It’s about that time again.

Date: March 14th, 2013
Time: 12PM PDT (8PM GMT)
Guests:
ArenaNet Developers Jon “Chaplan” Sharp, Tyler Bearce, and Karl McLain
Xeph (EU) from Team Paradigm
Nero (NA) from Jesus Beat us Once
Where: GW2Guru Twitch Channel

Feel free to respond to this thread with any questions or concerns that you would like to see addressed. I can’t promise that everything will be covered, but I do my best to represent a wide range of opinions, hardcore and casual players alike.

Here’s a link to our announcement thread on Guru.

If you feel more comfortable reaching out to me personally, feel free to shoot me an email at sotg@guildwarsguru.net.

Thanks guys!

Grouch

(edited by Nord.5360)

State of the Game w/ J Sharp & Tyler Bearce

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

Will either Xeph or Zoose wear cat ears?

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: Nord.5360

Nord.5360

One can only hope…I think.

Grouch

in PvP

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

Ask them when they will start balancing the classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Ask them when Defektive can be on the show.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Yo. Since your probably going to ask only 1 question that any particular person lists.

Id like to know if they are going to improve spvp rewards. In particular the ability to earn xp or something like this, that would attract much more casuals to try spvp.

(i dont want levels in hotm itself , but to earn it somehow for your character outside the spvp world).
Also the ability to earn gold in spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Unless one of them feels like answering this now.
Can they detail the balance process in terms of how long it generally takes to move through things having to consider all 3 formats and how much attention they put to it?

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Nord.5360

Yo. Since your probably going to ask only 1 question that any particular person lists.

Id like to know if they are going to improve spvp rewards. In particular the ability to earn xp or something like this, that would attract much more casuals to try spvp.

(i dont want levels in hotm itself , but to earn it somehow for your character outside the spvp world).
Also the ability to earn gold in spvp.

Hey Daydream,

We’ve discussed this a few times in previous episodes. I mentioned earning laurels via pvp dailies and such, and I don’t think they were averse to the idea.

Personally, I would love to see laurels gained from PvP, as well as even passive exp gain from glory/rank points/wins. I’ve leveled in PvP in just about every MMO I’ve played. It’s a great alternative to killing dragons.

Grouch

in PvP

Nord.5360

Ask them when Defektive can be on the show.

You’re asking the wrong people! Talk to me in-game sometime.

Grouch

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

Natty angus wrench here

Ask them when they are going to nerf engineer.

in PvP

Ruufio.1496

I thought they just nerfed the Engineer lol.

in PvP

Nord.5360

Natty angus wrench here

Ask them when they are going to nerf engineer.

Having you constantly banned is enough of a nerf for the engineer community. They only seem overpowered when your account is active…roughly 2% of the time.

Grouch

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Is it someone’s job to transcribe these interviews and post them on the boards as text?
If not, it needs to be.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Ask them when Pink Puma can be on the show :/

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

With downed state management being such a huge factor in the outcome of large team fights, how do the devs feel the balance between the downed state abilities of the different classes is?

I understand that ANet designed it so that it is easier/better to stomp higher HP/armor classes and DPS down the lower HP/armor classes, but I do not believe it is a coincidence that Warriors and Necros are among the least played classes in high level tPvP and also have the worst downed state (or why Eles exploded in popularity after their downed state got buffed).

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Zoose doesn’t even play in NA anymore :P
Also [NN] is an EU based guild.

in PvP

Ruufio.1496

I remember them asking the devs about the Elementalist downstate specifically and they kind of just, smirked, and dodged the question without actually answering it.

in PvP

Posted by: edruviransu.1029

edruviransu.1029

Zoose doesn’t even play in NA anymore :P
Also [NN] is an EU based guild.

Don’t worry. Xeph will be the NA representative.

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

I think helseth should represent both

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

^good call

I should also be the host of sotg.

And I should take over the position as dev.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

^good call

I should also be the host of sotg.

And I should take over the position as dev.

You know, I think you are on to something but…
I think we need someone that is good at photoshop and another person at programming. The photoshop wiz will crop Helseth’s hair from a picture of him. The programming genius will create a program that will detect the “face center” and then frame Helseth’s hair around the face. In this way we will always be fashionably informed.

Get to work minions!

in PvP

Posted by: Mssg.7804

Mssg.7804

Q Duels are somewhere at the bottom of “To do” list why in your opinion duels are not that much important? In my opinion duels will help to new players because they will be able to learn animation of other classes and also how to counter them. Duels also will take our time while waiting in ques or waiting for friends. Hotjoin duels are not good system because you have to invite some1… then pick server and then leave after 3 min cuz some1 join.

