Some people will never learn pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

For constructive part read bottom part.

this is just a funny story/thread ignore it if you want but it will bring a few laughs and maybe even some tears (not really)

I used a trial account for pvp last few days for the jokes and saw some interesting idiots.

these have all happened in q’s at the low level (trial accounts start at the bottom of the barrel for matchmaking)

2 banner warriors trying to bunk far point vs a guard…. the other team owned that point…

4 people rushing the treb… got 3 capped…they failed at killing the treb…

guardian bunkers leave the middle point (which was ours) to fight 1v1 another bunker on their point…

me dying 1v3 on our point 2 people left, their ranger was then supposed to stomp me. she stops her pet from attacking me and lets me self res in front of her…………. she wasn’t dc’d either as I was talking to her during my res… she was even rank 20 something. she didn’t even realize her mistake until I told her.

Anyone else got funnier queues?

CONSTRUCTIVE PART OF THREAD:
There needs to be a guide/tutorial/method of learning pvp. New players get hotjoin (which some don’t even know exists they found the solo q button first). Some don’t want help from other players for masochistic reasons. Where are new players supposed to learn?

Any specific ideas on a better tutorial?

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

I’ve always thought that it would be really cool for new players to be able to spectate and watch replays of high level tournies ingame. I’ve suggested it on the forums before, but a replay system along the lines of starcraft 2 would be phenomenal for the skill and competitiveness of this game.
Going on gw2pvp and trying to find vods of certain plays is really cumbersome.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I think it all takes time. Someone who jumps into PvP is going to spend a lot of time running around in circles when trying to get a hang of the controls. The game does a good job of trying to teach you the basics but it all about whether people listen.

There’s a PvP tutorial the first time you enter the mists. It teaches you how to stomp and all that jazz but the only way an individual is going to learn is if they want to.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

me dying 1v3 on our point 2 people left, their ranger was then supposed to stomp me. she stops her pet from attacking me and lets me self res in front of her…………. she wasn’t dc’d either as I was talking to her during my res… she was even rank 20 something. she didn’t even realize her mistake until I told her.

Maybe she let you revive on purpose? In casual pvp I’d let ppl self res if I was having a fun fight but got interrupted by 2-3 ppl from my side killing him.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

Maybe she let you revive on purpose? In casual pvp I’d let ppl self res if I was having a fun fight but got interrupted by 2-3 ppl from my side killing him.

It was a tournament match not hotjoin.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Ooo I’ve got some stories too:

- Warrior runs into Line of Warding not once. Not twice. THREE TIMES! Then he pops stab after the LoW is done.

- Thief heartseekers 6 times in a row. On the trebuchet. At full health.

- Ele rides the lightning into the water on Temple trying to gap close. Pro style.

- Ranger has 10 stacks of confusion and still uses Crossfire 5 times in a row.

- Ranger uses sword 2 off the edge of a cliff on Skyhammer. Twice in the same match.

- Enemy Thief says “stealing” on map chat at start of match on Niflhel. Proceeds to be buttkittened

- Guardian gets knocked down the stairs by my guard Bunker 3 times in a row and doesn’t dodge the treb.

- Ring of Warding blocks a heartseeker, the stupid thief tries to run past it, heartseekers again and my shield 5 knocks him back.

There are some stupid motherkitteners who play this game

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

lol the ranger with confusion part always makes me laugh.. Love running confusion engi :P

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Yes, a better tutorial would be good. I’d like to see a series of instanced tutorials eventually, but that would take a lot of work to put in.

Also, this game is a lot harder to figure out than most people realize. Sure, there are some easy builds that are popular right now, but learning to manage conditions, memorizing safe stomp/res/counters, figuring out how mesmers and thieves work, understanding how bunkers work, understanding whom to attack in a teamfight without a trinity to make it easy…

And of course, someone playing hotjoin will never really understand most of that.

