Soooo... I was really hyped...

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

… when I first read that we would get league stats.

I thought “OMG WE GONNA SEE OUR MMR FINALLY” <jumpjumpjumpjump>

Nope.

We see… things that every non-casual player already knows by heart anyway.

Sigh.

in PvP

Posted by: timmy.8732

timmy.8732

yeah i agree. what harm is there to see our mmr. i mean really.

Master Apex

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

You wanna know the truth?! You can’t handle the truth!!! (Of your actual MMR)

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Yasi.9065

I can handle it, anet. Promise. Im a big girl.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

“It would be too confusing for players” kek

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Actually, it kind of would lol. Think of all the threads the community has made about how they don’t belong in a specific Division. Then think of the rage numerous players would be if they realize their MMR has tanked incredibly… they’ll bring up MMR Hell all over again and rage more… because every player suppose to have high mmr, apparently.

I would love to see my mmr but… I don’t think Anet would want this kind of drama on a milk shake that already has a cherry on top.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Actually, it kind of would lol. Think of all the threads the community has made about how they don’t belong in a specific Division. Then think of the rage numerous players would be if they realize their MMR has tanked incredibly… they’ll bring up MMR Hell all over again and rage more… because every player suppose to have high mmr, apparently.

I would love to see my mmr but… I don’t think Anet would want this kind of drama on a milk shake that already has a cherry on top.

Uhm… and how is your described situation different from status quo anyway?

If anet shows your mmr, team mmr, enemy team mmr you cant really talk about “mmr hell” when you see that those three only differ slightly.

The only thing left is that players would say that their mmr doesnt reflect their skill. And thats already being done without mmr shown. So nothing new.

I mean, mmr is THE variable the matchmaking is all about. It defines your progress in gw2 pvp.
Showing those three mmrs:
- personal
- team
- enemy team
would imo actually stop all those “mmr hell” “matchmaking hell” “pvp hell” “whatever hell” threads.

Because there is not much arguing about those numbers. They are fact. Everything else is subjective.

Why are players so focused on the badges? Its because they dont see any other indication on how they are being matched/measured.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Showing everyone’s mmr at the end of a match would be incredible. You would be able to look at that leaderboard and see whether it was a balanced match or not. At that point, all people could complain about would be “my mmr should be higher!” And that argument is much easier to dismiss with a simple “l2p” comment.

The only downside I see to knowing your own mmr, and seeing everyone’s mmr at the end of a match, is if the matchmaking is stacking higher mmr’s on one team or mmr not adjusting properly. And that is only bad for Anet, since they’d have to listen to valid complaints that can’t be easily dismissed.

As for possible toxicity, that’s already a thing. If mmr isn’t seen until the end of a match, then that won’t be any different than now. People will complain about the bad players regardless.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

yeah i agree. what harm is there to see our mmr. i mean really.

It would expose the way of matching players so we can see if it really works. They obviously don’t want that.