Sorry Pro Leaguers, ELO hell still exists.

in PvP

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

Entering the season late, I was placed low gold initial match ups were a challenge, no biggie. I made my way up solo q to mid/high platinum. After this week I’m now low silver.

I know how to rotate, I win my 1v1’s and hold out during 1vX/disengage when appropriate. My teammates on the other hand are seemingly straight outta Best Buy with their CD keys. Yeah I make mistakes too and I’m well aware of them, but man, oh man.

I’m no pro leaguer who can carry his team on his shoulders and I’d be kitten ed if I said this was frustrating, because its not. I just can’t care anymore, though I care just enough to post here venting my frustrations. I can’t care about this matchmaking system that for some ungodly reason pairs me with people who do something reminiscent of drinking bleach in the corner of the room.

This season has mentally drained me, and it’s just not fun anymore.

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

The usual suspects will show up shortly to remind you that although you are 20% of a team, if you can’t do 80% of the work you are garbage and you belong at the bottom on the ladder with the rest of the filth.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Yep, that’s how it is. Helseth proved nothing, but that a top 10 player world won’t end up where normal gold, silver or bronze players end up.

I can carry teams when they at least are able to win 4v3, 3v2 or 2v1 fights and can hold bases or recap. I can’t when they lose bases 3v1 and that’s happening to me in silver and bronze.
Good thing I only play 1 match in gold per day it would totally frustrate me to have another ruby hell season.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I know how to rotate, I win my 1v1’s and hold out during 1vX/disengage when appropriate. My teammates on the other hand are seemingly straight outta Best Buy with their CD keys. Yeah I make mistakes too and I’m well aware of them, but man, oh man.

You are aware that this is your SUBJECTIVE opinion?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Are you discrediting his opinion as “SUBJECTIVE” on the basis of your own “SUBJECTIVE” opinion?

Are you sure you know what you’re saying?

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Are you discrediting his opinion as “SUBJECTIVE” on the basis of your own “SUBJECTIVE” opinion?

I never heard that calling something subjective is an insult…huh.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

are you ;-)

in PvP

Posted by: nothelseth.4621

nothelseth.4621

Care to show us a recording of your gameplay?

If shadowplay isnt available for you then use the local record feature of OBS, takes very little stress on your fps – you dont need top notch quality.

Three matches would be great.

From my perspective you completely underplay the ‘’yeah I make mistakes and I know them’’
No, you’re silver. If you’re silver then you make far more mistakes than you realize. Hell, even at my level I constantly make mistakes that I don’t understood during the game. That’s why I always recorded my scrims when playing professionally to ifnd them.

I’d be very impressed if you could properly kitten yourself and you are in reality better than everyone else in your division but the only thing keeping you down is that you get awful teammates and good opponents every time.

Like, genuinely amazingly impressed

500g level impresssed.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

If shadowplay isnt available for you then use the local record feature of OBS, takes very little stress on your fps – you dont need top notch quality.

From my perspective you completely underplay the ‘’yeah I make mistakes and I know them’’
No, you’re silver. If you’re silver then you make far more mistakes than you realize. Hell, even at my level I constantly make mistakes that I don’t understood during the game. That’s why I always recorded my scrims when playing professionally to ifnd them.

I’d be very impressed if you could properly kitten yourself and you are in reality better than everyone else in your division but the only thing keeping you down is that you get awful teammates and good opponents every time.

500g level impresssed.

Can the mistakes of a single individual guarantee the defeat for the whole team?

If that’s the case then you simply discredited your own entire thread because you confirm the fact that no matter how you play..your rating still depends on others and not 100% based on you as you so angrily try to say.

If that’s not the case then the overall amount of mistakes guarantee the defeat of the whole team and this again discredit your whole thread because again you prove that you’re not carrying anything and you’re playing against players of lower skill and not just you your whole team is more skilled than the enemy when the difference in skill should not be so black and white accordingly to you and others

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

The problem is that even Helseth can’t carry bad teams. We saw that on stream in bronze and silver. There was a pretty funny match where Helseth almost rage-quit the match because he won a 1v3 at far and his team lost mid and home and tranquility.

