Some new amulets I would like

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Just for the sake of diversity, I would like to see the following amulets in PvP:

Zealot – Power main, prec and heal pw minors
Apostate – Condi main, tough and heal pw minors
Crusader – Power and tough main, fero and heal pw minors
Commander – Power and prec main, tough and con minors

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Commander would be great… /scrapper

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Also for every toughness amulet stat, make a vitality amulet stat equivalent. e.g. Power, precision, vitality, concentration equivalent of Commander stats.

in PvP

Yannir.4132

Just for kicks I’ll add a bit of perspective.

Zealot – Power main, prec and heal pw minors

This amulet would be amazing for glass cannon/support specs, but mostly just for variety. For example, I would totally use this on a DH/Guardian.

Apostate – Condi main, tough and heal pw minors

Would bring an alternative playstyle for ele especially, but druids could work out something fun as well. As condi is the main stat, it wouldn’t even get close to the tankiness of Cleric ammy.

Crusader – Power and tough main, fero and heal pw minors

Another one that could work well for ele but also classes that can bypass precision and add crits by other means.

Commander – Power and prec main, tough and con minors

Obviously a good option for scrappers and revenants. Not too OP since the defensive stats are minor.

All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

the crusader one could backfire as new bunker amulet. As soon as you use toughness + healing and one is main stat eles start getting very tanky + i would expect guardians to step in as well.
Apostate would be a great one. But here i see druids gettign a powertool. Not shure if it would be to much.
I would also like commander. Not shure if this might make scrapper or guardian to stong.

in PvP

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

If I recall, Crusader amulet used to be in the game but was removed.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in PvP

Yannir.4132

the crusader one could backfire as new bunker amulet. As soon as you use toughness + healing and one is main stat eles start getting very tanky + i would expect guardians to step in as well.
Apostate would be a great one. But here i see druids gettign a powertool. Not shure if it would be to much.
I would also like commander. Not shure if this might make scrapper or guardian to stong.

I don’t think Apostate would buff druid directly because of losing Power. Staff would be pretty useless for DPS. And if you want to utilize that condi, you would need to equip a condi weapon set as your second set, losing the free evades from S/D. It would probably be A/D, S/T or A/T.

On Commander, I don’t think it’s a buff for guard. Guards need Vitality. Scrapper is debatable.

All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Seriously, add this so Druid can use conditions… Please! You trashed all our condition builds!

1050 Condition
1050 Healing
560 Precision
560 Vitality

Honestly…. How did you miss this? Sage does not have enough Healing to work anymore, since the scaling on healing was, uh, changed to give us more build diversity….

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I’d like to see some new 3-stat amulets. Something for front-line fighters, maybe call it Fighter’s Amulet, with power main stat and toughness and vitality as secondaries. This would allow builds that could stand on point and soak a lot of damage, but not deal overmuch in return and require outside help for healing due to a lack of healing power. I’d also like to see a new amulet for that healing support, we’ll call it Healer’s Amulet, with healing power main stat and toughness and power secondary stats.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I’d like to see some new 3-stat amulets. Something for front-line fighters, maybe call it Fighter’s Amulet, with power main stat and toughness and vitality as secondaries. This would allow builds that could stand on point and soak a lot of damage, but not deal overmuch in return and require outside help for healing due to a lack of healing power. I’d also like to see a new amulet for that healing support, we’ll call it Healer’s Amulet, with healing power main stat and toughness and power secondary stats.

Yes please! We need more defensive amulets for variety. Better yet, why not bring back Clerics? Clerics was not a problem for the first 4 years, now all of a sudden it’s gone?!

Also, about your fighter amulet, we had one. You literally described it and the stats by the letter. It was Soldiers. It was taken out a few months ago. That one should be brought back, too.

There’s just this strong reaction among players against defensive amulets, I think it’s a hold-over from season 1 bunker specs. It just turned people off.

in PvP

Archon.6480

They banned all amulets that had both a major and minor defensive stat because HoT introduced great active defense on most classes (Mesmer, guard, Druid, scrapper, Revenant, Ele, and warrior). Even thief can (theoretically) bunker through well placed endless evasion.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Condition toughness healing?

Acro condi evasion thief plays ftw.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Archon.6480

:) I would love that combination, but fear Condi Druid would be OP with that.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

:) I would love that combination, but fear Condi Druid would be OP with that.

Why stop there when you could be a Mace/shield shout berserker!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

No way! Those are suspiciously similar to soldier’s and cleric’s amulet, which everyone qq’d about before HoT as they were so imbalanced! They were the real problem, everything would have been fine without HoT if they had just removed those amulets and given every class the ability to be invuln, block,dodge about half the time to make up for it!

They banned all amulets that had both a major and minor defensive stat because HoT introduced great active defense on most classes …

“Great” in that they ruined the fun of pvp for a large number of players and completely murdered build diversity! Its great! Maybe the rest of the community will stop pvp altogether with the next expansion, which will allow everyone to just be invuln and dish out instant damage 100% of the time!!!

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Yes, the amulet was removed a few patches ago.
They don’t want amulet with high defensive stat+healing power.

in PvP

Yannir.4132

What patch was that? Summer balance? I want to check this since I don’t remember ever having this amulet.

All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

What patch was that? Summer balance? I want to check this since I don’t remember ever having this amulet.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crusader_Amulet

On wiki, it was stated as removed in Feb this year. I think it was right before season 2 started when they mass removed bunker amulets. This was in the second wave and it was removed together with vigilant amulet, i think.

I played a remorseless ranger with this amulet for a long time.

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Don’t think there will be amulets made with more than ~1k defensive stats on it.

At most that would be amulets with,

Tripple stat, only 1 defensive stat
Quad stat, 1 major stat or 2 minor stat as defensive.

in PvP

Yannir.4132

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crusader_Amulet

On wiki, it was stated as removed in Feb this year. I think it was right before season 2 started when they mass removed bunker amulets. This was in the second wave and it was removed together with vigilant amulet, i think.

I played a remorseless ranger with this amulet for a long time.

Well that explains why I don’t remember it, I was playing cele ele most of the time it was in the game.

All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

I’d like to see some new 3-stat amulets. Something for front-line fighters, maybe call it Fighter’s Amulet, with power main stat and toughness and vitality as secondaries. This would allow builds that could stand on point and soak a lot of damage, but not deal overmuch in return and require outside help for healing due to a lack of healing power.

The closest you’re gonna get for this is Paladin’s, Soldier’s was already taken out.

(edited by Honest John.4673)

in PvP

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Yes it was cause healing + toughness =broken bunker

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in PvP

Archon.6480

No way! Those are suspiciously similar to soldier’s and cleric’s amulet, which everyone qq’d about before HoT as they were so imbalanced! They were the real problem, everything would have been fine without HoT if they had just removed those amulets and given every class the ability to be invuln, block,dodge about half the time to make up for it!

They banned all amulets that had both a major and minor defensive stat because HoT introduced great active defense on most classes …

“Great” in that they ruined the fun of pvp for a large number of players and completely murdered build diversity! Its great! Maybe the rest of the community will stop pvp altogether with the next expansion, which will allow everyone to just be invuln and dish out instant damage 100% of the time!!!

I should have said “superior.” The word “great” has suffered from semantic diffusion…

Jade Quarry – Esparie