State of the Game w/ J Sharp & Tyler Bearce

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

I just have one question regarding rewards for pvp.

1. Are there any plans of adding new gear/weapons exclusive to pvp?

Right now we spend countless hours grinding through the meaningless rank system only to unlock skins that you can get in PvE for a sliver of the effort and time it takes to get it in PvP.

Example: Flame legion gear takes maybe a week tops to earn in PvE with dungeon tokens. In PvP it requires rank 50, which takes months of hardcore nonstop grinding.

(edited by Kugron.5128)

in PvP

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

I think ballancing should be an important part of this episode, as a lot of people were rely put off by the lack of balance changes in the last patch. This is a good (and quick) video to soak up some knowledge on balancing I think.

Yes the devs definitely need to watch that short video. I don’t feel like they’ve applied any of that to the current game.

Unless you’re fighting a warrior. Then everything you do to them is counter play. =P

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in PvP

Posted by: Nord.5360

Nord.5360

ArenaNet Developer (and balance guru) Karl McLain will be joining us as well. That makes…1…2…3 devs. No big deal.

Grouch

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Amazing! Not expecting anything tho, or i’ll be disappointed.

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

ArenaNet Developer (and balance guru) Karl McLain will be joining us as well. That makes…1…2…3 devs. No big deal.

Good news! Can you also say “fair enough” less often. Maybe try to bring in the guests to respond to what the anet guys just said. The past shows have been more of a q and a format and a lot of people want the guests to challenge the assumptions the devs have made.

in PvP

Posted by: Raqanar.3648

Raqanar.3648

Yeah, one Developer more. Less time for questions and serious discussions and more time for them to bring their empty speech bubbles.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Yeah, one Developer more. Less time for questions and serious discussions and more time for them to bring their empty speech bubbles.

I quote this…
Less promises, more facts.

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Can we seriously get an option to disable right-click targeting? That is insanely frustrating in PvP particular.

in PvP

Posted by: Lianon.3479

Lianon.3479

Can we seriously get an option to disable right-click targeting? That is insanely frustrating in PvP particular.

I believe that already exists in options.
I might be wrong, too lazy to check it out.

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

I believe that already exists in options.
I might be wrong, too lazy to check it out.

Nope. Still hasn’t been added. There’s a huge thread in suggestions even since release and Arenanet hasn’t done anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Hopefully the high ranking players present will be objective, because they do seem to have trouble in that regard.. just a tiny bit. Will be interesting to see what an ele has to say.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Well done Grouch. Ignore the naysayers, what you do for this community alongside high level players is far and above what anyone else is doing.

To Arena-net, thankyou for taking the time out of your busy schedules to do these SOTG discussions, this is also far and above what you are required to do as game developers and in my experience over many MMO’s, you are the only dev team to consistently interact with the community in this way outside of forum posts and should be commended for it.

To players wanting to put the developers under siege or over the coals so to speak, remember this, they don’t have to do a SOTG at all and Xeph has it right, it’s a nicety and a way to build a relationship with the players, not a medium to rage or put the hard word on them.

Keep it up. Like many other players, I’m interested in many things that were promised or coming to the sPvP scene and if they are successful I might start streaming again. I’ve been offline e a few months due to dissatisfaction but the hunger to play is back and I’m in full swing again.

For the constant visible ladder demands,
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/guild-wars-2-getting-in-game-leaderboards/
Shows that they are already working on it and even gives specifics on initial roll out. Relax, it’s coming.

in PvP

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Give each profession few minutes (fair share!) so that devs can elaborate on how they designed the profession, how they see it now and where are they taking it in the near future (strongest spots, weakest spots, weapon sets, etc.)

Would love to see that happen.

Somehow I still wish public test servers would be a thing. I don’t quite get why there are none. It has done Blizzard very good and I think players would be a lot less anxious if they sort of knew where gameplay is heading. Plus you can’t have too many testers.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Drill him on Warrior changes.

I beg of you.

