Spectate for Ranked. A big idea.

in PvP

Posted by: JoelTang.3680

JoelTang.3680

Before I start I just want to say I love the new Ranked system and expect to enjoy the coming improvements even more.

What I would love is the ability to have all ranked matches appear in a list similar to hotjoins with the ability to spectate as an option. You could still be in queue while spectating. It think would change the dynamics of PVP for the better and build community.

I realize that this idea is possibly a lot of work but would be worth in my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They can’t do it, it has been asked quite few times in past years. Reason: servers only allow so many players on map, spectators also count as player so yeah….

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Maps support like 20 players, so it would be fine 10 players and 5 spectators.

The real problem tbh, is due the low population.
It could be used as an exploit to give advices.

I like the idea of a spectator mode, but i wouldn’t risk for.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, I really miss the spectator setup that GW1 had. Too bad that’s not possible. =/

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

the problem with giving advices is easy to avoid by just offering this spectate service with a 5 minute time delay for example

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

the problem with giving advices is easy to avoid by just offering this spectate service with a 5 minute time delay for example

If possible, this would fix everything i guess ( i know on other games it is possible, but don’t know about gw2 )… at last, what about lag issues due to spectating?

It could be possible?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Theoretically they could record games and players could view them with delay, like in leagues but it would require a lot of resources and programming. They don’t even have time to fix exploits…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Spectator mode for ranked?

No thanks. There are already too many system abusers. Low skilled players playing in Diamond and Legendary division games have skill of Emerald or Sapphire in a good pvp league system and the matchmaking system puts me in a random team that got same division as me abusing the system and i get a lose streak. Happens a lot nowdays i survive better with necromancer while focused than my teammates that play meta classes which is a real joke. I just watching enemy meta classes takes a lot time to take down but my teammates drops like a fly in 2sec or something like this.

No spectator mode ranked.