Spirit Ranger vs Turret Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

What I find really messed up is how a Thumper Turret, can withstand 3 people smacking it or 1 person can never even destroy it.

Yet with a spirit ranger, 1 person can completely destroy all the spirits instantly.

Now what is the logic behind this anet?

Engineer has 1 skill Thumper Turret, so strong that 1 person cannot even destroy it by focusing on it. (traited for turrets???) (too much armor, and it heals itself, didn’t even have engineer around, he just left his thumper turret and I was amazed at how strong it was, couldn’t even destroy it and said f it)
Spirit ranger 5 skills (spirits) all die without being focused. (fully traited for spirits)
Ranger pet dies without being focused.

WTF????
Yes engineers need some toning down.
That or rangers specifically spirit rangers needs toning up.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

First spirits are infinitely stronger than turrets! They can move! They can trigger their special when they die, which includes reviving people! They grant a passive bonus to their entire team which includes one of the strongest conditions and one of the strongest boons!

Second Turret builds are bad! Asking for Engineers to be toned down because of this terrible build that’s just tailored to slaying other bad players is just jokes! Jokes!

Third comparing two different builds is just silly! It’s like not so good players comparing old Dhuumfire to Incendiary Powder! Foolish!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Clearly, turrets need wheels.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yeah buff Spirit Weapons too! Please don't, AI is bad.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: MountainPanda.5831

MountainPanda.5831

U made my day, hahahaha! New tool kit, trolley. You can pack up and transfer all your turrets to a new location with no cooldown.

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Seriously? You have trouble with “thumper turret”? I, in all honesty, would have to believe either you, your build, or your play style, are the provlem. Turrets are ridiculously easy to deal with. Particularly thumper turret, with its very limited range.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

I see you’re point OP.
Its pretty sad that the only team utility Rangers have is useless.
There are currently 0 highly competitive ranger builds; I don’t understand it either, but then I remember the state they left ele’s in for what, 1yr?

in PvP

Posted by: Hag.4605

Hag.4605

First spirits are infinitely stronger than turrets! They can move! They can trigger their special when they die, which includes reviving people! They grant a passive bonus to their entire team which includes one of the strongest conditions and one of the strongest boons!

First spirits are infinitely stronger than turrets!
Yes turrets can’t move!. Turrets can explode when they die, which includes push back foes! They grant boons around them and of course they do dmg even to 5 targets! Turrets don’t die after 60 sec and don’t eat stuns, condi and critical dmg!

(edited by Hag.4605)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Its probably not such an issue if you are playing with your own team, but for pugs its quite difficult to deal with. If you are ranged you can avoid the thumper (but usually not some of the other turrets), but if melee (especially squishy melee) there is really no counter play.

You can’t blind/cc the turrets or quickly destroy them (at least the thumper seems virtually indestructible, and the other turrets can be placed in hard to focus down spots). With spirits, for one they can be killed /focused, and secondly you can blind/cc the ranger (effectively disabling most spirit passive effects), and third you can cc the spirit of nature to stop a rez: ie there is clear counter play.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Its probably not such an issue if you are playing with your own team, but for pugs its quite difficult to deal with.

I’m not completely sure about this argument, you could say the same about a huge number of things…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Its probably not such an issue if you are playing with your own team, but for pugs its quite difficult to deal with.

I’m not completely sure about this argument, you could say the same about a huge number of things…

Yes,
Pugging and team q are essentially two different games

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Give spirit weapons and minions wheels too! I know they move…but still. It’d be cool!

(It’d also give more reason to why those kitten spirits move like they have a jet engine inside them)

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Here is good E.g. Map was FoeFire Turret Engineer was other side of the map he left his turrets on our home point, I was full glass Zerker. Took me month of Sundays to kill by the time I had finally gotten the Thumper turret down the Engineer was back. Was so stupid I was already at 50% life just from his Ai killing me.

Felt like I was doing PvE and suddenly PK’er turned up. Was so stupid.

If anything Thumper Turret should take Critical Damage. Bloody stupid how Turret’s aren’t effect by anything bar base damage.

To beat Turret Engi you gotta kill there Turret’s now picture what it must be like for Condition Build, doing almost no damage to turret’s. Mean while Spirit’s take everything like a boss. Also I don’t want Spirit’s buffed so sick of being forced to play a build I hate.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in PvP

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

It’s true tho. Turrets have insane amount of defense, it should be reduced at least by 60%! There is no reason for them to be so tanky

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Here is good E.g. Map was FoeFire Turret Engineer was other side of the map he left his turrets on our home point, I was full glass Zerker. Took me month of Sundays to kill by the time I had finally gotten the Thumper turret down the Engineer was back. Was so stupid I was already at 50% life just from his Ai killing me.

Felt like I was doing PvE and suddenly PK’er turned up. Was so stupid.

If anything Thumper Turret should take Critical Damage. Bloody stupid how Turret’s aren’t effect by anything bar base damage.

To beat Turret Engi you gotta kill there Turret’s now picture what it must be like for Condition Build, doing almost no damage to turret’s. Mean while Spirit’s take everything like a boss. Also I don’t want Spirit’s buffed so sick of being forced to play a build I hate.

Totally this,

is why I make this post, some engy left his thumper turret on the home node. Even with 25 stacks of might, that thing was hardly taking any damage and the healing it has was better than my dps. I capped the node, but that thumper turret he left, was still at 100% hp even though I wasted all my cooldowns on it.

Than I tried a spirit ranger because win a ranger daily. I come, within 5 seconds of the fight all my spirits are dead. And I’m not even in the middle of the fight, it’s as if they die so fast, nobody even needs to focus them because when they get tickled they drop dead.

All my utilities now on cooldown. Spirit ranger completely useless without his spirits.
But engineer? His turrets so strong don’t have to worry about his turrets going away, don’t have to worry about his utilities becoming completely useless due to all turrets destroyed.

Now if engineer was actually repairing his turret and that’s the reason why they so hard to kill, I’d be fine with that, but leaving it in middle of nowhere and its impossible to kill, now that just needs some toning down.

Spirit ranger has to worry about his spirits.
But a turret engineer, they don’t worry about there turrets, turrets too op, they focus on the enemy unlike the spirit ranger who is constantly worrying about if his spirits will survive being tickled or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It’s true tho. Turrets have insane amount of defense, it should be reduced at least by 60%! There is no reason for them to be so tanky

the real question is why they are doing so much dmg while being so tanky…

at least mm necro pets are relative easy to kill

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

coglin.1867

What build are you running? I can literally use one utility skill and destroy all turrets in under 4 seconds. I consider 1 utility skill to neutralizing all of the utility skills of my opponent to be an extremely good trade.

Please tell me that your trying to make a joke by using the term “tanky” and “turrets” in the same sentence.

is why I make this post, some engy left his thumper turret on the home node. Even with 25 stacks of might, that thing was hardly taking any damage and the healing it has was better than my dps. I capped the node, but that thumper turret he left, was still at 100% hp even though I wasted all my cooldowns on it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Autotool_Installation

Heals 5% of the turrets health every 3s.

Thumper turret, fully traited, has the defense equivalent to 3/4 of a light armor player in zerker gear (test it if you disagree, it is easy to do with a friend in a personal arena), and has 11,950 health

If you can not out damage 5% every 3 seconds on a lighter then light armor target that cannot move, you are either being provably dishonest, or playing the worst build possible. Are you certain you have gone into your PvP build and applied traits and a amulet?

Than I tried a spirit ranger because win a ranger daily. I come, within 5 seconds of the fight all my spirits are dead. And I’m not even in the middle of the fight, it’s as if they die so fast, nobody even needs to focus them because when they get tickled they drop dead.

What do spirits have to do with turrets? If you want to make across the board comparisons and think it is justified, why does elixir S only last 3s and signet of stone last over double that when traited? If turrets should be equal to spirits, shouldn’t those two skills beequal as well?

All my utilities now on cooldown. Spirit ranger completely useless without his spirits.
But engineer? His turrets so strong don’t have to worry about his turrets going away, don’t have to worry about his utilities becoming completely useless due to all turrets destroyed.

And? They have no reasonable comparison. Besides, we already established engineers turrets are easily destroyed, and in that situation, engineers become equally useless. Your making multiple, unreasonable, comparisons.

Now if engineer was actually repairing his turret and that’s the reason why they so hard to kill, I’d be fine with that, but leaving it in middle of nowhere and its impossible to kill, now that just needs some toning down.

Engineers would likely be glad to take them with them. Why don’t you start a crusade on the forums to mobilize turrets so they can do that. I assure, they are glad you pointed out the need to mobilize them.

You should know that an engineer has no weapon swap functionality. So a full turret build has literally no access to weapons swap or damage designed weapons.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

What build are you running? I can literally use one utility skill and destroy all turrets in under 4 seconds. I consider 1 utility skill to neutralizing all of the utility skills of my opponent to be an extremely good trade.

Please tell me that your trying to make a joke by using the term “tanky” and “turrets” in the same sentence.

1 utility skill… i wanna see that

All is Vain~

in PvP

coglin.1867

PM me. I will give you the password to my arena. I am assuming you will record it and post it here right?

Does it surprise you that grenade kit, bomb kit, ice bow, glyph of storms, ect. ect. would have difficulty AoEing down turrets on a point? If so, it appears to me the trouble is this thread is probably general game knowledge.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

the real question is why they are doing so much dmg while being so tanky…

at least mm necro pets are relative easy to kill

Turrets don’t move and an engi with no kits is incomplete in performance there is a reason you will see it more often than MM which sucks from my encounter with them or maybe I fought bad ones or maybe it’s just necro or the supposed to be complex AI. In a short way ask your self why do they remain in pvp rather conquest?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Yes what is this magical utility skill?

Rangers only damage dealing utilities are traps which don’t do anything to turrets…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Bitty.1409

Bitty.1409

Lets not waste our time discussing AI

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Lets not waste our time discussing AI

you would be surprised how many ppl run turret engis on EU O.o

i didn’t see any on NA for ages
EU is flooded with turrets tho, you can bet that every second engi is running turrets there~

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

No one wants to play against either of those specs. Nerf them both. I want to play against players, not AI.

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Maybe they should let Turrets type and send message to the Map Chat, something like this “LOL NOOB” or “AI recks you” when enemies hit them.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

PM me. I will give you the password to my arena. I am assuming you will record it and post it here right?

Does it surprise you that grenade kit, bomb kit, ice bow, glyph of storms, ect. ect. would have difficulty AoEing down turrets on a point? If so, it appears to me the trouble is this thread is probably general game knowledge.

It is common sense to place turrets away from each other.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

coglin.1867

A person made a thread demanding equalization between turret engineers and spirit rangers. At what point did common sense come into it?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I’ll take spirit buffs!

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

A person made a thread demanding equalization between turret engineers and spirit rangers. At what point did common sense come into it?

I use shoutbow warrior, tho what does it matter what I run?
I dislike AI, and always will.
I didn’t say engi running turrets is OP, but I’m saying turrets are too tanky and that is a fact.

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

rocket turret die in 4 hits, too tanky, pls nerf it to die when enemy just come in 1200 range

in PvP

Posted by: bubby.5798

bubby.5798

rangers play power because they can’t do spirit

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

What I find really messed up is how a Thumper Turret, can withstand 3 people smacking it or 1 person can never even destroy it.

Yet with a spirit ranger, 1 person can completely destroy all the spirits instantly.

Now what is the logic behind this anet?

Engineer has 1 skill Thumper Turret, so strong that 1 person cannot even destroy it by focusing on it. (traited for turrets???) (too much armor, and it heals itself, didn’t even have engineer around, he just left his thumper turret and I was amazed at how strong it was, couldn’t even destroy it and said f it)
Spirit ranger 5 skills (spirits) all die without being focused. (fully traited for spirits)
Ranger pet dies without being focused.

WTF????
Yes engineers need some toning down.
That or rangers specifically spirit rangers needs toning up.

engineers as a profession need a couple things about them fixed, but the only thing broken about turret engie is rocket turret. explosive rockets is stupid strong and is on too short of a cooldown