Solo q is probably in the worst state ever

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Aside joke guys at the top playing 1 match every week in order to stay ranked ( our dear pro rickster being so proud about it, not playing for 2 months, doing a game, RANK 1, LEL);

solo q has become horrible.

It’s full of people with no clue at all, it’s like people has literally no idea what to do.

Top leaderboard people mixed with people in the % without any real sense so it’s even impossible to carry.

The more you play the more you’ll win/lose 50% of the time not because you’re matched with people of the same skill, but because the outcome is totally RANDOM so it’s like throwing a coin.

I really don’t see good players playing anymore, and as a pure solo q player doing even 10-15 solo q per day i did nothing but going down and down from top 100 while players are afking at the higher spots.

I’m not even mad for that, i’m mad because solo q players are now totally clueless, worse than ever.

Seriously, what happened to this game ?

in PvP

Posted by: Jinx.7258

Jinx.7258

I was 3rd just few days ago and I’ve been in top 10 for months… without playing regularly. And I’ll keep doing it because I can. You pointed out the reason yourself.

The simpliest,easiest solution is to even the rewards for teamQ and soloQ. Simple as that.

On the other hand, just soloQ for teamQ,all the players you are missing in soloQ are there,in teamQ, farming ranks.

I dont even dare boasting about ranks in this meta. And so yeah,there’s your solution, sololy queue for team queue and dont give a crap about ranks :|

Cheers

#VoTF4Life

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Someone I know is in the top 50 soloq, played 16 games total. And I believe they don’t touch PvP anymore and have not in quite some time.

Yet there he is, chilling in the top 50. xD

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Yes, the ranking system is a TOTAL joke, and needs to be addressed. Also, the matchmaking “system” continues to make me lol.

It seems like the best course of action is simply to not play the game(or rather, play it once a week and hope you win), which is silly. There is simply too much variance with respect to winning/losing influencing your rank.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Someone I know is in the top 50 soloq, played 16 games total. And I believe they don’t touch PvP anymore and have not in quite some time.

Yet there he is, chilling in the top 50. xD

I was in the top 100 for almost month after i stopped playing lol.
started from #7

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Going to agree about that. Last 2 weeks or so I’ve noticed q times are horrid, matchmaking is kitten (my last round was 500-10 other team had a rank 13 10 and a 5…) and people are just kittened. I don’t remember the last foefire round where people defended mid after it was capped. I keep getting free full caps on mid idk why…

Sigh

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Going to agree about that. Last 2 weeks or so I’ve noticed q times are horrid, matchmaking is kitten (my last round was 500-10 other team had a rank 13 10 and a 5…) and people are just kittened. I don’t remember the last foefire round where people defended mid after it was capped. I keep getting free full caps on mid idk why…

Sigh

Wow.
I didn’t think this game would fall that far that fast.
Seems GW2 might not even make it to the split, when TSO and Wildstar are released.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Sigh

It’s a sign of how few people are playing.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Sigh

It’s a sign of how few people are playing.

or that people are instead going for teamQ since it has better rewards win or lose.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

I was 3rd just few days ago and I’ve been in top 10 for months… without playing regularly. And I’ll keep doing it because I can. You pointed out the reason yourself.

The simpliest,easiest solution is to even the rewards for teamQ and soloQ. Simple as that.

On the other hand, just soloQ for teamQ,all the players you are missing in soloQ are there,in teamQ, farming ranks.

This is 100% accurate. There is no reason to be in solo queue when team queue is so much better.

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

So the leaderboards should favor people with more wins more heavily. That I agree with.

I don’t think it’s a random 50% chance though. If you’re getting a 50% win rate, it means that the ranking system is probably doing its job in matching you with people of the same skill level.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The leaderboard definitely needs an overall. I’d like to see a new ranking system and then a wipe of the leaderboards.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

So the leaderboards should favor people with more wins more heavily. That I agree with.

I don’t think it’s a random 50% chance though. If you’re getting a 50% win rate, it means that the ranking system is probably doing its job in matching you with people of the same skill level.

