Staff Ele Build

Staff Ele Build

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I posted this in the ele forums but I think may be beneficial here. I’ve played about 30 matches with this build at roughly a 50% win rate. I am currently in platinum 1.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMICNYidOA+MAcYiFWArYDkBmAuV1uaZlIBcACAA-TJxHABA8AA8Y/B6LDo8FAAA

Pros of this Build
1. Huge control of the field through immobalize and cc
2. High self-healing (trust me the sustain is there if you utilize blasts well)
3. Decent ally support through blasting water fields
4. Just the right amount of condi removal to be affective
5. Can 1v1 well on point
Cons of this Build
1. Not enough damage to be considered a dps. Its more of a cc/bruiser type.
2. Allies will be raging that you aren’t a traditional aura share ele
3. Most 1v1’s will be a stalemate
4. Team-oriented build so if your team can’t capitilize with on-point pressure its not affective.
How to use this Build
The build is pretty straight forward. You wan’t to utilize fire and air from afar and close in on enemies while in Earth and Water. You can overload air if you feel its safe enough to engage the fight.
I like to overload earth to get the enemies caught, use earth skills as you see fit afterwards.
I usually follow up with a small water and utilize the heal to blast. I don’t recommend using big water unless your team needs the condi removal or you really need a water field. Make sure to start your water rotation with ice spike so that you get the additional water field blast.
The reason I chose Rune of the Flock was because its a blind every 10s, which is really good in 1v1 situations. It also slightly boosts the heal potential of arcane brilliance.
I will attempt a video in the next few days to show it off. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bad Elementalist

Staff Ele Build

in PvP

Posted by: StabbyCakes.8736

StabbyCakes.8736

I like your sig. <3

Staff Ele Build

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Video pls, only it would really assure me it’s a decent build.

Staff Ele Build

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

It’s not the build that’s good, but the players you face are bad.

Staff Ele Build

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

go with mender which will buff your sustain

Staff Ele Build

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’ve tried it, I want to like it but it’s as you say. It’s a bruiser build. IMO it’s not a step to the direction those of us who want ele diversity in pvp. It’s great if you want to mess around but you need a communicative team for this to work as intended.

Staff Ele Build

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Thanks for your inputs guys. I find it affective enough to use in platinum and thought i’d share it.

Its like chasind says, its not a dps build that ele’s wanted but its something different if you aren’t into the d/f support meta.

The build could probably use some adjustments since I haven’t played around with all possible options. I just think if you are playing staff then you have to be realistic in your expectations for it.

Bad Elementalist

Staff Ele Build

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

just think if you are playing staff then you have to be realistic in your expectations for it.

This…this right here sums up sooooo many threads about wanting to use a specific weapon or something non meta that may not work and complaining that its not working.

Very well put. I applaud you good sir and/or madam

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Staff Ele Build

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I’ve been having a lot of luck with staff too, except I’ve continued to use menders and earth. At first I didn’t think the ability to blast on the ice field and water fields more frequently would add much but I’ve been getting matches with 700k healing, which is insane compared to my little 200k dagger focus runs. The CC and aoe pressure is also slightly more effective, you just only miss out on that sweet sweet obsidian flesh.

Being able to hand out that much more support and aoe pressure seems to be making up for those occasional secured stomps and rezzes. There’s less chance you’ll need it when your team is that much more likely to steam roll.

I used to rank the support builds from top to bottom as d/f, d/w, and then staff. Now I’m certain staff is better than d/w. d/f should still be better in legendary due to how mechanically sound mesmers and thiefs are, but staff might actually be better on average for ranks below it.