Based upon the fact that a platin, gold, silver and bronze player isn’t anywhere near Helseths skill level a normal player will more often end up in matches where he can’t carry his team even if he plays good for his skill level.

What does this mean for a player.
If you are a gold player and you end up in silver, you will most likely need a lot of times more games to reach your “real” tier.
It took Helseth 141 games to climb from bronze to legend. Which means it will take a normal player easily 300-400 games to reach his normal placing.

As stated somewhere in this forums I get 10-14 points for a victory at the moment (just out of bronze) and lose by the same amount.
If I win 100% of my games in silver I need 29 games to reach gold. If I have a normal rate of around 55-60% it will take ~ double the time.
And to be honest after the experiences this seasons it’s most unlikely to get winstreaks.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

Sure, a player not as good as Helseth will need more matches to climb, but still it’s possible. And there’s no need to do 80% of the team work, if you outperform 9 other players you will win more matches than you lose.

If you are constantly losing matches, you might ask yoursefl, what is the constant in all these losses? it’s you! Frustration is a huge factor in losing matches. Don’t underestimate it. Frustrated players make wrong decisions and that causes even more losses. If you lost two or three matches in a row and feel bad about it, stop playing, take a break, give yourself a chance to become positive again.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Sure, a player not as good as Helseth will need more matches to climb, but still it’s possible. And there’s no need to do 80% of the team work, if you outperform 9 other players you will win more matches than you lose.

If you are constantly losing matches, you might ask yoursefl, what is the constant in all these losses? it’s you! Frustration is a huge factor in losing matches. Don’t underestimate it. Frustrated players make wrong decisions and that causes even more losses. If you lost two or three matches in a row and feel bad about it, stop playing, take a break, give yourself a chance to become positive again.

“If you are constantly losing matches, you might ask yoursefl, what is the constant in all these losses? it’s you!”

How many times I will see this sentence plotted all around?

If you say I don’t need to do 80% of my team then my whole team shouldn’t need my 20% to win. If you would lose all your matches then you would be bronze ofc …but here we’re talking about silver and above.

If my team lose because of me..then the system was expecting my team to carry me as obviously I am worst than them…either way somebody is expected to carry somebody below its actual skill level and the question is why?

Always this stuff : “it’s you the constant”…..I frequently see ROM raging on stream when he gets uncarriable players on his team…when even holding 3 people on a point doesn’t guarantee you victory, your team will manage to wipe 4vs2.

The difference between ROM & Co and the rest…is that ROM will land in these “bad” team just 1 time every 10 matches or so..but for us it’s like 9 times out of 10..

The idea itself that victory can depends entirely on your shoulders is the most stupid thing that I ever heard in my life; if that’s the case then Helseth shouldn’t lose any match unless he does that on purpose..but he does lose and that means that the match is lost even with him trying to “carry” everybody on his shoulders.

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Entering the season late, I was placed low gold initial match ups were a challenge, no biggie. I made my way up solo q to mid/high platinum. After this week I’m now low silver.

I’m no pro leaguer who can carry his team on his shoulders and I’d be kitten ed if I said this was frustrating, because its not. I just can’t care anymore, though I care just enough to post here venting my frustrations. I can’t care about this matchmaking system that for some ungodly reason pairs me with people who do something reminiscent of drinking bleach in the corner of the room.

I placed at 1000 and made my way to legend (1955).

On my way up i got blamed by know it all silver players all the time. So i was a legend calibre player in silver and i got blamed for a few losses.

It is almost certain you have no idea how to rotate at all. In addition, you probably make bad moves alot, dont play to the comp you are in or against. If you knew any of this you would at a minimum stay in platinum.

I have experienced all these gold and silver players who think they know what they are doing.

