Start Decay feels to fast

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

I remember Arenanet Dev said we have now hourly decay and it feels like this.

When i get a Rank on Leaderboard i have to play all day not to lose ranks per hour from Decay – thats tooo much

can´t you make this decay thing start after 3-5 days or something? Because atm i feel i have to play 24h to archieve something

I was rank 11 than play tp some hours and later I was rank 50 than palyed matches and back to 21-25 somehow and next day rank 80 and played some games back to 25 and now later on day rank 100+

I dont know – but it feels just not right. Decay starts to fast. Ok maby i was somehow unlucky and alot other guyz just passed me in ranking and thats why im falling when i dont play but seriously, gimme a break^^

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I will dumb it down how decay works:
If you stop playing and are rank 20 lets say, then you will decay every hour for not playing, BUT if you queue up again the system thinks you are rank 20 still. The decay is only in place for people that get to top 10 and never play again. So in your first example you when you queued up again your online leaderboard decayed rank said 50, but when you entered solo q you were rank 11, so when you lost you lost from rank 11 not 50.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Feels alright to me, though I would prefer a slower but permanent decay. I was rank 97 last night and when I checked a few hours ago had only dropped to 111.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

keep the reset in mind which means ranks will have big jumps before they settle

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

Just to further what I said yesterday. I played a game and dropped from 115 to 58 or so. I haven’t played since around 10 PM or so last night and rank is currently 66. So I only dropped 8 ranks in about 15 hours. Doesn’t seem that bad to me at the moment. Though I think that depends on rank, since when I was at 190 and checked to see how far it would drop if I let it go for a hour and it dropped 7 positions in the first hour.

Isn’t there an external website that keeps track of leaderboard information? Can someone provide me with a link please?

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

I remember Arenanet Dev said we have now hourly decay and it feels like this.

When i get a Rank on Leaderboard i have to play all day not to lose ranks per hour from Decay – thats tooo much

can´t you make this decay thing start after 3-5 days or something? Because atm i feel i have to play 24h to archieve something

I was rank 11 than play tp some hours and later I was rank 50 than palyed matches and back to 21-25 somehow and next day rank 80 and played some games back to 25 and now later on day rank 100+

I dont know – but it feels just not right. Decay starts to fast. Ok maby i was somehow unlucky and alot other guyz just passed me in ranking and thats why im falling when i dont play but seriously, gimme a break^^

ranks have big jumps after a leaderboard reset

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

It can be a bit annoying but i dont think its too bad. I got to rank 18 on Wednesday and haven’t played solo q since and i only decayed to 28.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

i think the decay is ok , leeder must be for ppl focused on pvp not for casual players , the problem is that even u drop from decay then play one game u get your mmr back so tbh we dont have any decay :P They should change it that u gain like at least 80%-90% of your mmr back

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

I’m somewhat confused about the volatility of the LB now. I went from rank 34 down to around 280 in 1 night of decay, and then lost two games and lost 200ish slots for each. Now I’m climbing back up after those losses dropped me off the board, and was at 840 when I stopped last night, but now decayed completely off the LB.

I’m fine with this as I had a few bad matches/I messed up and I’m only at 5-4 since the reset, but what I don’t understand is this. I notice some people in the 50-200 range haven’t played a game at all since Weds. and have only decayed roughly 20-50 spots, whereas I didn’t play a game and dropped quite a lot. Perhaps this is a function of more people playing and entering the <500 range?

I’m not complaining or anything, it just seems to be super volatile the more you play. Had I only played 2 games, I would have been ranked higher even with the decay than if I play more often, as I had some iffy matchups.

Anyone else noticing this?

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

(edited by AshinDreidon.3861)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

ok, its not all the “decay” often its people just passing you who play more

thread was to early^^

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

from what i see the lower u are on leeder the decay hit harder so necx broken thing :P

in PvP

AshinDreidon.3861

ok, its not all the “decay” often its people just passing you who play more

thread was to early^^

That’s what I figure. I just wanted to see if anyone else could confirm that. It makes sense that on the lower end of the board the more people would pass, which is what I thought. I was just a bit unsure since I have a few friends who played 2 games and have sat in the 50-100 range because they are 2-0, whereas people who’ve played more games seem more susceptible to movement.

(edited by AshinDreidon.3861)

in PvP

AshinDreidon.3861

from what i see the lower u are on leeder the decay hit harder so necx broken thing :P

From my own movement I think it’s that if you’re on the lower end there are naturally more people passing you. For example, I had a somewhat unfortunate streak of losses that I’m climbing back from but if someone who wins their first game, they will probably be placed higher than me. So, it looks like it’s a fast decay but really its people quickly passing where I am even if they’ve only played 1 or 2 matches.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I agree about the people passing making it seem like decay is faster than it actually is. When you are up in the higher ranks you seem to be moved much more quickly, because a lot more people hit those ranks.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

Also, I am 69 currently and boards are about to flip again. I still haven’t played since last night.

So at 10 PM or so last night I was 58 after playing a game, previous to this I was 111, which had decayed over 15 or so hours from 97. Earlier today I was 66 (dropped 8 ranks in about 15 hours) and when I just checked a few minutes ago I was 69. Boards just flipped again and I am now 68 and haven’t played yet. Seems fine to me. Grand total for 18 hours during a holiday weekend is only 10 ranks lost.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

AshinDreidon.3861

I think it seems fine too. I think the perceived decay has more to do with people moving up and down a lot. If the placement range for 0 matches played is roughly 500 on the ladder, it makes sense to see a ton of movement based on people winning their first or second match. I’m not sure why there is placement on the ladder after only 1 or 2 games though. I was expecting at least 10 or 11 before people would show.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I think it seems fine too. I think the perceived decay has more to do with people moving up and down a lot. If the placement range for 0 matches played is roughly 500 on the ladder, it makes sense to see a ton of movement based on people winning their first or second match. I’m not sure why there is placement on the ladder after only 1 or 2 games though. I was expecting at least 10 or 11 before people would show.

I don’t know. I think I entered around 850-900 (can’t remember exactly) or so and have steadily dropped to my current rank over about 15-20 games.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You have to playe veryday to get mystic coins. To get laurels. Every fortnight to keep up with living story..it is just the trend.