State of sPvP (meta & pip whining)

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.1405

Vena.1405

TL;DR I am unhappy with the pip ranking system and the current meta.

Lately i find myself logging on to do my 3 ranked matches a day and then logging off. Mostly to keep the meta going. I am not having fun in sPvP anymore. Since the expansion I haven’t really either. It feels like work. Not to mention my main class (Thief) is no where to be found. Yes it can do some things but it gets out classed in everything besides back capping points. But this isn’t my main kitten today.

No my main kitten today is the current meta and the whole PIP system. The meta is what players find to be the best possible builds that have the most success. So it’s not the players fault for using the strongest builds to adapt to the current meta. It’s Anets fault for still not jumping in and changing things. (My ideas on what to change is a whole different kitten) I understand that they cannot just change things quickly, but look at meta battle. Since week 2 of expansion the meta builds haven’t changed besides dropping Dragon-hunter down and Scrapper as well. so there are 4 classes each with 1 build that’s “meta”. And its true, that’s all i see in matches. Again I cant blame players for using it. It’s just created this whole bunker fight that can last 5 minutes on a point.

As for pips. I like the idea of gaining ranks because after you hit rank 80 what else do you do? I think they should hide what division you are in when you’re in the open world or wvw because its stupid. My biggest complaint is the system of gaining and losing. I’ve won a match and lost a pip, and ive lost a match and gained 2. They need to redo the system so that it’s more player friendly. Yes in higher ranks maybe change it, but up to Ruby/Diamond it should reward you a little bit easier. (Currently I am in Tier 2 of Ruby) It just doesn’t seem consistent. With the afks and then disconnects that punish your team very hard sometimes. It needs a good reworking.

Don’t worry everyone. In 1 month we will get a balance patch and pray they do something.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The balance patch won’t fix Anet. They have no interest in making this game actually fun. Not really sure what they want from the game. It’s not eSports and it’s certainly not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The top players have already solved this current meta (not just traits and classes but also strategies.) Why do you think they frequently play until it times out? Once things are solved that should raise some alarm bells to rebalance.