I had the highest mmr in the eu on the last solo queue a few years ago as i won those leaderboards. If you want to improve and know how to really rotate in solo queue then record your gameplay and i will review it for you.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

keep making excuses and youll never get better. that goes for everyone. i get kitten teammates too. but if i truly belong where i belong i will make it there.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

The arguments you guys are making are ludicrous. If he belongs in silver as you state then he shouldn’t be losing games, he should be matched with players who lose just as much as he does. But you say he should be carrying, so he’s meant to be doing the bulk of the heavy lifting and the game expects him to. And the other 4 people on his team are just dead weight, they count for nothing. Thing is, unless you experience what he is experiencing you have no valid argument here. And please stop comparing pro gamers with common players, that’s just stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The problem is that even Helseth can’t carry bad teams. We saw that on stream in bronze and silver. There was a pretty funny match where Helseth almost rage-quit the match because he won a 1v3 at far and his team lost mid and home and tranquility.

Based upon the fact that a platin, gold, silver and bronze player isn’t anywhere near Helseths skill level a normal player will more often end up in matches where he can’t carry his team even if he plays good for his skill level.

What does this mean for a player.
If you are a gold player and you end up in silver, you will most likely need a lot of times more games to reach your “real” tier.
It took Helseth 141 games to climb from bronze to legend. Which means it will take a normal player easily 300-400 games to reach his normal placing.

As stated somewhere in this forums I get 10-14 points for a victory at the moment (just out of bronze) and lose by the same amount.
If I win 100% of my games in silver I need 29 games to reach gold. If I have a normal rate of around 55-60% it will take ~ double the time.
And to be honest after the experiences this seasons it’s most unlikely to get winstreaks.

This is another good description of what i also say. We don´t day it´s impossilble to climb. Initial placement in 10 matches decides if you are where you should be or might need hndreds of matches. This is the volatile factor. A 1500 skill player can be there after 10 or 500 Games and the 500 is a number most won´t go throuh in a season. Even less is not aciveable. Also many will give up after seeing the “Grind” or after a loosing streak. If all will need the same number of say 100 games to get their MMR right i guess there would be much less complains. It feel very unfair and is mainly a result of placement.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

On my way up i got blamed by know it all silver players all the time. So i was a legend calibre player in silver and i got blamed for a few losses.

It is almost certain you have no idea how to rotate at all. In addition, you probably make bad moves alot, dont play to the comp you are in or against. If you knew any of this you would at a minimum stay in platinum.

I have experienced all these gold and silver players who think they know what they are doing.

I had the highest mmr in the eu on the last solo queue a few years ago as i won those leaderboards. If you want to improve and know how to really rotate in solo queue then record your gameplay and i will review it for you.

Did it ever occurred to you that the enemy team may decide to outrotate him to a point where they leave him the point and don’t try to fight him?

What do you do if the enemy team lose every teamfight you’re present in..and simply decide to outrotate you on the other two points seen as your team will lose everywhere else where you’re not present?

I’m curious to see how you can keep up with your team that it’s losing everywhere, even 1vs1 that they shouldn’t lose.

There is no need for any gameplay record..a simple answer will do, let me see if I get this answer…or the ranting will simply keep going

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The real question is, did Helseth also queue at 5-10 am like the rest of the top 10 (you know who i am talking about, i have seen you and have screemshots, don’t deny it) so he could farm players divisions (silver/gold) below him and thus never lose matches?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

“If you are constantly losing matches, you might ask yoursefl, what is the constant in all these losses? it’s you!”

How many times I will see this sentence plotted all around?

If you say I don’t need to do 80% of my team then my whole team shouldn’t need my 20% to win. If you would lose all your matches then you would be bronze ofc …but here we’re talking about silver and above.

If my team lose because of me..then the system was expecting my team to carry me as obviously I am worst than them…either way somebody is expected to carry somebody below its actual skill level and the question is why?

Always this stuff : “it’s you the constant”…..I frequently see ROM raging on stream when he gets uncarriable players on his team…when even holding 3 people on a point doesn’t guarantee you victory, your team will manage to wipe 4vs2.

The difference between ROM & Co and the rest…is that ROM will land in these “bad” team just 1 time every 10 matches or so..but for us it’s like 9 times out of 10..

