SteepledHat.1345

They all switched to thief after you took that screen shot right? :P

One actually swapped to guard before the start. O.O

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Stack it up boys, we gotta go.

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

OMG DH’s are weak they are in a very bad spot atm, if u die to a DH pls learn to dodge…
We got nerfed so many times, bla bla bla…
i did it for you @Kuya, now u dont have to even bother

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

But in the highest level of organized ESL play, DH is not used. Therefore the class is majorly underpowered and needs immediate buffs to all areas plus a magic gun capable of oneshotting enemies every 30 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

OMG DH’s are weak they are in a very bad spot atm, if u die to a DH pls learn to dodge…
We got nerfed so many times, bla bla bla…
i did it for you @Kuya, now u dont have to even bother

Tbf it isn’t that guards are weak, they’re definitely strong now a days,the dodge comments are reserved for those saying they insta die to full trapper DHs, and in terms of bad spots ESPORTZ ESL PRESENCE. Then the claims that DH is broke af because apparently you can die now compared to S1-S3, Then the removal of precious Merc Amulet and clerics further removed safety from other classes, and the same thing would probably happen with DH if you got rid of Marauder’s Amulet.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

It’s almost like DH has a low skill floor or something.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Lel L2P nub

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

This is great, keep it up lol!

in PvP

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

I have the feeling Evan has a lot of job security right about now. This is a good thing, he’s like the anti-Gaile Gray

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

You should increase it. Make them have to press buttons sometimes.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I have the feeling Evan has a lot of job security right about now. This is a good thing, he’s like the anti-Gaile Gray

I’m excited to finally have MMR out in the open. We can get some great community feedback like what professions dominate which skill ratings to better handle player perception. We have metrics like this internally, but its super tedious to look up the skill rating of every player that gives balance feedback on the forums.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

I’m excited to finally have MMR out in the open. We can get some great community feedback like what professions dominate which skill ratings to better handle player perception. We have metrics like this internally, but its super tedious to look up the skill rating of every player that gives balance feedback on the forums.

That means only the gold and above players will decide the new buffs/nerfs?

I <3 this new system!

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

doesnt surprise me since they nerfed its counterclass rev.

in PvP

Menyus.4610

well about your your rating i was paltinum and now im in gold tier 3, and in evry match up i got a team8 who randomly roaming the map for free kills no kdiding, had a match up where a longbow ranger(base longbow ranger) didnt even fight on point , gold tier 3…..

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

So its working as intended then

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

well about your your rating i was paltinum and now im in gold tier 3, and in evry match up i got a team8 who randomly roaming the map for free kills no kdiding, had a match up where a longbow ranger(base longbow ranger) didnt even fight on point , gold tier 3…..

My last 3 games I literally didnt’ have a single competent teammate. Between typical non-plat thieves not doing ANYTHING they’re supposed to do, druids basically going afk (no idea why 90% of druids in lower MMR do this, guess it’s just something about the personality of players that play ranger), etc.

I can’t blame the matchmaking anymore. It’s just bad luck. Fortunately it’s probably short-run, but it makes me not want to play when I’m absolutely dependent on 4 other people to stand a chance in the game and they fail me a LOT.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

My last 3 games I literally didnt’ have a single competent teammate. Between typical non-plat thieves not doing ANYTHING they’re supposed to do, druids basically going afk (no idea why 90% of druids in lower MMR do this, guess it’s just something about the personality of players that play ranger), etc.

I can’t blame the matchmaking anymore. It’s just bad luck. Fortunately it’s probably short-run, but it makes me not want to play when I’m absolutely dependent on 4 other people to stand a chance in the game and they fail me a LOT.

As bottom bronce, it suprises me how well the rotation works and communication. Sometimes….

Most of the games make a lot of fun there – i allways assumed higer divisions are extremly well organised because of that – even with randoms

in PvP

Menyus.4610

Did two more matches, lost all of them, but found out the new meta 2 condi necro, 2 dh doesnt matter if bunker or not both do the usual “dh bunker damage” u know 2-4k test of faith, and sone random it can be anything this 2, my team8s are dying like flies, not even a single condi cleanse were used, u know 12 torment lest just run trhought that trap, they so kind a thief who cant dps down a scrapper with 5% hp, a kind ranger who leaves point to get the kill, finishing the enemy fast noooooo autoattacking it from 1m with longbow, how the hell people like this got into gold, also lets assume im this naab too and i just qq here rather then studying to my exams, so i get 3 top stats and become number 1 on the leaderboard with points we win i get 28 rankpoint, (we win to 350-500) next round we loose i gain also 3 stop stats which is like kinda rare with thief this time number 2 on the leadboard with points and i loose 32 ranpoint…. is this intended, why not monitoring the palyers individually even if i loose im trying so hard in the last seconds too, where y team8s stops at 340-450 cos they lost a point… duh

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That’s a big balance problem though. Every class should have about the same skill floor, otherwise 1 class will dominate the lower end of PvP because its just too effective despite not even knowing how to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Guardians are amazing right now

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Evan knows what’s up. Acknowledging the problem is the first step to fixing it.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

You still have to get the balance ppl to change things

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

You still have to get the balance ppl to change things

and pray to god on high that they “balance” the correct things.

@evan, so far gold and plat are crawling with DH/Teef stackers, and unfortunately, because the low skill floor of DH, they have powerful defensive skills with excessive “fire and forget” offensive abilities. That combination absolutely WRECKS mid → low skill players. its incredibly disheartening to watch ur 2 allied teefs insta die to ToF………

(edited by Vicariuz.1605)

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Instant way to improve balance:
Remove all passives and increase cd’s of big skills.

