Spvp Balance Forum

Spvp Balance Forum

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I read we’ll have in next weeks a new forum section where we can specifically talk about pvp balance.

I’m asking how it will work, i mean, what is the best way (for us and for anet) to talk about critical balance problems and how to fix them fast.

Every class we’ll have a single dedicated topic?
There will be dedicated topic about critical problems?
We’ ll differentiate tpvp/soloqueue from hot join scenario (or WWW too) ?

And in general how to manage the discussion? Personally i like very much how Chris is doing in CDI topics (horizontal and vertical progression) with a general discussion and after that a 3 list of top wanted features.

Basically i think a balance forum is very usefull but it needs to work well to be a very huge tool.

The key is not spread usefull feedbacks and utilize it to fix fast main problems.

Spvp Balance Forum

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

From what I’ve read, it seemed like a game-wide balance forum, which is nice. PvE is begging for some balance since forever.

Spvp Balance Forum

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I’m asking how it will work

If you have been fallowing GW2 at all over the past year… it won’t.
The devs, they listen, they care but they can’t help.

People wanted less insta-gibbing… Anet pushed for condi/CC spams and passives.
People wanted to tweak maps since conquest gets dull… Anet made ‘custom’ arenas.
People wanted better matchmaking… Anet’s been tweaking an unworkable MMR when the issue is elsewhere (4v5s, account bound rank, no minimum glory to queue for ranked)
People wanted more game modes… Anet made Skyhammer.

Sure they listen and they will pay attention to the new sub-forum, but that’s not the issue.
Input has never been the issue.
People have been telling Anet exactly where GW2 has been going wrong since alpha, many times in great and well thought out detail, mind you… yet it hasn’t helped the game.

The issue is that somewhere in translation, after hearing what people say, the solution Anet comes up with isn’t productive, if it doesn’t make the game worse off.
That isn’t going to be fixed by shifting around where people are posting their thoughts.

(edited by garethh.3518)

Spvp Balance Forum

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

The devs, they listen, they care but they can’t help.

^ The voice of reason <3

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”