SoloQ solution is brackets

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Games have brackets for a good reason.

People enjoy things more when they win and achieve something. Even if they only climb to the top of the Bronze bracket, they still feel they achieved something.

After a few more wins they start in Silver bracket at the bottom, and they can climb again.

When there is only one bracket, only a few players at the top get to have that good experience.

If the top 100 players were in their own bracket, we would not need to face them until we are ready.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

or pool 10 players and distribute them so top 100 players will play with rank 2s.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Alco,

I thought of that, but you will get odd gameplay with that. Certain people will look ridiculous, others will run around effortlessly killing the new players like flies and capping points at will.

There is something about brackets that gives more satisfaction. More people can feel they achieved something.

in PvP

Posted by: Ever Green.5842

Ever Green.5842

This is not a bad idea, but I think the main issue at the moment is the lack of players in SoloQ, which it needed if you want your system of brackets working well.
One of main problem in this SoloQ is actually the fact of playing most of my time with or against the same players.

Rykerël – Elementalist – Vizunah Square

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

This is not a bad idea, but I think the main issue at the moment is the lack of players in SoloQ, which it needed if you want your system of brackets working well.
One of main problem in this SoloQ is actually the fact of playing most of my time with or against the same players.

I agree. With relatively few players, and with a “clump” of skilled, very active players at the top, they rule the SoloQ. If you want shorter wait times, you have to play against them, they are available right now for a lopsided matchup. And the lower-ranked players lose.

If you want an even match, you have to wait until 9 other people near your MMR are queued up.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

There is NOT ENOUGH playerbase for you to do divisions or even a more filtered matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

make different leagues yea! wood league, copper league, ironleague, bronze league, silver league, gold league, master legue and grandmasterleague….

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m not bothering with SoloQ until the meta is fixed.

What’s the point?

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.