The idea itself that victory can depends entirely on your shoulders is the most stupid thing that I ever heard in my life; if that’s the case then Helseth shouldn’t lose any match unless he does that on purpose..but he does lose and that means that the match is lost even with him trying to “carry” everybody on his shoulders.

Everyone gets uncarraible teams. That’s not the point. The question is, do you really get uncarriable teams 9 out of ten times and why. I highly doubt that there is a secret algorithm in matchmaking that decides something like “Ok, this player has had it’s fun, now let’s give him a huge losing streak-” I’ve also had my moments of “my teams suck so hard” this season when I lost 4 or 5 in a row – but that was in the first two weeks. At that point I decided to take a short break whenever I lose 2 in a row and haven’t had any losing streaks at all.

Games are often decided by 1 or 2 key plays. That one disengage at the right time that results in a two-cap instead of being dead with only one cap. Or that one close 1v1 that you win because you’re confident and focused. Add frustration and you will likely lose what could have been a win.

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

The real intresting test would be an average or a bit above (like 1500) player, playing at primetime for 1-2 hours a day. How long would he need playing his main class (mesmer is a less played class here) to get from 600 to 1500 points in solo Q. I think unless super lucky not in a single season …

in PvP

Posted by: skylink.4972

skylink.4972

Just like i started to play from one day to another like a gold player from t3 plat, you started to play like a silver. Yep that must be it, I see no other logical explanation. It cant be the system that is matching you 15 times in a row with minimum of 3 thieves on a team that are unwilling to swap while enemy team got perfectly meta team. It also cant be the fact that matchmaking range can go up to 600-700 rating gap between players in the same match.

This game is a dice-rolling game. As a solo que you can roll from 1 to 6 as duo you can roll from 2 to 6. Trust me you can roll that number 1 as many times as 15 in a row and that number leads to uncarriable matches. Even if you explain your team that when you sustain 1vs3 at far point they should outnumber every other point and win —→ Its not going to happen because 2 of the teammates runs to you when you are about to die and they die with you. When i watched helseths stream, most of the time he got a team that respected his tactic and let him 1vs3 without going to his point. Probably gotta do something with him being ESL player and a streamer.

The point of my post: RNG factor in this game is too big. The better you are the higher chances you will be able to lower the RNG factor, but you will never be able to get rid of it. That means even if you are good you can get unlucky and go on a 10+ lose streak. If that happens, your 100-200 games played this season, all the effort from these games is gone, because you rolled number 1, 10 times in a row.

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

sigh …. I had that 9 game loss streak. I can´t say it was all hopeless. There were 2-3 close losses inbetween but doesn´t change much ..

— 2 of the teammates runs to you when you are about to die and they die with you. —

It reminds me on a match i had. Fought 1:3 far not dying for two minutes, team could not capitalize on it much and then two came to help me and died to the same three in about 10 seconds… I died trying to save them … so yea i made a mistake playing ele …

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

500g level impresssed.

yeah +1 kitty kitty meow meow

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Did it ever occurred to you that the enemy team may decide to outrotate him to a point where they leave him the point and don’t try to fight him?

What do you do if the enemy team lose every teamfight you’re present in..and simply decide to outrotate you on the other two points seen as your team will lose everywhere else where you’re not present?

I’m curious to see how you can keep up with your team that it’s losing everywhere, even 1vs1 that they shouldn’t lose.

There is no need for any gameplay record..a simple answer will do, let me see if I get this answer…or the ranting will simply keep going

It isn’t about that though. Firstly you should never be sat on a point. Secondly if your team can’t win team fights then you must be in them to carry them. Thirdly you need to understand your comp and their comp. I saw a ton of try hards at gold who were winning 1v1s but failing hard in general. If your team comp wants a 3 cap vs theirs then do it. otherwise you should be team fighting.

Say your team is: ele/necro/ele/necro/warrior (and you are the warrior who loves to push far and 1v1)
And their team is: Thief/mesmer/thief/warrior/DH

Then in this example you could push far (or the third cap) 100% of the time and win every 1v1 and still punt the game for your team as you just give their thieves opportunities to be relevent and abuse their mobility and +1 ing.