Have me on the show and I’ll do it.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Drstranglelove.4391

Drstranglelove.4391

Forget about the balance
forget about the new maps
Forget about everything except for population and something to strive for in pvp

they clearly care more about pve then pvp
which is just to please the fat man upstairs

coming from a game thats sole focus was pvp based esports this game is starting to look more and more like a Diablo 3 Let down

after this last patch in february ive lost all hope in pvp

why dont u get real and just tell us that pvp is only going to come in the next expansion with another likely false esports advertisement

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I beg of you.

I have a pack of angry necros in a dire need of answers. I think we can join forces and drill him together,

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

I beg of you.

I have a pack of angry necros in a dire need of answers. I think we can join forces and drill him together,

The Warrior-Necromancer Coalition.

It’s sad because I play both. Why do I have such bad luck? At least with the necromancer, the only real issue is lack of mobility. Assuming no one sees me, necros can do quite a bit. But like warrior, they pretty much need to be baby sat constantly. :\

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

Engineers would love to join you guys.

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Suddenly everyone loves Warriors…

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Monitor the speech time, 20 minutes for each player and 20 minutes for Anet (the 2 devs). Notify people by private messages when their speech time is running out rather than aloud as it breaks the pace of discussion though.

This is especially true for J Sharp. If you’re reading this, please keep it concise.

Noted.

And how about discussing the current state of thief stealth. Giving thieves the ability to hop in and out of stealth repeatedly, without penalty, cure conditions, self-heal, etc is simply not fun for anyone other than a thief.

Imagine giving warriors the ability to become immune to everything but AoE damage at will, as often as they like. While immune, they can heal and remove conditions from themselves. How broken is that!

You may point to the meta and show that thieves aren’t as broken as elementalists, but surely you cannot deny that they are completely broken in other parts of the game (WvW, hotjoin, etc.).

If you think thief stealth is fine, then please tell me what other profession can do this:

Even Warcraft knew how to balance stealth:
– any damage brought rogues out of stealth
– vanish was on a long cooldown
– runspeed was reduced while stealthed
– rogues had access to a very small number of abilities while stealthed
– rogues could not cure conditions in stealth or by going into stealth
– rogues could not heal in stealth or by going into stealth

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

when will 4v5 be fixed, i and many other solo queueres quit until its fixed

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Monitor the speech time, 20 minutes for each player and 20 minutes for Anet (the 2 devs). Notify people by private messages when their speech time is running out rather than aloud as it breaks the pace of discussion though.

This is especially true for J Sharp. If you’re reading this, please keep it concise.

Noted.

And how about discussing the current state of thief stealth. Giving thieves the ability to hop in and out of stealth repeatedly, without penalty, cure conditions, self-heal, etc is simply not fun for anyone other than a thief.

Imagine giving warriors the ability to become immune to everything but AoE damage at will, as often as they like. While immune, they can heal and remove conditions from themselves. How broken is that!

You may point to the meta and show that thieves aren’t as broken as elementalists, but surely you cannot deny that they are completely broken in other parts of the game (WvW, hotjoin, etc.).

If you think thief stealth is fine, then please tell me what other profession can do this:

posts like yours have been answered so many times, but i will bother answering again:
1st: WvW (not spvp), wich implies:
-Culling.
-Armor differences.
-Non 80 people.
-Unaware enemies.
2nd: Skill of other players he is facing:
-Notice how he isnt stunned a single time.
-Notice how no one bothers to ress downed players.
3rd: Perma stealth:
-first, there is no perma stealth. The thief in the video has 3 means of stealthing: Heal (wich is the only that is really reliable), AoE stealth (a field where the thief has to stand in = free hits on thief), Cloak and dagger (dodge it = gg for thief).
-i can see how this is a problem in wvw, with culling it takes a second longer for thieves to appear, but this sotg is about spvp, where that doesnt appliy and thieves cant restealth over and over without beeing seen.

Please keep thief QQ out of sotg.

