Someone DC during placement = loss count

in PvP

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

This is a pet peeve since it’s only 10 matches but kitten …sucks losing a match and counting it towards your placement with someoe dc-ing :/

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Hmm, I suppose it would still count up games played, but ratings are not adjust on forfeits. I suppose they shouldn’t count as a placement game either.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Hmm, I suppose it would still count up games played, but ratings are not adjust on forfeits. I suppose they shouldn’t count as a placement game either.

Be carefull, it has to count for the DC – otherwise everybody DC’s when they lose during the rating match.

Also sometimes i win even with a DC on my team (rarely) it was always bad when i got no pip, when we won but had a DC… (rare case, but happens)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Yeah DC must count, otherwise everyone would just get a friend with a throwaway account to conveniently DC everytime a match goes poorly

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Maybe this way;
If you duo – DC coubts for both (win or lose)
If solo or duo without the DC, only a win counts (maybe even more) and a lose doesn’t count (or not as strong)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Yep, dcs have to count otherwise people just dc when they lose a placement match.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

I had 3 dc’s in my 10 games which undoubtedly cost us the game, 2 of those games we were only 100 points behind.

It put me far lower on the leaderboard because of it and its extremely frustrating.

in PvP

Posted by: TehMagster.9530

TehMagster.9530

I agree some dcs should count but not all of them. I just got out of a match where someone dced right at the start and never came back =_= I wouldn’t be so annoyed if it wasn’t a placement match..

in PvP

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Major crash mid PVP but counted as defeat and then no rewards??

in PvP

Posted by: Sinister.5689

Sinister.5689

Game got stuck at loading screen for my first game of the season. Never even entered the game and about 8 minutes later after restarting the game multiple times, I get back on with dishonor and a loss for my first placement match.

Why do the games start when people fail to connect right from the beginning?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

none in my team or opponent DCed still im missing 2 games. are the MMR the i should have gained in those to games not counted in the leaderboard?

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Why is this even a thing? Everything about dcs, match counting, when how which should get a loss… EVERYTHING was already SOLVED in the old league system.

Why then was this not simply added to the placement matches?

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I wonder if my disconnect on queue pop made my team lose rating.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

The match should count as a loss if you or your duoque partner gets DC’d to prevent exploits.(unless you win anyway)
If one of the people DCs who you didn’t que together with then the match shouldn’t count if you lose.