Other huge mistakes I saw at gold was people rotate too fast and not securing kills. So we will have a down at mid in a 4v4 and the thief will leave before the down is secured or whilst his team mates are still pressured. Another one is that people refuse to fight off point at gold. To the point where they rage “dont fight off point!”. In reality you often have to fight off point. If a necro gets jumped off point then you have to team fight them off point. It doesnt matter if they decap because you can kill them and then cap the point back instantly.

People at gold massively overvalue caps and undervalue kills and so get constantly snowballed. The only time this isn’t true is if its full bunker vs bunker set up

Lastly, you are not going to win every game, nor do you have to. You just have to win above replacement. You have to be better than your MMR says you are and then you will win more games than you lose until you rank up to your actual skill level.

None of this is rocket science, its so obviously logical and yet there is basically nobody in gold and below who has a clue. They say things like “dont fight off point” and “thief decap far” and that is why they lose so much and are so bad.

I suck at the actual game. I am really really bad. If you learn how to move around the map though, there is no reason why you cant get out of gold even if you are really bad at the game like me (idk what any classes do in HOT, I am terrible)

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

There is something funny about matchmaking. I was doing fairly well this season myself in gold. Kind of leveled out – not moving up but not moving down. Playing in solid matches – sometimes a bad team, sometimes bad competition but it evened out.

Then I played late one night and lost 8 in a row and 10 of 12. Several blow outs where teams weren’t close skill wise. A few closer matches but it always felt like the other team had all around better players. I’ll put a few of the closer ones on me – I could always play better but a lot of the losses seemed almost predetermined. Dropped down to high silver.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I think it is easy to figure out if you are in a bad team. For instance 3-4 of your team mates are fighting one tank (ele or warr) for a cap when they already have the other 2 caps. You barely ever encounter other team mates in a match, because they die so frequently, or are trying to fight 3 caps at once. I’ve been in teams were everyone except me is only doing ranged combat because they can’t/won’t melee (and my main is a mes). Team members who walk pass you when you are downed (when no one is near you) so that they can die in a 1v3. This is in ranked. There are so many more ways to to tell if the overall team is bad.

in PvP

nothelseth.4621

The real question is, did Helseth also queue at 5-10 am like the rest of the top 10 (you know who i am talking about, i have seen you and have screemshots, don’t deny it) so he could farm players divisions (silver/gold) below him and thus never lose matches?

Oh that’s the ‘’real question’’ huh?

I didn’t do that a single time. My entire path was done on stream and primarily during primetime. My usual stream schedule is 16-22. This is easily verified by just looking at the dates/times of my past broadcasts.

I’d love to see screenshots of me qing at 5-10 am considering that I have a job lmao.

Like, a single one.

I can put a 500g reward on it.

(edited by nothelseth.4621)

in PvP

Blue.1207

500g level impressed.

I had something MUCH longer initially typed up, but anet’s servers decided to log me out while attempting to post, so TL;DR re-do:

Firstly, I’ll say thank you for making an effort to look at my game play and see where I went wrong, I appreciate that. However, I just don’t care enough anymore man. sPvP for me (and apparently my entire guild/friends list) just isn’t fun anymore. Maybe In S6 I’ll give a kitten enough to record my game play for reviewing.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

500g level impressed.

I had something MUCH longer initially typed up, but anet’s servers decided to log me out while attempting to post, so TL;DR re-do:

Firstly, I’ll say thank you for making an effort to look at my game play and see where I went wrong, I appreciate that. However, I just don’t care enough anymore man. sPvP for me (and apparently my entire guild/friends list) just isn’t fun anymore. Maybe In S6 I’ll give a kitten enough to record my game play for reviewing.

see this is why no one can get any where.

You come to the forum to complain about the game and then dont actually want to discuss your game play.

My constant complaints have been about match making/ the leader board and rating system.

I post pics of the people i play and there rating and say what is this?

Your posting a cry thread and to be honest you wanted to say what you wanted and walk away since you dont care about the end game matter.