PS: i see you mention wow, vanish is a long cd (there was a spell to refresh its cd though) spell because that is perma stealth, when a thief stealthed you would completely loose track of him, it was even easier fleeing from though fights in wow and resetting than in gw (thats why runspeed is reduced in wow). Rogue had access to even more powerfull spells while stealthed, i dont even understand what you mean.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

posts like yours have been answered so many times, but i will bother answering again:
1st: WvW (not spvp), wich implies:
-Culling.
-Armor differences.
-Non 80 people.
-Unaware enemies.
2nd: Skill of other players he is facing:
-Notice how he isnt stunned a single time.
-Notice how no one bothers to ress downed players.
3rd: Perma stealth:
-first, there is no perma stealth. The thief in the video has 3 means of stealthing: Heal (wich is the only that is really reliable), AoE stealth (a field where the thief has to stand in = free hits on thief), Cloak and dagger (dodge it = gg for thief).
-i can see how this is a problem in wvw, with culling it takes a second longer for thieves to appear, but this sotg is about spvp, where that doesnt appliy and thieves cant restealth over and over without beeing seen.

Please keep thief QQ out of sotg.

PS: i see you mention wow, vanish is a long cd (there was a spell to refresh its cd though) spell because that is perma stealth, when a thief stealthed you would completely loose track of him, it was even easier fleeing from though fights in wow and resetting than in gw (thats why runspeed is reduced in wow). Rogue had access to even more powerfull spells while stealthed, i dont even understand what you mean.

Then which other profession can accomplish this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACOxV5CA52w (I’ll give you a hint – the answer is: none)

P.S. Your statements about WoW rogues are untrue. It was harder to escape than in GW2 (any damage would break stealth). WoW had reduced runspeed in stealth because that has been one of the tradeoffs for stealth since the early days of pen and paper games – and with good reason. There was a spell that would reset the cooldown on vanish, but you had to spec for it and it had a very long cooldown. That was it. You could stealth, at most, 3 times. Otherwise you had to run away and get out of combat.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Pretty much every profession I imagine wants their own profession questions to come up in this discussion. It’s not likely they will give us specifics to any of it, keep that in mind. Saying one thing and then deciding not to do it makes people a whole lot more angry then if they just don’t say it. It’s unfortunate that we aren’t mature enough as a community to handle that kind of discourse, but it is what it is. Maybe I’m wrong though, perhaps they will tell us some more details and we might handle it correctly. Last time though, even with what little they revealed it was a pretty horrible community reaction.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Are they aware how lame it is to fight against a d/d or s/d ele and why do they allow this class and build to ruin fun gameplay for 4 months.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Are they aware how lame it is to fight against a d/d or s/d ele and why do they allow this class and build to ruin fun gameplay for 4 months.

Go troll somewhere else… there is a thread for that with quite clear arguments no one has countered yet.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Then which other profession can accomplish this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACOxV5CA52w (I’ll give you a hint – the answer is: none)

P.S. Your statements about WoW rogues are untrue. It was harder to escape than in GW2 (any damage would break stealth). WoW had reduced runspeed in stealth because that has been one of the tradeoffs for stealth since the early days of pen and paper games – and with good reason. There was a spell that would reset the cooldown on vanish, but you had to spec for it and it had a very long cooldown. That was it. You could stealth, at most, 3 times. Otherwise you had to run away and get out of combat.

WoW’s rogues ran faster in stealth later on. Sprint also completely eliminated the reduction.
WoW didn’t allow for attacks to be made without a target (except ground-targeted abilities, and a FEW others), so ofc. it would need to break the stealth. If WoW allowed you to swing at nothing, then stealth would be UP as hell, and Vanish would be pointless.

You can still attack the thief who’s in stealth.
He’s not in Godmode when in stealth. In fact he’s likely to take even 3-5 hits while in stealth without being able to deliver an attack. All stealth does is make him invisible to you. You cannot see him. If he decides to attack you, you will see him (almost) immediately, which means that the thief didn’t gain any advantage over you, besides a backstab if you were bad. But then it’s not stealth you’re complaining about. Then it’s backstab.

