State of the Game: sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-world-vs-world-season-1/?utm_source=client

Well, there you go. This is their focus. This is what they want. Not sPvP. Looks like the copied Mist League in everyway. When I read this. I just fell out on the floor laughing.

Farewell.

Bad game Bad.

Would it not be nice to see something like this in game for sPvP?
Of course I know it is impossible considering how poorly (un) structured the PvP is.
Tell me your thoughts about this.
How do you feel being second hand citizens to WvW…which I will continue to say is not PvP.

Where do I get a refund on my collectors edition of Gw2?

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

This is a major slap in the face of pvpers

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

This is a major slap in the face of pvpers

they have been slapping our faces since day one, what did anyone expect?

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

They’re not making necessary balance changes to PvP because PvE scrubs can’t handle it.

Its been like this for a while now.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Spvpers think wvwers get all the attention, and wvwers think spvpers get all the attention. The truth is both groups get shafted in favor of pve.

I don’t think many wvwers actually want the league system. It doesn’t make sense there. They are going to be significantly rewarding servers simply for their population and coverage, which is exactly what wvwers wanted to avoid. This league system is just another example of anet ignoring everything the community asks for and instead coming up with something out of left field that no one even wants.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Only problem is, wvwers don’t want this.

There are better things to do and fix in wvw rather than leagues, however Arena net would prefer to shove it down our throats, put their fingers in their ears and ignore the community.

Basically, exact same situation as spvp – shove down our throat until we give up and pay them.

To recap: we don’t want leagues.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in PvP

Posted by: Lunar Corporation.5720

Lunar Corporation.5720

“We will also be refunding all spent World Ability Points of all characters in the game at the start of the season. This will allow you to decide on a particular play style for the season and load your characters the way you wish to play them”

Terrible way to collect data for pvpers on a bigger scale. (sarcasm) guys this is good for everyone i dun know why anyone would be complaining. Shouldn’t this go to the wvw forum?

Just call me Lunar

in PvP

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

You do know the WvW population is >>>>>>> sPvP population??

Hell the ppl into GvG is more populous that sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

The irony here is that most WvW players (myself included, though less recently), are more or less against this change. Winning a wvw match up is all about coverage and nothing else, having leagues like these is pointless.

which I will continue to say is not PvP.

It is pvp though. Otherwise, given how poor the pvp infrastructure as whole in this game is, it might just as well be declared that there is no pvp at all in GW2.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in PvP

Posted by: Coffee.6394

Coffee.6394

WTAF?

the reason the carrot on a stick works for most mmorpgs is because there’s CONTENT involved.

anet has none, really, as far as any pvp goes.

bring the cows in, THEN fix the frigging barn doors. seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Wouldn’t leagues make a lot more sense in spvp instead of wvw (do not play wvw but from what I’ve seen it just zerging akittens purest for). But I guess invisible mmr is still OK in anet book… =]

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

A quick look at the wvw forums shows that wvw is waaaaaay more popular than spvp. A popular topic here gets about 50 replies. There it is 500.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Kelly you could always go back to GW1!

Trolling aside, October 1st is the balance patch (which I have no faith in). Then another year after we might get a new map with an even BIGGER cannon.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in PvP

Posted by: boumz.9851

boumz.9851

rip in peace spvp

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

All this stuff sounds awesome. Am I the only optimistic person on these forums? Tons of great stuff to come!

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Angriff.1935

Angriff.1935

I think most people missed the part where they said they wont be adding anything to WvW during the whole season. That means they’re probably focusing on other things(maybe PvP).

Now, that doesn’t mean they’ll be focusing on PvP, but at least there’s a glimmer of hope.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Spvpers think wvwers get all the attention, and wvwers think spvpers get all the attention. The truth is both groups get shafted in favor of pve.

True but can we really blame them for making a good business decision? I don’t know what the numbers are, but I’d guess that PvE has something like 200 times as many active players as PvP does. I’d also guess that the average PvEer spends twice as much on gems as the average PvPer.

The harsh reality is that Anet is probably making 400 times as much money from PvE as they are from PvP. Is that their own fault? Probably. But I can certainly see why Anet is not willing to invest much into PvP. Think of it as having two part-time jobs: one pays $4000 a month, the other pays $10 a month.

in PvP

Posted by: Epistemic.8013

Epistemic.8013

I don’t think many wvwers actually want the league system. It doesn’t make sense there. They are going to be significantly rewarding servers simply for their population and coverage, which is exactly what wvwers wanted to avoid. This league system is just another example of anet ignoring everything the community asks for and instead coming up with something out of left field that no one even wants.

Yep. The only face slapping is the palm of my hand hitting my forehead.

in PvP

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

Great. So how does ANet write this?

-PVE Update
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-WvW
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE

?!!?

in PvP

Achilles.2197

True but can we really blame them for making a good business decision? I don’t know what the numbers are, but I’d guess that PvE has something like 200 times as many active players as PvP does. I’d also guess that the average PvEer spends twice as much on gems as the average PvPer.

The harsh reality is that Anet is probably making 400 times as much money from PvE as they are from PvP. Is that their own fault? Probably. But I can certainly see why Anet is not willing to invest much into PvP. Think of it as having two part-time jobs: one pays $4000 a month, the other pays $10 a month.

That’s a pretty big fallacy there. PvP is what keeps a game alive for the long haul, not PvE (see, GW1). The longevity of the game is dependent on keeping people’s attention and though PvE in a “living world” might do that better than the instances from GW1, the last few years of GW1 were only alive due to the PvP playerbase.