Q2 Why we have so small PvP updates compare to PvE? This game was advertised as good PvP game where devs really care about PvP and looks like reallity is different. After 6 months I feel little bit like I bought product from “MANGO” ad.

Q3 We we still have hidden ninja patches? Every little change in game should be posted on gw2guru or at least gw2forum.

Q4 8 of my friends who were palying GW2 with me left the game… how you want to bring them and people like them back to game (PvP)?

Q5 Looks like you guys are scary of changes, waht about open PTR (public test server) and try all what people on the forum want? I know that this may spoil PvE side of new patches but what about making PTR only for PvP? Or Polls where you will be able to see what palyers really want (visible rating erc…)

Q6 What about making glory vendor with new items and even legendary for like 1mln glory?

(edited by Mssg.7804)

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

at least xeph will be there to ask the tough questions. hope guru gives him the proper air time this time around.

i just wanna know when the hell they plan on ACTUALLY introducing new viable builds for all the profs. branching from that, i also wanna know what they’re doing with ranger spirits.

i guess i have one more question…given how POOR QA is in this game, do they ever plan on giving us access to a PTR so we can help test things before they go live and cause massive uproars.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I am guessing , summer is approching the programers cant stay in the PvP section for too long . They have to fix the bugs of the future contents in PvE-WvWvW-PvP , before their vacations .
Should we expect custom arenas and visible ladder (after u check that ur MMR is workin perfectly and there is not many bugs that ppl cant exploit(guardian mace block) to climb up the ladder) before the summer ?
And realsing specter mode at octomber ?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Please ask about any plans to revamp the Glory system ALSO;
What about the QPs we’ve racked up for what are these mystery prizes they will be useable for later?..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Just try to get more quality questions in this time. Let’s get some NEW info out of them! ;p Don’t let them talk for 90% of the time about how they promise to get everything in, it’s just a matter of WHEN etc.. We need more interesting tidbits to chew on! There is of course the possibility that they truly have nothing interesting to tell, because nothing is happening…

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

I hope one of them speaks out for the forsaken ranger community.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Is the new warrior impale Overpowered?

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallifreyan.1467

Gallifreyan.1467

sPvP question will rank 10s that solo Q still get matched against teams of rank 40s over and over ??

cause thats getting old fast.

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Can you expand on this?

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Ask these guys to think of at least 1 or 2 definate things that they are working on for Spvp that they can get permission to talk about in somewhat concrete terms. I know that its not up to the devs in the interview to determine what they can say. So before this starts they should ask.
SOTG is important because for alot of players, right now, knowing whats up and coming in the short term is going to be really relevant to whether they stick round or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.6257

Zoose.6257

I am going to read all the suggestions from this thread, and try my best to bring up some questions to the Devs guys!

Writing this from the hospital. I dislocated my arm

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.6257

Zoose.6257

I am going to read all the suggestions from this thread, and try my best to bring up some questions to the Devs guys!

Writing this from the hospital. I dislocated my arm

You gotta pace yourself when you self pleasure Zoose…

On a serious note: it was a car accident, but yeah…

I have to be one with my arm

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

I think ballancing should be an important part of this episode, as a lot of people were rely put off by the lack of balance changes in the last patch. This is a good (and quick) video to soak up some knowledge on balancing I think.
Bringing up how getting 1 shot by backstab burst is only fun for the person playing thief, limits the number of viable build options for thiefs in general, and just dumbs down the class in general (can spam it and wont come out of stealth if blocked; don’t have to watch for boons/don’t have to pay attention to interupts), for example.

Advice to Zoose: don’t be afraid to interrupt the devs if they start rambling off common sense rhetoric, be respectful to them, but also be respectful to the community and bring up questions/topics that you think THEY would want brought up.
Also (to Zoose and Xeph), take comfort in the fact that our community is behind you man, it can be a very intimidating situation and I think remembering this can be important. /end pep talk
looking forward to the show!

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

The biggest problem on NA right now is population. After the patch there is literally NO teams out there. Not a single dedicated 5 man. Players are leaving disappointing at the inaction and lack of basic attention to simple frustrations (remember khylo week in paids? I think we all died to more than a few silent trebs)

That said, what are you going to do to bring old players back? What are you going to do to help a new player become a kitten tourney player? From my perspective it seems impossible for a new person to enter into the tourney scene.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

Hey u dont need to host a SOTG ill help u .. the state of the game is bad

bye!

in PvP

Posted by: Argurio.6594

Argurio.6594

Personally, I would love to see laurels gained from PvP, as well as even passive exp gain from glory/rank points/wins. I’ve leveled in PvP in just about every MMO I’ve played. It’s a great alternative to killing dragons.

