Some Timewarp Counters.

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

Helpfully arranged by class.

Warrior: Endure pain + Increased stance duration + Axe/Mace, Axe/Shield, or Greatsword. Fear me as a bonus.

6.25 seconds of damage immunity. 2s stun, potentially AoE. Tons of burst damage. Timewarp has a 10 second duration. You’re playing a tanky class. Bonus points if you took the trait that makes it auto activate at 25% health. You can, and should walk right in there, and start bursting people while they can’t do a thing about it. Afterall, if they leave the small area that timewarp is affecting, they lose the bonus. Add your two dodge rolls to this, and you can be immune to damage for the ENTIRE duration. With a cooldown more than twice as short.

Guardian: Save Yourselves + Shield offhand + anti projectile defenses.

They hit you, they take damage. You take less damage, you already regen. You use projectile shield to force them out of the timewarp if they want to attack you. Not really ideal, but retaliation is good in general.

Ranger: Um… yeah, running away probably. Ranger isn’t that strong of a class, or one I know that well.

Engineer: Knockback turrets + ranged deployment turrets + More knockbacks. Also grenades with range bonus.

They can’t attack you if they’re CC’d. They can’t attack as fast if they’re out of timewarp. Also, 1500 range lets you sit 300 units beyond the range of everyone in timewarp.

Thief: Stealth. Dagger/Dagger dual skill.

Spam invuns, stay out of sight. You can pretty much pop shadow refuge just outside of timewarp, and be safe unless there’s something like an engineer that can literally spam ground targeted skills. Or you can just creep around them with stealth and wait for it to wear off.

Elementalist: Bunker build.

You’re already obscenely tanky. Sure, they might get -you-, but if they, even in timewarp, have to throw all their cooldowns at you then auto you, odds are your four allies are going to kill them anyway.

Necromancer: Fear. Lots and lots of fear.

They walk out of timewarp, they lose quickness time. Also, group CC, they can’t move if you spam it.

Mesmer. Blurred frenzy/ distortion if possible.

Everyone. Back off, wait the ten seconds out.

It’s ground targted, it isn’t chasing you, it has a long cooldown, and the area isn’t too big. Two dodge rolls will probably get you a decent amount of the way. Battlestandard + Endure pain is 100% chance of rezzing entire groups. Guardians and elementalists can take entire groups and live for obscene lengths of time. Thieves can disengage from combat at a whim. You can’t counter any of these by simply moving out of range. It’s strong, sure, but it’s certainly not gamebreaking.

Oh, and fun little fact, cooldowns don’t cool off any faster in it. Chilled still works wonders.

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Some good suggestions. I chuckled a little bit when you suggested an engi’s turrets, though.

I think the beef people have with this skill is that no team will join a paid tourney without it. It’s not really a big deal outside paids. Sure, there are ways to survive it, but nobody likes mandatory.

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

AnemoneMeer.7182

Some good suggestions. I chuckled a little bit when you suggested an engi’s turrets, though.

I think the beef people have with this skill is that no team will join a paid tourney without it. It’s not really a big deal outside paids. Sure, there are ways to survive it, but nobody likes mandatory.

It’s not really all that manditory though, more a matter of people not countering it right. It’s not going to chase you, so it’s a simple mkatter of hanging back ten seconds, then going it. Sure, it can be a clutch skill, but that’s kinda what long cooldown elites are meant to be.

Until you see teams start deploying either warriors specced to be able to ignore damage, or teams falling back for a few seconds once they see timewarp, then pressing the attack after, it’s going to be overpowered due to not being countered.

And yeah, Engi turret is a gimmick build. It’s still a counter, bu grenades are there as the real counter.

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMerc.4850

TheMerc.4850

Helpfully arranged by class.

Warrior: Endure pain + Increased stance duration + Axe/Mace, Axe/Shield, or Greatsword. Fear me as a bonus.

6.25 seconds of damage immunity.

Endure Pain is actually around 3 seconds long.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endure_Pain

With Sure-Footed it can reach 5 seconds long. You do still accumulate conditions and condition damage during that time so it’s not really a hail mary.

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

Posted by: Krizzy.6950

Krizzy.6950

Good time warp counter for condition necros is to trait blind to also chill and pop plague in the timewarp. Chill+blind every second helps negate the damage to team mates

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

AnemoneMeer.7182

Good time warp counter for condition necros is to trait blind to also chill and pop plague in the timewarp. Chill+blind every second helps negate the damage to team mates

Just tested. It’s four seconds. it starts reading 3 on the tooltip for several moments, indicating it would start at 4, and goes to zero seconds for several moments as well, again, indicating it’s 4. Thus it’s 5 with sure footed.

My point still stands. 5 is half of timewarp. Dodge rolls can eat most of the rest, and honestly, if you die in one second to timewarp damage, please kindly put on some armor, nudity doesn’t make you an asset to your team.

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

Complaints aren’t based on the fact that it can’t be countered. Even your counters are not hard counters and can be negated by your opponents reacting to your proposed counters which is quite easy to do while still making use of the time warp.

The problem with time warp is not that it can’t be countered, but that it is such a strong ability that it pretty much forces teams to run mesmers (I would argue that portal is the bigger factor). Timewarp is vastly superior to any other haste ability and I believe it is superior than any other elite in the game.

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMerc.4850

TheMerc.4850

Just tested. It’s four seconds. it starts reading 3 on the tooltip for several moments, indicating it would start at 4, and goes to zero seconds for several moments as well, again, indicating it’s 4. Thus it’s 5 with sure footed.

My point still stands. 5 is half of timewarp. Dodge rolls can eat most of the rest, and honestly, if you die in one second to timewarp damage, please kindly put on some armor, nudity doesn’t make you an asset to your team.

Quoted the wrong guy in that reply, but anyway.

Endure pain isn’t damage immunity like elixer S or distortion, you still get hit with conditions and take condition damage, you just don’t take direct damage until the effect wears off. It isn’t nearly as great as people want it to be.

I found the snide comment about armor hilarious though. But any Mesmer worth his salt is going to wait until someone is downed or in a position where they can’t escape anyhow so this is pretty moot.

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

AnemoneMeer.7182

Quoted the wrong guy in that reply, but anyway.

Endure pain isn’t damage immunity like elixer S or distortion, you still get hit with conditions and take condition damage, you just don’t take direct damage until the effect wears off. It isn’t nearly as great as people want it to be.

I found the snide comment about armor hilarious though. But any Mesmer worth his salt is going to wait until someone is downed or in a position where they can’t escape anyhow so this is pretty moot.

Yeah, I’m aware you still take condition damage. But warrior has the largest base healthpool (Well, tied with necro), so condition damage isn’t as much of a threat, and conditions have a hard cap, meaning most members of a group aren’t going to be running cond builds. Most cond builds can approach hard cap without timewarp, so the actual damage rise is much smaller.

If the mesmer is timewarping to secure a kill over timewarping to win a teamfight, something’s pretty wrong there. Likewise, Battlestandard says hello if they are (Still on warriors).

And yeah, that was more sarcasm at the idea that a warrior can be downed in one second. Personally, I don’t see it happening.

And sorry about the misquote, my bad.

Some Timewarp Counters.

in PvP

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Ranger: Um… yeah, running away probably. Ranger isn’t that strong of a class, or one I know that well.

Yes, Ranger is a OP job, at least we should have a 50% speed passive buff, we must run like rats from all other classes…….