So, in essence, $4000 a month for 1 year, or $10 a month forever?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

So, in essence, $4000 a month for 1 year, or $10 a month forever?

Even if my “lifespan” (or the game’s longevity) is 100 more years, $4000 a month for one year would end up being four times as much as the permanent $10. And the game has already been going for a year, so even if every single PvE player quit tomorrow, that would still hold true.

Look, I’m not defending any decisions here, I’m just saying that we can stop being shocked and confused that Anet isn’t throwing millions of dollars at PvP. I just don’t see what’s so surprising about their decision, that’s all.

in PvP

Achilles.2197

Semantics, really. I highly doubt Anet makes any substantial difference in revenue from either playerbase, since they are synonymous. I can only assume they direct more focus into the “living world” because more people are “strictly PvE” and would have nothing to do without continous additions. PvP, however, is perpetual and therefore players can continue to enjoy it’s content without updates (in theory). Of course balance and lack of variety has made the game stale, but it pales in comparison to how much attention a “living world” demands.

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Great. So how does ANet write this?

-PVE Update
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-WvW
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE
-PVE

?!!?

pretty much this. actually u guys in spvp can be happy u got at least a few maps since launch.wvw has not gotten much in that department at all. 3 bl maps that are the same, 1 eb mab. we got masteries that create major issues(best example the ac buff…o.0)
and anet doesnt wanna split spvp class balance and wvw balance, which creates terrible metas. right now warriors, guardian trains and then necros that can instagib an entire zerg, while mesmers are locked into duelist and have to serve as tw/veil bots. then they bring out unbalanced perplexity runes, major skill lag where all u can press is 111111….. but hey look at this new living story.
spvp population is slowly dying out,but hey look we got those new ascended weapons, oh but if u want it u need laurels and grind mats in pve, but hey look at this new living story content.

how about balancing spvp, and then balance wvw separately( dont buff staff eles in wvw please, and warriors are already out of control, so if u buff shouts, wvw will become a nightmare)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

If you dont like the game you can always buy a monkey and give him some bananas and tell us if you feel better

in PvP

selan.8354

If you dont like the game you can always buy a monkey and give him some bananas and tell us if you feel better

i dont think the issue is that we dont like it. we do care about it otherwise why bother with the forums?
i care about the game, but its starting to get boring and is a shame as anet does have the potential to make things better.

for me balance is a big one. i feel weak in wvw atm with my mesmer, so i started to play spvp more and gotta say, yes in spvp i feel stronger, but the imbalance that anet creates by not splitting the game modes, makes me feel stuck with my mesmer in wvw. we are great in spvp, but in wvw if we are not roamers, we are support only in zergs. that pushes me away from the game. if they give mesmers more mutitargeting skills in wvw and bring us back to being a strong fighter in zergs, it will make me wanna play more again.
there is nothing more discouraging than if u play your class and meet another class that can do everything u can, but better and u melt in seconds. u have 1v1 vs warrior in wvw and he keeps healing to full life, stunlocking u to death and u cant even run away. and then u respawn and meet a thief that melts 20k hp in 4 seconds. u find 2 guardians hiding in the water in your keep and 6 people cannot kill them as they are too tough and heal eachother consistantly. u finally get a gate down and u meet 20 necromarks that instakill u and your friends u get chainfeared off a cliff, engineers can perma lock u in a spot while inflicting massive dmg and 25 stacks of confusion for 15 seconds…..
yeah balance is a big big thing for many players out there. i dont wanna be forced to use warrior or make a necro only because spvp prevents my class from getting buffs, because it is s-class in dueling!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

where can we watch state of the game?

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

You said it best. They just simply ignore us in every way. It’s almost like they go against what’s being said in the community.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

E-sports they say… With 3 pvp devs?!… Lets face it, sPvP is gone! On a saturday at prime tine in EU soloQ tournaments take forever to pop. No one is playing sPvP atm…
- terrible class balance
- no build variety
- conquest mod has become boring as hell
- worse meta ever
- devs talk alot but do nothing relevant

I’m going wvwvw only since I hate pve… It’s either that or simply play something else… There are some good looking games on the horizon.

in PvP

selan.8354

E-sports they say… With 3 pvp devs?!… Lets face it, sPvP is gone! On a saturday at prime tine in EU soloQ tournaments take forever to pop. No one is playing sPvP atm…
- terrible class balance
- no build variety
- conquest mod has become boring as hell
- worse meta ever
- devs talk alot but do nothing relevant

I’m going wvwvw only since I hate pve… It’s either that or simply play something else… There are some good looking games on the horizon.

good luck with that as the amaaaaazing spvp balance destroyed wvw balance. hope u are a warrior,necro, guardian or thief. the meta that was created by not balancing spvp and wvw separately created an even worse meta in wvw.
all u see is warriors, warriors and even more warriors(either hammertrains or stunlock), guardiantrains (massretal), necros, that can prettymuch deny an entire zerg the entrance into a keep due to mass necromarks,mass fear, mass conditionbomb and a ton of thieves that melt 20k hp in 4 seconds.
then u got eles that are pretty good there atm, engi have been seen more often lately due to perplexity runes, mesmers are slowly fading into nothingness and are in zergs manly used for veils and tw and then there is rangers…well they are there, but i see barely any lately as they lack like mesmers viable zerg builds(in mesmers case, we got no aoe as clones and phantasms die too quick and a rangerpet melts in 2 seconds)

so yeah meta in wvw will get worse soon with the next spvp buffs.great another 3 months of being a veilbot ty anet!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood