Spirit Weapons

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: DeanAdamFry.7106

DeanAdamFry.7106

Is there anything I can do to mitigate the damage of these pets? I cannot kill them nor CC them since they are invulnerable and even with Swiftness they do not have issues in keeping up with me.

Is there even a reason as to why these pets have this invulnerability status? You don’t see Turrets or Elementals being invulnerable to damage/CC so why is this a special case for the Guardians pet’s?

If I could kill them then it wouldn’t be an issue but just the fact that I cannot do anything but run away is quite ridiculous.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

Spirit Weapons are all right, focus the Guardian. When they go with a spirit weapon build, they aren’t that defensive as some other Guardians and are easier to damage and take down. The hammer to the face knockback/knockdown is annoying, but not overpowered.

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

DeanAdamFry.7106

Spirit Weapons are all right, focus the Guardian. When they go with a spirit weapon build, they aren’t that defensive as some other Guardians and are easier to damage and take down. The hammer to the face knockback/knockdown is annoying, but not overpowered.

Thank you for your response.

I guess this is a L2P issue on my end, never fully tried the Spirit Weapons on my Guardian so it’s my ignorance that cost me the fights vs these pets.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

One thing I would add though is watch for the hammer and dodge it as much as you can. It has a knockdown that will make you sad. :p

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

DeanAdamFry.7106

One thing I would add though is watch for the hammer and dodge it as much as you can. It has a knockdown that will make you sad. :p

Oh yeah I know it’s every 3rd strike that it knocks me back but mix that in with the Guardian’s abilities that you have to avoid and it makes it very difficult to dodge all of these skills coming at you.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

I can deal with them being unkillable, but I really think they should be CCable.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

Spirit Hammer —→ GG i can just sit on the ground being knocked down from hammer or guardian till death

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

They’re incredibly OP 1v1, at least. We ran some tests in guild one day for this, and no one could get to the Guardian, who could just stand there doing nothing if he so chose. No stability, nothing. The only real counter is to run away or bring a friend, because that hammer will ensure you can’t do much of anything. (And when you actually bring this build into team fights you do tend to go down quickly.) Spirit weapon builds are also damage-based most of the time (WHYYYYY was this not a tanking spec build), so you tend to take massive amounts of damage in the process. It’s silly.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Dodge the third swing on the hammer, focus on applying condition damage. Spirit Weapon guardians typically have the least condition mitigation of all the main builds.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Kykeon.8572

Kykeon.8572

I myself play a Guardian with this spirit weapon/burn spec.

I will not defend the spec only because im on it like many kids do on this forum (cough,Mesmers).

The reality is,it’s quite overpowering.The only downside is that sometimes the Hammer might knock someone back just as you try to knock them down and pop Whirl.Other than that,all i see is everyone having a very hard time even standing on their feet (except for Mesmers,they are having the time of their lifes atm,but i guess that has to be my L2P issues,right kids?).

One good solution to this would be to completely remove that trait that allows you to keep the weapons after use.Not only it would balance it,it would also give a fairly strategic value to their activation.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: StSwfx.3754

StSwfx.3754

Typical deflection towards mesmers, just like every guardian/thief thread.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

Ok, OP mesmer here.

I don’t find any more of an issue against Spirit Weapon Guardians than I do against other Mesmers. In fact, these types of guardians are easier to take down as their less bunker.

The issue here is that the weapons are free to attack whomever they want, which means when you’re stealthed they’re really uncertain as to where to go. Tossing up clones and phantasems while focusing down on the Guardian himself makes this just a war of attrition. The more defensive built mesmers will find this quite easy, while the Glass Cannon mesmers may want to range out the weapons and play the harassment game.

I can honestly say that I have not encountered this specific build on my thief, necromancer, elementalist, or engineer yet so no comment on those.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The spirit weapon have a good efficence and have invulnerability, but they have a short period of duration. The sword last 30 sec, all the others only 20 sec. All the others pet/minion/illusion have a longer duration and more damage.
I’m playing a guardian after take a Ranger at liv 80 and try a Necro (and a mesmer, but just for try).
-Spirit weapons: Good effect, untargettable, but short duration.
-Ranger Pets: Powerful in damage, decence, duration and effect (but it is right because is one of it’s primary ability) and you can excange it if it’s death whit another full healt pet, unlimited time.
-Minions: Good power and good healt (some of them have a very good healt), large number of it (5 at the same time), capacity of recharge Nocromancer’s hp and different ufesul individual ability, very long duration time..
-Illusions: Good damage, high number of it (I’ve see 5 illusions at the same time), useful to distract your enemy (frequently to hit a mesmer i need to kill some of they’re illusions before find them), can hit, chill, remove boons and adsorb a lot of your damage, and you can sacrifice them to do different useful effects, last longer than a spirit sword.

Now… an hammer that give you low damage and sometimes put you down is really a OP skill?

P.s. sorry for my bad english.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

Hammer is not OP, Most are just bad players that get tunnel vision and cannot see the hammer swings.. Learn to avoid the 3rd swing and rest is cake sauce.. I don’t understand why all the bads post about this and that being OP. There is always a coutner to a build. So maybe your build isn’t designed for it. So what? Is a theif suppose to kill a necro… Not likely if the necro is spec’d right. Learn who you can and CAN’t take on 1v1 b4 you complain on forums. This would solve a lot of problems right there.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

duration of hammer 30 sec out of 45 sec CD while traited? thats giving a 15 sec windows for kill in 1v1 situation.

Im not saying its OP, but its highly annoying without focusing the Guardian using his own skill. If i go with spirit spec i will have decent results and probably win most of 1v1 fights without any knowelage.. just by buttonsmashing.
So in fact this is kind of “easy to play” builds as i see it.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: KogarasuMaru.7036

KogarasuMaru.7036

It is very balanced. 3rd attack knocks you down, knockdown on activate, constant burning, etc. You can’t fight it, yet you can target it. It even has swiftness. After all, guardian skills are crap and they can’t knock you down themselves. Or chase after you without blinks. Or pull you to them.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Lonja.1034

Lonja.1034

duration of hammer 30 sec out of 45 sec CD while traited? thats giving a 15 sec windows for kill in 1v1 situation.

Im not saying its OP, but its highly annoying without focusing the Guardian using his own skill. If i go with spirit spec i will have decent results and probably win most of 1v1 fights without any knowelage.. just by buttonsmashing.
So in fact this is kind of “easy to play” builds as i see it.

Cooldown on spirit weapons start when they END not when you ACTIVATE them. So no matter if you trait spirit weapon duration or not after the weapon disappears the CD starts and it’s always 45 sec unless you trait reduced CD which brings it to 36 sec. Best case scenario is traited duration and traited CD reduction in which case hamer lasts for 30 sec and after it disappears it THEN goes on a 36 sec cooldown(45% uptime). Base values are 20 sec duration after which it goes on a 45 sec cd(30% uptime). Bare in mind people mostly take ONLY cd reduction which brings it to 20 sec duration and 36 sec cd(35% uptime).

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Lonja.1034

Lonja.1034

It is very balanced. 3rd attack knocks you down, knockdown on activate, constant burning, etc. You can’t fight it, yet you can target it. It even has swiftness. After all, guardian skills are crap and they can’t knock you down themselves. Or chase after you without blinks. Or pull you to them.

Third attack knocks BACK not DOWN. in order for spirit weapons to cause burning they need to be traited for it. Guardian fully specced in spirit weapons has little to no defense(main one being 3 hit shield from focus) and is easily bursted down. I used to play the spec but got bursted down way too easy and so i left if for shouts/Great hammer build which can actually survive being stunned for 2 seconds.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: KogarasuMaru.7036

KogarasuMaru.7036

Third attack knocks BACK not DOWN. in order for spirit weapons to cause burning they need to be traited for it. Guardian fully specced in spirit weapons has little to no defense(main one being 3 hit shield from focus) and is easily bursted down. I used to play the spec but got bursted down way too easy and so i left if for shouts/Great hammer build which can actually survive being stunned for 2 seconds.

Meh it’s 3 am. Oh yes, I forgot to mention how the shouts and gs/h build completely negates all my damage.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: sami.3801

sami.3801

It’s amazing how bad I am, cause I find difficult to dogde spiritual weapons while I’m fighting, moving and aiming. I hope casting spiritual weapons is difficult too, cause they’re really effective.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

Silv,

If you encountered five illusions, then be aware that they were from more than one Mesmer. A Mesmer has an absolute limit of 3 Illusions at any one time. If, at any time, they attempt to summon a forth, one of the illusions will be destroyed to make room.

Phantasms have priority over clones. Meaning a Mesmer that creates a clone when he has 3 Illusions on the field, will cause a clone to blow up unless he has 3 Phantasms out, in which chase the oldest Phantasm dies, and the clone produced is on the bottom of the priority list to survive.

Spirit Weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

It’s pretty dumb honestly. I wish my pets were invulnerable and immune to CC.

(edited by Moderator)