SoloQ leave; lockout, option to wait, please?

in PvP

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

I am like some, in the fact I was excited to have solo queue. I did want solo queue and still do, but quite frankly it has completely turned me off from sPVP. I am so annoyed about the amount of 4v5, even 3v5, starts I have been in.

I am not one of the players who was bashing sPVP before leaderboards and or any of the other additions. I enjoy sPVP for what it is; 5v5 capture and hold an area style of play. I come from a first person shooter background and timed competition is at the heart of those kind of games.

Now, when I think about playing sPVP solo Q, well now I don’t even want to bother. I use to play tournaments fairly regularly. I think I had over 250 tourney matches in before the new queues. Now I have to reestablish myself for solo, and it is completely jacked up. It seems more than 40% of the games I have tried to solo Q start with my team having less than 5 people. So basically, I have lost at least 40% of my matches before the game even starts.

Trolls are going to troll, but it just seems that this issue is not being taken seriously enough yet. I am that player A-Net wants in sPVP. I want to play it without some kind of special incentive. I could give a crud less about not having anything to spend glory on. I want to convince people to play with me because the game type is actually about playing a defined game… Now, hell I have cut back on even loading the game for anything. The thing I enjoyed the most is being ruined by people who don’t like it and A-Net, whether you like hearing it or not, you are giving these people a free pass and those trolls are pushing people away from the game.

Enough ranting and now I offer my two cents on possible things to help. A-Net, you will never be able to stop someone from shutting down the game, so don’t even bother with that idea (if you were.)

1. Instant solo and hot join lockout if you leave a game you were queued for. If a person’s client “crashes” for legitimate or artificial reasons, only allow a box to re-enter queued game. If someone clicks to join any other queue, tourney or hot, then they are greeted with a box of some type informing them that can not join any other game for XX amount of time. The time period should be enough to deter trolls, perhaps the full time length of a tourney map.

2. If teams are in the server during the pre-game countdown, and BOTH teams do not have 5 people at the end of the pre-game countdown, have the server restart the pre-game time clock and instantly go and grab a solo queued player. The game does not start until both teams have five players.

Please A-Net, do something quick about this. I want to play but the enjoyment I had is almost completely gone, and I don’t care how many rewards you throw at me to come back. If this kind of problem is not dealt with more urgency, then this will be one more player who will stop casually even trying to play the game I enjoyed from the beginning… Not trying to make any type of threat, just being 100% honest and hopefully someone who can help will not dismiss this post as another trolling post.

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

+1 message body length must at least be 15

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Sudden.8729

One more quick thing to show an example of drop in play.

sPVP rank 28. None of that with mindless rank farming. All points earned by actually playing games, whether it is hot join or Tourney.

Team Queue rating 45%, 131 wins, 125 losses (my queuing typically resembled solo, which is why I wanted it.)

Solo Queue… well I know I have played several games, but my name doesn’t even appear. Perhaps it is because I am so tired of playing 4v5’s that I have been de-ranked due to inactivity and the mass amounts of losses that are a direct result of 4v5 or 3v5’s?

in PvP

Sudden.8729

Seriously…

I’m really trying to quit smoking right now but come on…

1st attempt after making the original post. After around 10 minute or so wait and…

Do I really need to say that we never had five and lost one more by the time the game was over…

Who do I have to beg to at least… put me in an equal rating as the Team queue so I can get more than two.,.. oh what the heck, atleast ONE game to start with a full five team. Please? Who?

Attachments:

in PvP

Sudden.8729

Wow, who would have thought my next post would be so soon. Hmm, about 20-30 minutes since the last. What have I done since then… Oh yea, I tried this AGAIN…

Atleast a few of us tried and it ended 264 to 503. I had a blast.

Thanks for all the great games I had tonight with GW2 Solo Queue thumbs up

For the love of something that is holy to you; just make it so that the friggin’ game doesn’t start till FIVE people are on BOTH TEAMS! I will wait for the fifth. Can I buy a Gem Item for this, something?!?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Fully agree with the OP, the total lack of effect the deserter debuff is having on the solo queue is really making this game mode pointless. Of the last 10 games I played at least 6-7 did not end as 5v5, meaning an instant loss for whichever side was lacking players. What is the point of having leader boards coupled with that?

This has been discussed in other threads, with some good suggestions given there. Like, whoever leaves takes the full hit to their rating, with no hit given to those remaining even if they lose. And please introduce real consequences for those leaving, I fail to believe that people have such a high rate of sudden disconnects in pvp mode only.

I am actually a player not overly keen on pvp, and got lured into it in GW2 by dailies (yes you can laugh at me). I did start to enjoy it though, and would likely play it more often if the system wasn’t so messed up. Please fix it!

in PvP

Sudden.8729

I was working out of town alot around the time that the Solo Queue was new; so I didn’t get to set a rating while the games were hot.

Now that I have time to check it out, I can rarely get a full team game in. I am stuck in nubsville rating and can’t get enough games in with full teams to move out of that neighborhood.

Then, you also have new players trying to get into sPVP and this is the experience they are having to deal with too.

Old players are losing interest in trying to play; new players are getting introduced to a less than enjoyable experience. How is this issue not addressed by an A-Net Dev? Has it been addressed?

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Doesn’t the game force you back into the tourney if you leave it (force crash / logout)?

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows