Stability and fear.

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: MiniAchilles.4617

MiniAchilles.4617

Why does Stability not protect against fear?

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

It does.

It may well be you think you have the stability buff up, but it’s been removed and you suffer the fear effect. I find this fighting necros usually. I run through one of the many aoes thinking i’ve pressed stability, but infact it’s been removed instantly.

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: MiniAchilles.4617

MiniAchilles.4617

I got feared whilst performing Dagger Storm, it wasn’t a buff, and I was definately performing the skills when it happened. I’ll have to test it, maybe latency? =/

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: Alphras.4062

Alphras.4062

Stability gets corrupted into fear. Maybe it was that.

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Stability says it protects against fear (or did, not sure now) but I am fairly positive it doesn’t. I seem to recall a developer post stating that this was intentional as well.

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

Stability DOES protect against fear. I’ve been playing necro a lot lately. When I either try to stop a stomp on me or a teammate, some times the enemy won’t get feared. Then I look, and there is that dern stability boon.

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Are you sure? I distinctly remember a developer saying they were aware that fear wasn’t effected by stability and it was a design decision to give stability more weakness. Maybe they changed their minds since then and didn’t put it in patch notes?

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: Isabis.9561

Isabis.9561

It’s because Corrupt Boon turns your stability boon into Fear.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corrupt_Boon

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: Tinius.1380

Tinius.1380

Wiki:

Bug.Contrary to the description, stability does not provide immunity against fear.

Stability and fear.

in PvP

Posted by: Zardar.7508

Zardar.7508

‘’corrupt boon’’ turns all boons into condtions,thus stability is turned into fear instantly.
End of story.