Also, the “name one other class that can do this” argument is silly.
Name one other class who can absolutely slaughter any PvE content than a warrior.
Name one other class who can go from the squishiest cannon to the tankiest tank without changing build at all, on the fly.
Name one other class who has two health bars.
Name one other class who can deploy turrets.

It’s a silly argument. The thief in the video does nothing he shouldn’t be able to, except be invisible longer than intended because of culling.

And that’s a bug. That’s not a balancing question.

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

I hope the upcoming State of the Game will be as constructive and critical as it should be to bring the game back out of its current miserable state.
Sadly zoose got replaced by the third developer being on the show, but I hope it still won’t make the show any less helpful now than it can be for the community. ( High Hopes but well )
My biggest concerns now which should also have the most lengthy discussions are:

- Transparency:
The broken promises have hit a lot of players hard. Not only that we still do not know how long we have to wait for certain features. Why is it so hard to have someone show us the current state of development and if a lot of players are happy about it why not implement it and polish it later on ?
Many players have no more trust because reasonable expectations have been shattered.

- Infrastructure:

It has been mentioned many times. We need a properly divided SoloQ and PremadeQ whereas unrated Frees can still have the system it has now.
We have to have a visible ladder even with showing points ( like ELO-points ).
The past try to implement a SoloQ has left this game in a more miserable state for competitive as semi-competitive/casual players. Basically for everyone. We also need a faster map rotation.

This patch will decide if this game’s PvP will die off or recover.
They have to listen to us and allows us to be of more influence in the development else I have high and reasonable doubts that this game will become an E-Sport.
It may become one but meanwhile it will take a year or more as to as fast as the implementation of necessary features goes.

Please put a lot on attention on these two points.

P.S.: Current Balancing Issues lay in RtL not having any movement restrictions on Spirit Watch, the 25% Movement Signet of the Ranger and how certain skills scale in healing.

Edit: Most competitive teams are on hiatus. Some competitive players even consider quitting, a lot did before.
And to sum it up, PvP has been dead on NA for a while, EU is nearly dead.

(edited by Lady Sara Goldheart.2764)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Outline what ACTUAL resources are available to better limit our expectations.

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Outline what ACTUAL resources are available to better limit our expectations.

Look at PvE patches.
Now imagine how much resources they must have avaliable.
Now imagine 2-5% of the above.
Here’s your answer.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Noted.

Never have trouble with theifs tbh, i think this might be a learning curve thing. But thiefs who spec for regen/cure in stealth are just too slow to be useful. At least in premade vs premade. thats why you see NO THIEFS do this at high end play.

in PvP

Posted by: Noctis Assassin.4035

Noctis Assassin.4035

The power/crit attrition thiefs (or near permastealth thieves that get all their hp back after stealthing) are mainly designed to harass mesmers on backpoints, kill squishy thieves, and force teammates back to your home point. All you have to do to counter this is drop a trap ranger on your homepoint and do not send people back to help him unless they send others.

(edited by Noctis Assassin.4035)

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Or you can just kill the thief.
Lmao bleed thieves.
Boon removal plz.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Rika.7249

Lmao bleed thieves.

It’s the only ones that I don’t know how to fight.

I really don’t know what their weakness is.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Lmao bleed thieves.

It’s the only ones that I don’t know how to fight.

I really don’t know what their weakness is.

Mono condition – easy to remove before significant
Offensive power drops to mediocre at range.
Constant stealth makes the point go to neutralized state.
Death blossom does not leap far and is easily evaded.
Death blossom’s available uses are easy recognized by counting to 4. You will not see another DB after that, and it will generally stop at 3. Trying to move towards you after kiting to land DB leaves them vulnerable to CC.
Immobilize fixes position, meaning strafing to their back now disallows them to land a CnD regardless.
Shoddy offensive significant power outside of Caltrops, Death blossom and Sneak attack, means little skills to actually be concerned with. Caltrops is down 10-15s after it disappears leaving them with just shoddy Sneak attack attack play, deathblossom or in some cases the shortbow.

