Spvp is only profanity.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

3 matches in a row and lots of ppl are only insulting with noob, YOU SUCK kitten

OMG THAT WARRIOR

YUO NOOB

I am sorry Anet, but this game mode is only for kids? The profanity you get from the players in there is insane.

Never play it again

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

Welcome to GW2 PvP. The game: pretty fun. Worst thing about it? The community. Sorry it happened to you so soon.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Magnetron.5823

Yea what the hell man, this is the worst I have ever seen in an MMORPG.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

Yea what the hell man, this is the worst I have ever seen in an MMORPG.

Apparently you’ve been very lucky. Except for turn based games, this is present in any game with pvp.
It’s best to put the name callers on ignore.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

I dunno about hotjoin, but I’ve found solo queue to be fairly reasonable for an MMO community. Yeah there’s frustration but like, abuse? There’s very little of it from my experience, and most of it tends to be when new players are teamed with more experienced ones who expect them to know what to do.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Magnetron.5823

Well in the start its alright, I come in and press /t

hey everyone, I am support damage GS LB Warrior ( stating what I do )

Hey, hi, hello

Then we are 350/410 score

OMG Useless warrior, you kittening noob,,, pfff…….

I am top player in kills, and treb kills..

And all this in my face, im sorry.. I don’t like losing too but its all my fault?

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Maybe that’s your problem? You could make a few videos, then we might be
able to tell you, if it’s your fault or not.

Other than that, you should either ignore them, or tell them legit points, why
they are the ones at fault. If you do it without hostility it drives them crazy, and
they might think twice before they start insulting others in the future. But don’t take whatever they say to heart, they just don’t know it better.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

It is common for all pvp in all mmorpg i know, moba games such as LoL and dota 2 are even worse. Only way for me to avoid such things is play with friends and don’t give a kitten about comments.

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

It is common for all pvp in all mmorpg i know, moba games such as LoL and dota 2 are even worse. Only way for me to avoid such things is play with friends and don’t give a kitten about comments.

Well compared to what I have seen in some other games, moba comunites aren’t
even the worst, but well being locked into a game for 20 minutes isn’t allways fun.
And it doesn’t help if there is a report function for bad players.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

It kitten isn’t!

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Hotjoin attracts a certain type of PvPer, the kind that likes to join with friends vs. rank 1 pugs and blame their teammates when they lose.

In NA, solo queues usually have quite good sportsmanship, at least the section of the playerbase I usually see.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Maybe that’s your problem? You could make a few videos, then we might be
able to tell you, if it’s your fault or not.

Other than that, you should either ignore them, or tell them legit points, why
they are the ones at fault. If you do it without hostility it drives them crazy, and
they might think twice before they start insulting others in the future. But don’t take whatever they say to heart, they just don’t know it better.

Well, LB/GS warrs are often roamers. That means they tend to have higher score. Then it’s not necessary a high number of kills means “I was zerging”.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

This is a perfect time to take a quiet moment to remember that our solo queue rank defines our value as human beings, as well as our IQ and attractiveness.

Ranger//Necro

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

This is a perfect time to take a quiet moment to remember that our solo queue rank defines our value as human beings, as well as our IQ and attractiveness.

You sir ..are amazing !

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

Today has just been bad for me as well. These last 3 weeks that I have been playing a lot, I have seen a lot of great sportsmanship, but today… yaaaa exact opposite experience to that.

I wonder if reporting players for verbal abuse in game does anything.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

I would say that ppl are so “loose” on their language due to frustration, so instead of punishing them I would check to see WTF is wrong with current meta… and why is the game causing more grief than a good time.

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Welcome to GW2 PvP. The game: pretty fun. Worst thing about it? The community. Sorry it happened to you so soon.

Tends to happen with most dead games.

This game’s community was FANTASTIC for the first few months… then most people with sense left.
Kinda sucked.

(edited by garethh.3518)

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Magnetron.5823

Well seems im not the only one experiencing this, I wont play Spvp anymore.. WvW has much more ‘crazy’ but fun interesting ppl.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Well seems im not the only one experiencing this, I wont play Spvp anymore.. WvW has much more ‘crazy’ but fun interesting ppl.

Just don’t play hotjoin and most of your problems will disappear.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Thats what happens to kids (the pvp community) when mom and dad (the devs) keep their mouths shut, only opening them to spit soothing platitudes about the “big changes coming.”

We are the latchkey kids of PvP.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

League of legends had a player arrested for their language. You can always swap map chat for damage print out and avoid chat altogether. To be honest, if noob, warrior, omg..kitten..offend you, then maybe your taking it all a bit too serious. The worst I’ve had sent to me detailed a crime that involves sex and lack of consent..I’ll leave it at that. I took it has nothing more than a person who is getting burnout from too much grinding. I feel the same way about rage quitters. It is nothing to take personally or be sensitive to..they don’t know you. Try not to take it to heart.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Ya I dislike this aspect, when you are new u might make a lot of mistakes. But that’s to be expected, ppl can be real kittens. If I saw someone rank 30+whos terrible I might say something, but someone whos brand new? let em learn .

Just put them on ignore and move on.
As time goes by you will get less of this.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: physxcore.9074

physxcore.9074

90% of my games we don’t even chat, and when we chat we usually discuss the tactics, I don’t know in what region you play but in EU I’ve had best expirience, I am even an elementalist and usually top score from points and assisting and no one blames no one for being useless. Well there are games where someone is blaming someone else but I just ignore them and leave them be.

I think GW2 has the best pvp community I’ve ever seen in a game … compared to all others at least

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Wal-Mart sells backbones these days. Right next to the tampons.

