Avoiding Afk'ers (Suggestion)

in PvP

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

I offer the following suggestion for discussion

Upon hitting Join (Ranked or Unranked), instead of waiting while the game randomly assigns ‘suitable’ players – A red or blue ‘roster window’ would pop up which has others in the queue of similar mmr/rank (those who you would have been teamed with randomly anyway) and from there you can chat and form a 5 man team before hitting start game and entering the game queue.

The system will match up teams from the appropriate red and blue rosters to begin the game in the normal manner.

A number of ‘issues’ could be (at least partially) eliminated by adopting such a system:

1) Players can no longer complain about the Class make up of teams as they have actively decided to join that team.

2) Those you know to be Afk’ers, DC’ers and general griefers can now be avoided and will likely very soon find it very difficult to find anyone to play with them.

Interested to know whether others would like to see a system like this?

(edited by Daroon.1736)

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

So on top of 5-10 min que’s you want to wait for people to click more then 2 buttons and introduce a system that will make pvp even more toxic make que’s longer and increase the wait after a que pops good idea they should implement that

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Daroon.1736

So on top of 5-10 min que’s you want to wait for people to click more then 2 buttons and introduce a system that will make pvp even more toxic make que’s longer and increase the wait after a que pops good idea they should implement that

You’re clearly one of the minority happy with the system as it is and never complain about the class balance of your team or being matched against pre-mades? or when you find yourself back on the same team as the player who DC’d or Sat in base calling everyone noobs during your last game; because your team was losing after 2 minutes, you don’t mind at all?

Me personally; Yes, I wouldn’t mind waiting a little longer to be able to choose my teammates for a match – 2 minutes extra beforehand as opposed to 10 minutes in an unbalanced game would be time well spent for me.

in PvP

lloydst.6985

You’re clearly one of the minority happy with the system as it is and never complain about the class balance of your team or being matched against pre-mades? or when you find yourself back on the same team as the player who DC’d or Sat in base calling everyone noobs during your last game; because your team was losing after 2 minutes, you don’t mind at all?

Me personally; Yes, I wouldn’t mind waiting a little longer to be able to choose my teammates for a match – 2 minutes extra beforehand as opposed to 10 minutes in an unbalanced game would be time well spent for me.

Ok ill spell this out for you slowly: the higher your mmr the higher your team queue’s i personally have 5-10 min que most of that time i spend sitting on a rock tapping some npc’s to keep myself busy then i come into a match after a 1.30 min timer(after que pops and map selection)just standing there with my thump up my … To play a game with legendary’s that cant rotate fight off point or die to beast to lose a match 500-490 by carrying hard.
Matches take about 12mins avg + que time + pre match time+ map selection + your suggested change would increase the time it takes to play one match to about 1 every half an hour instead of 20 min for each plus your are excluding people wich creates toxicity for no reason while trying to communicate with your to be teammates who might still be kittened and make stupid mistakes your system doesnt fix anything

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Team queue queue times are of no concern to solo q players though.

Right now the system favors team queues too heavily (5 man on TS vs solo q = rip) so as a solo q player I really don’t care if your queue times suck.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Team queue queue times are of no concern to solo q players though.

It is to ANET tho, they cant have their espurts without their teams

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Daroon.1736

Ok ill spell this out for you slowly: the higher your mmr the higher your team queue’s i personally have 5-10 min que most of that time i spend sitting on a rock tapping some npc’s to keep myself busy then i come into a match after a 1.30 min timer(after que pops and map selection)just standing there with my thump up my … To play a game with legendary’s that cant rotate fight off point or die to beast to lose a match 500-490 by carrying hard.
Matches take about 12mins avg + que time + pre match time+ map selection + your suggested change would increase the time it takes to play one match to about 1 every half an hour instead of 20 min for each plus your are excluding people wich creates toxicity for no reason while trying to communicate with your to be teammates who might still be kittened and make stupid mistakes your system doesnt fix anything

Having such a high mmr, the pool of players you are being matched with is obviously quite small. yet you obviously still have an issue with players that you feel are not up to your very high standards and who you don’t want on your team.

So long as you are capable of remembering their names, the system I suggested would allow you to choose not to team with them (or vice-versa of course)

in PvP

lloydst.6985

Lol mmr ist being calculated in at the moment as they broke it one again it on rank only an i keep getting put up with exploiters vs legit players exploiters are the problem not the players who just are having a bad game and you judging them on that

in PvP

Daroon.1736

Lol mmr ist being calculated in at the moment as they broke it one again it on rank only an i keep getting put up with exploiters vs legit players exploiters are the problem not the players who just are having a bad game and you judging them on that

I never mentioned “To play a game with legendary’s that cant rotate fight off point or die to beast to lose a match 500-490 by carrying hard.” Nor “teammates who might still be kittened and make stupid mistakes”

No judging going on here and being able to choose who you play with would allow you to avoid the exploiters?

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

agree with llodst.

they should fix somehow else, cause queue is long enough ( 1 min waiting to make up some strategy + chance to get all “ready” if strategy is done is enough ).

I made a thread not long ago:

Attachments: