Spirit ranger res and elixr r

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Both suck and are lame. Ressing yourself is lame and not fun. The spirit is so OP even on its long cooldown. Its like timewarp used to be. It just wins team fights with ease when one side doesnt have it.

Elixr r is also broken. It is a free res and try again feature for engis and is broken in how low the cast time is for something so utterly powerful.

Imagine in cod if you kill someone, but nope, they got back up didn’t they, and then they killed you. Fun? Not really. Lame? Most definitely.

They nerfed alot of the res things like illusion and signet of undeath which improved gameplay. It is time to nerf the worst culprits. Elixr r should have longer cast time and the res spirit thing should either be deleted from the game or the cast time the spirit itself uses should be 2/3 seconds like other resses. Seriously imagine signet or undeath on a 1 second cast time. That is what the spirit does. It is a complete joke.

Even killing the thing fails because it is soooo tanky you all die whilst focusing it. And even if you do kill it then it can res someone on death. The health of the thing could be reduced as well as a cast time increase.

No wonder most people I know quit pvp in this game to focus on wvw and pve. Lame stuff like this shouldnt be around. All these resses. Complete fail.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

While I understand your frustration, at least these both have counters.

When you see the pet, dps it down asap — it does have a bit too much HP though, I agree. When you see the Elixir R thrown down, either knock them off the spot or coordinate damage when in a team fight.

They’re certainly strong and add a lot to each profession but they are each certainly counterable and both have very clear animations.

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I think they’re fine. They add interesting counterplay as a necromancer with poison and Epidemic.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Way back when they nerfed elixir r the first time I had no idea why they didn’t change it to 15% per tick, not 20%. Not sure about spirit res. I don’t find that it lasts that long when focused fired. I believe it can only be interrupted by stuns and dazes only. I’ve heard Knockdown’s and knockbacks don’t work but too lazy to test. If thats the case thats one thing they should change. Maybe a longer cast, but don’t think its that bad.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Way back when they nerfed elixir r the first time I had no idea why they didn’t change it to 15% per tick, not 20%. Not sure about spirit res. I don’t find that it lasts that long when focused fired. I believe it can only be interrupted by stuns and dazes only. I’ve heard Knockdown’s and knockbacks don’t work but too lazy to test. If thats the case thats one thing they should change. Maybe a longer cast, but don’t think its that bad.

The spirit often gets stability from a guardian too. And you cant focus it down. Well you can. But if you are focussing a res spirit and they are focusing your team then you will get completely owned.

Ressing is an awesome mechanic in this game. Someone ressing themselves is just kittening kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The spirit dies in like one second to a coordinated group.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

The spirit dies the moment you actually care about it.
Considering it’s a destructible elite where the rez can be denied by
a) interrupting it’s initial cast
b) interrupting the spirit itself
c) Destroying the spirit.
The amount of options they give you to deal with it are more than enough.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Yeh when you blow your cooldowns it does. Have fun then winning the team fight wasting time and cooldowns on a npc

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Who wastes cooldowns on an NPC? Just spam auto on it and it dies. Or pay attention and assign someone to CC the Ranger when you get someone down.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Zoutsha.1093

Zoutsha.1093

Yeh when you blow your cooldowns it does. Have fun then winning the team fight wasting time and cooldowns on a npc

Wasting cooldowns!?!
You can focus the spirit down in 2-3 sec with just auto attack spamming. If u ignor the spirit you gonna lose teamfights 100% cause its not only rezzing but also healing the wohle team for about 400hp/s.

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

This thread is pretty funny after the Tournament yesterday where both TP and PISH consistently “pulled off” their spirit res when matched against each other. It happened at least 4 times.

I’m sure both teams are terrible players with no situational awareness and weren’t skilled enough to deal with spirit rangers, right?

(edited by Jzaku.9765)

in PvP

Posted by: PeepMeDown.5017

PeepMeDown.5017

i watched the final match too and the whole game was decided by engie/spirit res. Two of the top teams couldn’t coordinate and kill each others spirits or knock engies out of their elixir res.
So i guess its not so easy….

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

So an elite skill that has multiple hard counters and can only be used twice a game is too powerful?

Seems to me that it’s just an issue of not wanting to prioritize targets that should be taking priority, especially if its something that can be decisive to a team fight and you have the potential to remove it from the equation.

But I guess not wanting to adapt to strategy is a call for complaint… I guess.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

Spirit Rangers is seriously broken. There are virtually no CD (very little) between cast and unless you stack aoe and blast them it’d be very improbable to kill them with autos. By the time you do, the ranger’s cds are probably finished and they can cast them again right the way. It’s all well and good if you run across one Spirit ranger, but what happens when there are two of them?

That’s 8 spirit to kill, plus 2 pets to avoid. Meanwhile Rangers using sword/dagger gets 3 evade and vigor on healing spring. spec shortbow and utilize combo field what your left with is 2 very hard to kill ranger (with an obscene amount of hp from the traits), and a ridiculous amount of pet.

There needs to be a longer CD between cast when spirits are killed. That way we can actually go for the spirits and not worry about them getting resummoned right after they go down.

So an elite skill that has multiple hard counters and can only be used twice a game is too powerful?

Seems to me that it’s just an issue of not wanting to prioritize targets that should be taking priority, especially if its something that can be decisive to a team fight and you have the potential to remove it from the equation.

Do you even know how hard it is to kill a spirit of nature when there’s a pet and a ranger riding on you? smarter ones only calls it out when people are about to go down. By the time its dead, it would’ve ressed somebody already. on the off chance you kill it before anyone goes down, these dying people would’ve stacked enough regeneration or get healed enough from the spirit itself to keep on fighting.

Let’s not forget if you’re dealing with 2 spirit ranger, that’s 2 nature you’ll have to worry about.

(edited by showatt.9413)

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

I for one an extremely confident that a team like paradigm just didn’t want to “adapt their strategy” or considered a fight swaying res to not be worth their time to deal with. Yup.

The reality is in any real fight there is too much pressure, too much stuff going on, that you have the tools available to deal with a res like that. This applies to everything, from engi’s elixir r to warrior’s war banner. It’s nowhere NEAR as easy to deal with as some people claim.

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Reading through everything, I get what all you guys are saying. It doesn’t necessarily indicate a need for the reduction in ability (though why the Spirit has the potential to do 2 on demand rezzes and a third on death does seem a bit much, but maybe not after this next part).

It sounds like the best change would be to reduce its health pool. The Spirit itself offers an interesting (idealistically) concept in that it can be an elite than can be countered with a quick enough counterplay. So objectively speaking, if what you’re saying (in terms of the difficulty of killing the Spirit) is true (or the overall consensus), than it absolutely needs to be an aspect that’s looked at. It should be a target worth focusing due to how potentially dangerous it is and the need to shut it down, but it shouldn’t be so hard to kill that it just determines the fight due to being to difficult to kill to provide a valuable counterplay.

So I absolutely see where that argument comes from, and if we’re talking about reducing the survival of the Spirit, I can definitely support that argument and change.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

(edited by jcbroe.4329)