Typical match when in top 100.

I <- rank 66
random <- not even in leaderboard
random <-not even in leaderboard
random <- unlucky rank 200-300

Other team

random <- rank 200-300
random <- rank 400-500
random <-not even in leaderboard
random <- rank 400-500

For those who played in the high end of the leaderboard this setting will be pretty common and familiar.

Sorry dude, if you think that people winning/losing 50% of the time is due to matchmaking doing its job than you’re delusional.

My analysis is purely matemathical: there can’t be any other option than simply because there’re only 2 outcomes ( win/loss) and it just HAPPENS to be the exact same outcome of the perfect competitive environment.

Point is that in the perfect competitive environment ( teams of equal skills) the win/loss ratio is determined by skill while in the REAL scenario win/loss ratio is determined by the number of clueless people your team/opponent’s team have.

This is just the sad reality, solo q is a bigger joke than ever right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

EU solo queue is pretty good overall.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Good as kitten.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

ESO doesn’t have any sort of structured PvP game mode. Why bring it up in a thread about spvp?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

EU solo q is in a MUCH better position to NA solo q.

EU solo q you just have to outplay your opponents (with a better build too) to climb the leaderboard.

NA solo q is just a test of how hard you can carry your team every match. For some reason there are ~r20s on both sides in top 100 queues, so basically this involves rolling a far point troll build or thief and playing a weird sort of mini-game with them..

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yeah I see this every day doing solo q for my daily AP.

Basically depending on the luck of the day I’ll usually get one of the following (either my team, or theirs, or both):

- Single digit ranked players
- Signet of resolve guardians that melt in 2 seconds
- 3 signet zerker bearbow rangers
- 5 signet rifle warriors
- People that zerg like hotjoin

For example yesterday I had a r7 ranger in 4 of my games which was just a joke. Any team that got him instantly got a loss and I got him twice >.>. I mean, sure that’s a 50% win/loss rate right there but that’s like 4 unfun games right there.

And then there’s the queue times…

Attachments:

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

No it isn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

soloq in nutshell vv

first match today, 4v5
second match skyhammer
at this point i am back to playing legaue because gw2 pvp simply doesn’t work is unfun/unfair but hey LS is comming out, so good, so wow except i don’t give a flying kitten about killing some AI that is scripted to die

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

It’s possible that most veteran PVP players are taking a break until that BIG BALANCE patch arrives. So that leaves us now with newbies testing the water or PVE players playing some SoloQs for dailies and some silver.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I still think getting rid of the Solo Queue leaderboards altogether and renaming it “random arena,” would be very good for GW2…

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

style.6173

EU solo q you just have to outplay your opponents (with a better build too) to climb the leaderboard.

The better build is the problem. In NA, that means using one of the OP builds. It’s not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Aside joke guys at the top playing 1 match every week in order to stay ranked ( our dear pro rickster being so proud about it, not playing for 2 months, doing a game, RANK 1, LEL);

It’s full of people with no clue at all, it’s like people has literally no idea what to do.

Top leaderboard people mixed with people in the % without any real sense so it’s even impossible to carry.

The more you play the more you’ll win/lose 50% of the time not because you’re matched with people of the same skill, but because the outcome is totally RANDOM so it’s like throwing a coin.

I really don’t see good players playing anymore, and as a pure solo q player doing even 10-15 solo q per day i did nothing but going down and down from top 100 while players are afking at the higher spots.

I’m not even mad for that, i’m mad because solo q players are now totally clueless, worse than ever.

lol nice shot at me. Whats up are you jelly?

You really think I want to not play for 2/3 months and then come back to STILL massive queue times because I am rank 1. You really think I don’t want permanent decay so that I can actually have fun with the game. Do you have any idea how long queue times are when you are rank 1 and playing off peak times? Do you have any idea how BORING the games are at these times when it is just complete beginners and you because the system keeps all the rank 50-200 guys together and shoves the top ranked players into a long queue (at off peak times)?

