You either have to be in a good premade team or have high mmr which puts you on the predetermined winning team. With low mmr you get put on the team that’s predetermined to lose, so yea if that’s happening a lot your only hope is to be in a good premade team. ( this is common knowledge to most by now, even to those who don’t wanna admit it but yea most people know this after observing/participating in all 3 league seasons)

in PvP

Ellie.5913

That statement is only true if you want to be carried by everyone else. However, I disagree. You can do just fine solo queue. I don’t have good MMR and I’m still advancing.

You say you have bad mmr but that don’t mean you actually do.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Tell me what about my overall win/loss stats makes you think I would have a good MMR:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Don-t-belive-in-MMR-hell/first#post6220561

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Tell me what about my overall win/loss stats makes you think I would have a good MMR:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Don-t-belive-in-MMR-hell/first#post6220561

Dude, I don’t need some kitteny Mr know it all speaking for me, and I’m sure no 1 else who has had the same experience as I have needs you speaking for them either, MMR has a big impact on if you win or lose, low mmr= you get the crappyest teammates in the game while being put against a team that isn’t so crappy. High mmr = you get put on a good team while being put against a crappy team. It’s not rocket science, and I don’t feel like arguing with you, there’s plenty of others around suffering from mmr hell, so if you’re REALLY in the arguing mood go argue with them. Kthxbai.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Yet you keep posting. The numbers don’t lie. I have 41% win rate in ranked. That isn’t good. I’m under 50% win for this season yet I’ve made it to diamond. I was most definitely not carried their on the wings of Lord Helseth.

I ended up with some poor matches and some favorable ones. The match maker will give you fairly decent matches if you don’t try and game the system and play consistently.

Dude, I don’t need some kitteny Mr know it all speaking for me, and I’m sure no 1 else who has had the same experience as I have needs you speaking for them either, MMR has a big impact on if you win or lose, low mmr= you get the crappyest teammates in the game while being put against a team that isn’t so crappy. High mmr = you get put on a good team while being put against a crappy team. It’s not rocket science, and I don’t feel like arguing with you, there’s plenty of others around suffering from mmr hell, so if you’re REALLY in the arguing mood go argue with them. Kthxbai.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

The fact you have a 41% winrate yet are in diamond is IMO a sign of the system working badly…

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Yet you keep posting. The numbers don’t lie. I have 41% win rate in ranked. That isn’t good. I’m under 50% win for this season yet I’ve made it to diamond. I was most definitely not carried their on the wings of Lord Helseth.

I ended up with some poor matches and some favorable ones. The match maker will give you fairly decent matches if you don’t try and game the system and play consistently.

Yea and I have some ocean front property in Arizona that I’d be happy to sell to you and anyone who believes you.

in PvP

Posted by: McMarc.1276

McMarc.1276

Heres my two cents:

I’ve reached legendary pretty quick I think, with solo Q only from mid sapphire on. I had a 50% win rate when Q’ing with friends so I decided to go SoloQ. Magically, my winrate improoved to 70%. Of course, me and my 70% winrate is not for everyone and I see why: randoms and gamethrowers!
But let me tell you, your win-chances will be much much higher in solo Q if you play as something with a big carry-potential. Me for example I played thief most of the time, a profession that can (if mastered) set your team on a nearly permanent +1 situation.

The case you mentioned in your OP, “playing ele to win”, people thinking that … come on, is pure BS.
Ele is a nice addition to team comps but has like 0 carry potential. If your team sucks, you have no chance to help em. You cant split, you’re slow, you cant win 1v1s. :b
Also most of those ele players are those kind of players who sit on a capped midpoint for ever when the team loses 5v4 on the side nodes.

So all in all… try to play something usefull in solo Q, and more important: know your roles and… Learn to rotate and dont ever give up only because the enemy got mid. I’ve got many many games won by just outplaying them like in the scenario above where their ele just camps mid and allows us to dominate the aside points. So yea thats basically it.

Attachments:

Marc Geht Steil / Honorable Marc / Mc Marc
Just call me Marc :3
Gatekeepers Of Desolation [GoD]

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The fact you have a 41% winrate yet are in diamond is IMO a sign of the system working badly…

It’s the system working as intended. The current PvP league system is carefully designed to ensure progression even in significantly less than average cases. This is intentional, it’s not a mistake. It ruins the possibility of making the leagues into a skill-based ladder, but it’s not just a blunder that it works this way.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

It is 41% total. 48% for the season. The point is even though I have a less than stellar overall win rate lifetime, the system didn’t prevent me from advancing this season. I have spent time looking at what I can do better, and what people that are successful do to win. I am by no means a great player, but I have made quite a few changes in how I play, the builds I run, and how I play the maps.

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

It is 41% total. 48% for the season. The point is even though I have a less than stellar overall win rate lifetime, the system didn’t prevent me from advancing this season. I have spent time looking at what I can do better, and what people that are successful do to win. I am by no means a great player, but I have made quite a few changes in how I play, the builds I run, and how I play the maps.

Exactly the same for me. I made it into diamond with less than 50% win rate. I also adapted a bit how I play and improved my mental attitude. And I changed the time frame when I play from late afternoon to evening. The result was diamond with a win streak of 10+ matches after beeing stuck in ruby for the whole season.

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

In my experience who did not get carried by mmr, the only way to get above ruby is by having a good group. It’s Impossible to reach diamond or even legend SoloingQ.

Played 250~ ish games SoloQ in ruby and didnt get to diamond, in just one day with a group of 4 a had a winstreak of 12 that got me out of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Yeah I had a similar mindset about playing as the ele or at least my Ele has the most wins unless recently (had a losing streak a few days ago)…

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Solo queing in GW2= http://imgur.com/a/PqNiC

Solo queing in smite= http://imgur.com/a/V8HLo

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

So you loose all day because your team has a lower MMR? In multiple other threads you complain that MMR has nothing to do with the skill of a player. So why does the team with the lower MMR has a predetermined loss? By your logic, shouldnt it be 50/50 no matter what MMR the teams have? This is just paradox dude, it looks like you dont even know yourself what you be talking about.

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

So I came to the conclusions that this season you absolutley have to HAVE TO get an organized group in order to win any matches.

definitely NOT true. i got to legendary rank a week to 2 ago, from 99% solo queue with about 3 out 5 games won ratio.

Yes as a solo queue it really is annoying to go against the same duo or 3 man queue for 2-4 games in a row, sometimes i go against 5 man queues and my whole team is solo queuers but we still win, obviously 2-3 man queue with teamspeak has significant advantages against us solo queuers, but it also comes down to skill and class composition.

Going ele thinking youd win is wrong,
1) look at other teams comp,
2) look at your own teams comp,
3) what map is it? and make adjustments on what class to use.

Yes, all classes are decent, some are stronger than others, but being experienced to all classes you will play is a must.

In the end, i have cried to anet since the removal of solo q a year ago and it has gone to deaf ears so i stopped caring, if you still get kittened about the matchups, just play a different game mode, or play another game(fallout 4 lel), once your calm, come back and play, getting kittened while pvping won’t get you anywhere.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in PvP

Posted by: heydurian.6459

heydurian.6459

Solo Queuing = waste your life

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

maybe YOU have to, but not EVERYONE has to get an organised group.

a lot of people solo Q’d to legend.

I’ve done it all 3 seasons, this one was seemingly the easiest for me to do so.

in PvP

Posted by: Serr.1853

Serr.1853

Oh man I’m having the worst of luck this season.. Win 2 lose 9…lol. Forever doomed to ruby.

[Whoa] Wipe Hard On Ambients

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

@Fay

(wish I knew how to quote previous posts) I beg to differ. My case shows that what you’re saying is not accurate.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

In my experience solo queuing does result in more losing streaks because the better your mmr the worst players you get paired with for your division although it also results in a random general climb if you are a good player skill wise.

Duo queuing is the best way to break these losing streaks especially if you duo que with a good player who himself has a losing streak. It sounds like taking advantage of the system because it is. If you duo with a player who has had losing streaks because of solo que and you know is good skill wise you can use his mmr tank to get better teammates when you pair with him. Also duo queuing with a player that had a large win streak will cause you to face harder teams and have worse teammates for the match up.

With this knowledge hopefully you feel more in control of your wins and loses. This of-course wont save a player from just being unlucky with the match-ups or just playing poorly themselves. but it does reduce the chance.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)