SoloQ top 1000

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

When one team has a bunker and the other doesn’t, and the team with the bunker has a 2 cap, does it make sense to push the 3rd point? Why do my top 1,000 teams do this instead of reinforcing the ones we have. Why do our points get free capped with no defenders while my teammates push an MM on far?

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Probably because they expect the poor ranger to hold homepoint for them.

In all seriousness, top 1000 isn’t high enough to expect proper high level strategy from players. The population is too small for top 1000 to be extremely meaningful. I still see the same mistakes when I solo queue in top 100.

Ranger | Elementalist

(edited by Ryan.9387)

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Because the matchmaking is pretty bad (due to either their algorithm or the substantial lack of players) so being in the top 1,000 doesn’t matter too much.

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

cause it’s solo queue and rank doesn’t mean jack you can be top 10 and still get matched with people who aren’t even on lb. My favourite games are when we are winning by over 100 then my team starts zerging 1 point and we get 3 capped and lose.

I had a mesmer sit on top of home all game saying he was bunking it. Safe to say we were outnumbered every fight. Sad part is he didn’t even have portal.

The mmr is flawed constantly you’ll see people with barely more than 10 games played in the leaderboards and I constantly get matched with them it most comes down to luck. Feels like this game is still in beta no leagues/seasons/resets

(edited by RoRo.8270)

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Even teams of players that top esl each week play for three points in solo q. Probably because it’s fun XD

Phaatonn, London UK

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Pushing far point makes sense if your team is competent enough.

I seriously hate people who get two nodes and then just sit there waiting for the whole enemy team of 5 to come to contest it again.

Moving the fight on their home point when you have a bunker is way better than having the fight on your nodes and risk a decap.

A single, competent person is enough to watch two nodes and if the team is competent enough, you can easily count the enemies and estimate the respawn timer to know when the enemy is going to push your close point.

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Pushing far point makes sense if your team is competent enough.

I seriously hate people who get two nodes and then just sit there waiting for the whole enemy team of 5 to come to contest it again.

Moving the fight on their home point when you have a bunker is way better than having the fight on your nodes and risk a decap.

A single, competent person is enough to watch two nodes and if the team is competent enough, you can easily count the enemies and estimate the respawn timer to know when the enemy is going to push your close point.

It differs per match. A lot of players dont have the awareness, build or skilllevel to be able to disengage at far when its needed either. In a lot of matches ive seen situations like this:

- Initial teamfight is won quite easily
- 3 or 4 push far and end up wiping at far vs pretty much their entire team (+flood of extra resses since its near the opposing teams resspoint).
- Match snowballs in the other teams favour.

Without the sustain of a good bunker (as you mentioned) and maybe a hambow I wouldnt risk to much to be honest.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Soloq is full of bads. No amount of MMR can escape it.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

Earlier today the person ranked #1 in soloQ had 8 wins and 4 losses.

I laugh at you for thinking the leaderboard means anything at all.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

Earlier today the person ranked #1 in soloQ had 8 wins and 4 losses.

I laugh at you for thinking the leaderboard means anything at all.

Attachments:

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

SoloQ is often treated the same as TeamQ, but its a whole different beast.

Notice how builds have to be separated? what works in one might be a failure in the other. SoloQ has lots of new players, lots of kill hunters, lots of capping points and leaving them undefended.

I went on my ranger, home point holding, so outside of the odd fight I could see how the team was moving. Every time without fail, they would cap the middle, then 3 would push off to far, 1 ends up fighting in nowhere, the other 2 get killed, the one guy left on mid gets destroyed, and them bam, I will getting 3-4 players on my home point (their far point) trying to take me down. All I have to do is hold out long enough for my team to respawn and help out.

Honestly, build a bunker of some sort, tell them you will take home point. Watch how they move, you can tell who is decent and who isn’t (aside from the PVE skins of course). You will wonder if they ever look at the score and notice they are losing.

I honestly think your chances of winning in SoloQ are about the same as a coin toss. Sometimes you will get enough decent players to make an impact.

In fact, it would be interesting to see some win/loss data on SoloQ. How many teams win within say a 150 point margin, and how many times does it go further than that. I bet you at least 50% of matches are stomps from one side or the other.

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I’d say it takes communication before the match. Never assume your team knows what they’re doing. A lot of guys have skill but not knowledge on how to use it in pvp. (Many have come from WvW and so can duel the heck out of anyone, but don’t understand point capping strategies.) Generally I try and “force” my team to figure out what they’re going to do before we even start the match. Now, don’t be all bossy about it, but let people know it takes good strategy to win. I’ve generally found good success with this. I’m not sure what my recent ratio is but it feels as if I win about 2/3 of the games I play so if that’s true, it’s worth a shot right?