If your gonna write about broken ELO match making, you could of at least attempted to argue it, everything you wrote was circumstantial.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I didn’t do that a single time. My entire path was done on stream and primarily during primetime. My usual stream schedule is 16-22. This is easily verified by just looking at the dates/times of my past broadcasts.

I’d love to see screenshots of me qing at 5-10 am considering that I have a job lmao.

Like, a single one.

Did you even read what i wrote?

And who are you exactly, are you Helseth? Why are you not posting on main account?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Blue.1207

500g level impressed.

You come to the forum to complain about the game and then dont actually want to discuss your game play.

My constant complaints have been about match making/ the leader board and rating system.

Your posting a cry thread and to be honest you wanted to say what you wanted and walk away since you dont care about the end game matter.

If your gonna write about broken ELO match making, you could of at least attempted to argue it, everything you wrote was circumstantial.

For every argument or scenario I could possibly post there will be some individual who will post “well if you did X then you should have done Y”. I’m not going to entertain hypothetical what-ifs when I’ve clearly stated what I intended in my original post. I already said I carry my own gameplay just fine (inb4 that’s taken apart piece by piece) and that my teammates have continued to disappoint throughout my matches.

in PvP

nothelseth.4621

Like, a single one.

I did.

I adressed your comment that suggested I could have been doing it at silly times. After that I also offered up to you and absolutely anyone if they could spot a single time where I’ve been qing at 4 am .

If you took the tone of the comment as something else it’s probably because it’s tiresome when people on the forum keep posting exaggerated claims as if they’re facts and then give no acknowledgement when called out on it. I’ve lurked for a minute and constantly seen it repeated. It would be nice to have this stop happening all the time.

Although let’s go ahead and prove me wrong;

‘’like the rest of the top 10 (you know who i am talking about, i have seen you and have screemshots, don’t deny it)’’

This suggests that the majority of the top10 q at 5-10 am which is the only reason they have the winratio that they have.

I’ll call you out on it. Give me 6 screenshots (majority) of the EU top 10 qing at that time.

500g.

(edited by nothelseth.4621)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Like, a single one.

I did.

I adressed your comment that suggested I could have been doing it at silly times. After that I also offered up to you and absolutely anyone if they could spot a single time where I’ve been qing at 4 am .

If you took the tone of the comment as something else it’s probably because it’s tiresome when people on the forum keep posting exaggerated claims as if they’re facts and then give no acknowledgement when called out on it. I’ve lurked for a minute and constantly seen it repeated. It would be nice to have this stop happening all the time.

‘’like the rest of the top 10 (you know who i am talking about, i have seen you and have screemshots, don’t deny it)’’

This suggests that the majority of the top10 q at 5-10 am which is the only reason they have the winratio that they have.

I’ll call you out on it. Give me 6 screenshots (majority) of the EU top 10 qing at that time.

500g.

Dude you posted a video of you doing just that on your own stream!

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Like, a single one.

I did.

500g.

Just to save everyone the trouble you will get rickroll.

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Like, a single one.

I did.

500g.

Just to save everyone the trouble you will get rickroll.

Don’t listen to him guys this is legit.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

500g level impressed.

For every argument or scenario I could possibly post there will be some individual who will post “well if you did X then you should have done Y”. I’m not going to entertain hypothetical what-ifs when I’ve clearly stated what I intended in my original post. I already said I carry my own gameplay just fine (inb4 that’s taken apart piece by piece) and that my teammates have continued to disappoint throughout my matches.

This is a big reason you are in silver; if you are unwilling to analyze yourself deeper, or have others present constructive criticism, what do you expect to improve? Your teammates? But the same rule applies to them as does you.

To put myself as an example, I am currently ranked Gold. I think I could be Platinum — but only if I dedicated myself to critique and further practice/study. I don’t come to the forums to blame others/the-system for my own shortcomings. As I am right now, I believe I belong where I am.

I can understand your irritation. However, I implore you take a moment for modesty.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It might be that because season ending soon people are surging ranked to get rest of loot before end?

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I never heard that calling something subjective is an insult…huh.

