State of balance - Guardian perspective pt.2

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Hey guys, we’ll be doing another podcast tomorrow about the current balance in this game since the Oct 15th patch. We’ll be starting around 8pm EDT at http://www.twitch.tv/arken_elric. We’re going to have topics so it doesn’t last as long as the previous podcast.

Also, here’s the 1st thread we put out a few weeks ago prior to the patch and was just an overall view of the balance then. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/State-of-Game-Balance-Guardian-Perspective/first#post2972107. It’s pretty long and we winged it.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Stomping dem guardians easely.

in PvP

Posted by: Drexciyian.9453

Drexciyian.9453

Wheres the vod?

BOON Control

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Ok, we just finished! Check here for the VoD:

http://www.twitch.tv/cymerdown/c/3135996

Sorry for game sounds being a bit too high in the first half, I’ll keep em lower next time.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Sauncho.8076

Sauncho.8076

Good podcast, but no offense, I feel as though you are little bit of an apologist when it comes to Guardians. I agree with the person who you are talking to 100% though. Great job though, keep up the good work.

“Pimpin aint ez”

in PvP

Arken.3725

We tried to keep it as unbiased as possible. If you guys think we can do a better job in a specific area, let us know.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

If you guys could lowers the ui game sound as a whole, I have to REALLY raise the volume to overcome the prevalent ui sounds over your guys voice (for me). Something you guys mentioned on getting blasted out (hammer #4?) did nerf d/d eles in their rotation since they relied on catching people for blowout, but that’s another issue.
edit: the podcast was nice to hear overall as it discusses the main points that any guardian should question/agree.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

Good podcast, but no offense, I feel as though you are little bit of an apologist when it comes to Guardians. I agree with the person who you are talking to 100% though. Great job though, keep up the good work.

Well, my opinions are my own, and others are welcome to disagree with them. I probably just see class balance different than you do, so what you see as anti-Guardian bias is probably just a disagreement with my views. If your answer to the question of, “What is the most powerful spec overall in the game for tPvP?” isn’t Bunker Guardian, then you probably won’t agree with everything that I say, and that’s fine, but that’s where I’m coming from.

Also, I’m kind of glad that Arken and I don’t agree on everything, that would make for a much more boring discussion. :P

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

(edited by cymerdown.4103)

in PvP

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

So basically, both Spvp’ers and PvE’ers have no interest at all in the 4 second fury.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

As far as I am concerned Guardians’ are an extremely pigeonholed class in tpvp that gets much weaker the farther you get away from a classic Middle point Bunker/support type role. That doesn’t mean you can be successful at those other roles if you are or your team is just plain better then your opponents but I personally see no reason to run a guardian as anything but classic center bunker type spec and that to me is not how A-net sold the game to me so even though people will tell me I am nuts I am not over-all happy with the class because I detest the whole idea of bunkers and think it is one of the biggest problem with this game that archetype. Now I am not saying all classes should be able to do everything equally well that would be ludicrous I am just saying i feel the difference between guardian strength as a center point bunker and other roles it could do such as dps or roamer for example is too large.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

in PvP

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

I loved guardian in Power Meta, now it just collects dust on the shelf due to everything thats happened, to top it off, ANET seems to push it even more to support roles..

I didnt make a gaurdian to fill a support role.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

Arken.3725

It’s true, I honestly believe that there should be multiple viable roles for each profession. As I stated in the podcast, each profession should have three viable specs.

in PvP

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

It’s true, I honestly believe that there should be multiple viable roles for each profession. As I stated in the podcast, each profession should have three viable specs.

I can’t say i enjoy that idea too much. Just 3? I think if they made more things powerful and enticing there wouldn’t be just 3 or 4 viable specs, specs could be mixed and matched and not need to be one maximized build.

in PvP

Arken.3725

I can’t say i enjoy that idea too much. Just 3? I think if they made more things powerful and enticing there wouldn’t be just 3 or 4 viable specs, specs could be mixed and matched and not need to be one maximized build.

Right but what I was getting at was focusing specifically on the Areas of Support, Damage and Bunker. There would be more viable builds outside these in terms of becoming a hybrid. Obviously if you decided to go the route of say a Damage/Support spec, your damage and support should not be that of someone who has traited mainly in one of these areas.

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

shhhhhhh

That’s too productive and well thought out to be forum post worthy sir. Organized purposes of classes in pvp… what are you thinkin man?

in PvP

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

Right but what I was getting at was focusing specifically on the Areas of Support, Damage and Bunker. There would be more viable builds outside these in terms of becoming a hybrid. Obviously if you decided to go the route of say a Damage/Support spec, your damage and support should not be that of someone who has traited mainly in one of these areas.

Now that makes much more sense. Sadly enough i don’t think guards will make it to that position…..well anytime to soon. In my eyes the sword,mace, shield, and maybe torch would need almost entire reworks, the zeal and radiance tree pretty much tossed. Our class skill , virtues, redone (compared to like the in and out of DS, the active play or Burst skills, or even the choices and timing of steal its just bad passive gameplay. I think the class (though mildly popular) is really far from what it should/could be in a Gw2 settings.

But i’m being pretty harsh on Guards because its my main. They are a great class. Though their skills and abilities just don’t feel streamlined together to me. As well as traits.

Oh and that Symbols to Auras idea. I would give up the entire zeal tree for that.

in PvP

Arken.3725

Possibly, we were really talking about all professions, not just the Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Drexciyian.9453

Drexciyian.9453

next time turn down your game sound if you’re going to play while doing something like this

BOON Control

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

Definitely, I was going to do a sound check before I started, but then forgot to. The sound got adjusted around halfway through, so you can jump forward a bit if you like. I’ll keep it in mind for next time.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream