Stabilty on dodge - sounds OP & lame

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.
Putting 5/8 classes being vigor boon kitten and energy sigils aside,

a dodge is 1s inuvlnerable every 10s.

Stabilty like every boon will be minimum 1 second duration.

So 1+1=2 means you cant setup your burst on a Reve 20% of time

GG Anet, oh and
NO we dont want more immobilize stacking and
YES hooray since all necros will rellol anyway

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

then what do you think about protection on dodge?

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

This…

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

You do know that they changed stability? So simply 2 CCs should be enough.

I think stability will alot weaker then it is now, so we should what and see how good stability after ad odge really is.

in PvP

Flumek.9043

I wanted to write 7/8 classes have vigor with random doge spam, but that would make it too obvious

in PvP

Posted by: Chasing.2716

Chasing.2716

L2P

/Message Body length must at least be 15.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

This…

protection on dodge is on the most underpowered profession in the game. even with that trait, rangers have never been able to bunker or sustain while doing decent damage. ranger wasn’t the strongest pick before spirits, and the prof is entirely useless in the cele meta. so this trait is moot.

rev looks strong, but remember it’s only one stack per dodge. meaning that even with energy sigils the rev can only counter 4 cc’s, if the opponent I a noob and just blows his load. may be OP with vigor or additional sources of stab though. it’s something to keep an eye on for sure.

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is quite interesting that you chose to ignore the other information we got about Stability from the very same part of the PoI.
The fact that it will not work for more than one CC per stack.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

to be fair to the op, builds in this game vary from multiple cc’s every 10 seconds to perhaps 1 cc on a 60 sec cooldown….

On the other hand…boon conversion will be funny……

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I see they are reworking Stab and thats all very interesting but attaching it to something as universally available to the Rev as Dodge is very dangerous. Just think do you want Dodge → Heal with Stab to be available? Quite a few classes need to use timing to CC and burst after a dodge, adding an extra second (this is an assumption btw – could be more) of immunity to that CC and burst gives a Rev player so much extra thinking time.

Dodge is already an extremely powerful mechanic adding the most influential boon to it seems a bit too far.

in PvP

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Hello.

GG Anet, oh and NO we dont want more immobilize stacking and

So what’s wrong with stability on dodge?
Thieves get dodge on dodge(15 energy for 50, dodge every 3.5 seconds under vigor which they also have) and are somewhat invulnerable 70-80% of the time in S/D spec.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Can’t wait for a Rev to dodge straight into a Well of Corruption. It’s going to be my favorite.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I for one am looking forward to corrupting the hell out of revenants.

So they can just swap mallyx, get a full heal + resistance, and throw all those condis right back on YOUR WHOLE TEAM?

Mallyx reves will eat condi users/teams up hard-core.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Meanwhile necros have a Mark of Blood on dodge that is in the trait line that has never been used by a single necro and is useless if there are no enemies nearby to trigger it.

Balanced? Sure! Like the rest of this esports game.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Hello.

GG Anet, oh and NO we dont want more immobilize stacking and

So what’s wrong with stability on dodge?
Thieves get dodge on dodge(15 energy for 50, dodge every 3.5 seconds under vigor which they also have) and are somewhat invulnerable 70-80% of the time in S/D spec.

That is a terrible arguement… “Whats wrong with X? Y is ludicrously broken!” Two things can be OP you know.

in PvP

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

So they can just swap mallyx, get a full heal + resistance, and throw all those condis right back on YOUR WHOLE TEAM?

This is what I’m most afraid of. It really looks like any condition based build won’t stand a chance against a revenant. I don’t want to overreact as the class isn’t even out yet, but I hope they implement it correctly (as in: there will still be ways to outplay revenants on condi builds).

in PvP

Flumek.9043

Meanwhile necros have a Mark of Blood on dodge that is in the trait line that has never been used by a single necro and is useless if there are no enemies nearby to trigger it.

Balanced? Sure! Like the rest of this esports game.

And the thing had to be nerfed at the glorious times of dhuumfire + it has a cooldown so necro cant abuse his many dodges

But back to topic,
- its a 2 second stabilty
- a 15pt MINOR trait

Great, a Reve will do 1x dodge every 8,5s —> and at least 1+2= 3s of time where ur team cant focus him.

P.S.
Full initiave thief spamming pistol#4 against stacks of stabilty new meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Argilla.8340

Argilla.8340

What the kitten is this kitten? I hope A-net is trolling, because this class is just kittening op as hell….

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Guys, HamBow gonna be viable again Kappa

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

This is what I’m most afraid of. It really looks like any condition based build won’t stand a chance against a revenant. I don’t want to overreact as the class isn’t even out yet, but I hope they implement it correctly (as in: there will still be ways to outplay revenants on condi builds).

Condition necros will do just fine. Malyx Revenants do half of the condition stacking for them, and it’s a simple matter to strip Resistance and watch them melt.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Condition necros will do just fine. Malyx Revenants do half of the condition stacking for them, and it’s a simple matter to strip Resistance and watch them melt.

Together with your entire team once he activates his elite.

in PvP

Muchacho.2390

You guys realize the elite’s transfer is melee range and only transfers one condition to one person (up to five targets) every 3 seconds, right?

I dont think it works this way. It seems to pulse every 3 seconds and copies all condition on the revenant for 3 seconds to nearby enemies.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I might, assuming things don’t chnage too much, make a build with stab on roll and the cc break on legend swap. Should be a pretty hard build to pin down. Hopefully sword will be a good power weapon and I still need to see more melee dps oriented legends, but I could see a tank/Power dps brawler set up being pretty fun, and at the very least, hard as hell to hold still.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Think how well this will work with “dodge on-hit” (1-pt retribution trait). Its like taking “feline grace” and making it adept level. Further, giving great boon-access on-dodge. Take an energy sigil and you can be as evasive as a thief.

Add in some access to invuln frames (which I am sure some skills will have) and it will be like fighting a heavy-armor thief that heals like an ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I see people concerned about Sigils of Energy with the synergy of this trait, but I’m curious how the on-swap Sigils are gonna be able to work on Rev exactly. From what I see, they have no way at all to swap weapon skillsets (how Engi and Ele can pull this off) to make them proc. Swapping Legends isn’t exactly the same and only changes the utilities. Also, when swapping Legends, their built up Energy pool goes back to 50% so trying to abuse this trait might not be as beneficial in the course of a fight as some people are assuming. The adept minor trait is pretty good though considering they don’t appear to have any other Vigor.

What I’m mostly excited about, based on what we’ve seen so far, is how ridiculous berserker Rev is looking to be. I’m guessing something like 4/4/0/0/6 is gonna be a really nice setup. Fury gives +30% Crit Chance!?! O.O sounds nummy. Not to mention Rev is looking to have on of the most survivable zerker builds in the game. Soooo much passive…

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Together with your entire team once he activates his elite.

Only if your team is hugging the Revenant. He won’t last long without Resistance anyway, so you might have to worry about two pulses.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Muchacho.2390

I am pretty sure we can expect alot of balance changes to the revenent they showed us.