I suck at this game now. Utterly suck. Do you think I even want to be rank 1 and have to perform like I used to in order to have balanced match ups? I can’t carry anymore. I can’t win even many of my 1v1s anymore. I can’t team fight anymore. I lost passion for the game and having not played much for a good while now I also lost skill at the game. And then because the system is broken it is hard for me to have fun playing again because I get shafted by being still rank 1.

I was the best. I suck now. If you think you were better than I was then get a better win % and get to rank 1. That is all there is to it really. The FACTS are such. Not opinions or egos but facts.

So there it is. Don’t really see why you called me out. I really am bad at this game now. I don’t care enough and I lose to everyone as I have lost a ton of skill through lack of activity. I don’t want to be rank 1. I don’t want to have none permanent decay which makes it terrible to play the game.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Wow.
Seems GW2 might not even make it to the split, when TSO and Wildstar are released.

Subscription MMO’s affecting GW2? Lol, no.

in PvP

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Wow.

Of course it will. I bet there’s a sizeable portion of WvWers and PvPers who are happy to play $15/month with the expectation of better and faster patches. I’m one of those and I know a fair few others. I paid for 2.5 years for Warhammer, had no issues with it.

And even if people may not leave for another MMO, they’ll leave for other games. People are burned out on Coverage Wars with no major improvements since launch and none in sight. WvW population is already a lot less than half a year ago, it’s just so noticeable these days especially now with karma and champion trains in EOTM 24/7.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

You really think I want to not play for 2/3 months and then come back to STILL massive queue times because I am rank 1. You really think I don’t want permanent decay so that I can actually have fun with the game. Do you have any idea how long queue times are when you are rank 1 and playing off peak times? Do you have any idea how BORING the games are at these times when it is just complete beginners and you because the system keeps all the rank 50-200 guys together and shoves the top ranked players into a long queue (at off peak times)?

I suck at this game now. Utterly suck. Do you think I even want to be rank 1 and have to perform like I used to in order to have balanced match ups? I can’t carry anymore. I can’t win even many of my 1v1s anymore. I can’t team fight anymore. I lost passion for the game and having not played much for a good while now I also lost skill at the game. And then because the system is broken it is hard for me to have fun playing again because I get shafted by being still rank 1.

I was the best. I suck now. If you think you were better than I was then get a better win % and get to rank 1. That is all there is to it really. The FACTS are such. Not opinions or egos but facts.

So there it is. Don’t really see why you called me out. I really am bad at this game now. I don’t care enough and I lose to everyone as I have lost a ton of skill through lack of activity. I don’t want to be rank 1. I don’t want to have none permanent decay which makes it terrible to play the game.

Why the shot at you ?

Because of comments like this

These forums are a joke. It is so OP. Warrior is a minor issue compared to this. It really is the most broken thing I have ever seen in this game.

And I dont need to l2p. I am rank 1 solo q eu. Rank 1 with best win % in EU with over a handful of games. So I dont need to l2p. Anet needs to learn to nerf this BS.

It is honestly something which I have never seen in this game before. It is the most broken thing ever.

I hate this attitude.

Solo q ranking is a joke and usin it as some form of entitlment is ridicolous.

Sad story is that no one can know if you’re good or if you suck because the only way to be known is via team Q and team Q leaderboard ( aside being another big joke) shows SINGULAR players instead of teams.

LOL.

Because doing something like WoW arena system was too difficult for aNet.

Anyway, here you go.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Why the shot at you ?

These forums are a joke. It is so OP. Warrior is a minor issue compared to this. It really is the most broken thing I have ever seen in this game.

And I dont need to l2p. I am rank 1 solo q eu. Rank 1 with best win % in EU with over a handful of games. So I dont need to l2p. Anet needs to learn to nerf this BS.

It is honestly something which I have never seen in this game before. It is the most broken thing ever.

I hate this attitude.

