Solution to Current Meta

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Storms Fury.9307

Storms Fury.9307

The main overarching problem is excessive defense such that most builds are implicitly pushed out due to their inferiority to other builds that have superior survivability

The 2 main problems of this consists of:

1.) Excessive Toughness
2.) Excessive Blocking (skills that block unlimited attacks from all sides for a duration)

The Solution:

1.) Remove or Change all Amulets so that None Exist with Toughness anymore.
(Toughness can only be acquired via Runes or Traits)

2.) All blocks must be nerfed in at least 1 of the following 2 ways:

-Either the Block only blocks from the front like shield of courage but may block an unlimited amount of attacks for its duration.

-Or the Block is allowed to block from all sides but similar to Shield of Wrath only blocks X amount of attacks.

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

What happens then? Thieves only in spvp? P/P mainly?

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Just… no.
Sorry but how little an amount of toughness do you want to get?

Most runes don’t give you more than, what, 125? Traits? How many really give you toughness, most react to toughness if anything.

And restricting blocking like that? Okay, how about restricting evades then, because i feel perma-evade daredevils are just as bad as blocking all the time is.

And quite honestly, i haven’t seen block as that much of an issue.
DH is already limited, most block skills have a set duration between 2 and 3 seconds or a few charges.

The bigger issue right now, at least for me, is the fact that quite a few of the meta builds work on the principle of two class mechanics at once, like Chronomancer Illusion, or Berserker Discipline.

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Toughness isn’t an issue imo. It doesn’t scale that well, and you can usually forgo it since a lot of the damage in PvP is passive these days (conditions) in exchange for vitality and healing power. If you really want to attack sustain, start with the traits and utilities (this is especially the case with tempest: all of their sustain comes from protection, healing power, and regeneration/cleanse traits.) Warrior has ridiculous healing resistance access. Idk where engineer sustain comes from but I’m pretty sure they spec marauder

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

The real issue is condi cancer induced AIDS… the “Bunker meta” isn’t as much of a thing anymore, it’s still there… It just isn’t the main issue.

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Well I think condi bunker is a result of the powercreep. Everything is AoE spam so people want to be tanky. Condi DPS is good against everything. You can be tanky while dealing great damage and AoE spam so it’s 3 birds with one stone.

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

I smell a thief main, who is unhappy he can’t 100-0 some classes in 2 sec or less.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Toughness isn’t an issue in and of itself.
Bunkers being able to constantly support/heal allies while keeping themselves going are problematic, but there is only one big offender in that regard.
Condition abuse is mostly prevalent due to 2 or 3 professions, but their power builds also need some adjusting to make them more attractive.
Some passive effects are too strong. While there’s nothing wrong with having them, a few may need their potency looked at.
the Meta’s current state of affairs is really a complex issue that cant be solved with just taking things away.

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

The main overarching problem is excessive defense such that most builds are implicitly pushed out due to their inferiority to other builds that have superior survivability

The 2 main problems of this consists of:

1.) Excessive Toughness
2.) Excessive Blocking (skills that block unlimited attacks from all sides for a duration)

The Solution:

1.) Remove or Change all Amulets so that None Exist with Toughness anymore.
(Toughness can only be acquired via Runes or Traits)

2.) All blocks must be nerfed in at least 1 of the following 2 ways:

-Either the Block only blocks from the front like shield of courage but may block an unlimited amount of attacks for its duration.

-Or the Block is allowed to block from all sides but similar to Shield of Wrath only blocks X amount of attacks.

Oh kitttennn… Scissor want to Delete ROCK.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

I smell a thief main, who is unhappy he can’t 100-0 some classes in 2 sec or less.

Jesus your signature is cringy. l2p

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You can’t start fixing pvp until you start nerfing the insane HoT powercreep, which is evident IN EVERY CLASS, ACROSS THE BOARD.

ANet is unwilling to take away PvE players “shinies” though, so I have 0 hope this will ever happedn. Instead, they will just power-creep stuff more and pigeon-hole every class into only 1 build/role even more.

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Yeah, everyone is quite defensive, even the damage carries like Reaper/Revenant/Warrior/Mesmer/Dragonhunter. Tons of stability, sustain, blocks. Thief obviously doesn’t, but is completely held in check by sustain and blocks. The supports like Druid/Scrapper/Tempest all have unique levels of damage/group sustain/personal survival/reviving strength, but they’re overall too defensive as well.

If defense was nerfed across the board, that’d be great. As long as Thief was re-evaluated as well.

Balance patch fears, ArenaNet nerfs personal survivability of more support oriented classes heavily, but doesn’t nerf the personal survivability of damage carries.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Wut…remove toughness as a stat on amulets? OP, whatever you’re smoking, I don’t want any. I want to keep my logical thinking.

I agree though that there are too many blocking skills in the game that block for long durations. Even after Chronomancer shield nerfs, they’re still amazing. But if damage wasn’t so high, we wouldn’t need those long duration blocks. That and toughness is the only thing keep anyone alive right now against power builds. Without those, power builds would dominate and condition builds would continue to dominate along with them.

Also, Scrappers are still insanely OP. What you’re asking would indirectly buff their damage, as well as Thieves who already do unacceptable damage.

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Wut…remove toughness as a stat on amulets? OP, whatever you’re smoking, I don’t want any. I want to keep my logical thinking.

I agree though that there are too many blocking skills in the game that block for long durations. Even after Chronomancer shield nerfs, they’re still amazing. But if damage wasn’t so high, we wouldn’t need those long duration blocks. That and toughness is the only thing keep anyone alive right now against power builds. Without those, power builds would dominate and condition builds would continue to dominate along with them.

Also, Scrappers are still insanely OP. What you’re asking would indirectly buff their damage, as well as Thieves who already do unacceptable damage.

Obviously ArenaNet wouldn’t remove all toughness amulets, that’d be a bit silly, hey, but for an incredibly clunky implementation, I can see why the OP thought it’d be a step in the right direction, overall.

A symptom post of too much power damage hate in the game

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Solution to Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

you can give as much solutions you want if the don’t listen ??