It’s time we admitted that this game is anything but easy, even though most builds only have ~18 skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

- I see so many people passing near an empty node held by the enemy team and even not caring of easily capturing it. I guess the even don’t notice the node is undefended and it’s of the enemy color

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Remove glorygain from hotjoin, add unrated tournament. Or only reward the winner team.

Last week in soloque i told my team that someone should take close back. Noone listened, so i went for it. Told them that I will win this, defend mid. At the moment when i managed to get the ranger downed, all 4 teammates arrived to stomp the ranger. Even our bunker guard.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

Remove glorygain from hotjoin, add unrated tournament. Or only reward the winner team.

Last week in soloque i told my team that someone should take close back. Noone listened, so i went for it. Told them that I will win this, defend mid. At the moment when i managed to get the ranger downed, all 4 teammates arrived to stomp the ranger. Even our bunker guard.

This is so true…I cringe when this happens.

I laughed out loud when reading this. It is a shame this happened in YOLOq.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

This is so true…I cringe when this happens.

I laughed out loud when reading this. It is a shame this happened in YOLOq.

There should be an IQ test req. for tournaments.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

- Ranger has 10 stacks of confusion and still uses Crossfire 5 times in a row.

Rangers spamming while under craploads of confusion still the best…but that’s the only thing 90% are able to do so not surprising at all…

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

I have so much regen on my ranger that I don’t even have to worry about confusion. In most cases, I just keep firing in order to give my opponent a chance!

in PvP

Archaon.6245

I have so much regen on my ranger that I don’t even have to worry about confusion. In most cases, I just keep firing in order to give my opponent a chance!

Being able to ignore something that should punish spammers hard instead says much about the sotg…

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

There needs to be a guide/tutorial/method of learning pvp. New players get hotjoin (which some don’t even know exists they found the solo q button first). Some don’t want help from other players for masochistic reasons. Where are new players supposed to learn?

The mists already has tutorials on capping, stomping etc. What exactly is it that needs to be taught? I mean, really? It’s standing inside circles better than the other guy. The rest is just on the ground fighting experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

No you don’t. As of right now my condition mesmer’s confusion ticks for 2-3.5k each. So I call bullkitten

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Sometimes i intentionaly don’t stomp people. I just torture them so they can not get back in the fight too soon.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

The mists already has tutorials on capping, stomping etc. What exactly is it that needs to be taught? I mean, really? It’s standing inside circles better than the other guy. The rest is just on the ground fighting experience.

And that’s how you spot someone who has no clue about PvP.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Sometimes i intentionaly don’t stomp people. I just torture them so they can not get back in the fight too soon.

Pretty common in tpvp to make someone downed lose time while leaving his team 4vs5, unless it’s a ranger who (As we all know) can rez himself outhealing any dps with that stupid lick wounds…but this is another, old, story…

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

There needs to be a guide for sure but most of the stuff I see is common sense which alot of people seem to lack…

Some tips:

DO NOT bunker 1v1 on THEIR point. You only need 2 point to win game so if they already have 1 point they have 4 people to fight at one point and we have 4 people to try and cap both. That won’t happen.

Roles need to be clearly defined:
Tired of watching my bunker try to roam and leaves our middle point.

Tired of seeing no one go to hammer on skyhammer and then complain about being killed by it. In skyhammer the hammer means you will win every team fight.

Home point bunker going far point and losing home and dying at far.

People trying to 1v4 at far for 5s dying and thinking they helped the team.

Having 4 thiefs/guards etc for 2 minutes before match but no one changes professions.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

Had a rank 47 fighting 1v1 ENTIRE match vs their bunker on THEIR point. Srsly idiots will never learn.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Tips and tutorials don’t work. Noobs will never pay attention. We need a system where noobs will barely move forward without actually having a clue about things. Hotjoin is highly rewarding for being a noob, while tournaments barely give anything for being good.

If they realize that they shall contribute to the victory if they want to make some progress, they will start to listen and look for ways to improve.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]