P/D’s have shadow strike, but it does kitten damage in a condition spec, and only puts them in range to do more lukewarm vital shots, now out of CnD range.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Rika.7249

Typically pistol-dagger thieves I can’t deal with.

Slippery bunch. Easy to avoid the caltrops, and the damage isn’t exactly amazing, but I can’t really harm them much either due to the whole playstyle of the stealth-pistol tactic.

I guess I should just get better at tracking stealthed targets.

in PvP

Posted by: Saital.4819

Saital.4819

Don’t even bother with P/D thieves. I still can’t believe how many people and WvW fall for this. Then you see on YouTube all these “super pro 1vX” thief videos and the thief’s opponent all make the same mistake: they try to fight him—instead of, you know, actually taking objectives or something.

Even the video that was just posted above, why bother fighting the thief? The zerg was doing nothing productive, just running around and getting stomped repeatedly. And in the case of P/D thieves, if you just run from them, they have nothing. Pistol thieves have no ability to chase and take forever to kill something. They are only useful as long as a zerg is dumb enough to be out in the field trying to kill them.

in PvP

Posted by: Nord.5360

Nord.5360

Hey guys,

The feedback so far has been amazing. It’s good to see the PvP community remain so passionate about the game.

Keep it comin’.

Grouch

in PvP

Posted by: Iniquity.5290

Iniquity.5290

It would be nice to press Anet for actual numbers regarding the population size in the mists. It feels like it takes way to much time to find a party or get any type of quality game going in the tournaments.

What is being done to recruit more pvp’rs (not just from the PVE community but actual recruitment of pvp players from the other Esport games) to create a healthy community?

Alternative game modes besides capture points? – A lot of people myself included do not like that game mode over others (e.g. nexus wars)

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Forget about the balance
forget about the new maps
Forget about everything except for population and something to strive for in pvp

they clearly care more about pve then pvp
which is just to please the fat man upstairs

coming from a game thats sole focus was pvp based esports this game is starting to look more and more like a Diablo 3 Let down

after this last patch in february ive lost all hope in pvp

why dont u get real and just tell us that pvp is only going to come in the next expansion with another likely false esports advertisement

I was looking forward to gw2 pvp because I played pvp primarily in gw1. I really don’t know how they expect to achieve esport status when there is barely any attention given to pvp and i know a game doesn’t become an esport overnight

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I would really like to hear about the state of the game 5 months ago.When there were a lot of people playing it.Now the population is low and as we speak for the state of the game more and more people are quiting.My friends in real life did it but I wont quit,i really like it and i dont want to be offensive by any means with what i say but the state of the game for me now is sad.You see i really like playing this mmo with a lot of people and my friends..
So if i wanted something to added in this SOTG is my saddness for a downfall that seems unstoppable

in PvP

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

It was mentioned in one of the previous State of the Games that the team was looking at ways to get rewards that can be brought back and fourth from sPvP to PvE. Any update on this? I don’t really think that many people play sPvP because they don’t see a point since there is a complete disconnect from progressing in PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

Why not allow you to queue for tournaments from the sPvP screen while outside of the mists. You used to be able to do this for hotjoins a long time ago, this would let you keep playing PVE while waiting to get in during non-peak hours and will attract a lot more PVE-ers I think who feel detached from their character or game in the mists.

(edited by Rump Buffalo.2594)

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

1) What is the sit-rep on ArenaNet’s development krewes? (who is working on what? [don’t need names obviously but “team A is here,” etc.] How are they faring? [focus, moral, progress], etc.)

2) How long until a PTR is made available? (a PTR is an excellent vehicle for player/developer interaction and an indispensable tool for developers to keep the game current, particularly since player-testers are willing to suffer bugs rather than cry sour grapes about them)

3) From the developer’s point of view, what is the biggest challenge they are currently facing? (that is, specifically, not just “managing profession balance,” but rather i.e., “finding a way to fix the Asura Engineer using Elixir S camera bug without breaking camera collision for everyone else” or sommat like that.)

