State of the Game podcast

in PvP

Posted by: Spitu.8657

Spitu.8657

Bring back a State of the Game type podcast. While Ready Up can be good, it’s nowhere near what SotG was. More Players, Less Devs.

To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands,
but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Yes! I also prefer to listen to ppl that actually know what they are talking about and not just reading a script.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If you just want to hear top players talk about GW2 its not at all that hard to find them somewhere giving their opinion. Now, if you want to combine that with a dev, like SotG originally did, all I can say is good luck.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Out of curiosity, are you guys more interested on just getting a formal show for higher level players to express their opinions (probably w/o devs) or more like a direct interaction between devs and players on those issues (what SOTG was before)?

edit: Wurdz

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

in PvP

Posted by: Your Game My Rules.5324

Your Game My Rules.5324

Out of curiosity, are you guys more interested on just getting a formal show for higher level players to express their opinions (probably w/o devs) or more like a direct interaction between devs and players on those issues (what SOTG was before)?

edit: Wurdz

I’d say something it needs something GW1 had:
A Test Krew, with pretty much the “top lvl” players testing GW2 skillupdates and giving their feedback, is what we need

Cptn Zhu ~ A Haven Of Tranquility [Home]
Several GW1 goldcapes ~

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

A Test Krew, with pretty much the “top lvl” players testing GW2 skillupdates and giving their feedback, is what we need

This is already a thing, though. There are players who alpha/beta test the updates coming into the game before it goes live, including top tier PvP players.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Your Game My Rules.5324

Your Game My Rules.5324

This is already a thing, though. There are players who alpha/beta test the updates coming into the game before it goes live, including top tier PvP players.

I clearly not believe those PvP players accepted dhummfire and other stuffs. I meant a Test Krew that has actually some power towards game updates

Cptn Zhu ~ A Haven Of Tranquility [Home]
Several GW1 goldcapes ~

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I’ll put some quotes of the “testers” before skyhammer release.
“We’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from our playtesters,”
. . . “Pretty much as soon as we threw this in for testing, our internal playtesters said, ‘This has to go on Live.’”
. . . “People who have played this map already have been more excited about playing PvP. "

and now we have the most hated map by the pvp community.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

I luv skyhammer!

Only because so many hate it to make trolling ezier

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

I clearly not believe those PvP players accepted dhummfire and other stuffs. I meant a Test Krew that has actually some power towards game updates

Of course the PvP players didn’t accept it. Surprisingly enough though, the game isn’t actually all about PvP, and Skyhammer, Dhuumfire, and insert any other change that you think was awful here, was supported by some players.

Players should never have direct power over game balance, they can give input, try to convince devs that they are right, and talk all they want, but players aren’t these magical balancing gods, they’re just people who play the game. Leave developing to the developers, and just try to give them advice and helpful criticism to point them in the right direction.

My PvP Minion Build