Going to get an infraction over this one. I just know it.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I am not sure why you care. I barely even know if I’ve won. It makes so little difference.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

well, you are in wrong tier or you havent played Heroes of Newerth or DOTA, people there are MUCH worse then here so many ignored and muted players on my account in HON

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Ezzyz.6045

Ezzyz.6045

It’s the internet, people are the same in any game, thinking the community has changed; or was at some point different in just this game, is looking through rose tinted goggles or just being naive.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

Hotjoin is just a mess of a game type to start with. A large portion of the players play it like a death match or just zerg the map with almost no attempt at any type of tactical play.

Solo Queue is better but not until after you have got passed the first 10 to 20 matches.

There are other factors at play here;

The Hotjoin mess does not properly teach the players how to play the game due to the zerg/death match variables.

The current issues regarding the meta are also working against the community frustration pool, This is further embellished by various long time pvp players and the live stream personalities that are often reinforcing the negative issues even if unintentional. This also allows players that previously had few issues to suddenly bandwagon to the anti meta viewpoint or anti class/profession viewpoint as it is natural for people to choose the side of an issue if it appears that the majority of people are backing that view.

There almost zero moderation or consequences for truly insulting and or abusive players. You can report them of course but it does not always lead to punishment. There are some words and phrases that should automatically be filtered and suppress the chat privileges of an offender. Any racial or definitively abusive sexuality based slurs should be dealt with on the spot by an automatic chat suppression system.

Having a thicker skin helps of course but when boundaries are not firmly established and not absolutely enforced the problems grow out of hand quickly. Being called a noob does not offend me, the use of homophobic or racial slurs and insults though are over the line and inappropriate.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

welcome to the internet

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

If you think PvP is bad for childish behavior like griefing, noobcalling, and jerk behavior in general, what is your opinion on the WvW community?

Let me start by saying that this is something that happens often to me, and only my personal experience.

^Often, a thief will jump me in a Borderland, and I will turn the fight around and win. Instantly I am added to party, and whispered if I don’t accept his invitation to rage at me. What they say usually ranges. Usually that I am ‘bad’ or a ‘noob’ and he’s going to report me to my guild leader so I get kicked. Often it just turns out to be a stream of profanity and ‘come at me, 1v1, bro’ demands.

Personally, I find in WvW if the enemy isn’t emote spamming you, or adding you to party and kittening you out for something then it’s not the game mode I know. Two things which I rarely ever see in pvp.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

If you can’t take the heat then get out the kitchen. Or just turn chat off.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

just ignore them most of them are newbies i encounter a banner warrior that think his tough because he killed me but the truth is his thief teammate that killed me he couldn’t even down my hp to 85% and his hp is almost 10% if his thief teammate didn’t join the fight his dead in 1 burst but instead the thief burst me since all my utilities and other weapon skills are on cd i died and he told me on map chat “Get the #$% out here noob warrior” the profanity lasted 1 minute and he left the pvp server i was in because base on him his talent in pvp is wasted playing with noobs but his on spvp so you better enjoy the game and ignore those trolls whenever i encounter 1 of them i just ignore them.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: luckyguse.2674

luckyguse.2674

Profanity filter or not, name calling is not allowed.

Report them and move on. Do not engage is their immature conversations.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Surprising… I notice profanity maybe once every 50 games.

If someone is talking kitten, I’ve found that requesting a duel or that they kitten always ends with silence or them simply leaving the match to everyones benefit.

The worst players cry loudest.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Have you ever played League of Legends?

Tz tz

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Well in the start its alright, I come in and press /t

hey everyone, I am support damage GS LB Warrior ( stating what I do )

Hey, hi, hello

Then we are 350/410 score

OMG Useless warrior, you kittening noob,,, pfff…….

And all this in my face, im sorry.. I don’t like losing too but its all my fault?

Playing a GS war that tries to support? Sounds like your teammates probably have a pretty legitimate reason to complain about you.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Have you ever played League of Legends?

LoL is friendly compared to HON or Dota.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

While I understand what you are talking about, I find the name calling and raging much worse in Smite, and fairly prevalent in all pvp games I have played.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

obviously the mature ones post on the forums instead of playing… im sure that the kittens per post are lower in pvp than any other forum…

except our very own pvp community moderator posted a kitten when the use of the letters ‘st’ were appropriately filtered out of her post! Allie!

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Have to agree with this one.
The best part: Some of ones abusing people come to the forums after and complain about people leaving teams. The lack of knowledge about social behavior and how your actions affect other people is at times scary.

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Welcome to pvp! Have a nice stay.

Wal-Mart sells backbones these days. Right next to the tampons.

Going to get an infraction over this one. I just know it.

This one’s golden, heuheu.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Dont Worry OP its on its way can you hold out for 3 more minuets?

Attachments:

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

This is what happens with non-matchmaked matches.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Spvp is only profanity.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Have to agree with this one.
The best part: Some of ones abusing people come to the forums after and complain about people leaving teams. The lack of knowledge about social behavior and how your actions affect other people is at times scary.

There is a little thing called ignore or you can just turn off chat channels. I know people like to act like all sorts or strategy is discussed in solo q and hotjoin but 90% of the time I do better going by instincts honed doing 2000+ tournaments then any nonsense spewed out in chat that most of the time only a couple people follow. Also, really people need to get a little thicker skin and learn to just shrug stuff off. Don’t play competitve games if you can’t deal with people get annoyed from time to time. I’m not excusing this behavior I am just saying it can be dealt with and people should learn to deal with it or it is going to be a life filled with getting upset with anything. The proper response is to say this guy is a jackwagon and just ignore them. There are tools in place people need to learn to use them.

(edited by Kwll.1468)