Soloq: where you belong

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I think i figured out where this “where you belong” is located. Where you belong is where you can carry absolutely horrendous teammates by yourself.

Fair matchmaking does not exist in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I am currently getting lots of losses in low silver. Totally uncarriable feeders that don´t listen to anny strategy or tactics change. It feels like at least half the team doesn´t care about winning.
A player that doesn´t tryhard to win a match shoudl never set a foot in ranked. A PvE or WvW player should hit a training barrier before entering ranked and never get rewards on losses. It is RANKED for COMPETATIVE play.

Why does ANET make a promising and good system and then kitten it up with sending everyone in for rewards even on losses, do placments higly volatile. I could´t get out of it with a 9 win streak then it threw me back with a loss streak loosing more points on a loss then i gained per win. If the matches are good and close OK but some matches a unbearable and i can hold a pont 1.3 the whole match and loose by 200 points. Last i held 2 mins alone, then two came to help me in the 1:3 and whiped on point in 10 seconds. WTF. Needless to say that we lost the point they left.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

It feels like at least half the team doesn´t care about winning.

Because they don’t. Pips are being given even if you lose so there is no point to try hard because you will get your ascended armor and 65535 dyes anyway, just a little bit more time/grind. Low tiers are being extremely damaged by that kind of “players”.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

One of the biggest problems is having to carry other people. Think about it this way. Bad players that dont belong in higher ranks are being carried to those ranks by much better players. So even in gold/plat, you’ll have trash pve players farming that don’t belong there. So this argument of, “oh don’t worry, theyll just drop down to bronze where they belong.” is total BS. Bad players will get carried high simply because of the fact you have to carry them if you want to win. So even in higher tiers, you’re still stuck with garbage players, atleast until everyone gets their ascended armor.

in PvP

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

Do you think that you get bad teams more often than your enemy? Do you have the worse team more than 50% of the time?

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

Do you think that you get bad teams more often than your enemy? Do you have the worse team more than 50% of the time?

I do actually. Having team that doesn’t instantly wipe at mid is rare. Having team that doesn’t feed far is rare. Having team that doesn’t fight on roads all match is rare. Having team that actually defends points is extremely rare.

On other hand i get teammates that stomp clones, die to Svanir, let enemy decap points right in front of them, absolutely ignore map pings that indicate enemy movement and just run around on roads, don’t focus target, attempt to solo lord all match, thieves that attempt to 1v1 enemy ranger/scrapper on… enemy’s point etc.

I should start to record my matches and make potato compilation.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

Ok, that does sound weird indeed. How many games it has been like that?

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

Ok, that does sound weird indeed. How many games it has been like that?

For 30+ or so now. I did one stupid mistake to play at night, i assume my MMR dropped thanks to it and now it is just never ending loss streak with few wins in between.

My alt account (which is this one and which doesn’t have Hot and ironically has to play core builds) is sitting in same division and has way better experience so far.

Same player, same class, same division, different accounts – absolutely different experience in matches.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

I main a Mesmer and I’ve been utterly amazed at how many people can’t tell the difference between the player and clone in downstate. In combat I understand how it can be confusing, but it is so obvious in down state. The only reason a player wouldn’t be able to tell difference is they don’t play pvp enough or don’t care enough to learn.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

If you want to kill/stomp mesmer player it’s the second that appears is the true mesmer.

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

If you want to kill/stomp mesmer player it’s the second that appears is the true mesmer.

Kind of, the actual mes has arrow icon above their name. But yeah, tell that to my teammates.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Kind of, the actual mes has arrow icon above their name. But yeah, tell that to my teammates.

its funny when it happens to your benefit though. I’ve had people try to stomp my downed clone only to be downed themselves by the phantasmal rogue, then get stomped by one of my teammates.

in PvP

Posted by: chibi.2537

chibi.2537

I main a Mesmer and I’ve been utterly amazed at how many people can’t tell the difference between the player and clone in downstate. In combat I understand how it can be confusing, but it is so obvious in down state. The only reason a player wouldn’t be able to tell difference is they don’t play pvp enough or don’t care enough to learn.

Oh my god, so much yes. I’m currently playing mesmer, a little change from ranger. And i laugh when I’m downed. Yesterday I was downed so long I created 3 clones and one backstabber (or whatever it’s called) and eventualy ressed myself, it was on Niflhel mid. I was laughing so hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I do actually. Having team that doesn’t instantly wipe at mid is rare. Having team that doesn’t feed far is rare. Having team that doesn’t fight on roads all match is rare. Having team that actually defends points is extremely rare.

On other hand i get teammates that stomp clones, die to Svanir, let enemy decap points right in front of them, absolutely ignore map pings that indicate enemy movement and just run around on roads, don’t focus target, attempt to solo lord all match, thieves that attempt to 1v1 enemy ranger/scrapper on… enemy’s point etc.

I don’t understand what you guys are doing, but I have a team that wipes instantly only in 1 of 20 matches. Gold 1 currently.

in PvP

Posted by: Dreamer.1952

Dreamer.1952

I don’t understand what you guys are doing, but I have a team that wipes instantly only in 1 of 20 matches. Gold 1 currently.

Its RNG Luck. Since two days i have nice matches. 15 matches 3 lost. The 3 matches I lost where close and I had my fun and nothing big to say, we fought we lost.

But before that I had horrible matches with 50% win loose because of afkers, non cappers, Trolls…..

I just hope I wont get Bad RNG Luck again and struggle with craps in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’ve lost nearly 500 rating points because Anet put new players into my Average player tier…

I, the average player, is not good enough to carry a bunch of kittenin plebs which means my games are generally losses and losing more with every new r-kitten I get on my team that doesn’t even want to fight on point.

Sorry I sound angry, but this system is extremely detrimental to the Average player.

I was actually having good games but now I find myself yelling at 4 players to either stop dying or start rotating because having 4 people fight 2 off point is never going to help my team win a game of Conquest.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

It seems more and more people are seeing the light. I know I did.

The leagues are a joke.