Something needs to be done about the in-game flamers in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Acewings.6872

Acewings.6872

I was just in a BG? (not sure if they’re called that in GW2 or not) Anyways…it was my first PVP match like EVER…and teams got autobalanced and we started losing. Some dude on my team kept telling me to go take the points, which I tryed to do and then 3 people came out of nowhere and started ganging up on me in-game and I died and he goes “you suck!” or something to that effect. I then told this player off and he goes “umad homie?” or something. I chewed the player out, then I put the player on ignore, and then reported him.

But idiots like that guy are a BIG problem in PVP and I feel like GM’s need to get on top of it. The same thing happens in WoW where there’s some PvP flamers in-game who completely ruin the competitive enjoyment by flaming other players…and something has to be done about them.

Oh yeah, the funniest part is that I got a “Top player” glory bonus on the right hand side and it was my first PVP match ever even though “I suck”.

in PvP

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

umm only thing I can say is, instead of replying put on ignore after their first attempt to flame you. It is that easy for me at least.

in PvP

Posted by: Menso.4203

Menso.4203

well if u get this offended by a “u suck” i’d steer away from hotjoin spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Tarishian.9768

Tarishian.9768

^ This.

Don’t be so sensative. Have you forgotten this is the internet?

I love provoking people with a little “BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM UR DEAD” or a bit of “hahahaha nap” when I stomp them, as it makes them try to get revenge, adding an interesting dynamic where I need to watch out for that player. Or if someone flames me, I simply hunt them down all game, then we end up trying to kill each other specifically at every chance, and most of the time that type of ‘friendly flaming’ results in a friend add or a “see you later man”.

<witty and somewhat pretentious attempt to appear intelligent>

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

report and ignore. easy and clean.
this is not internet. this is a game, where people want to relax and have fun. i dont have fun when people offends me. i report them, if anet think it is ok, they won’t be banned.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Honestly, I would happily see them banned.

It would reduce the population too greatly though, which is why it doesn’t happen.

People need to stop being a-holes when it comes to PvP.

It’s like the MOBA sickness has come here.

in PvP

Posted by: Acewings.6872

Acewings.6872

Honestly, I would happily see them banned.

It would reduce the population too greatly though, which is why it doesn’t happen.

People need to stop being a-holes when it comes to PvP.

It’s like the MOBA sickness has come here.

I think you’re right tbh. However, I still think ANet needs to take a tougher stance on people like him ASAP so that it doesn’t get too out of hand.

in PvP

Posted by: hauskamies.9683

hauskamies.9683

I’ve played quite a lot of pvp but fortunately I haven’t seen anything like this at all. No need to be afraid of a MOBA like community because the matches are fairly short and it’s much harder to point a finger in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

I was just in a BG? (not sure if they’re called that in GW2 or not) Anyways…it was my first PVP match like EVER…and teams got autobalanced and we started losing. Some dude on my team kept telling me to go take the points, which I tryed to do and then 3 people came out of nowhere and started ganging up on me in-game and I died and he goes “you suck!” or something to that effect. I then told this player off and he goes “umad homie?” or something. I chewed the player out, then I put the player on ignore, and then reported him.

But idiots like that guy are a BIG problem in PVP and I feel like GM’s need to get on top of it. The same thing happens in WoW where there’s some PvP flamers in-game who completely ruin the competitive enjoyment by flaming other players…and something has to be done about them.

Oh yeah, the funniest part is that I got a “Top player” glory bonus on the right hand side and it was my first PVP match ever even though “I suck”.

Listen man, I know its frustrating but let me give you some advise.

When you replied telling him off…you did nothing but make him laugh his tail off on the other end and know that he got to you that bad and that he was under your skin, which is a victory to him.

Reporting him will do nothing because he hasn’t done anything wrong. Yeah it’s annoying but all you have to do is block him instead of getting in a shouting match.

There is really nothing ANet can do other than not allow the 2 sides to talk to each other, but they could still send you direct messages.

Don’t let the 12 yr olds get to you and don’t act like them either by “telling them off” that does nothing but make them laugh at you more.

in PvP

Posted by: Kaniro.7809

Kaniro.7809

Right click on name >> Block.

On a side note: I’m sorry your first pvp match was a bad experience for you. As a casual gamer myself, I like to see people try to enjoy as much as they can, and experiences like this can ruin it for people. I’m just hardened by the internet I guess, but my wife had a similar problem to you and now she refuses to ever go back in pvp, so I’m aware some people get turned off by one random a-hole they meet. Just shrug it off, and keep on trucking. Not all people are dbags, just a higher percentage of them in pvp.

(edited by Kaniro.7809)

in PvP

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Report and ignore functions are there for a reason. It would take an inordinate amount of GMs to personally police every match and zone at all times. Police your own game. Some of us don’t care about trash talk, others enjoy a good kitten-fest, and others still, like you, are overly sensitive. Who cares what a stranger thinks about you on a game?

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

If you have issues with others players in-game, please use the report feature or contact our customer support team at http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/ask/.

Thank you.