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in PvP

Posted by: Arty.1738

Arty.1738

1) I would like to understand how Match Making system works. What are the factors involved and how do they affect selection of appropriate opposing team?

2) Last night me and two guild members was doing tournaments and we found two randoms in the Mists. We’ve won 6 games in a row and haven’t found any competition at all. This wasn’t any fun neither for us nor for our opponents (I can say that by number of rage quitters). It’s more fun when we go full guild team because we face more challenging opponents in this case.
Is there a difference in the system for guild teams and non-guild teams? How system identifies if it’s a pre-made group or not?

3) How fast team can progress in the ladder? For example how many games it will take for a team with starting rating to get to the top 10/100/500 of the ladder under the condition that team wins all the fights and facing the equal rating opponents in each game?

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

I’d like to ask the devs if they feel like the classes in this game came out of the box more or less magically balanced because the amount of class changes has been amazingly small since release. I’ve played just about every MMORPG to come down the pike that had any kind of substantial pvp and there was constant balancing and polishing of the classes from the start. Baby steps is an understatement to describe A-nets philosophy on class change although I think “not enough resources” is more likely the culprit.

in PvP

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

Well done Grouch. Ignore the naysayers, what you do for this community alongside high level players is far and above what anyone else is doing.

To Arena-net, thankyou for taking the time out of your busy schedules to do these SOTG discussions, this is also far and above what you are required to do as game developers and in my experience over many MMO’s, you are the only dev team to consistently interact with the community in this way outside of forum posts and should be commended for it.

To players wanting to put the developers under siege or over the coals so to speak, remember this, they don’t have to do a SOTG at all and Xeph has it right, it’s a nicety and a way to build a relationship with the players, not a medium to rage or put the hard word on them.

Sorry but devs appearing on a show like this is not some form of charity that players should be thankful for.

We want to know where the game is going in order to determine whether or not we should bother to continue to playing it.

Its the DEVS who should be thankful that anyone is even willing to listen to them at all at this point when none of the features that people want work correctly or are even in the game after 8 months and millions of box sales.

Taking people’s money and then stringing them along with a copy and pasted promise list month after month is not exactly a great way to build consumer confidence.

People just want to know if / when key features will be in the game. If Anet just dodges those questions, talks about unrelated topics, or just flat out deny that issues like low population exist then there is no point in having them talk about the ‘state of the game’.

in PvP

Posted by: BlueCheez.4873

BlueCheez.4873

Over six months and we haven’t seen a single “team-strategy” dominate the meta. In GW1, nobody would complain “the warrior is OP” or “the profession I play isn’t strong enough,” but things like “IWAY is OP” or “Balanced builds are underpowered.”

Why is your focus only on fixing individual professions instead of promoting whole-team-strategies? With cross-profession-combos being so underused, underpowered, and underdeveloped, do you WANT this to be a game where every player on a team “does their own thing”? Is this somehow supposed to “appeal to causals”?

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Over six months and we haven’t seen a single “team-strategy” dominate the meta. In GW1, nobody would complain “the warrior is OP” or “the profession I play isn’t strong enough,” but things like “IWAY is OP” or “Balanced builds are underpowered.”

Why is your focus only on fixing individual professions instead of promoting whole-team-strategies? With cross-profession-combos being so underused, underpowered, and underdeveloped, do you WANT this to be a game where every player on a team “does their own thing”? Is this somehow supposed to “appeal to causals”?

First:
There were single bars / professions which were too strong (you may recall assassins being a profession), so that part of your post is wrong. If that wasn’t enough, there were also entire trait lines of professions which were unusable for a long time, about which there was complaining.

Secondly:
Many skills in gw1 were nerfed because they were too effective for how easy they were to use.

Third:
A dominant build hasn’t surfaced because the only appreciable difference between compositions is who happened to be online at that time.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Spelling B Champ.3264

Spelling B Champ.3264

Can you ask them why so little resources are being put into PvP when this is a sequel to the best PvP mmo in which 50% of the players if not more were dedicated PvP players?