Agreed xD. Laurels in PvP seems to be a very good thing. It would let the core pvpers like me to have some fun with friends in pve somethimes without having to grind fractals to get ascended gear

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

bye!

Nah, the game is fine, have potential for a great PvP game, only the warrior is quiet a fat bad joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

bye!

Nah, the game is fine, have potential for a great PvP game, only the warrior is quiet a fat bad joke.

Elementalist has to be on par with every other class. Once this happens, more variety will come up. The current metagame evolves around that particular class.
( Changes were only half the work, some more stuff has to be changed )

(edited by Lady Sara Goldheart.2764)

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Can you expand on this?

You can see the sadness even at first glance at the topic titles of the first n second pages if you visit our forgotten little forum page

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger

To lead you to the more specific point,

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-update/page/25

25 pages. You’ll be suprised at which page and date the Devs last replied.Quoted below from the topic.

You know what’s the worst thing about this post?

25 pages of feedback
146k plus views
5 dev responses and the last one being 3 months ago ~on page 8~

If I were to give my quarterly review it’d be:

~Needs Improvement~
If improvement is not achived, send to HR for Firing.

(edited by Verdelet Arconia.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

bye!

Thats what the game is .. “potential” but thats about it

in PvP

Miko.5726

bye!

Thats what the game is .. “potential” but thats about it

Yes, but it´s “imo” only a balance-thing. We´ll never get a “perfect” balance game, but today, is just horrible. In my eyes, warrior, elementist and mesmer, need a complete redesign. Wars is UP in every respect. Why bring a warrior, if you can offer [insert random class here] Every class (Wars don´t ask) have access to stealth and/or teleport-skills. That´s gamebreakable in every mmorpg-game (I speak from personal experience) The advantages are very conspicuous. Also, condition-builds are much to strong. There is no skill behind to spam AoE-skills or stacking bleeding from the outside. The question is: What will A-Net do? I think, they know the problems but have no clue how to change. How do you say that in English? To acknowledge one’s wrongs?

Sorry, i’m afraid my English is a bit rusty.

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Hey Nord, I’ll share my concerns about SotG with you:
I know it is a cool oppertunity to have the Devs on this show so often, but every GW2 SotG i watched ended up as an Interview of the PvP Developers. That does not quite fit my understanding of the format of SotG as I experienced it with other games and as the title itself suggests. I would really enjoy more normal SotG’s (there were 1 or 2 without Devs if I recall correctly) with just members of famous/competitive Teams (the few that are left). There are numerous topics to talk about, that don’t require an Anet employee. Of Course no one wants to watch collective whining, but a serious, informative and entertaining discussion (appropriate guests needed).
I sincerely hope that you consider my suggestion, if you don’t – thanks for reading anyways.

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

My question is: Warrior changes. Do they work on anything, and if so, on what? Trait changes? Weapon redesigns? Triple weapon swap? Condition removal/immunity? Or just tooltip fixes as always?

Warrior definitely is NOT fine. Otherwise we would see more than 2 teams in EU using them.

Don’t let them skip the matter like last time. Grab some pliers and pull their tongues if you have to. We want some answers.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: Razer.5823

Razer.5823

I think helseth should represent both

This! and with catears.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyxorcisten.5786

Hyxorcisten.5786

Q; if I understood it right ladder, custom and spectator was promised kinda latest in marsh, how is it going with that?

Q: rumours from the anvil rock mapchat from a dev said that mmr won’t reset before its gonna be visible. This means if you want to be in the top you cannot play soloQ right now? Is this really optimal?

Hyxorcisten – Denial eSports [Den]

in PvP

Miko.5726

bye!

Elementalist has to be on par with every other class. Once this happens, more variety will come up. The current metagame evolves around that particular class.
( Changes were only half the work, some more stuff has to be changed )

Yes, of course! ONE elementist compensates TWO warriors. The survivability + healability + movement + damage output (as a tanky d/d) + boons is quiet too much, better word, insane! It doesn’t go without notice that eles run in godmode.

Q: Why didn’t A-Net see that coming?

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

Can we expect the MANY traits and utilities that are never being used to get any stronger? For instance, I’d love to use turrets and gadgets on my engineer, but they simply aren’t viable and are a waste of utility slots. If so, can we expect these unviable traits/utilities to be buffed in the March patch? Thanks!

~Vöz

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

How much does PvE balancing considerations effect what they are able to do with PvP balance?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

With more ascended gear coming and how long it can take to acquire ascended gear are you content with characters being restricted to one set of gear? Or would you like to have more variety as is the case with exotics.