Spvp can be shut down.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

The birth of troll guilds has been able to display why spvp needs to be fixed

Currently, there are troll guilds with almost 100 members and they have the ability to completely shutdown spvp hot join due to autobalance and spectate mode.

Plz fix it before pvp is completely ruined by trolls.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

Currently, there are troll guilds with almost 100 members and they have the ability to completely shutdown spvp hot join due to autobalance and spectate mode.

Wait what? I don’t understand, what are they doing to troll? Sitting in spectate mode or something?

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Listen to this. If 1 or 2 players join a team, they can kill themselves and make the enemy win making their team lose. Next they spectate and cause auto balance. Finally, they join the winning team and gain a win bonus. If this is done at say 380 points the swapped players will be locked into the losing team at 400 points. This way the trolls get the wining bonus for trolling and killing themselves and ruins the fun of the game for lots of players.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: ParadoX.3124

ParadoX.3124

Sooo, this is hotjoin, whatever

Kiwil / Alice Brightwood – Augury Rock – VVV

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

It has been long since last time i got into hotjoin, and reading this i keep thinking that hotjoin wasnt a good idea, it should really be shut down, and swapped out for a soloQ unranked, that will basically be hotjoin but without the chance to be abused like explained by the O.P.
Plus, an unranked Q will be much better to introduce new player to pvp, cause it should have less raging kids, but will still have the same format you find in ranked matches.

Ofc ranked Qs need an improvement, but this is an old long story.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hotjoin is actually not that bad if everyone played accordingly, do not abuse spectator mode and auto-balance.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

You really care about hot join win bonus ? Are you serious? Is it because you get 5silver less?

Go to solo Q or find some friends and play tPvP

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

You really care about hot join win bonus ? Are you serious? Is it because you get 5silver less?

Go to solo Q or find some friends and play tPvP

not really. i care about the quality of the games in hotjoin games.

before they removed 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers and introduced the reward tracks and such, hotjoin games were still fun, but nowadays, it is all about entering spectator mode and forcing auto balance.

solo arena has lots of 4 vs 5 issues or so i heard.

team arena is fun with a group of friends, however, nowadays i am the substitute player, as in my friends will always already be playing team arena by the time i log on into gw2, and they will only ask me if there is no one else around, so i hop into hotjoin instead to quench my daily gw2 spvp thirst.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Are you playing NA or EU? I join a hot join game from time to time in EU I never see problem with the spectator mode. Sure the winning team joiner are not funny. ( You play 4vs5 and if you are 4vs4 because the winning team player left the game a new player is joining the winning team.) But I am suprised that the people have time to abuse the spectator mode in hot join.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Are you playing NA or EU? I join a hot join game from time to time in EU I never see problem with the spectator mode. Sure the winning team joiner are not funny. ( You play 4vs5 and if you are 4vs4 because the winning team player left the game a new player is joining the winning team.) But I am suprised that the people have time to abuse the spectator mode in hot join.

aye, i play sPvP in NA.

thanks for sharing your experience of hotjoing in EU, from what you have mentioned, it seems like there is much less using spectator mode to force auto-balance abuse over there in EU.

in NA, i seem to encounter it on a daily basis.

i decided to do the same though.

1. enter the spectator mode to force someone from the winning team to come over to the losing team.
2. i then join back the losing team.
3. losing team now has 1 more player.

however, sometimes, someone from the losing team will take this opportunity to join the winning team instead.

maybe auto balance should start sooner instead.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

stopped reading there.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

These people need to stack the odds by giving the opponent free kills in order to WIN AT HOTJOIN? How bad are they???

Also, you do realise that the win bonus in hotjoin is TINY, and that if you get autobalanced away from the winning team YOU STILL GET IT right?

Of all the problems this game has, I would rank the bushes not being comfortable enough for the outlaw mobs hiding in them in the Kryta starting zone higher than this.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Of all the problems this game has, I would rank the bushes not being comfortable enough for the outlaw mobs hiding in them in the Kryta starting zone higher than this.

Hahaha, quote of the year.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

These people need to stack the odds by giving the opponent free kills in order to WIN AT HOTJOIN? How bad are they???

Also, you do realise that the win bonus in hotjoin is TINY, and that if you get autobalanced away from the winning team YOU STILL GET IT right?

Your missing the point! It ruins a fun fair 5 vs 5 good match not just the win bonus and you get moved from teammates. Pvp hot join is no more than something to join for free rank points rather than to actually play.

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Your missing the point! It ruins a fun fair 5 vs 5 good match not just the win bonus and you get moved from teammates. Pvp hot join is no more than something to join for free rank points rather than to actually play.

There is no such thing as fairness in hotjoin. Closest thing you can come by are soloq/teamq

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Spvp can be shut down.

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

To be fair, the Krytan Outlaw Union (or the KOU, for short) has been petitioning ANet for sometime for more comfortable bushes. Lets not poo-poo their plight against pvp. After all, with new living story content coming up, it is quite important for every Krytan outlaw to have comfortable bush. Actually, there’s a whole section in the Guild Wars 2 EULA on how PvP content will only be addressed and updated when 50 oak barrels are full of pvper tears. They use tears to distill ANet moonshine, QQ special blend. Why else do you think they let us languish so? Neglect? No. It’s for delicious adult beverages.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”