Spectate Mode

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Bazerk.6124

Bazerk.6124

So I was excited about this update. We get to spectate tournaments now.

WRONG!

Only hotjoins. No one wants to watch a hotjoin match. Please FIX.. If you are worried about cheating you could add a 15 second delay or something…

ANET you guys are smart. figure it out. Allow spectate on Tournament PVP.

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

So I was excited about this update. We get to spectate tournaments now.

WRONG!

Only hotjoins. No one wants to watch a hotjoin match. Please FIX.. If you are worried about cheating you could add a 15 second delay or something…

ANET you guys are smart. figure it out. Allow spectate on Tournament PVP.

what the hell, so many slow pokes in this forum. they SAID A LONG TIME AGO that spectate would be coming for custom arenas (not tournaments games) first. why are you making a topic about this? what do you think this topic in going to accomplish? the devs are already on it. “please FIX”? …

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

I can see that coming in the future, but that doesn’t mean that the spectator mode is worthless right now. You can still spectate some of the top teams scrimmaging against other teams or you could watch player run tournaments, which I’m sure people are planning on organizing them.

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

I can see that coming in the future, but that doesn’t mean that the spectator mode is worthless right now. You can still spectate some of the top teams scrimmaging against other teams or you could watch player run tournaments, which I’m sure people are planning on organizing them.

Most likely those arenas will be password protected to stop from griefers joining or people joining to learn builds. Tournaments and leagues will also most likely be locked with a shoutcaster allowed to join and stream the games.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

yup, they told us last month we weren’t going to spectate tpvp because that results in cheating.

And theres a lot of tpvp’ers out there that can cheat too because a lot of tpvp’ers have 2 accounts, a solo que and a ladder account.

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Bazerk.6124

Bazerk.6124

This is why I said put a delay on it. I understand the dual boxing problem. As far as the learning people builds thing is concern… easy fix.. disable viewing traits on tPVP spectate. Add a 30 second delay and you eliminate the cheating problem. This is really to easy.

To those trolls who say they have already decided not to do this.. Or they have already said whatever.. Some of us in the “Real World” don’t keep up with every last thread a dev might have said about this game.

It would be really nice to be able to spectate the competitive side of PVP.

Solution to Cheating: Add 30 second delay for spectators
Solution for “My build supper 1337 no one should know”: Disable viewing of traits

Thanks.

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Vandal.8029

Most likely those arenas will be password protected to stop from griefers joining or people joining to learn builds. Tournaments and leagues will also most likely be locked with a shoutcaster allowed to join and stream the games.

It was my understanding that they could password protect it to keep players from entering but still allow public spectators. I could be wrong though. I’m still at work and haven’t got to play yet.

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

It was my understanding that they could password protect it to keep players from entering but still allow public spectators. I could be wrong though. I’m still at work and haven’t got to play yet.

Im in the same boat. From what I have read though from reviews you can make it password protected to join the server, and once there you can select to become spectator.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Vandal.8029

Oh well. At least it gives players a way to have tournaments with shoutcasters. I guess I will be going to Twitch to do my spectating though. And the more I think about it, thats probably what the devs wanted and what’s best for the game. You can’t build a community if everyone is just watching the matches in-game.

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

This is why I said put a delay on it. I understand the dual boxing problem. As far as the learning people builds thing is concern… easy fix.. disable viewing traits on tPVP spectate. Add a 30 second delay and you eliminate the cheating problem. This is really to easy.

To those trolls who say they have already decided not to do this.. Or they have already said whatever.. Some of us in the “Real World” don’t keep up with every last thread a dev might have said about this game.

It would be really nice to be able to spectate the competitive side of PVP.

Solution to Cheating: Add 30 second delay for spectators
Solution for “My build supper 1337 no one should know”: Disable viewing of traits

Thanks.

Exactly. Really most of the time A-net gives there rationale for why something is the way it is, or A-net water carriers do it for them by proxy, it takes exactly 5 seconds to poke more holes into it then a pincushion.

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: BLU.8961

BLU.8961

They had stated this awhile back that only hotjoins and customs would be open to spectating, as many have said in this thread already. Don’t expect to be able to do this at all in all honesty, iirc they said they would give certain casters access to spectate ranked matches to practice casting but no one beyond that. It makes sense and it helps to alleviate cheating

Want your Games Casted, Hit me up in game!

My Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/blu42

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

They had stated this awhile back that only hotjoins and customs would be open to spectating […] It makes sense and it helps to alleviate cheating

it’s like you don’t understand how cheating works
if there is a significant delay, then cheating can’t happen

Spectate Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Hadson.5024

Hadson.5024

so
Customs are up but i cant join cuz they are full(sure they are) and cant observe cuz they are full(why do you need a slot to just watch? )
AM i takin it right and theres no content exactly for me right now?