Sad story is that no one can know if you’re good or if you suck because the only way to be known is via team Q and team Q leaderboard ( aside being another big joke) shows SINGULAR players instead of teams.

LOL.

Anyway, here you kitten

so being rank 1 and having the best win % means nothing? If so then you and everybody else should have no problem winning as high a win % as me then. Should be easy for you to carry

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Why the shot at you ?

I hate this attitude.

LOL.

Anyway, here you kitten

so being rank 1 and having the best win % means nothing? If so then you and everybody else should have no problem winning as high a win % as me then. Should be easy for you to carry

You can’t carry anymore.

That’s the problem with solo q right now.

In the past, when players were at least DECENT you could carry because at least they were at the right place.

Now solo q is full of random idiots playing facerolling professions believing they can facecannon into 3vs1 sure they’ll win.

All this braindead meta has done is to totally destroy people sense of danger so they just go suiciding themselves instead of being actually useful, and since good players no longer play ( because they can easily afk at high rating without playing), going into solo q is a total joke.

Again, i’ve been top 100 for months ( BY PLAYING, not afking) and i don’t want to go team q because meta is horrible, but now it’s just too much.

in PvP

garethh.3518

Wow.

lol.
Right now, the game is losing tons of players to nothing, there are no other big name PvP MMOs pulling away the population.
If the game managed to stabilize with a small PvP population against nothing… I think subscription MMOs are going to be extremely challenging competition.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

If the game managed to stabilize with a small PvP population against nothing… I think subscription MMOs are going to be extremely challenging competition.

In that case WoW should’ve already robbed GW2 of it’s population, since it’s held the MMO crown for 8+ years and will continue to do that. ESO and Wildstar are nothing lol, watch both of them go F2P within 6 months.

Guild Wars franchise has never competed with subscription MMO’s and never will. The whole point it is to co-exist with subscription MMO’s.

in PvP

style.6173

Ok so being rank 1 and having the best win % means nothing? If so then you and everybody else should have no problem winning as high a win % as me then. Should be easy for you to carry

A high rank in solo queue is very impressive as long as you aren’t playing one of the following:

hambow, decap engi, spirit ranger, mm necro, bunker guard, s/p, or pu Mesmer. A high rank with any of those is more about the spec than anything else.

in PvP

garethh.3518

In that case WoW should’ve already robbed GW2 of it’s population, since it’s held the MMO crown for 8+ years and will continue to do that. ESO and Wildstar are nothing lol, watch both of them go F2P within 6 months.

Guild Wars franchise has never competed with subscription MMO’s and never will. The whole point it is to co-exist with subscription MMO’s.

WoW has been around for ages and the PvP is pretty monotonous/stale (or so I hear) which isn’t what allot of people want out of PvP. GW2 is pushing towards a competitive-casual market and missing the mark (getting super casual) and that will heavily overlap with what both the TESO and Wildstar are aiming for.

So then why does GW2 still have players?
It’s unique.
It’s a ‘new breed’ of MMO, and so that is holding on to a population. But that luster fades over time, especially when other new MMOs come out. This game has an extreme amount of potential and easy should have been able to hold up against subscription style MMOs, I mean, if the game wasn’t released in alpha with a snails pace to further development.

Wildstar seems like NCSofts GW2 2.0 It has dodge rolling, GW1 style skills and a Rift team/map dynamic. All solid, easy to enact concepts sure to appeal to the casual PvP market.

I knew TESO was going to blow ever since I first heard of it.
That series has only been downhill since Morrowind.
Just like Skyrim, TESO is going to be half as good but twice as popular than it’s predecessor because once upon a time Bethesda made a good game (Morrowind, which started a massive modding community which went over to Oblivion and eventually Skyrim even though Bethesda stopped giving any real mod support by that point. Vanilla Skyrim is a graphics simulator with a lil’ combat on the side.)

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I still think getting rid of the Solo Queue leaderboards altogether and renaming it “random arena,” would be very good for GW2…

Agree!

Ranger//Necro