Spvp team make ups without the expansion pack

in PvP

Posted by: Tekren.4580

Tekren.4580

Does not having the expansion pack put us at a disadvantage in spvp? And team base make up i heard:

2 or 3 support/bunker
rest roamers

is that about right
and can a burn guardian be a roamer? What qualifies as a support / bunker now a days?

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

It might work up to emerald but don’t get your hopes up unless the balance patch actually fixes things which I doubt.

1 or maybe 2 vanilla specs are ok, but 5/5 is impossible.

Burn guardian is hardcountered by every single meta spec, it just does no damage at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Yes it does. Most if not all HoT profession uses far exceed original GW2 professions.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

You can play without HoT. Just remember that you’ll be at a huge disadvantage.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

you will struggle greatly if you try to run into a AG tourney with all old specs. As for in game, my guild when the season first started.

For fun we ran old staff ele build, a trap ranger, burn guardian, pew pew ranger and a MM master necro. We did ok, i want to say we went 5-0 then started facing other premades and then we were like 2-4. So that was the end of that and 3 of them still havent bought HOT so they havent been doing the League season.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I’ve been playing purely base specs for the past 3 weeks to really get a sense for this. I got up to the end of Ruby (5 pips to diamond) with a 60% ranked win-rate before getting bored. I then made a free-to-play account to play the base specs in unranked and ranked, and it was actually quite challenging to play against new players that used the elite specs.

It’s like trying to walk underwater. You have to seriously outplay your opponents, and even then, even if you play perfectly, you might end up losing the fight by one fatal blow or cc that knocks out half your health because your opponent is just mashing all of their skills.

But hope is in sight, if the elite specs are nerfed enough: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/profession-balance-goals-for-the-winter-2016-update/