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Probably because they expect the poor ranger to hold homepoint for them.

In all seriousness, top 1000 isn’t high enough to expect proper high level strategy from players. The population is too small for top 1000 to be extremely meaningful. I still see the same mistakes when I solo queue in top 100.

SHOOTER! GET OFF THE FORUMS AND GO CAP HOME!! and sit on it…

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

it helps if you ask people, like as a favor, rather than tell them what to do.

“ranger can you please grab home?”

rather than

“ranger go home”

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

rather than

“ranger go home”

I prefer the cruuk approach
“leave far and treb to me /
leave far and treb to me /
leave far and treb to me”
scrub pushes far
“omg you kittening suck”
cruuk DCs

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

rather than

“ranger go home”

Yeah bro we should totally take the time during a match while fighting to double the length of what we’re typing for the sole reason of the level of courtesy you’d probably expect to find in victorian era dinner parties. You’ve got it. Perfect sense, because good manners is of utmost importance during a match, if everyone used good manners rather than neutral tones everyone on the enemy team would drop dead immediately.

Why don’t you just assume that someone would ask nicely had they the time?

I had this guy in yolo q yesterday focusing a bunker warr and letting a condi nec freecast. I tried targetting him, I tried saying “focus nec” in chat, I tried banishing the war away and then going back to the nec, he still kept beating on this 75% HP bunker war and then called me pretentious after we both died. Are you telling me if I stopped to type

“Hello my dear friend! Please heed my advice, it would be of the utmost importance to one if you were to direct your glorious self in the direction of the necromancer! Thank you, o majestic one! I am truely lucky to have been graced by your presence”

while being molested by the necromancer, then he would have listened? Both impractical and rediculous.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

rather than

“ranger go home”

Yeah bro we should totally take the time during a match while fighting to double the length of what we’re typing for the sole reason of the level of courtesy you’d probably expect to find in victorian era dinner parties. You’ve got it. Perfect sense, because good manners is of utmost importance during a match, if everyone used good manners rather than neutral tones everyone on the enemy team would drop dead immediately.

Why don’t you just assume that someone would ask nicely had they the time?

I had this guy in yolo q yesterday focusing a bunker warr and letting a condi nec freecast. I tried targetting him, I tried saying “focus nec” in chat, I tried banishing the war away and then going back to the nec, he still kept beating on this 75% HP bunker war and then called me pretentious after we both died. Are you telling me if I stopped to type

“Hello my dear friend! Please heed my advice, it would be of the utmost importance to one if you were to direct your glorious self in the direction of the necromancer! Thank you, o majestic one! I am truely lucky to have been graced by your presence”

while being molested by the necromancer, then he would have listened? Both impractical and rediculous.

1. I’m specifically talking about before the match starts the opening strategy
2. “can you” and “please” do not take long to type
3. if the coordination is better, the few extra seconds is more than worth it.

you’re imagining some idealistic fantasy world where everyone is rational. I’m speaking from personal experience in this horribly flawed virtual reality we call GW2.

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I’d say it takes communication before the match. Never assume your team knows what they’re doing. A lot of guys have skill but not knowledge on how to use it in pvp. (Many have come from WvW and so can duel the heck out of anyone, but don’t understand point capping strategies.) Generally I try and “force” my team to figure out what they’re going to do before we even start the match. Now, don’t be all bossy about it, but let people know it takes good strategy to win. I’ve generally found good success with this. I’m not sure what my recent ratio is but it feels as if I win about 2/3 of the games I play so if that’s true, it’s worth a shot right?

I start every match with “Hi”. Then some random comment such as “we going to kick kitten right”.. Followed by my personal opinion of the map strategy. (such as pay attention to that orb or assessing if we will be able to control laser and suggesting counter play if not) etc..

Throughout the match I’ll just say things like “orb orb orb” or “pls don’t fight off point pass them up”.. Being polite and not accusatory.. It has seemed to have very positive effects more often then not.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

SoloQ top 1000

in PvP

Posted by: derbaer.1284

derbaer.1284

I am totally with solstice an dank on this one.

There is no need to be overly formal, but it is a psychologically proven fact, that humans are much more willing to do as you wish, when you word your concerns in a respectful manner, than in a neutral tone. This is by no means a concious decision of the people you talk to in game. But if you would examine how many players actually did what you asked them to do either in a neutral, or in a polite tone, Im absolutley sure you would find bigger numbers in the latter group.