Game becomes less spammy and the players who know how to time and land their stuff win. Plus you have fewer carry builds because people can’t rely on a passive trigger to win.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Evan , how about adding the Profession icon next to each player in the leaderboard signifying which class they have the most percentage of games on this season. Easy way to find out which class is OP and the rest of us will be able to see it in real time every day.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I think I’m more aware of this than most of your community.

in PvP

Posted by: So Buff.5627

So Buff.5627

I made a post similar to this experience. Why can’t they just lock professions. Whatever class you are when you hit Join Ranked, that’s the class you play as during the match. This way the game can create a well rounded class team. GW1 did this. Why not bring it over to GW2?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

That’s a big balance problem though. Every class should have about the same skill floor, otherwise 1 class will dominate the lower end of PvP because its just too effective despite not even knowing how to play.

And for this game, lower end of PvP actually takes up way more than half of the PvP population.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey! Wait a minute — what does that even mean!?

~engages in rage typing~

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Lol, like that was ever a thing. #PostTruth

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Depends on what build you play, I’ve stopped using traps in ranked at the start of this season and people don’t know what’kitten them. Burn guard ftw.

And let’s be fair, no class is hard to use, being good with a class, that’s a different story.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

~engages in rage typing~

It means you didn’t just write some very badly mangled code that nobody else in the company could decipher. At least that is the typical meaning of “job security” that I’ve encountered …

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

And for this game, lower end of PvP actually takes up way more than half of the PvP population.

But it only makes sense to consider the state of the game for an extreme minority. Any feedback can just be dismissed as crying on the part of an unskilled majority.

It’s not fun constantly seeing the same classes. I main thief, used to main mesmer before it’s only workable spec was condi. I suspect that certain classes are optimal in upper ranks (like thief for example ), but not so much in silver/bronze because they require team support and coordination to function. Hence, hop on dragonhunter.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Now if only skill raiting showed up when you posted on the pvp forums, you could weed out the actual threads pretty quickly

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Now if only skill raiting showed up when you posted on the pvp forums, you could weed out the actual threads pretty quickly

It’s not that things need weeding. It’s just good that players have rating available as a data point when making suggestions and giving feedback. Something like:
“I have sub 1k rating and hate playing against X”
“Well I have over 2k rating and X is terrible”
This is way more helpful to us!

in PvP

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

~engages in rage typing~

It means you didn’t just write some very badly mangled code that nobody else in the company could decipher. At least that is the typical meaning of “job security” that I’ve encountered …

No it just means we’re free to have a lively back and forth discussion without worrying we’re gonna offend each other. One with transparency that fosters trust instead of turning our nose-in-the air and squelching discussion that isn’t carebear and makes everyone feel special. Basically, never seen a dev throw so many sick burns and get away with it

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Yeah sorry, sometimes gw2 forums brings out the passive aggressiveness in all of us.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Which, imo, is even more reason to nerf guards/DH ability to carry a player and possibly buff them again in high level play (because I’m honestly not sure how competitive they are at higher levels)

in PvP

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

DH has a low skill floor. Maybe thats a good thing, and then, why don’t other classes also have at least one build that has a low skill floor? Why does DH get special treatment?

Its one thing to expect players coming from PvE or elsewhere to change their build to be successful at PvP, that is fine. But having to change to an entirely different class is pretty annoying, and doesn’t seem like a good idea if you are trying to get more people into PvP. Though, if you only want to get skilled people & DHs, maybe its a good idea.

As a denizen of the bronze pits, it would be nice to see fewer DHs. Makes the game a bit dull.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

I have said already. Another DH meta. This is not a balance problem. This is a design problem. They are not make any main modify for DH since S1.

If a AOE skill – no spell time, huge damage , short CD, area sustained, Invisible, big region. This is a irresponsible design and will get suck surly.

DH have three skill like this and 2 or 3 stack together per team. So new players don’t have any chance in this game and they are also implicate other exp players.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

@Evan Lesh: Love everything about this season, but class stacking is an issue. Don’t know if we need to bring it to one, but definitely no more than 2.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

If you come to play a game than see DH everywhere and spam their trap. BOOM BOOM BOOM man down everywhere. what did you feel? join them? or leave this game? only one word for their feeling : unbalance.

People come to play your game. Not come to learn your game. Don’t want to control player play what class or want they learn how to fight a class.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: Kokoro.8437

Kokoro.8437

Now all you need to do is show the skill rating of the poster on the PvP forums!

Miyoshinono, Yama no Akikaze Sayofukete, Furusato Samuku, Koromo Utsu Nari.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Now all you need to do is show the skill rating of the poster on the PvP forums!

Seriously? That’s the response? I think you are both missing the point. It doesn’t matter that the top players know how to deal with DH, when it is clear more than half the player base doesn’t. Is it really healthy for the game to have 3-7 DH in the majority of games?

DH moves slow, succumbs to boon hate, good ranged attacks, and is outclassed by skill. But it destroys everything that does not take advantage of its weaknesses. The question is: “Does your ability to outplay the opposing team’s DH outweigh your ability to destroy beginners on the opposing team with DH?” Most have decided, for good reason, it is easier to destroy beginners with DH.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Its not a lot of fun fighting DHs at lower skill levels. They are just way too high reward for brainless play

in PvP

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

~engages in rage typing~

No it just means we’re free to have a lively back and forth discussion without worrying we’re gonna offend each other. One with transparency that fosters trust instead of turning our nose-in-the air and squelching discussion that isn’t carebear and makes everyone feel special. Basically, never seen a dev throw so many sick burns and get away with it

Heh … I guess I am a bit spoiled by GGG.