Solo queue and unranked play.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Solo queue drives people crazy! Although to be TOTTALY honest I haven’t had very many leavers when I was solo queuing ,went against premades a bunch but didn’t really have a leaver problem I have more buttons on my mouse than leavers

Anyways I do have a problem with wanting to play and teach my other buddies but a lot of my premade groups look down on bringing in new players and hot join really wont teach much.

So I was thinking two birds with one stone!!!
Unranked play! still counting to the daily so new players can compete, learn to play, and can get the daily withing impeding more serious, or more advanced players. And in turn I suggest solo queue throw you into this unranked style. So win lose doesn’t matter and you can still tPvP and not worry that you don’t have a 5 man premade.

Only problem I see could be that splitting the PvP community again could do more harm than good.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Consider this, if Ranked play is already plagued with idiots that like to AFK or leave games midway entirely, what do you think will happen in Unranked play once a team is 10 points behind?

5v2 is my guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Yes but atleast it won’t matter and get them out of ranked play.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

The real issue here is more how your premade is scared about losing, and/or losing rating. I recognize the attitude, and I don’t necesarrily disapprove it per say (I know how lame it is to lose because you took in a new/subpar player), but I simply do not believe it is ‘suitable’ (for lack of better wording) in such a game. It’s jokeboards, afterall, which means most of your rating was (most likely) gained by stomping such players continuously to start with.
Think about it.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: cuasilk.6927

cuasilk.6927

I agree with the necessity of an unranked 5vs5 in some way, because hot join is not useful to test builds and professions, so if I want to really test something I’ve got to go to tournies and screw my team because I don’t know well what I’m doing.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Unranked matches will end up as a pool of ppl trying new builds. So you not really have a high level of play there. Ergo your build testing won’t show the desired result. And Premades will more likely to scrimm in CA’s which are also unranked games.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

Unranked = hotjoin.
They plan on improving on the “PLAY NOW” button.
Hopefully, I imagine something like this:

Check-mark desirable maps
Choose: 5v5 or 8v8
(etc?)

Pairings are matched firstly by Rank.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper