Soloq seems slightly better after the patch

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Since they nerfed smurfing, I’ve been winning a higher percentage of my soloq games. Anyone else noticed this?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Operator.6523

Operator.6523

just won 1 out of 1 game i can confirm

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

just won 1 out of 1 game i can confirm

100% win ratio op, something has to be nerfed.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Same kitten. What i noticed is that i won2 matches in stronghold and in both cases won 3 pips.. something is wrong here really unless mmr is different for this mode or what?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

i just went from losing n winning 50/50 all day till getting winstreaks up to 10, so yeah def a much better improvement. Still to early to tell tho. Only downside is when facing premades, but we know the drill.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Seems like the terrible matchmaking seeped its way into unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Got worse for me, full team of diamonds vs full team of rubies -_-

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Yup. Worse here too.

in PvP

Posted by: capnkewl.5019

capnkewl.5019

Lost 5 pips in 3 matches after switch. but it “appears” balanced based on divisions… We were pretty much outclassed on the two pip loses though…

in PvP

Cynz.9437

yeah……… idk what was fixed really, apparently ruby and sapphire equal legend xD~

Attachments:

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

My speculation is that the MMR factor is actually showing up now. You can have high mmr in a lower division.
Matches have gotten ‘easier’ since the division is full of amber shopper rank ups. And they are on the same mmr but not actually as good as the mmr thinks.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

My speculation is that the MMR factor is actually showing up now. You can have high mmr in a lower division.
Matches have gotten ‘easier’ since the division is full of amber shopper rank ups. And they are on the same mmr but not actually as good as the mmr thinks.

That’s who I’m afraid of getting paired with next season when I try ranking back up :( Team queuing should hedge against that.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

It got easier by a lot over the weekend. The same day they posted about the next season’s changes. I have been stuck t5-6 ruby since before xmas and over 24 hrs I got 9 pips to get into diamond and now I’m tire 3 diamond. So ye things have changed for the better for me.

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

ye it s so great when i am legend and i get amber party and lost 2,3 pips.so worth

in PvP

vlad.4871

ye so great when i am in legend and get in my team amber party and loose 2,3 pips.

in PvP

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

just started with ranked pvp but it doesn’t seem so fair :P

Attachments:

in PvP

Cynz.9437

1 word: Stronghold

All is Vain~

in PvP

vlad.4871

that guys are premade who are doing just stronghold.

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Seems like it has been worse.

Also, it is a joke that stronghold is part of ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

that guys are premade who are doing just stronghold.

Yeah, cool dudes just carried me 2 matches to legend 2×. I wasnt even playing..soo ez xd

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Aldnoah.1567

Aldnoah.1567

So some guy in my last match thought it was a great idea to q up with two of his lower division friends. Of course they got smacked and in the process making everyone lose 2 pips. GG anet GG

in PvP

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

1 word: Stronghold

I like stronghold

Yeah, cool dudes just carried me 2 matches to legend 2×. I wasnt even playing..soo ez xd

You’re the kitten charr rev who wouldnt let me treb in peace

(edited by Terimac.5871)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

So some guy in my last match thought it was a great idea to q up with two of his lower division friends. Of course they got smacked and in the process making everyone lose 2 pips. GG anet GG

I predicted this.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Good. This is actually the only good part of the new matchmaking.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

No

Result is that less players will be able to play together = drop in popularity. A result of that drop is that matchmaking will be worse since anet wants to keep q times short.

Is that a good thing in your eyes?

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No

Result is that less players will be able to play together = drop in popularity. A result of that drop is that matchmaking will be worse since anet wants to keep q times short.

Is that a good thing in your eyes?

You think that ambers/sapphires being matched against legend because that legend grouped with 2 ambers (who weren’t real ambers skillwise to begin with…) would result in increase of popularity? Dream on…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Locuz.2651

You think that ambers/sapphires being matched against legend because that legend grouped with 2 ambers (who weren’t real ambers skillwise to begin with…) would result in increase of popularity? Dream on…

Yes since everyone who queues with someone from another div is an abuser right?

This patch stops abuse but makes the game unplayable unless your entire team is the same in terms of skilllevel and div. AND ppl will get crazy number of pips vs mediocre teams since they have 1 good player.

Do you think its fair u get the same number of pips vs the abjured as u get vs a random mixed div guild team with players varrying from legend to amber?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

This patch stops abuse but makes the game unplayable unless your entire team is the same in terms of skilllevel and div. AND ppl will get crazy number of pips vs mediocre teams since they have 1 good player.

Do you think its fair u get the same number of pips vs the abjured as u get vs a random mixed div guild team with players varrying from legend to amber?

Like you would get matched up with the abjured. Anyways I really like the patch, every match has been a breeze vs other diamonds.

Also division doesnt matter, what matters is the level and quality of your plays, in any competitive league people of similar lv group up. When you group up with low lv friends in a league thats bad for competition and should be punished.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I think people didn’t get the meaning of the fix.
Division counts as 50% of your score in the matchmaking (other 50% is MMR)
While queuing in party your “division” was averaged between the other of the group (that’s why people used to party with ambers, so that in the end they would count as 2 sapphires, o rubies).
No the party average is the highest division in the party (amber+diamond = diamond).
Other stuff hasn’t changed.

In the future tho they’ll give more weight to the division (i guess) and probably make some adjustments in pug vs premade scenario.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in PvP

Locuz.2651

While queuing in party your “division” was averaged between the other of the group (that’s why people used to party with ambers, so that in the end they would count as 2 sapphires, o rubies).
No the party average is the highest division in the party (amber+diamond = diamond).

In the future tho they’ll give more weight to the division (i guess) and probably make some adjustments in pug vs premade scenario.

I think you dont get that other ppl do get this “fix”.

Id say its a bad thing, since all the non abusive mixed groups are basicly kittened. They will get matched vs far better teams than their average teamdiv/skill.

Like you would get matched up with the abjured. Anyways I really like the patch, every match has been a breeze vs other diamonds.

In fact i would. Im at the higher end of the MMR spectrum/leaderboard (was top 7 on my old US alt pre dec 14 patch etc) If i would q with ppl from the PvX guild i was in it would be a disaster. They struggle and get 1v2ed vs random ruby players let alone vs top end players

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Gewd.8125

Gewd.8125

People told me they are winning more, but I am seeing really bad legendary players now. Probably because they can’t smurf anymore. It is really awful.

in PvP

DutchRiders.2871

Id say its a bad thing, since all the non abusive mixed groups are basicly kittened. They will get matched vs far better teams than their average teamdiv/skill.

Either they step up, split or go unranked the solution is easy. Lemme ask you this, if you play with a group of friends mainly, how is it possible 4 are Amber and the other is legendary? Clearly you did not play that much with them. As such I would suggest to the legendary to do what he did most of the season, group up with different people or soloq.

in PvP

DutchRiders.2871

In fact i would. Im at the higher end of the MMR spectrum/leaderboard (was top 7 on my old US alt pre dec 14 patch etc) If i would q with ppl from the PvX guild i was in it would be a disaster. They struggle and get 1v2ed vs random ruby players let alone vs top end players

The game still considers team MMR and honestly teams like the abjured hardly queu up together, they would be in q for 2 hours. So I doubt you would fight the abjured, if it is 1 of the abjured and you are similar MMR the system is working.

Do you think its fair that a skilled player like yourself gets matched up with an average emerald/ruby team cause you queu with amber friends ?

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Either they step up, split or go unranked the solution is easy. Lemme ask you this, if you play with a group of friends mainly, how is it possible 4 are Amber and the other is legendary? Clearly you did not play that much with them. As such I would suggest to the legendary to do what he did most of the season, group up with different people or soloq.

Besides the personal interest of the players who are queueing. The matchamking itself makes no sense if you match a full legendary team with a mixed group of players.

AND at times its not up to you.

2 games ago i had a duoq team in my team while soloqing myself. One of the duoq was legend, other was sapphire. Sapphire guy probs died 20 times during a single game. While its bad for them its also bad for the guys who didnt make the decision to queueu up with a beginner….the rest of us.

A good MMR system should match u with and vs ppl of similar skilllevel and experience. This isnt the case with this new fix.

Do you think its fair that a skilled player like yourself gets matched up with an average emerald/ruby team cause you queu with amber friends ?

Thats only an issue if its intentional abuse. If the amber is in fact a true beginner id say a sapphire/ruby matchup would be hard enough for him allready.

After this fix hell get matched vs full teams of legendary players.

Basicly excludes a lot of players from playing together.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

nacario.9417

Besides the personal interest of the players who are queueing. The matchamking itself makes no sense if you match a full legendary team with a mixed group of players.

AND at times its not up to you.

2 games ago i had a duoq team in my team while soloqing myself. One of the duoq was legend, other was sapphire. Sapphire guy probs died 20 times during a single game. While its bad for them its also bad for the guys who didnt make the decision to queueu up with a beginner….the rest of us.

A good MMR system should match u with and vs ppl of similar skilllevel and experience. This isnt the case with this new fix.

but the lesser evil is that ppl in generall will queue less frequent with “lowbies” as the gain is gone. Now only those who for example are close friends may queue. This should result in less cases where u lose cuz of big gaphs between players.

Power Ranger PvP

in PvP

Locuz.2651

but the lesser evil is that ppl in generall will queue less frequent with “lowbies” as the gain is gone. Now only those who for example are close friends may queue. This should result in less cases where u lose cuz of big gaphs between players.

You guys make it sound as if there are only 2 options….

There are games that succesfully implemented a system with a personal rating/mmr. Where u have no abuse like this and teams get matched vs equals.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Fatallion.5389

Fatallion.5389

No more mmr abusers thats true, but state of games sinked like Titanic. Soloq gives me “diamonds” on team with no brain or skill and just zerging all around and losing matches. I had a plan on going for legendary but with state of games currently in my mmr, it’s impossible, nobody can carry 2-3 total newbies every single game.

Basically, whichever team has less “diamonds” wins.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

So finally the problem is not the matchmaking but the fact that skill cap and league position are not correlated because players can grind the league.

in PvP

nacario.9417

After doing more games its still the same in terms of 50 50 win loss ratio, tho now theres more often two dias n three lower ones n the skill differences within one team can be quite large, making soloq a pain, as it already was.

Power Ranger PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Monica.9701

Monica.9701

I didn’t know they patched something, but before I had a 50/50 win lose streak and now I suddenly won multiple games in a row. So I guess it’s better now.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Since they nerfed smurfing, I’ve been winning a higher percentage of my soloq games. Anyone else noticed this?

Is this a serious question? you were losing before so therefore soloq was broken?

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

You need to get out of this fantasy world where experienced pvp’ers group all the time with there buddies who are complete noobs to the game in ranked pvp. I am not saying it doesn’t happen but its extremely rare. The fix for smurfing was needed and if it effects a small amount of the population negatively so be it. Yes in fact most of the extreme high low group pairings were smurfing. YES IT WAS.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

+1 This. whenever i hear of a Diamond/Legendary player saying “oh no now i cant q with my Amber friends in ranked anymore….ANET is not letting me q with friends”

Well they obviously didnt queue with them that much before otherwise they would be Diamond/Legendary by now or at least ruby. You’re not fooling anyone.

So go play ranked with your “usual team” or go unranked with your friends. Or they need to accept the price of playing with you is harder matchups in ranked.

Leave the poor soloq players a chance to play without getting farmed by abusers. Thats what this “amber shopping” patch is supposed to fix.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Leave the poor soloq players a chance to play without getting farmed by abusers. Thats what this “amber shopping” patch is supposed to fix.

You want easy pips u mean?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

You want easy pips u mean?

Dude what are you smoking? I want fair challenge. Diamond teaming with an amber friend who was on an alt account was the one getting easy pips….

This was blatant manipulation and was rampant in season one. If you dont believe it, im sorry but either you are really naive or just salty because you benefitted from the Amber shopping abusers.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

nacario.9417

just lost a pip to this, kinda strange seeing we had 2 rubys n they 3 legendaries

Attachments:

Power Ranger PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

It’s not weird at all. You had zero rubies. One was boosted to Diamond and the other was boosted to Legendary due to their parties. 100% intended.

(edited by Celeras.4980)