If it were insulting you’d be infracted. I however, used the term “discrediting”. Which is what you were doing. Nice straw man response though.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

are you ;-)

are YOU ;-D

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

500g level impressed.

I understand but simply put, your game play was put into question. You say you do fine, a legendary player here is saying that potentially its the opposite. You do not want advice and you said you are done which is fine.

All im saying is you dont have a valid foot to stand on because its simply your opinion vs everyone elses. Which was all i was trying to point out.

I know the struggle, many people do but there are a few of us who simply play less and stay between gold 3 and plat 2 and others who scream and scream and say its Anet (which is potentially true) fault but you havent given anything other then im a good player as a example.

Either way cheers

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

Can the mistakes of a single individual guarantee the defeat for the whole team?

Entirely this.

I think the biggest problem with Guild Wars 2 Conquest is that one player can indeed throw the match for their team. If we had gametypes that didn’t so heavily rely on all five members of a team being at least semi-competent, maybe we’d see less frustration.

Deathmatch
8v8 Conquest
1v1 / 2v2 / 3v3

I know it’s a pipedream, but hey. What are forums for? I guess my solution to the It would dilute the community issue is to follow Overwatch’s model and just randomly select the map/game for people in the queue. Could even promote build diversity — what even is that?

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

no, you’re just bad and helseth is a good player that’s a big difference.

Yes you will have impossible matches sometimes and yes you won’t be able to carry every game but if you’re good enough you will be able to climb to legend/plat or whatever you want if you can’t then you’re bad sorry, that’s the reality.

Yes normal players wouldn’t be able to reach this goal because they’re bad, when you’re bad you can’t carry most matches and if you can carry most matches you will get stuck.

So my advice is try to actually get good, watch stream/videos ask for 1v1 learn to kite etc etc etc, if you keep blaming your team because is trash then quit this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

If everyone in the top ten queued at the same time, wouldn’t they just play against each other?

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I feel ya. It’s so depressing to carry a bunch of scrubs to a close loss and get nothing for it. Specially in situations where the win is in the bag and you only have to defend your caps to win but one (or more) of your teammates goes full Leroy Jenkins to far point or Lord or creature or some kitten while you beg them in chat not to.

Don’t listen to these forum trolls. None of them are any good anyways. The rating system is beyond flawed and is the only thing they have to validate themselves, so don’t expect them to agree.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I don’t know guys. I’m not a phenomenal player, as I’m realizing this season. I have two accounts. And both I worked up to to high gold, low plat. And I strongly believe I could go higher, if I was a better player. I don’t feel like I’m limited by this system. Just limited by my own skill level. I really don’t think an ELO hell exists. There are times I have big losing streaks and I’ll even fall down to silver, but I always work my way back up.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Vid please. then we decide..

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I would strongly recommend not posting a video. I was asked to kill myself by teammates in PvP after doing so, (at the request of a pro player.) They didn’t want me on there team.

Posting a video will get you identified and harassed in game if the opinions expressed about it on forum are negative.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

The real intresting test would be an average or a bit above (like 1500) player, playing at primetime for 1-2 hours a day. How long would he need playing his main class (mesmer is a less played class here) to get from 600 to 1500 points in solo Q. I think unless super lucky not in a single season …

Started the sesaon with 680 rating as a solo mesmer. At 1350 right now. Its not the 1500 you where asking for, but it as about 70 won/60 lost games.

Teh Ouchies

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I would strongly recommend not posting a video. I was asked to kill myself by teammates in PvP after doing so, (at the request of a pro player.) They didn’t want me on there team.

Posting a video will get you identified and harassed in game if the opinions expressed about it on forum are negative.

If you’re bad, you’re bad. That’s the reality. Now instead of being negative about it, how bout use it as a challenge to get better?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

If you’re bad, you’re bad. That’s the reality. Now instead of being negative about it, how bout use it as a challenge to get better?

I have been and continue to bust my kitten to get better.

That’s not really the point though. I recommend against the OP posting a video because I have experienced very negative consequences for doing so.

I fail to see how I’m being negative because teammates asked me to commit suicide. You might wish to rethink that.

Mesmerising Girl